PDA

View Full Version : AC3 interview, not much new info, but some stuff on enterable buildings

freddie_1897
06-06-2012, 10:17 AM
take a look for yourself:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/interviews/a385152/assassins-creed-3-e3-2012-interview-ubisoft-on-revolutionary-sequel.html

"It was a couple of things. They're not really big interiors, we don't do a lot of them. There are some like you can go into pubs and shops and things like that but we didn't want to go into every house."

theres some other stuff, like i said, not much new info but interesting none the less

blazefp
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
"We really like this idea that there's a lot of movies where someone cuts through someone's living room, it was a good idea from one of the guys on the world team and we just thought, 'F**k it', as a chase breaker when you're being pursued, this idea of cutting through buildings and then losing your pursuers was visually exciting and added a bit of flavour, and stopped the buildings from looking like empty shells"

And this is the kind of reaction I'd like to hear from every game company :D I'm happy now

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 01:18 PM
It's cool that we can now go inside some of the buildings even aside from chasebreakers. I wouldn't like it if all houses were free to explore, it wouldn't be realistic, but pubs and shops sound nice.

berserker134
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
It's cool that we can now go inside some of the buildings even aside from chasebreakers. I wouldn't like it if all houses were free to explore, it wouldn't be realistic, but pubs and shops sound nice.

well in RDR we could enter in every house and t felt realistic so they could'v been realistic in my opinon

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
well in RDR we could enter in every house and t felt realistic so they could'v been realistic in my opinon
Ahhh No..
Not every house was enter-able in RDR..

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Haven't played RDR (I know, still planning to) but how is it realistic for random strangers to enter into people's home without invitation? This is my problem with many RPGs like Skyrim. Most houses are empty and uninteresting anyway and it's weird when no-one seems to care about some random person just entering their house and looting all their stuff.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Haven't played RDR (I know, still planning to) but how is it realistic for random strangers to enter into people's home without invitation? This is my problem with many RPGs like Skyrim. Most houses are empty and uninteresting anyway and it's weird when no-one seems to care about some random person just entering their house and looting all their stuff.
Again, RDR`s houses weren't ALL enter-able..
You only had access to a Town`s Amenities, such as Bars, Shops, Stores, Banks and Cinemas..

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Right, that kind of stuff sounds reasonable. I just don't get why some people keep insisting we should be able to enter ALL buildings at any time. It's not realistic, most of them likely wouldn't be very interesting anyway and the resources could be better used on more important things.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Right, that kind of stuff sounds reasonable. I just don't get why some people keep insisting we should be able to enter ALL buildings at any time. It's not realistic, most of them likely wouldn't be very interesting anyway and the resources could be better used on more important things.
Exactly, I agree with you..
Enterable buildings should be that way for a Purpose.

*opens door* Hey Im Connor..
Okay ?
Mind If I take a look around ?
WTF ? xD

RzaRecta357
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Exactly. I know they said they didn't but I feel like they did use some of Red Deads stuff. Only certain buildings enterable. Everyone in town has a purpose although I'm sure just like RDR there will be randoms just walking and passing through settlements and what not.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Exactly. I know they said they didn't but I feel like they did use some of Red Deads stuff. Only certain buildings enterable. Everyone in town has a purpose although I'm sure just like RDR there will be randoms just walking and passing through settlements and what not.
Realism is not exclusive to Red Dead:p

SixKeys
06-06-2012, 02:18 PM

Some of the stuff they had planned from the start (like including animals) was probably already thought up before RDR came out, but it's perfectly natural for devs to be inspired by other games, movies and whatnot. It's fine as long as it doesn't feel like a direct ripoff.