PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] No Guards Mode

Medo3G
05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Well ,since I hope that the guards detection rate in AC3 would be as realistic as AC1, I think it would be a bit harder to navigate when you just want to "enjoy the city". So I thought that Ubi adds a setting (Like ACB cheats) which would turn off the guards after finishing the game (or when you 100% it) . And the gylphs , feathers , side missions won't appear in this mode (so you don't take a note of where it is, then collect it in normal mode) until you turn the guards back on. (Maybe an option for the crowd too, but the game would feel really empty IMO)
Share your thoughts/ bash me for this idea
Jk this is one of the best communities that I know : )
EDIT: Maybe the guards won't do anything even if you bump into them
And you have weapons disabled

freddie_1897
05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
possibly, it could work, and if it's a option then i don't see why not

SixKeys
05-28-2012, 08:07 PM
I do have to admit that I really enjoy AC1's and AC2's first missions when there are no rooftop guards. There's just something special about the feeling of being the only person up in those heights. I can see it working as a cheat mode, perhaps, but it wouldn't make a significant difference to the gameplay. You can already navigate the cities easily even with the guards present, as long as you don't bash right into them.

Medo3G
05-28-2012, 08:33 PM
You can already navigate the cities easily even with the guards present, as long as you don't bash right into them.
That's actually making the game horribly easy. In ACR I ran around like a maniac with eagle vision on so I make the animus fragments appears on the map, bumping into guard on the ground , zip-lining, or jumping off roofs didn't trigger anything at all. However I wish that they increase the suspicion of the guards and if they do so it will be a bit a pain in the behind to free roam.(Cause the game became easier so that they can recruit the "average" gamer) :P

Acrimonious_Nin
05-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I highly doubt that the forests and all that will be filled with British troops since they mostly inhabited cities not forests.... but if you are referring to the cities then you have to remember that there is going to be a notoriety meter that will prevent them from spotting you so quickly. Plus who can deny them a fun blood bath if they do interrupt my sight seeing of the game lmao

BTW the detection meter, most likely, will resemble that of AC2- AC:R since they are bringing back the notoriety bar...

JumpInTheFire13
05-29-2012, 05:56 AM
If you're good enough to 100% the game you're probably good enough to deal with the guards.

imonthenet
05-29-2012, 09:49 AM
It'd be nice, but only as a cheat/reward for 100% synching a sequence or something. If it was included as an option I'd probably treat it like the VR Training Room(s) in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, e.g. enjoy for half an hour or so, then go back to the normal game and stumble upon it again later when I'm bored and looking at every single option in the pause menu or trophy hunting.

So while not making much of an impact on me, yeah 'twould be nice

SaintPerkele
05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I like the idea. Maybe just so, that the guards won't attack you by themselves, unless you attack them, but are still present anywhere. Guards are important for the scenery and the life of the cities too, if I want to enjoy atmosphere, there need to be guards too.

Medo3G
05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I like the idea. Maybe just so, that the guards won't attack you by themselves, unless you attack them, but are still present anywhere. Guards are important for the scenery and the life of the cities too, if I want to enjoy atmosphere, there need to be guards too.
Passive Guards , I like the idea :D

FilipinoNinja67
05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Well ,since I hope that the guards detection rate in AC3 would be as realistic as AC1, I think it would be a bit harder to navigate when you just want to "enjoy the city". So I thought that Ubi adds a setting (Like ACB cheats) which would turn off the guards after finishing the game (or when you 100% it) . And the gylphs , feathers , side missions won't appear in this mode (so you don't take a note of where it is, then collect it in normal mode) until you turn the guards back on. (Maybe an option for the crowd too, but the game would feel really empty IMO)
Share your thoughts/ bash me for this idea
Jk this is one of the best communities that I know : )
EDIT: Maybe the guards won't do anything even if you bump into them
And you have weapons disabled

i wouldn't care for a mode like this but as long as it doesn't affect me then why not have it?

You must be talking about the SP community. The MP community is terrible. Thank god we have OblivionDoll and Serrachio. Everyone else (myself included) is just.... Well take a look for yourself.

Medo3G
05-29-2012, 03:14 PM
You must be talking about the SP community. The MP community is terrible. Thank god we have OblivionDoll and Serrachio. Everyone else (myself included) is just.... Well take a look for yourself.
I didn't even bother with the MP as my connection is terrible
Hence my outdated Sig :D

luckyto
05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Have you really needed it in the past?

Medo3G
05-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Have you really needed it in the past?
Well if the detection rate increases (as I hope) in AC3, it should be difficult to navigate (at least not ridiculously easy as the past couple of games) when you want to navigate just for the sake of it.
Also it would help "making the game easier" policy that Ubi appears to approach lately :P