PDA

View Full Version : Desmond needs Connor's walking and running animation

AdamXEve
06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I know this is an odd request. But, those animations are vastly superior to Ezio/Altair's respectively; as a matter of fact all of Connor's animations are more organic looking and seem to flow together much nicer than his predecessors.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-06-2012, 10:18 PM
As long as Desmond doesn't have the same goofy clown feet that Connor has then ok, but I wouldn't mind having something unique for Desmond.

Sushiglutton
06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I dunno if they should be exactly the same as they are different characters. But the running animation for Connor is truly amazing, best I've ever seen.

OriginalMiles
06-06-2012, 10:29 PM
How about the keep Desmond's Alty/Ezio movement, but make it more fluid like Connor's?

Acrimonious_Nin
06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
^ grim reaper alert >_>

ToniTorsi
06-06-2012, 10:37 PM
If they put Connor's exact set of Animations on Desmond the uniqueness of Connor's style would diminish him.

How about new Animations for Desmond? If not that then, how hard is it to implement improved, fluid versions of Ezio/Altair so that is a joy to play as Desmond?

Im honestly not a fan of Ubisoft's copy/paste work. They have gotten away with it for too long now.

OriginalMiles
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
^ grim reaper alert >_>
Ha Ha!

Serrachio
06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I actually feel that the jumping and running animations of Connor's look very realistic, but I would rather have Ezio/Altair's animation in the circumstance that Desmond grabs onto a board, like the one on the side of the house in the Boston gameplay demo. The way Connor does it isn't as impressive.

SixKeys
06-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Desmond's movements will be the same as Connor's. They're already using Connor's sprint animation for the multiplayer characters, I don't see why the same wouldn't apply for Desmond.

kriegerdesgottes
06-07-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm pretty sure Desmond's movements will be the same as Connor's. They're already using Connor's sprint animation for the multiplayer characters, I don't see why the same wouldn't apply for Desmond.

Also it appears that Avaline will also have very similar movements and abilities.

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 02:06 AM
If they put Connor's exact set of Animations on Desmond the uniqueness of Connor's style would diminish him.

Bleeding Effect, Desmond will have Connor animations.

Radman500
06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
wouldn't the bleeding effect have desmond adapt to connor's style

TheHumanTowel
06-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah they definitely should give him Connor's animations I hope they don't give him his face. Give us back the AC 1-Brotherhood face we all know and love.

GeneralTrumbo
06-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah they definitely should give him Connor's animations I hope they don't give him his face. Give us back the AC 1-Brotherhood face we all know and love.
I think we should get his face that we saw him with at the very end of Revelations.

ShaneO7K
06-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Would prefer Desmond to keep Altair/Ezio's animations.

TheHumanTowel
06-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I think we should get his face that we saw him with at the very end of Revelations.
This one?
http://www.ubiworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/ubpfattach/desmond_waking_up.png
Come on he looks like Adam Sandler.

Sick_one12
06-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Give us back the AC 1-Brotherhood face we all know and love.

By the love of god this^its okay to graphicaly update Desmonds face,but they entirely removed his characteristical facial features in ACR:(i wouldnt mind Desmond to have his own set of animations either.but in the end I actually dont really care if he has his own,Connors orAltairs/Ezios animations as long as he looks like "Desmond" again:)

AVVSOM3
06-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Since they are using motion capturing, I bet that Nolan North is doing the animations for Desmond. Although the freerunning will be the same as Connor since Desmond is learning that threw the bleeding effect.