PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Well what do we have here ? hmm
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2012/06/06/ubisoft-registers-watch-dogs-2-and-assassinss-creed-utopia-domains/

Scystab
06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
looks promising! :D

freddie_1897
06-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Oooooohh, m aren't you sly!

Utopia will probably be a Templar game because utopia is what they want to achieve, so I'd guess that could be a vita game about them trying to establish a new world order in WW2?

Assassins creed 3 rise: could be a novel, DLC or spin off game. Not sure though

blazefp
06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Hmm very interesting indeed, nice find M.

I'm almost sure ACIII: Rise will be a DLC and by the name of it I suppose it won't be short. A rise is something that takes a lot of planning and action. I don't think they'll make it a novel because only the secret crusade had more story than the actual game and it was probably because it was the first ac and they didn't have that much budget or so idk.

About the Utopia Freddie's theory seems logical but we've been surprised before and I'm sure we'll be surprised again so I'll leave this my mind open for now.

lukaszep
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
The word "Rise" has started to pop up on a lot of AC3 advertising. Most notably at the end of the CGI trailer. Maybe it's a viral marketing thing? If it's to do with AC3 i doubt it's a new game anyway, as we already have Liberation and they would have announced it at E3 unless it's the new Project Legacy?

Azugo
06-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Well, Ubisoft have stated that they will not be making a new major iteration in the AC franchise until atleast 2014, after AC3... so surely this 'Rise' will not be a fully-fledged game. Perhaps a short animated film like Embers?

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Possibilities.
"Rise" ------>A Short Film, Comic book(Highly unlikely), Facebook game, DLC.

RzaRecta357
06-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Would be cool to get a Daniel Cross game where you're in the animus from the Templar side learning how to fight like an assassin to get Desmond or something.

OriginalMiles
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Rise = DLC?
Utopia = Comic/Movie short

I hope.

lukaszep
06-06-2012, 04:46 PM
It's strange actually how they've registered any AC domains at all. They've never done this before, keeping all the games on assassinscreed.com
I wonder what they are up to.

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't read too much into registering domain names.. it's a common practice when ideas are being flung about...

They may not all come to pass, but they register anyway - just in case ;)

I personally think we should get ACIII and Watch Dogs out of the way first.. before dreaming of sequels and spin offs ;)

As to the "Rise' reference - I can only say.. keep an eye out ;)

zerocooll21
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Nice Find

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't read too much into registering domain names.. it's a common practice when ideas are being flung about...

They may not all come to pass, but they register anyway - just in case ;)

I personally think we should get ACIII and Watch Dogs out of the way first.. before dreaming of sequels and spin offs ;)

You are a conflicting man..
A very shrewd man..
A very.... polarizing, teasing Individual..

Vex_Assassin
06-06-2012, 05:00 PM

So much tease from you Shade!

MarleyMon81
06-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I know you're on the UK side Shade, but do you know if "rise" has anything to do with ther RISE of a North American CE?:cool:

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I know you're on the UK side Shade, but do you know if "rise" has anything to do with ther RISE of a North American CE?:cool:
I can't say, since it's all hush hush at the moment.

I can try and find out about the CE for you though, but last I heard there was no news :(

MarleyMon81
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks Shade. Even a yes or no if they are even going to offer one at our NA retailers would be helpful.

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
You are a conflicting man..
A very shrewd man..
A very.... polarizing, teasing Individual..
Well I did just find out I have a new Game to manage when we get the forum up and running..

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6931/watchdogsr.png

So I have to get in some practice at being sneaky...

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Well I did just find out I have a new Game to manage when we get the forum up and running..

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6931/watchdogsr.png

So I have to get in some practice at being sneaky...
After seeing that game, I know who I`ll be working for when I graduate;)

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
going off topic for a second..

The game looks awesome - the PC footage was excellent ;)

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks Shade. Even a yes or no if they are even going to offer one at our NA retailers would be helpful.

Just got this from Gabe ;)

'Special/Collector's Edition is coming for North America. We can, however, offer no further details at this time since we're still in the process of finalizing.

In regards to why it is taking us so long to announce what we're going to be offering, there are a couple of factors, one of which is that we know that the setting of AC3 pretty much requires that we deliver a staggeringly amazing Special Edition for North America, so we have been working very hard on meeting that expectation... that said, despite all of our extraordinarily strenuous efforts, it's extremely unlikely that anything resembling an actual Tomahawk will make it into the box. We tried our very best, but rules are rules, hehe.

But an announcement will be coming, in the hopefully very near future... and when it does, please don't hesitate to request a "roll-over" to the Special/Collector's Edition of your choice on your existing pre-order and your retailer should happily comply.'

So spread the news, North America is getting a Special / Collectors edition ;)

blazefp
06-06-2012, 07:06 PM
We tried our very best, but rules are rules, hehe.

What happened to the Everything is permitted?:nonchalance:

lothario-da-be
06-06-2012, 07:07 PM
What happened to the Everything is permitted?:nonchalance:
hahaha made my day man,made my day

lothario-da-be
06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Just got this from Gabe ;)

'Special/Collector's Edition is coming for North America. We can, however, offer no further details at this time since we're still in the process of finalizing.

In regards to why it is taking us so long to announce what we're going to be offering, there are a couple of factors, one of which is that we know that the setting of AC3 pretty much requires that we deliver a staggeringly amazing Special Edition for North America, so we have been working very hard on meeting that expectation... that said, despite all of our extraordinarily strenuous efforts, it's extremely unlikely that anything resembling an actual Tomahawk will make it into the box. We tried our very best, but rules are rules, hehe.

But an announcement will be coming, in the hopefully very near future... and when it does, please don't hesitate to request a "roll-over" to the Special/Collector's Edition of your choice on your existing pre-order and your retailer should happily comply.'

So spread the news, North America is getting a Special / Collectors edition ;)
i hope americans don't get anything we can't get.Italians also didn't got a super mega epic awesome fantastic special edition exclusive to Italy.

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't think Ubisoft has powers over the US Government.. sorry!

pacmanate
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
If anyones wondering about "RISE". Go to youtube, watch the banner at the top until it finishes. The ad finishes with a picture of Connor saying RISE on top of it. Hmmm...

smengler
06-06-2012, 09:16 PM
If anyones wondering about "RISE". Go to youtube, watch the banner at the top until it finishes. The ad finishes with a picture of Connor saying RISE on top of it. Hmmm...It says "RISE" right after the AC3 E3 CGI trailer as well.

EDIT:

To add some fuel to the fire, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Assassins-Creed-Rise/353375384718234. Facebook page created May 13 under "games/toys".

OriginalMiles
06-06-2012, 09:33 PM
It says "RISE" right after the AC3 E3 CGI trailer as well.

EDIT:

To add some fuel to the fire, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Assassins-Creed-Rise/353375384718234. Facebook page created May 13 under "games/toys".
Off Topic: Created on my birthday!
On Topic: WHAT IS IT!!!??? I must know!

smengler
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Off Topic: Created on my birthday!
On Topic: WHAT IS IT!!!??? I must know!

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and wish you happy birthday, but if I did have one, you would have never have made that post (wait, that doesn't make sense). But I have no idea, I guess we'll just have to wait to find out. My guess is that it's going to be some kind of promotion for AC3.

OriginalMiles
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
If I had a time machine, I'd go back and wish you happy birthday, but if I did have one, you would have never have made that post (wait, that doesn't make sense). But I have no idea, I guess we'll just have to wait to find out. My guess is that it's going to be some kind of promotion for AC3.
What if, what if... What if!
It's all a hallucination induced by ubisoft to affect all of us on the forums!

pacmanate
06-07-2012, 11:22 AM
I just commented on their page :P