PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs gameplay

hamboarger
06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Best game of E3 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA&feature=player_embedded

JackalDog
06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
I just want to know what platforms it's coming to.

erico360
06-05-2012, 01:25 AM
ps3 xbox360 and pc

JackalDog
06-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Thanks

erico360
06-05-2012, 01:32 AM
for anyone who wants proof http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/watch-dogs-announced-for-next-gen-consoles/ joystiq says ubi put it on there press website

Dymez_510
06-05-2012, 02:01 AM
This stole my attention from the whole event, so far. I can't wait to hear the details on this, I hope it comes out by Q1 2013.

jeff2001
06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
This game looks amazing PS3 all the way

Vercun1
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
In Watchdogs I trust....

This game looks like it could revive my faith in the originality of gaming story lines. While it obviously borrows some aspects from other games, who doesn't, and in the end I can see a vibrant future for this game just so long as ubi does its best to deliver it in a timely and fluid manner.

SaltyPenguinMan
06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Meh, it doesn't look all that great and I'm sure the gameplay at E3 was scripted and will be rare to actually find it in the real game. Right now the game is just going through a very bad stage of hype and I think alot of people are going to be let down by what actually comes out when the game is released. Just don't get your hopes up people.

Icolyze
06-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Meh, it doesn't look all that great and I'm sure the gameplay at E3 was scripted and will be rare to actually find it in the real game. Right now the game is just going through a very bad stage of hype and I think alot of people are going to be let down by what actually comes out when the game is released. Just don't get your hopes up people.

Everything on these events were scripted. This however doesn't look hard to reproduce given the amount of things you can hack and how it isn't a linear game (splinter cell). Only thing that bothered me was how much effort they went to animate him putting his hands into his pockets and all his clothing looked great, but then he knocks a door open with his forehead... fix!"

Dymez_510
06-06-2012, 08:06 PM
This worries me, slightly.

As the demo neared its close, however, Watch Dogs revealed its more interesting trick - the on-screen character was being tracked by another player, suggesting Watch Dogs is a multiplayer open world game where everyone can hack everything.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1412553/ubisoft_announces_new_ip_watch_dogs_a_multiplayer_ bourne_identity.html

I read this after hearing that there is a second trailer that has an alternate ending. Instead of panning out to overlooking the city, it zooms into another player standing on a roof top and it seems that he's tracking the other player. Honestly, I'd rather have this as a singleplayer experience. I mean, if there is going to be any type of multiplayer involved in the campaign, I'd prefer a co-op, but I rather would like to go about this journey on my own.

hamboarger
06-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I hope it's not a MP only game

Vozlov-3-0
06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
How does everything look scripted? I'm pretty sure that was a video of in game action. Sure it's not live, but it certainly didn't look scripted.

Personally I can't wait. If you can play the game single player and have people drop into your game to help you out on missions this will be ****ing epic. I'm guessing there is a main character you play as in your game, and people create a multiplayer character to join other peoples SP campaigns. If that's so this is now my main game I'm looking forward to, even more so than GTA. Hoping for a Early 2013 release, although I'm sure they'l push for a christmas release, doubt it'l happen though.

Whilst the shooting mechanics don't look amazing that is by far the least of my worries, I'l of played MUCH worse. All these naysayers imo just seem like spoiled idiots who don't know a good thing when they see it. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

If Ubi can sort out Blacklists story problems they are seriously going to be pulling all the serious punches in the industry from here to 2013. Looks to be their year.

dorchanthings
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi. I just tried this game. Its very interesting & good time pass. Even my sister & brother are also like it.

diwas13
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
The game was played on a PC, if anyone was wondering. And please don't say it wasn't because if you think otherwise you are a)Ignorant b)Don't know the limits of your consoles c)In denial d)Fanboy or e)Plain f!@#%^g stupid. Good day.

Vozlov-3-0
06-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Nobody was wondering. So how about you GTFO with your pathetic need to start a flame war loser.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Please be civil to each other I do not want to have to lock this thread and warn people as there is some very good feedback

Thanks

jo2.kaka
06-07-2012, 02:33 PM
waiting for the game and more announcements on this. Don't want to be negative but i really hope this doesn't fade away like I'm alive

Dymez_510
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Personally I can't wait. If you can play the game single player and have people drop into your game to help you out on missions this will be ****ing epic. I'm guessing there is a main character you play as in your game, and people create a multiplayer character to join other peoples SP campaigns.

I agree with this, completely. If it's a singleplayer game with the change to play the whole campaign in co-op, I'm alllllll over this, and I'll recommend it to all my friends so we can play together. If it's a bunch of individuals in the world who can just hide and take you out, though, I wouldn't be too pleased with that. I would just turn off the option for people to join and play by myself.

R0NI_S
06-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm gonna keep an eye on this. Montreal's studio seems to come up with the best stuff from Ubisoft - always a pleasure to check out their stuff!

SolidSage
06-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Seems like a very ambitious project.
All the data, the free roam over a full city, the gorgeous shoot out (slow mo audio, rescuing dude from the car, rolling over the hood) and then it's what, an interactive sort of co-op game? My game is influenced by or influences yours, or is it a full co-op/multiplayer type scenario?

Either way, that demo blew my mind.

Daedalus_89
06-10-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm digging the originality.
We've been drowning in sequels, reboots and off-shoots...Farcry; Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto V, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Borderlands 2, ANOTHER Tekken game, endless Call of Duty games.
Some of these titles are admittedly awesome, but need I go on?
It's time for some much-needed innovation, and Watchdogs is hopefully going to be the start of a new trend.
You know...creativity.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about this game.

Mrxknown_JG
06-13-2012, 07:53 PM
How does everything look scripted? I'm pretty sure that was a video of in game action. Sure it's not live, but it certainly didn't look scripted.

Given that it's an open world game, the amount of detail to the NPCs and Aiden's movements (hands in pockets, then out again), it seems very scripted.

If it was easy to program AIs to respond to events like a traffic accident with that kind of detail, then it would have been done by other open-world urban-based games.

The fact, that an NPC ran to one of the cars and asked if they were okay, that's pretty simple. Having NPCs like the door man react in a specific way when their phones are turn off is simple, because it could very well be a tutorial. Do this and X will happen.

But having the player be able to pull a guy out of a car while he is worried about the driver that got shot, that's different. Not hard, but not something usually given development time to implement in a full game.

I'm curious to look and see if the shots were directed at the player or if the player ran to where the shots already were being fired (at the driver).

Also, since it was a development team member playing the game, they knew the scenario inside and out, they played the game in a specific way to get specific results. So whose to say if the same thing or similar would happened if I or some random gamer got to play?

We don't know and we cannot determine that until more is revealed.

Mrxknown_JG
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
If that's scripted then what happens if you don't sabotage the traffic lights? You'll have other methods to kill him in a Hitman game style ?

Who knows, we never saw the game explicitly tell Aiden to cause a traffic accident to kill DeMarco. But that situation was used to showcase the combat and the fact that someone was watching Aiden.

I would assume, you could have had a gun fight in the middle of the club as that is what DeMarco was coming to do, right?

Mrxknown_JG
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM
The game looks so real that could almost be mistaken with a movie. Even things like when he jumps on the car and kills the guy, the camera dynamically changes perspective. Is that all really scripted? Hard to believe...

Not necessarily what the player does, but what the non-combative NPCs do. The NPCs that are in the cars, on the sidewalks, the reporter and the camera guy, the people standing in line for the event at the club, those sorts of things seem to be scripted. AI behavior is a very hard thing for game developers to devote time to. Which is way most often in other games, you only fight gang members or police officers. Other NPCs generally just run away.

Those are the things I am talking about. Scripted events like CoD:4's helicopter crash that you have to avoid. Scripted events. Not scripted player actions.

Mrxknown_JG
06-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I thought that's what you meant. Sorry.

I'm not saying the NPCs take on lives of their own. They follow a basic script or instructions, but then once the player introduces these specific and expected events like Traffic accidents and signal jamming, the AI can react in predictable ways. But most often, development resources are not given that much.

So those actions by the people that react to the player's actions like the guard blocking the exit, the NPC that rushed to a damaged car, the passenger and driver (before the driver got shot), and then the player pulling the passenger out and telling him to leave.

That seems possible to have AI act in that way, but traditionally AI haven't been given that much detail or work to do.

So it's possible and not out of reach, I just hope they can deliver on what they showed. Cause it looks great

maxOOOr
06-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I think ubisoft could quite easilly program an NPC to randomly run to a car in an accident, and we will probably see a lot more of this. it's just another script to add to the list. if this game is what it looks like and from what I've heard they shouldn't spare any time and effort into making it completely original.

When car crashed NPC - cowers
faints
runs away
phones ambulance
Runs to accident

obliviondoll
06-22-2012, 06:47 AM
To me, it seems more likely that the NPC AI is a CROWD AI instead of a collection of individual AI scripts, and it assigns a certain number of people in the crowd to different actions based on their proximity to the event.

Technically, almost every game has at least some degree of AI scripting. If they actually react to the player, it's either "player does X, AI does Y" or "Player does X, AI does Y or Z(chosen at random)" type reactions where the AI responds in predictable ways to the player. Galapagos: Mendel's Escape is the only game I know of where the AI is truly capable of learning and adapting dynamically to player interaction (or lack thereof). It was made in the 90s, and only had one AI character who you had to teach and guide through the game world. Games don't do things like that very often, because good scripting isn't significantly less immersive, and it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to create.

memoonamike
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Can pc support this game?

JBanton
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
This was in my opinion the best game of E3, watching the gameplay also it seems that there has been a good attention to detail with regards to the vehicles. I'm impressed.

SiriusXAim
06-30-2012, 11:22 AM
The great news is I got family in Chicago. I'll be there in 2 weeks. That'll be fun to compare Watch Dogs with the real city....

naked_zombie
09-09-2012, 11:26 AM

What does look great to you and why?

strifecross
10-23-2012, 09:06 PM
What does look great to you and why?

Can't you take criticism? First off, we didn't see anything of the game, just a short demo. We don't know how well it will be paced, what amounts of depth it will have and so on so forth, but if that's the most impressive they can put out, then it's really not all that good.

The most impressive things weren't the gameplay, which is not a good sign.

Kiro_2012
10-30-2012, 06:27 PM
(about video of game ...)

Physics of weapons, explosions and damages ...
as well physical of cars - looks very primitive ...

Why ubisoft can't use Physics-x from n-vidia for games ?

Why you need to invent the wheel ?
:rolleyes:

For comparison, look at the mafia-2 ...

__

Kiro_2012
11-01-2012, 08:32 PM
It is also necessary to add the marks of bullets,
on the body of main hero - as in Max-p 3.

hasnain242
11-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Physics of weapons, explosions and damages ...
as well physical of cars - looks very primitive ...
:D
Why ubisoft can't use Physics-x from n-vidia for games ?
Why you need to invent the wheel ? :D

For comparison, look at the mafia-2 ... ;) :D :D :D :D :D