PDA

View Full Version : The "eagle" references are not gone after all...

VictorAviram123
06-06-2012, 02:47 AM
After searching for little details in the new gameplay clips, I found this:
In the Naval ships gameplay, which I can't wait to play, in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqyHs79Ykxk
in 13:55, you can see in the back of Connor's ship the word Aquila which is, according to Wikipedia, Is a latin word for Eagle.
I'm glad that they did this because it's fun to see those references in the games...
btw, is it just me or the moment where Connor give the old man the deer's meat remind of something in AC1? It's look like the close ups in AC1 when you received or completed a mission... loved that feeling and I hope AC3 will have more of these moments.

rileypoole1234
06-06-2012, 02:53 AM
It indeed is Latin for Eagle.

it's also the name of a constellation with the star Altair in it. Man, that ship gameplay just looks so awesome. Absolutely cannot wait.

VictorAviram123
06-06-2012, 03:03 AM
I think we all agree that it's far more awesome than Den Defense XD

rileypoole1234
06-06-2012, 03:06 AM
I think we all agree that it's far more awesome than Den Defense XD

The fact that it's free roam is also incredible. It'd be awesome even if it wasn't.

VictorAviram123
06-06-2012, 03:11 AM
The fact that it's free roam is also incredible. It'd be awesome even if it wasn't.

wow it's free roam?! I didn't even know that... wow now it's way more awesome! after AC:R I lowered my exceptions but now I can't resist! I need this game!

rileypoole1234
06-06-2012, 03:19 AM
wow it's free roam?! I didn't even know that... wow now it's way more awesome! after AC:R I lowered my exceptions but now I can't resist! I need this game!

Yes. They did an interview earlier that said you can captain your ship whenever you want, and the Caribbean Sea and eastern seaboard of the US is entirely free roam. You can also walk around your ship, man a cannon, go below deck and even climb the masts.

I'm hoping they give us ability to get off the ship and run around on some Caribbean Islands and maybe see some underwater wildlife such as fish, turtles and sharks. That'd be really cool to have all that, but the free roam itself is enough to satisfy me.

Calvarok
06-06-2012, 04:08 AM
That's exactly what I thought about that short scene with the *****er. A cleaner AC1 style mini-cutscene. I was blown away when I realized that the Carribean is a fully fledged new gameplay area. That brings this game up to 4 so far, and definitely reinforces the idea of an epic adventure. I like that Connor has a separate outfit for captaining his ship. I wonder how he gets his crew? Maybe they're all assassins? Or at least affiliated.

rileypoole1234
06-06-2012, 04:15 AM
I wonder how he gets his crew? Maybe they're all assassins? Or at least affiliated.

I kind of like the idea of having a rag tag crew like in POTC. They do seem rather organised though so I bet they're at least affiliated with someone. Maybe there's a sailor's guild or something.

imonthenet
06-06-2012, 05:54 AM
I get the feeling it's almost like recruiting Assassins in Brotherhood and Revelations. I wouldn't really like that but it would be a nod to the old ways. Regardless I don't really mind how we get the crew, as I have faith in Ubisoft's ability to make a great game

freddie_1897
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm still not getting my hopes too high over free roam ships. remember with revelations and them saying we could free roam masyaf? yeah, that's why