PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's animations

NuclearFuss
06-08-2012, 11:34 PM
So we know that Connor has completely brand new animations, but what about Desmond? Will he immediately have the same moves as Connor at the start of the game, will it be gradual, or will he stick with Ezio's?

Place your bets

Assassin_M
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Desmond will have Desmond`s animations..

dxsxhxcx
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
it wouldn't make sense if he had Connor's moves before experience some of his memories...

imonthenet
06-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Maybe he starts off with Ezio's but Connor's animations influence him and he ends up with a mixture of both

Moultonborough
06-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Ubisoft is not going to program two different fighting styles for a person who only is 20% of the game. He will have Connor's style of fighting.

Evenesque
06-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I think I won't give a flying bollocks how Desmond works. I see that you will, but he's such an insignificant part of the meta-story at this point that I don't even care about him anymore. I'm just happy Connor is his own person.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I think I won't give a flying bollocks how Desmond works. I see that you will, but he's such an insignificant part of the meta-story at this point that I don't even care about him anymore. I'm just happy Connor is his own person.
I care. Tons of other people care. Polls have been done and it has been shown that there are more people that do care about his story than those who don't. Sooo...Ubisoft needs to appeal to the majority, which is those who like Desmond's story and character. He is the most significant character and that is why he is still around. =)

Ubisoft is not going to program two different fighting styles for a person who only is 20% of the game. He will have Connor's style of fighting.
They will if they want their game to make sense. And 20% is quite a lot. So, yes, they will give him another fighting style.

Evenesque
06-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I care. Tons of other people care. Polls have been done and it has been shown that there are more people that do care about his story than those who don't. Sooo...Ubisoft needs to appeal to the majority, which is those who like Desmond's story and character. He is the most significant character and that is why he is still around. =)

They will if they want their game to make sense. And 20% is quite a lot. So, yes, they will give him another fighting style.

I never said it wasn't ok that other people care. But since you decided it was worth bringing up, I challenge you to find unanimous sources that show more people care about desmond than those who don't. I don't have any studies, or evidence, so I'm not sitting here saying everyone thinks this way, but I know that everyone I've talked to and dozens of shows I've watched from G4's Feedback to Spike TV interviews, there have been people blatantly and unflinching saying that they don't give a flit about Desmond anymore. He's a nonsense character at this point in the story. Regardless of his motives or his backstory or his percentage involvement in the story, he represents an unwanted and unfun shift in focus in the games now to a lot of people.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 07:30 AM
I never said it wasn't ok that other people care. But since you decided it was worth bringing up, I challenge you to find unanimous sources that show more people care about desmond than those who don't. I don't have any studies, or evidence, so I'm not sitting here saying everyone thinks this way, but I know that everyone I've talked to and dozens of shows I've watched from G4's Feedback to Spike TV interviews, there have been people blatantly and unflinching saying that they don't give a flit about Desmond anymore. He's a nonsense character at this point in the story. Regardless of his motives or his backstory or his percentage involvement in the story, he represents an unwanted and unfun shift in focus in the games now to a lot of people.
Ubigabe has said that questions about Desmond are asked the most. In interviews, Desmond is also asked about all the time. A lot of people don't like him, but a lot do. I like his story. It is the most complex story I have seen. So I think that Ubisoft should appeal to us fans of that as well instead of leaving us in the dark. I think there is such great potential in Desmond's story. Let it happen Ubisoft!

POP1Fan
06-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Like it would be hard to take the animations from the previous games (like they did 3 times anyway).I for one would like him to keep Ezio/Altair's moves.

Moultonborough
06-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Like it would be hard to take the animations from the previous games (like they did 3 times anyway).I for one would like him to keep Ezio/Altair's moves.

I'm not saying it would be hard, just that it would take extra time that could be used on something else.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm not saying it would be hard, just that it would take extra time that could be used on something else.
It wouldn't take much time at all. They shouldn't put their effort at half for Desmond's part of the game. There should be effort put forth on it, making it a better game.

FirestarLuva
06-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Maybe he'll have Ezio's animations only a little bit improved. As for fighting style, I'm sure it will be fluid but not the same as Connor's.

LightRey
06-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe he'll have Ezio's animations only a little bit improved. As for fighting style, I'm sure it will be fluid but not the same as Connor's.
I wouldn't be too sure. They'd have to make separate animations for both characters, which seems like a waste of time and effort to me.

itsamea-mario
06-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, i think this is a case of wait and see.
I mean, they're using a new engine. Also if someone new comes to the game they may find it strange, even off putting, if desmond has Altair/Ezio's clunky style of movement, when there will obviously be more practice with connor's style.

mattduck69
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
yeah, im just inlove with conners free running so i want desmond to have it haha but it would kinda be weird if he had it before going into the animus

rileypoole1234
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I think he'll have his own animations.

dewgel
06-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm gunna put this one out there and say he'll have Connor's from the start.

Remember, he had Eagle Sense and all of Ezio's slightly different running animations in Animus Island before the game even began with Ezio?

Plus; they've shown gameplay of the Multiplayer, and all the multiplayer folks have Connor's really cool sprinting etc..

PS PS. Remember in Revelations MP when they still had the hookblade climb animation even though there is no hookblade?

POP1Fan
06-09-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm gunna put this one out there and say he'll have Connor's from the start.

Remember, he had Eagle Sense and all of Ezio's slightly different running animations in Animus Island before the game even began with Ezio?

Plus; they've shown gameplay of the Multiplayer, and all the multiplayer folks have Connor's really cool sprinting etc..

PS PS. Remember in Revelations MP when they still had the hookblade climb animation even though there is no hookblade?

Because he lived Ezio's memories in AC2 and Brotherhood, maybe?

GeneralTrumbo
06-10-2012, 02:09 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682258-POLL-How-important-is-Desmond-s-story-to-you-in-Assassins-Creed-on-a-scale-of-1-10/ (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682258-POLL-How-important-is-Desmond-s-story-to-you-in-Assassins-Creed-on-a-scale-of-1-10/page6)

Evenesque
06-10-2012, 02:43 AM
I think he'll either develop Connor's animations later in the game, or he'll stick with Ezio's.

masterfenix2009
06-10-2012, 02:48 AM
I think he will have Connor's. Since AC2 he has had the animations of the present ancestor.

Calvarok
06-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Desmond had Ezio animations before he relived any of Ezio's memory. Most characters in AC use Ezio animations at some point. It's not so much the animation of the character but of that iteration of the AC engine. Some day simulating realistic animations will be easy enough that every character will be totally unique. that day is not this day. I don't care if desmond has his free-running and movement animations, but I hope that desmond has different weapons so animation carryover in that department won't be at all similar.

CrazySN
06-10-2012, 03:13 AM
The developers did say they had some surprises kept when they release the game. I'm hoping the Desmond section is one of those surprises, and I hope we actually get some action with some current generation weapons, as fighting people armed with sticks isn't exactly impressive.

dewgel
06-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Because he lived Ezio's memories in AC2 and Brotherhood, maybe?

Sorry for the delayed response dude, but I think you mis understood me. I said Eagle sense as in the Revelations version, not Eagle Vision. I meant he had Ezios enhanced Eagle Sense before he even experienced Ezios later memories to actually gain it

My point being that they'll have probably have the new animations coded into Anvil Next to avoid confusion. Maybe.

oliacr
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Desmond will have his own animations...