PDA

View Full Version : A tip people could be greated with, I hope...

jacob0705
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Truly awesome game, (Assassin's Creed 3).But theres only one thing bothers me. Swinging or just walk on those branches would make them move, creak and drop snow - all of which would give the assassin away. None of the branches seem to move a millimeter which makes them look slightly unrealistic.
Not really a biggie but I love the game, and I hope you could maybe put in that. ;)

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Branches do move slightly when Connor jumps on them in both the Frontier demo and the Boston demo.

This is really weird.

I remember that in the first Ubisoft Conference that I saw, branches did not wobble when Connor jumped on them. I just watched another version of the same conference on youtube upload by Ubisoft itself and unless I am seeing things the branches are actually reacting to Connor jumping on them.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKRWubusKBU
at 38:54, that branch is definitely reacting to Connor, very slight but definitely noticeable.

I am sure there is a thread with the Boston demo video.

jacob0705
06-07-2012, 02:33 PM
True, but like Azurefeatherfly said the branch is moving but very slight, I hoped they could add in some effect with the snow falling or just add a bit more.

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
True, but like Azurefeatherfly said the branch is moving but very slight, I hoped they could add in some effect with the snow falling or just add a bit more.

Lol, Why did you address me using my username? Anyway, they still have more than 4 months to ago and this is only Alpha, so I am sure the final game will certainly be impressive.

jacob0705
06-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Oh never mind I thought... I thought wrong. :P Ye but it is already looking awesome. ^^

lukaszep
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Well this topic is about to get a little bit awkward...

Actually if you look closely in the Frontier and Boston demo, you can see the branches move quite a lot. You might not see it a lot though because of the way the camera moves past the branch when Connor's weight leaves the branch.