PDA

View Full Version : Two minor character tiffs.

RzaRecta357
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Is tiff the right word? Haha, oh well. So, really...I was just a bit upset that Aveline has no hood! The hat is cool and all, but seriously. It's like they couldn't be arsed to create a cool new looking assassin.

I hope she has lots of character!

Also, Conner doesn't seem to have his lip scar. I know they aren't supposed to have the same face anymore but you'd think they'd as least add in the scar. Then again, we've only seen him when he looks to be in his early twenties still.

Man! He's got badass long native hair also!

SixKeys
06-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Is tiff the right word? Haha, oh well. So, really...I was just a bit upset that Aveline has no hood! The hat is cool and all, but seriously. It's like they couldn't be arsed to create a cool new looking assassin.

What are you even talking about? Personally I think Aveline looks much cooler than Connor. The no-hood look is a refreshing change.

I'm also glad Connor doesn't have the scar on his lip. Seriously, not everything from the previous games needs to be imported into each new entry. Ezio's lip scar was just an homage to the first game, it doesn't need to become a trademark.

ProletariatPleb
06-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't care about the scar, but for me, the hood is a must!
Not saying I won't play if it's not there, but it would feel like they're catering to the new fans only or something.

kudos17
06-05-2012, 02:16 PM
The hood thing is actually more characteristic of Desmond's ancestors going forward. In Syria circa 1100 all the assassins in Assassin's Creed wore some form, in Italy not so much, and it looks like Connor is one of few.

I mean, not every assassin has a hood. Mario, Paola, Shaun, Rebecca, Lucy, Clay, etc didn't (and don't). But that's because they work in other ways, usually. Someone like la Volpe and Ezio work in the shadows and out in the field, so they probably like to stay subtle.

The scar tradition just kind of died off, I guess :nonchalance:

RzaRecta357
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM
The hood thing is actually more characteristic of Desmond's ancestors going forward. In Syria circa 1100 all the assassins in Assassin's Creed wore some form, in Italy not so much, and it looks like Connor is one of few.

I mean, not every assassin has a hood. Mario, Paola, Shaun, Rebecca, Lucy, Clay, etc didn't (and don't). But that's because they work in other ways, usually. Someone like la Volpe and Ezio work in the shadows and out in the field, so they probably like to stay subtle.

The scar tradition just kind of died off, I guess :nonchalance:

I never thought of it like that. But I don't know...I guess just since it's a main character thing and i'd of loved to see a badass black woman under the hood.

As for the scar thing, it irks me a bit. I know not everything has to be carried over obviously. Hey, I'm one of the guys that still think AC1 was better than the rest. But I really loved the same walk, same face thing.

Then they changed the face rule which is no big deal, but the scar was still there. I thought that was cool. Now he doesn't get one and just has the walk....and the walk is because they just never changed the animations.

Haha, now that I think of it. They add all kinds of new animations on top of the old ones. Notice when he was "Crouching" on the roof? Totally the animation they use when walking onto a beam to sync up.

SixKeys
06-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Haha, now that I think of it. They add all kinds of new animations on top of the old ones. Notice when he was "Crouching" on the roof? Totally the animation they use when walking onto a beam to sync up.

I noticed that too. I wonder if he does that automatically when he's being stealthy? I always hated how much you stood out on the rooftops, it makes more sense to crouch from a balance point of view too.

RzaRecta357
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Haha, as long as it's not as bad as Dragon Age 2 literally stealing Commander Shepards drinking animations and what not. You can tell with The Last Of Us that a few animations were ripped from Drakes fighting.

rob.davies2014
06-05-2012, 03:29 PM
It's like they couldn't be arsed to create a cool new looking assassin.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120605083718/assassinscreed/images/6/6d/Assassins-creed-liberation-box-art.png
Need I say more?

jmk1999
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM
what? did someone say Aveline? :rolleyes: surely i'm not the only one who thinks this when i hear the name.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/youjik33/aveline1.jpg

RzaRecta357
06-05-2012, 06:34 PM
That's her name I think from the character reveal trailer.

Anyone notice in the character art her hat has a beak. Is it like that in game? I didn't notice.

jmk1999
06-05-2012, 07:07 PM
probably... i doubt they'd just create that design for the cover art and not use it. it's a clever way to integrate the beak design into her clothing without creating a hood. i wish i had a vita... i'm kinda curious about this character.

D.I.D.
06-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I've never thought the hood was that important. It looked great on Altair, and it just about worked as a mode of dress for Ezio too, but I don't want to see the series get stuck with this sartorial straitjacket. It would get in the way of the eras and locations, and it kind of breaks the coherence of the theme to have the hidden assassin dressed in such an eye-catching and suspicious fashion.

Hopefully Aveline can function as a transitional character to wean people off that look. They've adapted her tricorn hat to carry over some of the details from the old hood, but I'd rather they didn't even do that. I'd like to see a unique character design for every character, or even to see them using different clothing for different purposes (as we saw from time to time with Ezio).