PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed multiplayer/co-op.

mockers0
05-30-2012, 05:25 AM
--------MULTIPLAYER--------

We have exceptions for multiplayer but I think we can expect to see alot of the same with some improvements and maybe some minor new gameplay mechanics.

-Frontier maps

Everything we know has been in the city but what about frontier maps? This would take a new approach and loadout considering their will be no people. Maybe new abilities and clothes and blending in mechanics. Like say if their is a ruff I can blend in or snow I can blend in it making it more of a stealth game. Hiding in the tree tops, maybe even setting traps. Being seen is obviously not what you want.

-Combat

I love the stealth kills but I am wondering everyone's thoughts on combat. My only thought about this is maybe a mode where the bow n arrow is implemented as a weapon as a primarery weapon.

-GAME MODES-

I think adding different game modes can make this diverse,

-Racing game mode-

This would be the generic horse race and the ungeneric free running race mode. The free running game mode would put players against eachother in similarity with the unground free running dungeons we seen in brotherhood and revaltions. Except the twist of this is that it would have alternate routes to success and falling and things cracking and busting would slow you down.

------------Co-op------------------

Co-op should be a free roam awesomeness, maybe implementing campaign co-op mode as well. As fun as co-op free roam would be eventually were going to get to the point of well their is no purpose or nothing to do. Co-op activties should be added to this world perhaps instead of a co-op campign make it like this.

Co-op free roam with activities, such as take on dynamic missions together in co-op if you choose to do so. Examples would be like take out a hideout but you need to use cooperation to succeed how they would implement this is beyond me. Certin moutatin climbing to a destiation mission, you must use co-op team work to climb and etc etc

The possabilties are endless

Player competion creating out of no where

Let me explain, you and your buddies are running around the frontier together and one of your buddies*Or party leader* decides to set up a target or a in game marker on a tree and whoever can shoot their bow closet to the bulleyes wins a bet or whatever. You can see who wins the challenge and blah blah. Setting stuff up like this would be dynamic and cool.

MetalCreed
05-30-2012, 06:57 AM
This reminds me, I hope Ubisoft confirms Co-op and shows some sort of co-op gameplay during E3.
But yeah, there's lots of ideas for co-op and multiplayer.

loomer979
05-30-2012, 07:13 AM
I think the co-op listing and stuff was just a mistake. I'm not expecting it in the final game.

ace3001
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
I can't find a link to where it was mentioned, sadly, but coop was confirmed to be NOT in the game. The coop listing for the Xbox version was an error.

Mr_Shade
05-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Indeed.

Co-op was never in the game.

Xbox listed it in error..

News sites reported the game had co-op even though they never bothered to check with Ubisoft..

Xbox removed listing...

News sites reported it was a leak...

People get carried away and start posting....

It was an error and won't be in The final game!

OriginalMiles
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Indeed.

News sites reported the game had co-op even though they never bothered to check with Ubisoft..

Xbox removed listing...

Yay... I never thought Co-op was a good idea for AC3.

smengler
05-31-2012, 01:32 AM
NO! I didn't know this. I was hoping/looking forward to co-op. Oh well...

rileypoole1234
05-31-2012, 02:01 AM
NO! I didn't know this. I was hoping/looking forward to co-op. Oh well...

I honestly don't think it would have been very good anyway. The story or any missions should always be single player only for AC.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-31-2012, 02:58 AM
Could you imagine getting your poison kills intercepted by your (oh so very considerate team mate) partner ? How annoying that would be lol...>_>

Lass4r
05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Indeed.

Xbox removed listing...

Are you confirming that Co-Op will NOT be in the game right now, or are you just saying that there is no official word that it will be?