PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer foot gameplay

mockers0
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Their is a interview with a guy showing a slight preview of gameplay, but this is a pretty long play through by a few players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OrzFp22dlk

Their is no tree's in this but I hope they add tree's to the mutliplayer mix because the climbing looks really awesome and it would be instresting to use the invisible perk. Which I have saw in another video and I can confirm this whether you want to believe me or not, you go invisible for a short amount of time or blend in or have a gloak type like I am not totally sure how it works.

Everything carries over I have heard from single player, like stealth and hiding behind walls even though it's not shown here, obviously people who were playin were newbs. I like how the npc's act though and you yourself. They act natural to the environment and what's going on. At point the player was by a hot steaming pot and you could see his player start putting his hand by the pot and warming up. Whether is conversations with npc trying to blend in or by certin enviroments. The players and npc's make it a much more realistic then just standing around. They play the part whether youll notice this or not.

BTW I messed up the title, it was suppose to be footage. Sorry : [

Serrachio
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Really Ubisoft? Really?

Just go and add the same bland stock animations from ACR into AC3, despite a lot of your community hating that, since ACB characters were fully unique.

Sad.

blazefp
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Really Ubisoft? Really?

Just go and add the same bland stock animations from ACR into AC3, despite a lot of your community hating that, since ACB characters were fully unique.

Sad.

Yeah plus the domination seems to be just like chest capture. Kinda lame, only the chars and maps changed, this isn't supposed to be another CoD in the 18th century :S
If I'm not mistaken I saw poison darts on the bottom left corner. Like if the pistol wasn't enough - more lameness :/

AdamXEve
06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
What did you expect? Connor couldn't be used as a base do to his unique fighting style.

blazefp
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I was expecting a surprise. Instead it's the same MP game as the previous one

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Good thing I don't care much for the Multiplayer:p
I only played Brotherhood`s..

Serrachio
06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
What did you expect? Connor couldn't be used as a base do to his unique fighting style.

It's not that I want them to use Connor's style. It's that they took the animations from ACR's multiplayer and recycled it, which shouldn't have been shared between players in the first place.

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
The weird thing is, they did use Connor's sprint animation. It suits him, but it doesn't suit the MP characters. It's just like in ACR when the MP characters somehow had an "invisible" hookblade like Ezio with no explanation.

This map at least doesn't seem particularly roofy, but Domination still doesn't seem any different from Chest Capture. Still don't like the addition of a third ability slot. The guy with the hook did seem to have his own unique kill move, I hope all the characters will be more distinguishable this time like in Brotherhood.

Edit: Also, "Invisibility"? Really? In ACB, with the exception of Mute, all the abilities were at least somewhat grounded in reality. Now we have stupid fantasy crap like Teleport and Invisibility. I thought the MP was supposed to be a training program for Templars? How the hell do they expect to use these skills outside the training program to capture assassins?

berserker134
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Really Ubisoft? Really?

Sad.

so why play AC3 multiplayer when i could play revelations multiplayer with the same things exept poison darts and invicibility

berserker134
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Good thing I don't care much for the Multiplayer:p
I only played Brotherhood`s..

i'm with you M i focus on single player only. But when im extremly bored and don't want to play revelations storyline again i play multi player :D

RzaRecta357
06-06-2012, 01:37 PM
****. Those cheesy smoke bombers with no skill still exist.

ToniTorsi
06-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow. Just efffin wow Ubisoft.

Whatever team is working on the MP needs to be relocated to another freaking location to dispose of theur unnecessary development skills of recycling talent.

We are playing THE SAME EXACT MP experience from last year.

At least in Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar crafted an amazingly unique Multiplayer with each MP skin having drop dead amazing Animations.

And did I mention they have a Multiplayer mode called "Free Roam" ? Which puts several players on a immersive Open World map to do whatever they desire.

I can't make sense of how FAR behind is Ubisoft Montreal in the Multiplayer front compared to the big guys.

Man, they started off so good. With new engine, new Single Player animations, etc

This is incredibly dissatisfying & disappointing.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Whatever team is working on the MP needs to be relocated to another freaking location to dispose of theur unnecessary development skills of recycling talent.

At least in Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar crafted an amazingly unique Multiplayer with each MP skin having drop dead amazing Animations.

And did I mention they have a Multiplayer mode called "Free Roam" ? Which puts several players on a immersive Open World map to do whatever they desire.

I can't make sense of how FAR behind is Ubisoft Montreal in the Multiplayer front compared to the big guys.

Man, they started off so good. With new engine, new Single Player animations, etc

You might want to re-size your Signature to 500*150, because it`ll be removed..

ToniTorsi
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
To think they trolled us saying there was going to be "an evolution" on the Multiplayer aspect of ACIII.

I can't believe this.

Legendz54
06-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Will probably not play mp on AC3 it just feels too boring and the same as before (just different characters) Really pumped for SP though!

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
****. Those cheesy smoke bombers with no skill still exist.

It could be just me, but it looked like the smoke effects have at least been reduced. The cloud seems to evaporate faster now. I sincerely hope they've massively increased the cooldown on Smoke Bombs. I had kind of hoped they would have replaced it with something else instead (preferably not effin' Invisibility).

What's sad is that Invisibility already exists in ACR. Only there it's called Lag. I get killed by invisible players all the time.

ToniTorsi
06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
@Assassin_M Im at school typing from my phone, I'll do it when I get home.

Right now I feel like bashing my head against the wall. -_-

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
@Assassin_M Im at school typing from my phone, I'll do it when I get home.

Right now I feel like bashing my head against the wall. -_-
Lol OK xD
I`d wait for more if I was you;)
Wait until atleast September, then bash your head all you want:p

ToniTorsi
06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Will probably not play mp on AC3 it just feels too boring and the same as before (just different characters) Really pumped for SP though!

It is literally the same exact rehashed MP from Revelations. Only with different maps/skins and refined/moderated gameplay mechanics. Oh plus New Modes! ........ -_-

I just wanted them to invest effort in new features and find new ways to play instead of "playing it safe".

They should have revamped the whole thing and start with a crazy fun new concept and IMERSIVE experience since...you know...that was the "evolution" I was honestly anticipating.

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
It is literally the same exact rehashed MP from Revelations. Only with different maps/skins and refined/moderated gameplay mechanics. Oh plus New Modes! ........ -_-

I just wanted them to invest effort in new features and find new ways to play instead of "playing it safe".

They should have revamped the whole thing and start with a crazy fun new concept and IMERSIVE experience since...you know...that was the "evolution" I was honestly anticipating.

I agree. I was expecting something, if not entirely new, at least more inventive to fit with the revamped SP. I blame Revelations. Instead of rushing out an unfinished, glitchy mess to the market in one year, they should have saved all the changes that ACR's MP introduced for AC3. At least then it would have felt new and probably would have worked better. Now the MP just feels like an afterthought because it looks so similar to last year's.

BeCk41
06-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Grrrrr... more of these game modes no one plays.... also I see contested kill is still in the game :/

Cpt_Yanni
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I have still my hopes for a co-op. Please Ubisoft bring a co-op mode with free roam next to this dull multiplayer that barely changed since Brotherhood... You've got your two co-op characters (Connor and Aveline).

egriffin09
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm just glad they focused alot into the singleplayer. It seems to be the biggest single player of all the AC games. Don't get me wrong, I play the multiplayer because its different & fun, but I honestly don't care about the multiplayer aspect of Assassins Creed. After I beat brotherhood, I was like " Hey I might as well try the multiplayer since it's in the game." It turned out to be really fun, But by no means is the quality of multiplayer going to stop me from buying AC III (the multiplayer can be the worst one yet, like broken beyond compare and I will still buy AC III) Basically, I only play the multiplayer because its in the game, if they completely removed it, I would not be mad or sad about it one bit. That's just my opinion.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm just glad they focused alot into the singleplayer. It seems to be the biggest single player of all the AC games. Don't get me wrong, I play the multiplayer because its different & fun, but I honestly don't care about the multiplayer aspect of Assassins Creed. After I beat brotherhood, I was like " Hey I might as well try the multiplayer since it's in the game." It turned out to be really fun, But by no means is the quality of multiplayer going to stop me from buying AC III (the multiplayer can be the worst one yet, like broken beyond compare and I will still buy AC III) Basically, I only play the multiplayer because its in the game, if they completely removed it, I would not be mad or sad about it one bit. That's just my opinion.
Mine as well..

DavisP92
06-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I have still my hopes for a co-op. Please Ubisoft bring a co-op mode with free roam next to this dull multiplayer that barely changed since Brotherhood... You've got your two co-op characters (Connor and Aveline).

I'm with you man, I'm really hoping there i a co-op story or some sort of quest thing where you can upgrade your assassin with new weapon and equipment. I'm greatly disappointed with the multiplayer. With all the new things they're doing with the SP, which i love, they aren't doing anything different really with the multiplayer. I'd rather play Co-op over multiplayer any day. Here's to hoping that the final demo they show for e3 will be a co-op demo but i doubt it

Edit: i wish if there isn't Co-op then they would just say, "hey guys, there's no co-op". Oh and they haven't really explained the brotherhood, saw the call in assassin thing in the Marketplace demo but it was a good distraction idea but it glitched :P

Josegtx13
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Just like Brotherhood and Revelations, I'm just going to get all the MP achievements, and then go back to singleplayer.

mukwag
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
That's hot, can't wait to play the multiplayer.

playassassins1
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Ubisoft Montreal is developing Singleplayer. Ubisoft Annecy is developing MultiPlayer, so you can't really blame Montreal for that.

Vex_Assassin
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM

I'm totally with you on this one.

UrDeviant1
06-06-2012, 04:08 PM
That map looks like something out of a fantasy game! Not sure I'm feeling the new HUD, I prefer It minimal. Contested kills are still In (I never really minded them).

Domination definitely reminded me of Chest Capture. The Smoke Bomb looked to last a short time, but then Id expect Crafting to still be In the game to extend the duration.

Using the environment for kills looks pretty cool, like when someone smashed a targets head against a table. Not sure why we need a third ability though?