PDA

View Full Version : And what if i don't want to be washingtons friend?

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Why would I want to be george washingtons friend? Why cant I be King George's friend instead . I see this is just another biased bull**** hollywood fantasy game . Killing british soldiers ... forget it. You don't see american soldiers being killed do you ?

Why doesn't the game show the french saving americas ***? Without the french there would be no america .

If your gona make a game about this time period then at least give the players a choice on who they want to be allied with.

I for one will not be buying this game :)

EscoBlades
05-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Good riddance.

SaintPerkele
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh, so you already played the game and know exactly what happens? You know for a fact, that you are fighting for the Colonialists against the Redcoats, despite the producers having said that you will be in the middle, killing Templars on both sides?

The answer is: No. You know nothing about the game and it's far too early to say what you just said. Judge the game after having played it. All you've seen so far are a couple of screenshots and a gameplay trailer. You're just making stupid assumptions.

Also, AC is not an RPG. In none of the games could you choose who you'd ally with and who you'd kill. What if I love the Catholic Church and didn't want to kill the pope? What if I think that the Medici were cruel people and didn't want to ally with them? What if I think that the Byzantines deserved their empire and didn't want to help the Ottomans? Well, it's easy. It doesn't matter. Because AC has a storyline which you have to follow. Making decisions would mess up the whole concept of the game.

Marky2388
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
We can't help with being allies with someone if the game tells us to. Being british myself yeh, it's a touchy subject for everyone involved in this time period but it's only a game.
I'll be killing British red coats only when i have to, I.E if we have to assassinate someone.

FilipinoNinja67
05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Was I the only one that saw in the first reveal trailer of AC3 the Americans getting mauled as soon as they charged?

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Look at the screenshots and trailors what kind of marketing is that? If it was both sides it would be more acceptable.

All this crap about this game not going to be biased , I do know for a fact you have to be allied to washington, case closed

Adding choice would make the series much better rather than being forced to do things someone else's way

Dralight
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh look, another one of these "why do we have to kill the british?!" threads. Have you played Assassin's Creed before? You don't get to choose who you side with or who you kill, you're reliving an ancestors memories. Connor buddies up with Washington, because he shares some of his goals, and it will likely also be out of convenience. This doesn't mean he's on the Colonists side, he's an Assassin, not a soldier.
The game is NOT about the American revolutionary war, it is just the backdrop for the game. The story is about Assassin's and Templars as it always has been. Connor fights the Templars, regardless of what side they are on, this means we will be killing people on both sides of the conflict. Do yourself a favour next time and do a bit of research into what the game is actually about before making uninformed posts like this.

playassassins1
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh my god....... This needs to stop. If you don't want to be Washington 's friend, too bad then. And you won't be killing redcoats the whole game.... Blue coats will also be your enemies.

And seriously. Its just a game, don't be so childish about it.
Plus, you haven't even played the game yet...

FilipinoNinja67
05-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Lmao I just saw the name of the guy that started this thread. X)

Isn't the Revolutionary War really just a civil war on foreign soil? It was British against British right? So would you be happy with killing British people that are wearing blue rather than red?

playassassins1
05-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Look at the screenshots and trailors what kind of marketing is that? If it was both sides i would be more acceptable.

All this crap about this game not going to be biased , I do know for a fact you have to be allied to washington, case closed

Adding choice would make the series much better rather than being forced to do things someone else's way

You can't have a choice in this game. Desmond is reliving the memories of Connor, he isn't going back into time. When you're reliving someones memories, you can't change them.

kudos17
05-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Look at the screenshots and trailors what kind of marketing is that? If it was both sides i would be more acceptable.

I'm gonna dig past this BS you're spewing and guess you just don't like America. I get it. That's great. Neither does the rest of the world.

But what you don't realize is that there is a reason for the war. Whatever your view of America now, back then they truly were fighting for freedom and peace. Washington is on the American side, and is a prominent figure, so of course paths will cross.

What you ALSO have to realize, is that Washington owned a Piece of Eden and was a Freemason, which have already been connected to the Templars in the lore. While I doubt we'll be killing Washington (you can't really bend the truth that far and still stay historically accurate), we may not be allies with him the whole game. Not to mention, that Washington was kind of a d**k and nowhere near the never-tells-a-lie, do-gooding hero of the people America has made him out to be. His personality alone may conflict with Connor's and make them unlikely allies rather than full-on friends. But on the other hand, they were both also calm and collected in their demeanor, so maybe they'll find enough common ground to like each other after all.

But the main problem with all this isn't the setting, it's you. I mean, seriously, no one cared that we took Medici's side in the second game, or Prince Suleiman's in the fourth. You're biased because of your views on the actual country. Get past that and realize the simple fact that Connor fights for peace "no matter their allegiance" . He is, after all, a Native. If anything, he hates everybody equally.

FilipinoNinja67
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
^ this.

De Filosoof
05-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Aaahh, it's fun to see patriots defending their beloved country.
The ignorance...
Do you know the Rockefellers for example?

Every country has their own corrupt people and AC (like every previous title) will clarify that.

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm gonna dig past this BS you're spewing and guess you just don't like America. I get it. That's great. Neither does the rest of the world.

But what you don't realize is that there is a reason for the war. Whatever your view of America now, back then they truly were fighting for freedom and peace. Washington is on the American side, and is a prominent figure, so of course paths will cross.

What you ALSO have to realize, is that Washington owned a Piece of Eden and was a Freemason, which have already been connected to the Templars in the lore. While I doubt we'll be killing Washington (you can't really bend the truth that far and still stay historically accurate), we may not be allies with him the whole game. Not to mention, that Washington was kind of a d**k and nowhere near the never-tells-a-lie, do-gooding hero of the people America has made him out to be. His personality alone may conflict with Connor's and make them unlikely allies rather than full-on friends. But on the other hand, they were both also calm and collected in their demeanor, so maybe they'll find enough common ground to like each other after all.

But the main problem with all this isn't the setting, it's you. I mean, seriously, no one cared that we took Medici's side in the second game, or Prince Suleiman's in the fourth. You're biased because of your views on the actual country. Get past that and realize the simple fact that Connor fights for peace "no matter their allegiance" . He is, after all, a Native. If anything, he hates everybody equally.

You obviously don't get it because you don't understand a dam thing , i don't hate america. I dislike how hollywood try's to change history with films (that is being moved to games now) that insult the real people who actually did the real fighting and dieing. U571 , the patriot, the last samurai, 300, braveheart, saving private ryan etc.. the list goes on forever and ever and people actually think this is how it happened.

Now back to my post, as i said i dont hate america if both sides were being killed and nobody was allied to anyone that would be fine. But its not like that , you HAVE to be allied to washington, you HAVE to kill british soldiers , this is biased look at the facts for christ sakes, completely one sided .

Were are the french? they were the decisive factor in the independence war.

GunnarGunderson
05-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Why would I want to be george washingtons friend? Why cant I be King George's friend instead . I see this is just another biased bull**** hollywood fantasy game . Killing british soldiers ... forget it. You don't see american soldiers being killed do you ?

Why doesn't the game show the french saving americas ***? Without the french there would be no america .

If your gona make a game about this time period then at least give the players a choice on who they want to be allied with.

It's nice to see you again, friend. I see you haven't lost your taste in usernames http://i49.tinypic.com/25p634x.png

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
erm... what? o0

OriginalMiles
05-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't think it's biased, I want to kill redcoats, and you can just shut up.

freddie_1897
05-29-2012, 03:49 PM
on behalf of all english people on this forum, i apologise for this idiot

SaintPerkele
05-29-2012, 04:05 PM
You obviously don't get it because you don't understand a dam thing , i don't hate america. I dislike how hollywood try's to change history with films (that is being moved to games now) that insult the real people who actually did the real fighting and dieing. U571 , the patriot, the last samurai, 300, braveheart, saving private ryan etc.. the list goes on forever and ever and people actually think this is how it happened.
Oh wow, you really used 300 as an example? Anyone who takes 300 for a fact is an absolute moron. It's obvious that there weren't any giants involved in the war. It's obvious that the 300 soldiers against thousands and thousands of enemies is just a legend.

Also, yes, I disike movies like The Patriot too. But AC is not Hollywood, realize it.
Also, for a "britishp4tri0t", who is apparently even offended by movies like Braveheart, you should really pay attention to your grammar and spelling. I'm noone to laugh about foreign people who are not as good as English as native speakers, but you, my friend, are a native speaker and even more a nationalist, apparently. A nationalist who can't even properly write in the language of the country he adores so much.. That's just hilarious.

OriginalMiles
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
on behalf of all english people on this forum, i apologise for this idiot
I also apologise on behalf of the English people on the forums.

freddie_1897
05-29-2012, 04:13 PM
you're a nationalist, i hate nationalists, nationalism is the bane of humanity, it turns borders into walls and countries into prisons

johnnyhayek
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't forget that in AC1, you fought both Crusaders and Saracens. Just sayin. I'm sure many of the colonists turn out to be Templars in the end.

infamous_ezio
05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
The British deserve it. U mad bruh?

itsamea-mario
05-29-2012, 04:44 PM
You don't want to be washington's friend? Well sometimes you have to be friendly to people you don't like, that's life..,

TheHumanTowel
05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Cleary a troll guys. Probably best to let this thread die.

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 04:58 PM
@infamous , why don't you run back to the french that saved you?

Despite some morons on here with no common sense , lets get this straight I am NOT a nationalist I am patriotic which is not a crime and if you dont like it you can stick it.

Its funny because if this was the other way round , i.e americans being killed these same people complaining would be saying exactly the same thing as I am.

freddie_1897
05-29-2012, 05:04 PM

Despite some morons on here with no common sense , lets get this straight I am NOT a nationalist I am patriotic which is not a crime and if you dont like it you can stick it.

Its funny because if this was the other way round , i.e americans being killed these same people complaining would be saying exactly the same thing as I am.
no, patriotism is when you love your own country, but that doesn't mean you hate other countries. your post here, and all your posts, have said offensive things about another country, and hating another country is nationalism, whether you like it or not.

and your right about this happening the other way round, but if a person had posted what you had posted as an american against the english we would still have replied in the exact same way

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Are you serious? you seriously need to read posts before replying.

Quote me anywhere were I said I hated other countries in fact I've been saying the opposite the entire time.

Assassin_M
05-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Can you please stop posting now ? we get your point, you wont buy the game, fine.
Now stop posting in this thread and about this particular subject... Please.

infamous_ezio

Impossible, I'm Australian.

freddie_1897
Are you serious? you seriously need to read posts before replying.

Quote me anywhere were I said I hated other countries in fact I've been saying the opposite the entire time.

insulting american people.

again, you want to be king georges side not because you are a patriot, a patriot loves their country, but doesnt have a problem with other countries, you are annoyed about playing as an american in a game which is set in america, where you fight for the freedom of people, who were british at the time. that is nationalistic, and believe it or not sunshine, one brit to another, us british back then massacred whole bunches of people, forced people to stop worshipping a certain religion and threw their human rights out the window, the redcoats were the nazis of that age, and a patriot would accept that.

EscoBlades
05-29-2012, 05:27 PM
It is a **** video game. Get a grip and get over it. Am tired of seeing these threads. Until you've played the game yourself, you have next to no frame of reference, let alone an informed one.

Tha is all.

freddie_1897
05-29-2012, 05:32 PM
It is a **** video game. Get a grip and get over it. Am tired of seeing these threads. Until you've played the game yourself, you have next to no frame of reference, let alone an informed one.

Tha is all.
couldn't have put it better myself

infamous_ezio
05-29-2012, 05:32 PM

Tha is all.

Wise words from the man himself :D

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 05:36 PM
insulting american people.

again, you want to be king georges side not because you are a patriot, a patriot loves their country, but doesnt have a problem with other countries, you are annoyed about playing as an american in a game which is set in america, where you fight for the freedom of people, who were british at the time. that is nationalistic, and believe it or not sunshine, one brit to another, us british back then massacred whole bunches of people, forced people to stop worshipping a certain religion and threw their human rights out the window, the redcoats were the nazis of that age, and a patriot would accept that.

"@infamous , why don't you run back to the french that saved you? "

This is documented fact , since when is reality an insult?

Yes because the americans never hurt a fly.. FREEDOM ! DEMOCRACY! KISSING BABIES! wake up and smell the dingleberries and stop being so nieve , they were no better than any other people of the time and just as brutal. Life is NEVER as simple as Good guys and Bad guys you watch to many hollywood films. War crimes were committed by ALL sides and don't you forget it.

freddie_1897
05-29-2012, 05:43 PM
"@infamous , why don't you run back to the french that saved you? "

This is documented fact , since when is reality an insult?

Yes because the americans never hurt a fly.. FREEDOM ! DEMOCRACY! KISSING BABIES! wake up and smell the roses and stop being so nieve , they were no better than any other people of the time and just as brutal. Life is NEVER as simple as Good guys and Bad guys you watch to many hollywood films. War crimes were committed by ALL sides and don't you forget it.
Their was no such thing as Americans back then! And this is the birth of a country, and if you think things would have been better if Britain had won then that would prove that you are a nationalist!
do your homework before making an invalid statement.

And the Americans saving us in WW2 was also documented fact, maybe you should remember that before hating on them

pacmanate
05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
To the OP. Get lost.

joeh93
05-29-2012, 05:48 PM
I thought Ubisoft insisted that its not simply a, America good guys (Assassins) vs. British bad guys (Templars), as Connor does not have a single allegiance to either and fights for both sides; admittedly they've only shown him killing the British so far...

We could do the radical thing and reserve judgement until the game comes out. :D Or keep arguing about Patriotism with a capital P. :p

britishp4tri0t
05-29-2012, 05:50 PM
"Their was no such thing as Americans back then! And this is the birth of a country, and if you think things would have been better if Britain had won then that would prove that you are a nationalist!
do your homework before making an invalid statement"

They were colonials that became AMERICANS which was my point....

Its very sad that people like you hate there own country and get completely brainwashed and fooled by films. Its the day and age we live in unfortunately I hoped people would be more clever than that and actually study it before coming to conclusions. Watching the patriot film 10 times with mel gibson isn't history, hell even the lord of the rings is more historically accurate....

danielgervide
05-29-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm tired of reading without being able to say anything...

George Washing is not Connor Ally! Connor is not in the American Side! Connor is not fighting for either Colonists or RedCoats...

Connor will only fight for Assassins and their goals, if the Colonists share a goal in common, why not use their help? If RedCoats are stoping you from reaching your goal, why not fight against them? If there are templars in the Colonists, why not kill them? If there are templars in the RedCoats, Why not kill them?

Yeah, it's true connor will be helping colonists because they fight for freedom just as the assassins do but it won't stop connor from killing any templar in the colonists side.

Besides of that, Geroge Washington IS NOT allied with the Assassins, he's connor's friend, just as Solomon was Ezio's friend... Ezio was fighting Byzantines in Assassin's Creed Revelations yet, their ruler was Ottoman (Solomon's Uncle whose name i can't remember now).

Please, STOP TALKING FOR OR AGAINST AMERICA... I SAW NO1 TALKING FOR OR AGAINST RICHARD LION HEART OR SALADIN...I SAW NO1 TALKING AGAINST WE BEING KILLING ITALIANS,, BYZANTINS, OTTOMANS OR SPANISH PPL... I SAW NEARLY NO1 COMPLAINING ABOUT US KILLING THE POPE... AND THE POPE IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THEN THOSE REDCOATS IN THE PAST...

STOP FEEDING THIS THREADS, LET THEM DIE. IGNORE THE IGNORANCE.

playassassins1
05-29-2012, 05:53 PM
They were colonials that became AMERICANS which was my point....

Its very sad that people like you hate there own country and get completely brainwashed and fooled by films. Its the day and age we live in unfortunately I hoped people would be more clever than that and actually study it before coming to conclusions. Watching the patriot film 10 times with mel gibson isn't history.

Dude.... Whats your point... What do you want to accomplish with this thread? Do you want us to say that you're right?

You're right, now would you please leave the forums..... Or just stop this argument.

altairezio1993
05-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm English and have no problem at all with AC3 taking place during the American Revolution, it's actually all very interesting, but the amount of 'hate' people seem to be giving the game is ridicolous seeing as all we've had so far are a few details, screenshots and a trailer. And though I'm British myself stop treating them as in the past they were some high and mighty people, they did alot of messed up things to the world and during the Revolution they were the opressors, it's not Ubisoft that says so but HISTORY.As for this game being pro-america propaganda, then i guess AC1 was pro-islam and AC2 was pro Italian, yet AC games have shown time and time again that there is no good or evil side, just Templars and Assassins.

rileypoole1234
05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Nobody cares pal.

POP1Fan
05-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Washington is dead for some time now.

SaintPerkele
05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Get out of your own little world.

We're aware that the USA has major flaws (but pretty much every country has, even your beloved England - no offence to the other English guys on the forums). We're also aware that Hollywood does not always depict history correctly. So will you stop writing that same **** over and over again? Also, noone said that he hates England. Cut out these ridiculous assumptions.

Of course the redcoats were not evil people and neither were the colonialists saints. Nobody here thinks that. So just read the posts - all we say is that ACIII will not be absolutely pro-America, which you are afraid of, and that you don't have a single reason to believe that. The Assassins are in the middle of everything. Either realize that or stop spreading your nationalism. Because you are a nationalist and not a patriot.

Rakudaton
05-29-2012, 07:13 PM
On behalf of all the British people, I should like to apologise for the thread starter's boorishness. This is not the way we generally go about things. *sips tea*

ACIII will not be absolutely pro-America, which you are afraid of, and that you don't have a single reason to believe that..

I agree with everything you said except this. The fact remains that despite whatever Ubisoft are saying about Connor being neutral, the trailers have shown otherwise:

>> The gratuitous use of the US flag in the gameplay trailer, and also the boxart;
>> Connor killing EXCLUSIVELY the British
>> "While men of courage write history of this day" -- cue to brave American troops marching

And so on. I'm not saying ACIII WILL be overly patriotic and jingoistic -- though I have my suspicions -- all I'm saying is that you're ignoring the evidence. It is perfectly reasonable to worry about such an outcome when all the evidence so far has supported it.

Mr_Shade
05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Trailers can't and won't show everything...

I am locking the thread, due to it being started purely to start arguements and we already have some much better threads discussing the ins and outs of the suspected storyline.