PDA

View Full Version : Watch dogs community challenge.

erico360
06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
http://dotconnexion.ubi.com/ by scanning the qr code in the trailer on e3.
Could this be a community challenge just like splinter cell??

erico360
06-07-2012, 11:58 AM
100 views nobody cares :(

Biggs39
06-09-2012, 08:33 PM
i care this looks cool

Vercun1
06-13-2012, 04:06 AM
The site is certainly a cool viral advertising tool. Pretty creative on Ubi's part

Mrxknown_JG
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I sent an email, so far if this is an ARG, it's slow going. Of course, with the game not releasing until next year, then I doubt this will start up soon.

But it would have been nice for these mini-ARGs to start up and reveal bits of info that don't tie to anything majorly important that Ubisoft might change later.

cowboy3339
06-14-2012, 02:28 PM
total newb question here but whats a ARG?

as well does anyone think this site might allow for early access to the beta if you "send" for early notification for "tickets"

Mrxknown_JG
06-14-2012, 06:07 PM
total newb question here but whats a ARG?

as well does anyone think this site might allow for early access to the beta if you "send" for early notification for "tickets"

Alternate Reality Game. Look it up on wikipedia. Some ARGs give out prizes, I got Batman: Arkham Aslyum Collector's Edition from that ARG. But I only got it after the game came out so it was kinda moot since I didn't know I won until afterward.

While other ARGs like some that Bungie used for their Halo games just revolve around background information for the story.

So don't give your hopes up, we are not even sure this is a game. And we won't find out until I'm guess sometime next year.

cowboy3339
06-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Alternate Reality Game. Look it up on wikipedia. Some ARGs give out prizes, I got Batman: Arkham Aslyum Collector's Edition from that ARG. But I only got it after the game came out so it was kinda moot since I didn't know I won until afterward.

While other ARGs like some that Bungie used for their Halo games just revolve around background information for the story.

So don't give your hopes up, we are not even sure this is a game. And we won't find out until I'm guess sometime next year.

Thanks wont get my hopes up just want to learn more bout the game etc

erico360
06-29-2012, 12:43 AM
ok got an email anybody know next step?
did anyone replied?

Mrxknown_JG
06-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Only for the batches of emails. Email addresses starting with L's and M's were the first batches to be sent via the BCC field and there after. So my address wasn't showed :)

Still, the people being interviewed on the website do not show anything when searched online. And the gallery is not closed. So doesn't seem to be anything left to do.

I'm thinking it was just a way to get people's attention from time to time to remind them of the game.

erico360
06-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Only for the batches of emails. Email addresses starting with L's and M's were the first batches to be sent via the BCC field and there after. So my address wasn't showed :)

Still, the people being interviewed on the website do not show anything when searched online. And the gallery is not closed. So doesn't seem to be anything left to do.

I'm thinking it was just a way to get people's attention from time to time to remind them of the game.

they went pritty far with an arg for splinter ceel conviction. I mean really far

DerQxSF
06-30-2012, 06:24 PM
This issue or mistake is just suspiciously too related to the game's own central theme to be completely ignore or labeled as a mistake. People freaked out about security issues because of leaked information. A connection was created amongst people that wasn't planned by the rules of the system. Some liked it and others said they were pissed because their gmail accounts got a security notice.

Also, it's a fictive art exhibition that took care of sending these e-mails to the real world. This is once again exactly how ARGs can be setup. When something fictional dictates you to go do something in the real world. Only problem here, this didn't dictate much. Instead, it created chaos. Are we having an ARG? If so, it's incredibly slow to start and we so far don't have any leads. Besides that hint from a fake or real joseph de marco email saying Aiden is coming (Main character from the demo). Once again, this could make for an interesting ARG narrative. The hacker(s) who managed to kill DeMarco got access to the list of mails from the attendees of the exhibition.

In any case, this could also just end up being a ploy to market the game or generate some buzz about it. This was discussed on big sites like IGN/Kotaku and it's free publicity. Maybe not the safest one,but publicity nonetheless. But ARGs are publicity themselves. Portal 2's ARG was meant to advertise the game, the Trials HD riddle was revealed as the second trials game was released. The bees ARG was linked to Halo 2.

The only thing that so far is a backup argument as to why this isn't an ARG is that there is no progress yet being made.

Mrxknown_JG
07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I got an emailed recently saying Ubisoft had cleared my email (if though it wasn't exposed) from their mailing list. And asking if we still wanted to get updates on Watchdogs to sign up on the official site.