PDA

View Full Version : Snow effects on clothes?

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Didn't know where else to post about this. Did anyone else notice that in the demos we've seen, snow doesn't stick to Connor's or the NPCs clothes? In the gameplay trailer we saw the soldier fell on the ground and got snow all over his jacket. Sure, it looked more like white paint than powder, but I didn't think they'd remove that feature completely. In a few screenshots from the new multiplayer, the MP characters had snow on their boots and clothes. Was this something they simply added for aesthetic reasons to make the screenshots and the trailer look better, or can we expect it to appear in the final game as well?

AdamXEve
06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
These types of particle effects are only avaliable on the most high end of PCs at the moment.

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Well, that's no problem for me since I'm a PC player. ;) I'm just wondering why they would specifically show those effects in a gameplay trailer, touting "pre-alpha graphics!" and show it on new MP screenshots if they weren't planning on having those effects appear in the final game.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 10:10 PM
These types of particle effects are only avaliable on the most high end of PCs at the moment.
Absolutely false..

Acrimonious_Nin
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Most likely we can expect something different at the end, but then again maybe the paint stuff will be all that they will have to offer at the current graphics engine capabilities for the consoles, or maybe they will improve on it before they ship it out :D

playassassins1
06-06-2012, 10:24 PM

Can you explain why?

deskpe
06-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Can you explain why?

Dont listen to him, the effects we see aren't nesicarily as new as you'd think.

The snow effect looks basicaly like a white version of the blood effect wich we already have. basicaly jsut a sticker on the characther model.

Besides, I think they might use pre set snow covered clothes textures.. atleast some pre made snow effects they can turn on.

imonthenet
06-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Can't it work like when you go in water in Uncharted? I know that had it's problems, one in particular happened when I stood in a puddle and my entire body became wet, but it was a nice feature which (usually) added another layer of realism. Even if it appeared like blood on Ezio's robes from past games then faded 'twould still be neat

berserker134
06-07-2012, 02:37 AM
probably will apear when it snows :)

SixKeys
06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Can't it work like when you go in water in Uncharted? I know that had it's problems, one in particular happened when I stood in a puddle and my entire body became wet, but it was a nice feature which (usually) added another layer of realism. Even if it appeared like blood on Ezio's robes from past games then faded 'twould still be neat

Or even like when you go into snow in Uncharted. :p I was just playing UC2 the other day and the snow appearing on Drake's clothes reminded me that we didn't see similar effects in the AC3 demo. Even if it's not possible to go for exactly the same level of realism, I would still like it to be there, especially since we saw it in the gameplay trailer. It should stay on Connor's clothes for a while and then slowly fade away the longer he spends on "dry" land.

MetalCreed
06-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Side-question: is frozen rivers still suppose to be in the game? I hope they didn't remove it.

GeneralTrumbo
06-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Side-question: is frozen rivers still suppose to be in the game? I hope they didn't remove it.
I sure hope so. I was really looking forward to that. I don't see why they would remove it. I hope they show some kind of trailer showing off that.

imonthenet
06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I sure hope so. I was really looking forward to that. I don't see why they would remove it. I hope they show some kind of trailer showing off that.

Yeah me too, I'd really like to have another look at the frontier but if they do give us one chances are it won't be winter. Also when I first read aboot those frozen lakes it sounded so cool so I really hope they keep it

Aphex_Tim
06-07-2012, 08:31 AM
The snow on Drake's clothes in Uncharted 2 looked very good, i'm hoping for something similar in AC3.

pacmanate
06-07-2012, 11:23 AM

ahahahahahhHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH A. Thats the best ******** post I have read today.

Anyway, I think the reason the snow didnt stick is once again it was a demo?

Victor9810
06-07-2012, 01:16 PM

I have an Xbox and on Just Cause 2 snow sticks to the player,..

SixKeys
06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Anyway, I think the reason the snow didnt stick is once again it was a demo?

It did in the multiplayer demo, though. Or rather, in the MP there was already snow on the characters all the time, not just as a result of running through snowbanks. In the MP demo the colors were more muted and the characters actually looked really cold since they were covered in snow. I hope we'll see similar effects in the SP eventually.

I'm sure frozen rivers will still be part of the game. In the Frontier demo when Connor slides down the hill, right before he starts climbing up the cliff, the river below looks frozen to me.

MetalCreed
06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 has snow that sticks on to the player.