PDA

View Full Version : Splinter cell "black list" rumor

SCAgent95
05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/is-splinter-cell-6-called-black-list
Its is a rumor so dont get your hopes up,but i hope there will be a pc version because its not listed there.

DerSeeBaer
05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
apparently the article was here too:

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/05/30/splinter-cell-black-list-coming-to-360-ps3-and-wii-u/

however, its deleted too, but it also said "coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U", which makes me worried since I want to play it on Pc.

On the other hand, every major title by ubisoft has been / will be released on pc (IE ghost recon future soldier)

SCAgent95
05-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah since i only have a pc and i am a big sc fan,i hope that there will be a pc version (that is going to be delayed).
anyway i think we should just wait for E3 if we are going to see more solid info.

DerSeeBaer
05-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah since i only have a pc and i am a big sc fan,i hope that there will be a pc version (that is going to be delayed).
anyway i think we should just wait for E3 if we are going to see more solid info.

Well..kinda... at E3 2009, Ubisoft only said that Conviction was "Xbox 360 exclusive", however we almost immediately got a confirmation on the forums that it will also be released on PC

codenameeric
05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
If that is true, my interest in Splinter Cell is pretty much dead. The last thing I want is Sam going around seeking vengeance. That was what Conviction was supposed to be about. He had his temper tantrum. It's over. They should get back to spying and such. If this rumour is true, so much for 'root themes.'

hastings84
05-30-2012, 11:08 PM
If that is true, my interest in Splinter Cell is pretty much dead. The last thing I want is Sam going around seeking vengeance. That was what Conviction was supposed to be about. He had his temper tantrum. It's over. They should get back to spying and such. If this rumour is true, so much for 'root themes.'

The way I take "black list" is the opposite - SAM is ON a black list... Megiddo's probably. And since they control Hong Kong, Moscow, and any other city that matters - or however the line went - It would be them trying to take out Sam Fisher. I could be totally wrong, and I won't "argue" this one with anybody. Although I think "Sam seeking vengance" isn't the way it will be.... Who else does he have to kill to make himself feel good? I think it could be a government or CIA blacklist - and they'd like to use Sam to uncover people or whatever on that list.... I think it's completely reasonable, and not at all very different from legacy titles... Quick frankly - it excites me more than Conviction did.

I refuse to jump to any conclusions though.... I basically want to disregard this entire post!

shobhit7777777
05-30-2012, 11:17 PM
“plot will be based on his enemies targeted as Blacklist.”

No cause for panic folks

It doesn't mean a tale of vengeance...its basically what we ALL wanted.

Sam back in the sneaking suit, working with 3E and dismantling Meggido...one target at a time. A focus on assassinations and HVT capture....echoing the Fifth Freedom in all ops (Main theme)

Thats what I think...could be absolutely wrong...but I hope I'm right.

Dieinthedark
05-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey there Batman, you're probably right lol

sameer_monier
05-30-2012, 11:59 PM
No cause for panic folks

Sam back in the sneaking suit, working with 3E and dismantling Meggido...one target at a time. A focus on assassinations and HVT capture....echoing the Fifth Freedom in all ops (Main theme)

you are Batman you are always right

Hey there Batman, you're probably right lol
+1

Rea1SamF1sher
05-31-2012, 12:43 AM
No cause for panic folks

But Blacklist also means killing and we know you don't necessarily kill those guys like they did it with Reed (which was pretty stupid), because you will need information from them. Killing is not a solution but the name suggests so.

Dieinthedark
05-31-2012, 12:57 AM
That is also a possibility. I kinda want to not be on here til the announcement and just let my imagination run wild ;)

randomspoo
05-31-2012, 03:41 AM
I think Shobhit is right. Blacklist sounds like taking out high priority targets one at a time. I hope the 5th freedom is the main theme, now THAT is Splinter Cell. If this is true I will be very happy. This game should be much more focused compared to Conviction which changed direction and scrapped most of what they had started. This game should be a huge improvement and a saving grace for the franchise. I mean all they have to do is sift through the message boards here for like 3 hours to know how to make a Splinter Cell game the fans want. Im sure they have done that. If they can deliver the goods on this game it will be very profitable to them I think. I hope they have SvM but mostly I just hope they nail the single player and co-op. Convictions single player was so terrible they cant possibly do any worse than that. Clearly the co-op was much more well received as well as D-ops, im sure they have crafted SC6 SP to be more like them.

EvilSpark1
05-31-2012, 04:42 AM
The mainreassureme thatwill be on pc?

SolidSage
05-31-2012, 05:44 AM
Did I hear Sam's hair is all black now, not a sign of grey?

I tell you what, I am perfectly cool with pretending that I know nothing about Sam getting old and Ubi just rewinding his biological clock and NOT EXPLAINING IT AT ALL! Screw it, there's been plenty of back and forth with the story, how about just this once we let em pull a mulligan and we not say shiz about it at all?

Who's with me? Viva Sam!

Anybody (newbies) asks, the official word is "nope, dunno what you're talking aboot." Or "no habla Anglais", and if they get smart and give you the "Habla Espanol?" you change up right quick and give em "Non. Parlez vous Francais?".......if they push it and give you a "Oui, ou'ere La Sam Fishers grey tete?" you can just go ahead and kill em. ;)

SCAgent95
05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
I hope that the game will have "ghost stealth" also as you guys said that the black list will be a list with targets fisher has to take down and kill.
i hope we will see gameplay at e3

SCAgent95
05-31-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38334357&postcount=1
original post link works now

BoBwUzHeRe1138
05-31-2012, 08:16 AM
I am actually getting excited for this...which could be even worse because I may be even more disappointed if it just seems like SCC with moving bodies. If they even did that. God forbid an SCC2...I'd cry. But the name is so much better than "Retribution"...seriously...Conviction, Retribution? Those are like the most generic and lame sequel titles ever. Blacklist or Black List...whatever. Sounds so much better and much more like an old SC game. SCBL.

Also look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacklist

So there are plenty of options for this. Based on him being back with the agency and all that, I believe it'll be less about revenge and more about Fifth Freedom. Based on the name, it could be 3E's black list of Megiddo and you, as Sam, travelling the world and having to take out various leaders associated with it. I wouldn't mind the brutal interrogations put back in (despite them not being the most beast, realistic way of interrogating someone) for the higher up leaders but only if they include traditional legacy style interrogations that are chalk full of funniness. "Are you going to say monkey?" - CT

I also wouldn't mind if it's a different group entirely and they just forget about SCC. Bring Lambert back for all I care. Make SCC a "what if?" story. I doubt that'll happen but I'll miss Lambert. I guess they could use this as an opportunity for Sam to be a bit cold to the new director who's in his ear now. Either way, Grim should go back to her old, playful demeanor. Same with Sam, especially now that he has NO FREAKING REASON TO BE PISSED ANYMORE. His daughter is alive. So he can go back. And he'd need to. Same with Grim. When you're in that line of work, you need a coping mechanism. Sam could die at any second and Grim could pretty much WATCH Sam die. It's like how cops will sometimes joke around at murder scenes -- it seems insensitive but they have to.

But yeah, the name could also suggest that rather than 3E having a black list of Megiddo's people and operations, it could be Megiddo itself (or whatever bad guys if they opt to ignore megiddo for some reason) having Operation: Black List or just a black list (not necessarily named as such) and you have to stop them. Maybe the president was ON their black list in SCC...?

Those seem like the 2 likeliest ideas for that name. If the name isn't black list and is, in fact, Retribution like we originally thought/heard...THAT could easily just be SCC2 which will be extremely f**kin stupid. The name alone is even worse than SCC. What is he getting retribution on? His NOT DEAD daughter? Lambert? WHICH HE ALREADY DID BY STOPPING REED? It just makes no sense for him to be exacting personal revenge again.

Rea1SamF1sher
05-31-2012, 08:34 AM
I think Shobhit is right. Blacklist sounds like taking out high priority targets one at a time. I hope the 5th freedom is the main theme, now THAT is Splinter Cell. If this is true I will be very happy. This game should be much more focused compared to Conviction which changed direction and scrapped most of what they had started. This game should be a huge improvement and a saving grace for the franchise. I mean all they have to do is sift through the message boards here for like 3 hours to know how to make a Splinter Cell game the fans want. Im sure they have done that. If they can deliver the goods on this game it will be very profitable to them I think. I hope they have SvM but mostly I just hope they nail the single player and co-op. Convictions single player was so terrible they cant possibly do any worse than that. Clearly the co-op was much more well received as well as D-ops, im sure they have crafted SC6 SP to be more like them.
I hope so. According to the comments a lot of people agree that Conviction is a great game but they would like to see SC6 going back to it's roots.

mortpenguin
05-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Besides returning to the classic stealth gameplay that we've all asked from the developers after Conviction, I also hope that Sam's movement will be much more realistic i.e slowed down and not that 'I'm on crack' speed, especially when he was climbing or shimmying along the edge. Even Assassin's Creed had a reasonable movement pace!

Just a random thought, if there were to be a teaser trailer at E3, AND if the developers had heard us, I'm guessing the trailer would end with Sam switching on his tri-focal goggles at the end :D

sameer_monier
05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
But Blacklist also means killing and we know you don't necessarily kill those guys like they did it with Reed (which was pretty stupid), because you will need information from them. Killing is not a solution but the name suggests so.
well I don't know about Black List being only a Kill List, but if you think about it, it seems that 3rd Echelon already done their research, and marked the higher ups of Megiddo, and since they are most likely high officials, the best move to do is to take them out, cause imprisoning them may be useless, they can find a way out with their leverage, and maybe before you kill one of them you will get info regarding the other, or the whole Megiddo situation, but it seems you will have to get rid off them eventually, which seems the right move to do IMO.

Did I hear Sam's hair is all black now, not a sign of grey?

I tell you what, I am perfectly cool with pretending that I know nothing about Sam getting old and Ubi just rewinding his biological clock and NOT EXPLAINING IT AT ALL! Screw it, there's been plenty of back and forth with the story, how about just this once we let em pull a mulligan and we not say shiz about it at all?

Who's with me? Viva Sam!

Anybody (newbies) asks, the official word is "nope, dunno what you're talking aboot." Or "no habla Anglais", and if they get smart and give you the "Habla Espanol?" you change up right quick and give em "Non. Parlez vous Francais?".......if they push it and give you a "Oui, ou'ere La Sam Fishers grey tete?" you can just go ahead and kill em. ;)
Solid here is the thing, Sarah didn't like how her father looked so old after SCC, so she told him he need to dye his hair, he refused, but she insisted, back and forth, and Sarah did it, she dyed her father's hair, so he look a little bit younger, yet he is embarrassed about it, since Vic joked about him looking so young and fresh when he saw him.

As for all the different languages you used, ارحم أهلى يا عم من كل العك و اللك ده

Knot3D
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
At least something this E3. Teaser description sounds good and Blacklisist doesn't necessarily means kill list to me, imo. But yeah... we'll see.

reddragonhrcro
05-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Solid here is the thing, Sarah didn't like how her father looked so old after SCC, so she told him he need to dye his hair, he refused, but she insisted, back and forth, and Sarah did it, she dyed her father's hair, so he look a little bit younger, yet he is embarrassed about it, since Vic joked about him looking so young and fresh when he saw him

She did it while he was sleeping.:rolleyes:

hastings84
05-31-2012, 12:07 PM
As for all the different languages you used, ارحم أهلى يا عم من كل العك و اللك ده

http://i49.tinypic.com/1g3spw.jpg

It seems like those leaked BlueSky images show the same Sam model, as seen in Conviction... Doesn't it? I doubt development this close together, by the same core team, would mean redesigning Fisher. But who knows. I like the SCC model, so I will not complain. If he DOES have black hair - I don't think I'll care, either. There is a thread around here somewhere that compares Sam over the course of all games, and he seems to look different in all, anyway.

Black hair is just more stealthy.

The_5_Freedoms
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM

It seems like those leaked BlueSky images show the same Sam model, as seen in Conviction... Doesn't it? I doubt development this close together, by the same core team, would mean redesigning Fisher. But who knows. I like the SCC model, so I will not complain. If he DOES have black hair - I don't think I'll care, either. There is a thread around here somewhere that compares Sam over the course of all games, and he seems to look different in all, anyway.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/The_Fifth_Freedom/Evolution_of_Sam_Fisher_by_LidiaForza.jpg

If you compare original Sam and Sam from Pandora Tomorrow side-by-side, you can see very little difference. That might be what's happening.

Sam shouldn't dye his hair. It's fine the way it is (graying-brown).

sameer_monier
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/nezyr.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/nezyr)

If you compare original Sam and Sam from Pandora Tomorrow side-by-side, you can see very little difference. That might be what's happening.

Sam shouldn't dye his hair. It's fine the way it is (graying-brown).
As already explained he didn't, and Red even know how it was done :d

She did it while he was sleeping.:rolleyes:

That image exactly describe the words I just said LOL
Yup, he will be the same model, & I too actually like this design the best, he looks just awesome.
I also think we missed nothing, it seems the promo image he saw was the same one we saw ages ago, the image that was leaked by the sound studio.

Rea1SamF1sher
05-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I think the black hairs mean the comeback to the old Sam. Maybe a sign of SCCT's Sam coming back because he had black hair there too.
After all it wouldn't be that unrealistic. After all Jackie Chan still has black hairs in his late fifties.

The_5_Freedoms
05-31-2012, 01:45 PM
I thought his hair was brown.

SolidSage
05-31-2012, 05:59 PM

I'm no language expert but that looks like you just did a bunch of squiggly lines with a pencil! ;) jk

Sam's gonna go and kill somebody.....and he's going to be in a sneaking suit with a dye job and some botox!! Honestly, I'm excited about who the new characters are going to be. I'm fully expecting a return of co-op so what's in store for us on that side of things?

sameer_monier
05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
^^ LOL at your Sig.

Jazz117Volkov
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm with Shobhit on what the Black List is--got me allz excited.

As for Fisher's black hair... no idea.
Seams odd though, he was pretty much all grey in PT... maybe he's gone and got himself a Shepard style slick job (Double Agent) God forbid, but crazier things have been done.
Anyway, will be cool to see!

sameer_monier
05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
what if Black List is actually a prequel ?!, I mean we have no confirmation whatsoever that SC6 is a sequel, well aside from the number that is.
yet imagine if we are playing a Young Version of Sam, and the whole Megiddo thing is delayed till SC7 on Next Gen.
Imagine Anna back at a Tech expert, Lambert back, 3rd E back, ..........etc
How would you feel ?!

Jazz117Volkov
06-01-2012, 12:24 AM
^ dunno really. I want to go forwards--see what happens next.

Maybe Fisher is sporting his crewcut thingy from Chaos Theory again? ...that was all-black IIRC

sameer_monier
06-01-2012, 12:50 AM
I want to go forward too, but the whole description of Sam being younger (all black hair) doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe you are right, maybe the developers are trying to bring as much of old Sam as possible, though I will find it really wired if Sam's look is yet again changed too much, for GOD's sake keep it the same for 2 games for once.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-01-2012, 01:20 AM
I had my thoughts that it could be a sequel. Seeing as they semi-retconned him being a part of 3E since the 90s as opposed to the 00s.

They could set it before even Nikoladze. That'd be weird IMO because, to me, 3E was established in the early 00's as originally intended in order to combat the new wave of information warfare and the rise of computers. They obviously do more but it was covert ops and almost reverse hacking the enemies yknow? Grim would hack them and all that. In the 90s, computers were kinda ****. I mean hacking isn't new to the 2000s byany means -- look at the film Hackers or GoldenEye but it wasn't truly widespread yknow? Anyone have links to global terrorism/mass hacking from the 90s? Look what happened with Pirate Bay or Sony. Wikileaks, etc. I was young in the 90s but I feel like it's a new(er) thing. *shrug*

They could also set it in between any of the past games. I wouldn't mind if it replaced the story and it's going off of DA. Won't happen -- or highly unlikely-- but yeah. E3 just needs to get here so we can either know how it's going to be either based on gameplay or the feel of the trailer (i.e. if they show him being a stealthy agent or a gunslinging maniac) OR be disappointed with them showing us jacksquat. I will rage on everything if they show zip.

sameer_monier
06-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I actually got another idea, maybe it's both ?!, a sequel and a prequel, you know that flash backs missions were 1/4 of SCC, so maybe they did that again with SC6 and now we have both old and young Sam, I remember NG4 (a member here for those who don't know) saying that he read that Shetland's PMC was turned into Black Arrow, so maybe the developers are connecting stuff from Post-CT with Post-C

mortpenguin
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
^ I actually loved the name of Shetland's PMC, Displace International. But of course after the events in Chaos Theory, it had to undergo a re-branding if it was to not cease to exist. Is it true however that Black Arrow is indeed Displace, like how Xe is Blackwater IRL.

sameer_monier
06-01-2012, 05:59 PM
^^ I liked the soldiers oo, looked cool to me, them and the JSDF

2 days to go, and we will know for sure what the hell is SC:BL all about.

Jazz117Volkov
06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Dang, I'm going away for a few days on Monday.
I'm gonna miss all the live stuff most probably... T_T

sameer_monier
06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
you kidding !!!, you can't miss that.

SCAgent95
06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
NOOOOO, now im going to watch the live feed twice just for you :rolleyes:
Also did anyone watch the new hitman absolution gameplay hands on? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9_pal859keA
my doubts for this game are gone.DAY ONE BUY

sameer_monier
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
^^ Check out This Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/276920-Stealth-Games-Report-2011-2012-Forums/page43)

Jazz117Volkov
06-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Well I got an old Laptop floating 'round here somewhere, and the hotel has internet, so maybe I'll take that and see if I can find some time.
Probably not a bad spot to do a little writing too. Yeah, I'll be here and watching, or wait till I get back. Either way, I'm sure it'll be EPIC and I'll see it eventually.

SolidSage
06-01-2012, 07:59 PM
@Jazz
Are you secretly Jade Raymond? (going away for a few days right around E3). If so I apologize for ever disagreeing with you....if not......have a nice trip. :)

S.V.
06-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Can't wait for Sam Fisher new return!!!!

Jazz117Volkov
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
@ Sage
haha, nah man, unfortunately if I even met Jade (http://www.radio-canada.ca/television/tout_le_monde_en_parle/images/maj/emis_2007-2008/ph_inv_20071118_jade_raymond.jpg), I'd be like this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Gohan_Egret/imgmacros/snakehappy.jpg).

And thanks, I will.
Go hang out at the beach... watch The Avengers again... all good stuff.

SCAgent95
06-01-2012, 10:27 PM
^^ Check out This Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/276920-Stealth-Games-Report-2011-2012-Forums/page43)
Oops didnt see that.So what were your impressions on demo?I am certainly exited about the game more than before.
As long as there are no assassin nuns ;)

sameer_monier
06-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Oops didnt see that.So what were your impressions on demo?I am certainly exited about the game more than before.
As long as there are no assassin nuns ;)
Totally loved it, having around 4 or 5 ways to kill someone is just amazing, and add a tremendous replay value.
Hitman Absolution is one of the biggest stealth games I am waiting for, in addition to Dishonored and Assassin's Creed III
This year I am really ruined when it comes to money LOL

sameer_monier
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't remember where exactly where we talking about Sam's new look, but anyway I think in SCCT Sam should have looked like this

http://attachments.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1197558&stc=1&d=1301003257

I think this image really shows how Sam looks, and he even resemble the cutscenes Sam in every SC title, also I think SCC Sam looks like an older version of this image, which is another reason why I think that is how Sam should always look like.

I am interested to see how Sam looks in the new SCBL title, but honestly I really hope they stay true to this one
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/splinter_cell_6.jpg

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I liked the way Sam looked in CT. I think Sam has always looked a little different from game to game but that can MOSTLY be chalked up to better graphics and new tech being available.

The first two games he actually looked pretty similar, still a little different. CT had greatly improved graphics and so he looked a lot different. Same when DA came out, the leap to the 360 made him look different. But they all had certain defining features and in SCC he just looked like a different man alltogether. Or at most, a RELATIVE of Sam's, not Sam himself.

My favorite faces for Sam in order are: DA, SAR, CT, PT, and I don't even like SCC's look so....

I hope they change his look again but to be closer to DA's look...only with hair this time haha.

whiskeybuffalo
02-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Interesting, when will it be released?