PDA

View Full Version : things you don't like about AC3

berserker134
06-07-2012, 03:31 PM
there things that im exited for and other things that im not. My least favorite is the ball that apears on top of connors head it looks stupid and also no free aim :mad:

post the ones you dont like

Legendz54
06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
i am easy to please...

itsamea-mario
06-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I think the ball above his head may just be the wii u.

berserker134
06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I think the ball above his head may just be the wii u.

no it also apears in the ps3 demo

Captain Tomatoz
06-07-2012, 03:58 PM
The ball does look a bit silly but it will hopefully be optional and can be turned off from the options menu. It could be useful though in knowing where your enemies are when your hiding.

ProletariatPleb
06-07-2012, 03:59 PM
I dislike the lines appearing too frequently when in cover, once or twice is okay, but it's too frequent, like a Helicopter on his hood...with a ball.

Medo3G
06-07-2012, 04:08 PM
My least favorite is the ball that apears on top of connors head it looks stupid
I think it's connected to the guards that see you, Like in AC1 when you are in sight a yellow/red eye appears
I agree it's a bit distracting, The lines work in Watch Dogs but don't fit smoothly here.
I think the grid appears on Connor when he turns into anonymous+ out of sight.
But as long as I can turn it off it'll be fine.
But it doesn't break the game for me, I think I wouldn't remove it personally :)

AnthonyA85
06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
that ball is just a visual representation of blending, like the white spider web on the ground in AC2/B/R, (and we couldn't turn that off), the small Assassin symbol also turns white when you blend (that seems to be the alert status indicator now), have any of you guys also noticed that the symbol has three dots (or stars) underneath it, and during the demo, the left most one is glowing, while the other two are dimmed.

Vex_Assassin
06-07-2012, 04:20 PM
that ball is just a visual representation of blending, like the white spider web on the ground in AC2/B/R, (and we couldn't turn that off), the small Assassin symbol also turns white when you blend (that seems to be the alert status indicator now), have any of you guys also noticed that the symbol has three dots (or stars) underneath it, and during the demo, the left most one is glowing, while the other two are dimmed.

Maybe the three dots have something to do with notoriety?

infamous_ezio
06-07-2012, 04:21 PM
yeah a ball on his head has definitely ruined the entire game for me, like let's exclude all the other things, a ball on his head.. man i'm definitely not going to buy the game now.

gtfo

ACSineQuaNon
06-07-2012, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I noticed the three dots too. Hopefully each one brings an increased intensity of AI awareness and aggression in which the third is extremely difficult to escape and survive.

Things I Don't Like:
HUD (looks too futuristic, the icons don't "feel" like Assassin's Creed, and the shade of blue isn't a color that goes well with the environments we've seen so far)
Horses (they look clunky and their musculature is too undefined)
Water (looks flat; static; and too few shades of blue, preventing an impression of depth)
Double Pistols (firing them looks awkward)

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe the three dots have something to do with notoriety?

Yeah, it does represent Notoriety. With each dot more difficult guard archtypes are introduced. At least that is what I read from one of the previews.

Medo3G
06-07-2012, 04:34 PM
the small Assassin symbol also turns white when you blend (that seems to be the alert status indicator now), have any of you guys also noticed that the symbol has three dots (or stars) underneath it, and during the demo, the left most one is glowing, while the other two are dimmed.
Well there was a logo as alert status indicator in AC1 before it changed in AC2
And the 3 dots where confirmed to be the notoriety indicator

Actually does the lines connect to hiding spots or guards ?

SleezeRocker
06-07-2012, 04:49 PM
That October 30 can't come soon enough ;)

AnthonyA85
06-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Well there was a logo as alert status indicator in AC1 before it changed in AC2
And the 3 dots where confirmed to be the notoriety indicator

Actually does the lines connect to hiding spots or guards ?

where was it confirmed that the dots were noteriety? I must have missed that article. Got the link?

lothario-da-be
06-07-2012, 04:57 PM
combat is too easy and enelies are not agressive enough.

Captain Tomatoz
06-07-2012, 04:59 PM
yeah a ball on his head has definitely ruined the entire game for me, like let's exclude all the other things, a ball on his head.. man i'm definitely not going to buy the game now.

gtfo

Calm down. I think its a testament to how good the game is that the only complaint is a small circle above his head.

This is a thread of what people didn't like about the demo after all. No game is perfect although AC3 seems close :D

CrazySN
06-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Well, the shorter FOV and closer camera does quite irk me a bit, and it will take some time to get used to after playing the previous games. I think a lot of people are going to complain about not being able to see the enemy in combat with the shorter FOV.

SixKeys
06-07-2012, 05:08 PM
where was it confirmed that the dots were noteriety? I must have missed that article. Got the link?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-ubisoft-spills-more-details-on-assassins-creed-iii-including-battles-on-the-high-seas-new-cover-mechanics-and-the-brotherhoods-replacement/

The old blending system wasn't perfect, but it was still more subtle than the new one. What they really need is a mix of AC1 and AC2's blending. In AC1 the character's colors didn't become dimmed when blending, he looked like he still belonged to the environment and it looked more natural. In AC2 the blending was less restrictive and it was easier to see when you were entering or exiting a blend group. I like that in AC3 you don't have static groups just standing everywhere, but the antenna ball really needs to go. Just a sound cue or a subtle outline shimmering around Connor for a few seconds would be enough to indicate when he's hidden.

infamous_ezio
06-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Calm down. I think its a testament to how good the game is that the only complaint is a small circle above his head.

This is a thread of what people didn't like about the demo after all. No game is perfect although AC3 seems close :D

Haha yeah, i just don't understand how something as small as an aid to helping the character blend, be annoying? like seriously ahah

playassassins1
06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
there things that im exited for and other things that im not. My least favorite is the ball that apears on top of connors head it looks stupid and also no free aim :mad:

post the ones you dont like

Actually free-aim will be in the game. Watch the Boston demo again and pay attention throughout the whole demo, and you'll see free-aim.

I guess its really your choice, You can choose to lock on to targets or aim for yourself.

TorQue1988
06-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree about the reticle that appears above Connor's head. I hope there will be an option to turn it off because it looks very weird and distracting.
Also, i don't like the minimap layout, It was much better in previous games.
There are some other small things that need improvement: the horses; the deer animations; the way Connor grabs a musket from a rack; bending branches; snow on clothes effects; enemy AI and obstacle detection etc.
But all of these things are minor, and i'm sure the game will be great.

playassassins1
06-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I agree about the reticle that appears above Connor's head. I hope there will be an option to turn it off because it looks very weird and distracting.

I think I'm the only one liking the Circle above connor's head. It's pretty helpful to know with what or who you are blending in with.

Though I do think that they could have pulled it off a different way than this way.

Medo3G
06-07-2012, 05:57 PM
I think I'm the only one liking the Circle above connor's head. It's pretty helpful to know with what or who you are blending in with.

Though I do think that they could have pulled it off a different way than this way.

I don't hate the circle
I just don't see the lines necessary. actually I don't know what the lines indicate :P

playassassins1
06-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't hate the circle
I just don't see the lines necessary. actually I don't know what the lines indicate :P

The lines point to the NPC's you are blending in with.

Josegtx13
06-07-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-ubisoft-spills-more-details-on-assassins-creed-iii-including-battles-on-the-high-seas-new-cover-mechanics-and-the-brotherhoods-replacement/

I'm a bit confused in the article they said that the health is non-regenerative and constant throughout the game. Do they mean that it'll be exactly like AC1s health system were it will heal overtime or something else?

Aphex_Tim
06-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm a bit confused in the article they said that the health is non-regenerative and constant throughout the game. Do they mean that it'll be exactly like AC1s health system were it will heal overtime or something else?

I probably means that you have the same amount of health throughout the entire game and it doesn't regenerate automatically, like it did in AC1.
It'll probably stop you from becoming invincible like in previous games where you eventually can have massive amounts of health, which is a good thing in my book!

Josegtx13
06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I probably means that you have the same amount of health throughout the entire game and it doesn't regenerate automatically, like it did in AC1.
It'll probably stop you from becoming invincible like in previous games where you eventually can have massive amounts of health, which is a good thing in my book!

Yup that's what I thought they meant, and it also sounds good to me.

TorQue1988
06-07-2012, 06:26 PM
From the demos it seems that it does regenerate automatically, just not during combat.

AnthonyA85
06-07-2012, 06:30 PM
The health bar does regenerate, but NOT during combat, and from the way i interpreted it, Aphex is right, we'll most probably end the game with the same amount of health that we start it with.

Assassin_M
06-07-2012, 06:31 PM
The only thing you hate is a ball above his head ? I love you.. xD

My only dislike of the game is the fact that I have to wait till October, and that its too good that I stopped playing on my PS because I can`t see my self play these low-rate scum of games:p

AnthonyA85
06-07-2012, 06:37 PM
You only have to wait til october/november? Heh, I'll most likely have to wait until christmas day to play this (like i did with ACR, i just hope my brother doesn't damage the collectors box this time (when i get round to ordering the FE)

To be honest though, the circle doesn't really bother me, i mean, we had chevrons above the heads of allies and enemies in the last 3 games, and i don't remember anyone complaining about that.

My only nitpick is the Minimap, or rather, it's location. I guess i've just gotten used ot having the minimap on the right, and weapons on the left. Also, i noticed during the boston and wilderness playthroughs that the enemies never showed up on the minimap, only the wolves did.

Josegtx13
06-07-2012, 06:43 PM
From the demos it seems that it does regenerate automatically, just not during combat.

The health bar does regenerate, but NOT during combat, and from the way i interpreted it, Aphex is right, we'll most probably end the game with the same amount of health that we start it with.

Now these sound a lot better.

Medo3G
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Then what's the use of the tombs/lairs ?

berserker134
06-07-2012, 07:23 PM
You only have to wait til october/november? Heh, I'll most likely have to wait until christmas day to play this (like i did with ACR, i just hope my brother doesn't damage the collectors box this time (when i get round to ordering the FE)

To be honest though, the circle doesn't really bother me, i mean, we had chevrons above the heads of allies and enemies in the last 3 games, and i don't remember anyone complaining about that.

My only nitpick is the Minimap, or rather, it's location. I guess i've just gotten used ot having the minimap on the right, and weapons on the left. Also, i noticed during the boston and wilderness playthroughs that the enemies never showed up on the minimap, only the wolves did.

i pr ordered it to play it october 30 :P EDIT: i will change my pre order to the NA collectors edition

AnthonyA85
06-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Well, we know that Washington had a PoE in 1781 from the glyphs in AC2 (I think it was the second puzzle, where we had to find the hidden apple in the various photos of world leaders)

Maybe the tombs contain keys to a vault (like the Masyaf keys) that contains an Apple, that connor then gives to Washington for safe-keeping. Maybe the Grand Temple needs two Pieces of Eden (like the vatican vault) to open, and Desmond has to find the other by looking through Connor's memories.

And Beserker, i'll be pre-ordering AC3 too, i just won't be allowed to play it until xmas.

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Wait and find out I guess, Hutchinson plainly said that he wants players to discover the tombs on our own. It'll be interesting.

Sick_one12
06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
it really shows how awesome ACIII is when most people are just complaining about cosmetic details like the HUD and the circle about Connors head:D
i only want to know a little bit about the Desmond gameplay and how he looks:)
apart from that theres nothing i could complain about:)
I dont know why but i still think that ACIII isnt going to look like it does right now on PS3/XBOX360 in the final game.....I mean did you see the moving ocean and the faces?it just looks too good for the current Gen:pwell,I wouldnt mind to be convinced otherwise:D

I think I still have AC2 on my mind.The final game didnt look as awesome as the E3 demo;)

Kables
06-07-2012, 08:01 PM
just the dagger animations from ACB being recycled for the tomahawk.. everything else is perfect.

rileypoole1234
06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I love everything...

Crucify Lucifer
06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
I dislike how I didn't see a single bale of hay in the demo D:<. Other than that, I really have no complaints :>.

Josegtx13
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
just the dagger animations from ACB being recycled for the tomahawk.. everything else is perfect.

Yes that annoys me as well. Hopefully in the full game the Tomahawk will have it's own animations.

Moultonborough
06-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I dislike how I didn't see a single bale of hay in the demo D:<. Other than that, I really have no complaints :>.

There was one in the Boston demo.

frogger504
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
The only thing I don't like is that it isn't currently in my Xbox.

Crucify Lucifer
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
There was one in the Boston demo.

Oh, I just found it and first thing he does is jump into that bale XD thanks for that :D.

Edit: Was watching a commentary on the demo and the guy said that it was being played on the Wii? That just blew my mind, it already incredible, I can't even imagine pc/360/ps3 graphics.

TorQue1988
06-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Oh, I just found it and first thing he does is jump into that bale XD thanks for that :D.

Edit: Was watching a commentary on the demo and the guy said that it was being played on the Wii? That just blew my mind, it already incredible, I can't even imagine pc/360/ps3 graphics.
It was being played on the Wii U, which is miles better than the simple Wii, and at least as good (if not slightly better) as 360/ps3.

Moultonborough
06-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Your welcome.;)

berserker134
06-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, we know that Washington had a PoE in 1781 from the glyphs in AC2 (I think it was the second puzzle, where we had to find the hidden apple in the various photos of world leaders)

Maybe the tombs contain keys to a vault (like the Masyaf keys) that contains an Apple, that connor then gives to Washington for safe-keeping. Maybe the Grand Temple needs two Pieces of Eden (like the vatican vault) to open, and Desmond has to find the other by looking through Connor's memories.

And Beserker, i'll be pre-ordering AC3 too, i just won't be allowed to play it until xmas.
why not

OriginalMiles
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
I dislike that it isn't in my house RIGHT NOW!!!! I need to preorder it.

Captain Tomatoz
06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
The only thing I don't like is that it isn't currently in my Xbox.

I know, I've been throwing money at my screen all day but the game still isn't here :(

Assassin_M
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I know, I've been throwing money at my screen all day but the game still isn't here :(
Your doing it wrong, you need to put it in the DVD driver..

Medo3G
06-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Said it before in another thread
This is the most disappointing thing about AC 3

How many times have you watched a demonstration of a video game, and been amazed, only to get the game home and realize you canít actually do anything you just saw? The level of precision and flawless execution some developers have when presenting their games can sometimes be stunning - and itís because they rehearse the same sequence over and over. One of Ubisoftís goals this time around was to bring that kind of polished, incredible experience directly to the players, to make it more accessible. What youíve been seeing from ACIII so far is designed to be relatively easy to execute, and based on what weíve learned at E3, it seems as though you wonít have to throw out everything youíve learned about AC to do it.

Seriously Ubi http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/frown.png
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/0...sins-creed-iii (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2012-13-things-weve-learned-about-assassins-creed-iii)

Assassin_M
06-08-2012, 12:14 AM

Seriously Ubi http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/frown.png
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/0...sins-creed-iii (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2012-13-things-weve-learned-about-assassins-creed-iii)

Ba2olak asa7bi 2a3melak signature w tfokak mn el enta bet2olo da ?;):p

Medo3G
06-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Ba2olak asa7bi 2a3melak signature w tfokak mn el enta bet2olo da ?;):p
di quote mn l article nafsaha w ana bsara7a estafaztny
tany 7aga ana l signature bta3ty gsmda XD
bs lw gat f baly fkra l wa7da gdeeda w fashalt feeha ,msh htksf w ha2olak ,da7na wlad balad :D :D
btw e7na l mafrood n2ol l ubi y3ml n l sawra sbabha POE , eshta :D ?
kaman 7ot "whine about a tiny circle" fl signature 3andak :D

Calvarok
06-08-2012, 01:18 AM

Easy to learn, hard to master. The most advanced stuff will take skill. did you really expect the stuff we saw in the videos to be hard? It's pretty basic, they didn't do it as stylishly as they could have.

Moultonborough
06-08-2012, 08:14 AM
What I don't get is why are we saying "Things you don't like about AC 3" before it's out. You should give the thing a chance first, than judge it.

Noble6
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Oh come on UBI! Why are you doing this to me? First the automatic aiming when hunting and now this. I was hoping that fighting would be a bit more challenging than it looks and then they say its easier. I'm one of them who like to learn better as they play. It's great to start as average and then get better and learn the buttons or game should be challenging(this may be better option). I just wanted difficulty options but...Well game did sound too good to be true at first.

Of course I'm going to buy it but that's the thing. Because old fans are going to buy the game anyway they are going to make more easily accessible to new players( It's annoying how developers act like gamers were children. Everything has to be simple). Maybe I'm overreacting since everything else in that article sounded great.
:D

Easy to learn, hard to master. The most advanced stuff will take skill. .

I Hope you're right. Though why would we need advanced stuff if killing dozens of enemies is easy?

Azurefeatherfly
06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh come on UBI! Why are you doing this to me? First the automatic aiming when hunting and now this. I was hoping that fighting would be a bit more challenging than it looks and then they say its easier. I'm one of them who like to learn better as they play. It's great to start as average and then get better and learn the buttons or game should be challenging(this may be better option). I just wanted difficulty options but...Well game did sound too good to be true at first.

Free-aiming was done in the hunting game. How does anyone not see this? Are people that blind? As for Challenge, there was a Wii demo, where three guards took Connor down to half health with three hits. That health also stays the same throughout the entire game and he cannot regenerate while still in combat. Also no health packs, thank goodness.

That article is not fact, it is a mere opinion from what the said person saw, don't take everything at face value.

Noble6
06-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Free-aiming was done in the hunting game. How does anyone not see this? Are people that blind? As for Challenge, there was a Wii demo, where three guards took Connor down to half health with three hits. That health also stays the same throughout the entire game and he cannot regenerate while still in combat.

That article is not fact, it is a mere opinion from what the said person saw, don't take everything at face value.
It did not look like free aim? First player chose the target and connor shot without a chance to miss. I would like to see how this works on moving target. As for the demo I think I haven't seen that but i'm going to;).

Azurefeatherfly
06-08-2012, 09:43 AM
It did not look like free aim? First player chose the target and connor shot without a chance to miss. I would like to see how this works on moving target. As for the demo I think I haven't seen that but i'm going to;).

Did you not see the targeting reticule? White Circle with a white dot in the middle.

brefcourte
06-08-2012, 08:32 PM
In my opinion Connor is acting like a cruel brutal supervillian.

:Spoiler:
In the end it will turn out that he belongs to the templars
:/Spoiler:

Acrimonious_Nin
06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I liked most of it...yeah the ''web'', when you go into stealth seems like a big ''moment killer'', right when you feel like it should be organic it reminds you that it's just in the animus. Most likely the ''best'' game play is going to Desmond's which, most likely, will have non of this stuff, because of the fact that he is not in the Animus. Desmond's story should the most organic. Another thing that bothered me is that one of the recruits froze (I know it's a Demo) in the middle of combat; They should fix that quick -___-. This also has happened to me in someway shape or form in AC:B or AC:R, where they kind of knelt while in battle, like as if I was going to knight them....>_> and the last thing that bothers me is the fact that we all know that the game is done.....it should be out by tomorrow in my opinion and not on October....>_> I can deal with the glitches.....glitches are innevitable in AC games...they make the AC game more mysterious like, what really is going on inside the coding. hmmm see what I mean I love what has been shown especially the provocative propaganda they have released............<----dots :D <3

BTW talking about glitches has anyone, in AC:R, seen your assassin recruit come in the same clothing to battle as when you first recruited them ? lol hilarious

Assassin_M
06-08-2012, 09:28 PM
In my opinion Connor is acting like a cruel brutal supervillian.

:Spoiler:
In the end it will turn out that he belongs to the templars
:/Spoiler:
Poor Guy..
Go play Rabbids

BBALive
06-08-2012, 10:21 PM

Perhaps special weaponry instead of armour, or something like that.

I liked most of it...yeah the ''web'', when you go into stealth seems like a big ''moment killer'', right when you feel like it should be organic it reminds you that it's just in the animus. Most likely the ''best'' game play is going to Desmond's which, most likely, will have non of this stuff, because of the fact that he is not in the Animus. Desmond's story should the most organic. Another thing that bothered me is that one of the recruits froze (I know it's a Demo) in the middle of combat; They should fix that quick -___-. This also has happened to me in someway shape or form in AC:B or AC:R, where they kind of knelt while in battle, like as if I was going to knight them....>_> and the last thing that bothers me is the fact that we all know that the game is done.....it should be out by tomorrow in my opinion and not on October....>_> I can deal with the glitches.....glitches are innevitable in AC games...they make the AC game more mysterious like, what really is going on inside the coding. hmmm see what I mean I love what has been shown especially the provocative propaganda they have released............<----dots :D <3

BTW talking about glitches has anyone, in AC:R, seen your assassin recruit come in the same clothing to battle as when you first recruited them ? lol hilarious

Yeah, no. Imagine a Bethesda game multiplied by 2. That's what Assassin's Creed 3 would be like in terms of bugginess right now.

Did you not see the targeting reticule? White Circle with a white dot in the middle.

Semi-free aim. The reticule locks onto the target and you have the freedom to move the reticule to any part of the body, but it isn't full-on free-aim.