PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - Does it make sense?

Hanen
05-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Honestly, it really doesn't... I thought the Assassins were supposed to fight against the templars. The game clearly goes on the conspiracy and takes advantage of those niches in history and create a story about the long neverending battle against the templars. Like the Auditore family who were bankers in italy, who helped the medici family, or Machiavelli in brotherhood and his "citizen" militia.
If I understand about the conspiracy theories of the American Revolution, and the little history knowledge I have about the American Revolution, it truly stinks of Templar's interference in creating a "New World Order", by creating it in their own grand design... Something I'm sure the Assassin's would fight against, not support. Most of the founding fathers are accused of being members of the Templar Order, but known under a different banner, known as the Free Masons.
The Boston Massacre as most historians agree now was an exaggerated tragedy against men who were just scared for their lives. The Tarring and Feathering of Tax collectors, truly an atrocious act towards another man, would the Assassins ever allow this? The Burning Bonfire scene in AC2 shows the mercy of the Assassin's in that quote by Ezio, "No one deserves to die in such pain". And Ezio's scenes when he assassinates someone, always sends his victims off with peace, which gives their deaths dignity. Tarring and feathering seems to go against that.
But I guess it's wrong for me to compare Ezio's experiences vs Connors. But I believe their Creed would not allow any of this without the public knowing the truth of how the war will begin, by possible deceit, when the unknown shot, even after much investigations, could not reveal the shooter, started the entire revolution (I think the templars had something to do with this). Oh yea, dont forget about SLAVERY. At the time, British Parliaments were working to Emancipate Slavery through a slow and painful process. Southern plantain owners wanted to keep slavery

TL : DR = Founding Fathers may have been Templars, known as Free Masons. American Revolution staged by the Templars. American's become too emotional to make rational decisions and Assassins supporting their war to creating a "New World Order".

This is not a conspiracy thread or any advocation for the conspiracy theories about the founding fathers... Just saying from what we understand now, I don't see how the Assassin's could have ever played a role in engineering the Revolution.

What do you guys think?

beatledude210
05-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Connor's Father is British, that's the "geological leap"

ProletariatPleb
05-27-2012, 09:25 PM
"HOW THE HELL DOES DESMONDS ANCESTOR GO FROM ITALIANS TO NATIVE AMERICANS??? Where was this geological leap???"

Desmond is a guy in the 21st century in USA.

Alta´r was an assassin in the Holy Land/Israel back in the 12th century, and Ezio 15-16th century Italian.
You don't honestly expect that every one lived in the same place for hundreds of years, do you?

Desmond has the bloodline of both Ezio & Alta´r(Ezio and Alta´r are not direct descendants) but at some point of time, their bloodlines converged.

rileypoole1234
05-27-2012, 09:30 PM
The Freemasons and Templars are not known to be the same thing.

How do you know that Assassins tarred and feathered people? nobody ever said that.

The Assassin's NEVER engineered the revolution. They only fight the Templars. Only the Templars

I'm not sure how you're coming to conclusions about things that have never been confirmed nor even stated by anybody.

Hanen
05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Seriously?? that's what you're going to argue about in this thread??? I removed that part just because it wasn't the point...

Hanen
05-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I never said the assassin's tarred and feathered anyone. I'm saying the Colonials did at their outrage towards the taxations. And About the freemasons, I said, they are ACCUSED of being Templars by conspiracy theorists. Just saying that would have been much more interesting. And how in the Assassins creed universe, is anything confirmed? they say that most of the conspirators in the Renaissance were apparently Templars or Assassins...

Assassin_M
05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Hello ad welcome to the Forums;)
First of all, the Assassins did not engineer the revolution. The Colonials are a completely different organization.
and I advise not to maintain that Snobby attitude towards members. It is neither appropriate nor tolerated.
and why exactly do you think that it "stinks" if templars had a hand in creating the USA ?

rileypoole1234
05-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Clearly you are one of the people that read the colored lines and made your own conclusions about what I wrote rather than actually reading it.

Hey pal, I have a suggestion: LIGHTEN UP. :mad: Show some respect.

I'm just giving my two cents and stating my opinions. Respect them.

I read your whole post by the way.

Hanen
05-27-2012, 10:01 PM
well, it's like those people who keep asking, who really shot Kennedy? and the conspiracy of FDR's knowledge of Pearl Harbor, doing nothing to bring America in the War? The events that occured during the Revolt of the colonists, such as the boston massacre, boston tea party, and the Battle of Lexington, who were the true instigators? In the battle of Lexington, a shot was fired by an unknown source that started the war. Both sides were told to hold fire but under the confusion, the soldiers began to fight. Boston Massacre, the mob were probably tossing stones, which made the British soldiers very nervous and afraid for their lives. All these events fueled the fire for a revolt. It just seems more romantic to believe it was a grand scheme of the Free Masons, or believed to be the Templars. It was said that the Free Masons played a large role in the American Revolution.

Assassin_M
05-27-2012, 10:02 PM
well, it's like those people who keep asking, who really shot Kennedy? and the conspiracy of FDR's knowledge of Pearl Harbor, doing nothing to bring America in the War? The events that occured during the Revolt of the colonists, such as the boston massacre, boston tea party, and the Battle of Lexington, who were the true instigators? In the battle of Lexington, a shot was fired by an unknown source that started the war. Both sides were told to hold fire but under the confusion, the soldiers began to fight. Boston Massacre, the mob were probably tossing stones, which made the British soldiers very nervous and afraid for their lives. All these events fueled the fire for a revolt. It just seems more romantic to believe it was a grand scheme.
Buddy, Assassins Creed is ALL about conspiracy.

Hanen
05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
yea i know, conspiracy, that's the whole point. What if we gave the founding fathers a different face other than the highly mythical figures they are today? LIke they were really trying to create a new Government to actually create more control, by giving power to more people of their order, than the actual common people by posing as their representatives? If you add that to conspiracy ideas, and modern concerns of the economy, the 1%ers conspiracy, and politician corruption and all, it would seem like the Templars have prevailed. And that's why the modern Assassin's fighting a losing war and are desperate for answers or solutions.

Assassin_M
05-27-2012, 10:09 PM
yea i know, conspiracy, that's the whole point. What if we gave the founding fathers a different face other than the highly mythical figures they are today? LIke they were really trying to create a new Government to actually create more control, by giving power to more people of their order, than the actual common people by posing as their representatives?
That is what most likely will happen.
Because as stated by Ubisoft, Connor will be killing Templars on both sides of the Conflict, British wearing red ad British wearing blue(AKA Colonists)

itsamea-mario
05-27-2012, 10:23 PM
The assassins aren't particularly supporting the colonists, they're supporting freedom, and opposing the templars. Connor may be chummy with Washington, but he's not going to be a colonialist hitman, it's been stated many times that he will be killing people on both sides.
Also you're a backwards dog humping imbecile, who seems to have given self lobotomy a go.

Hanen
05-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey pal, I have a suggestion: LIGHTEN UP. :mad: Show some respect.

I'm just giving my two cents and stating my opinions. Respect them.

I read your whole post by the way.

How was what you wrote any different? "How do you know that Assassins tarred and feathered people? nobody ever said that." I never said they did either. "I'm not sure how you're coming to conclusions about things that have never been confirmed nor even stated by anybody.". Just shooting down my ideas does not make an opinion. You were offensive and rude.
"The Freemasons and Templars are not known to be the same thing." About the Free Masons being Templars, these HAVE been said. But I never advocated that they were true. I asked for an opinion on your matter of what you thought about these ideas. I never asked you to validate or confirmed them. You just chose to invalidate my ideas just because I had them.

itsamea-mario
05-27-2012, 10:28 PM
How was what you wrote any different? "How do you know that Assassins tarred and feathered people? nobody ever said that." I never said they did either. "I'm not sure how you're coming to conclusions about things that have never been confirmed nor even stated by anybody.". Just shooting down my ideas does not make an opinion. You were offensive and rude.
"The Freemasons and Templars are not known to be the same thing." About the Free Masons being Templars, these HAVE been said. But I never advocated that they were true. I asked for an opinion on your matter of what you thought about these ideas. I never asked you to validate or confirmed them. You just chose to invalidate my ideas just because I had them.

Even the way you right makes my mind feel like its being violated.

Assassin_M
05-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I do believe talk about "rudeness" and "offense" shouldnt come from you..
You have been editing posts to remove your rudeness, but I have seen them..
and quite frankly your "edited out" words are more than rude..

ShadowRage41
05-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Wow the mods are doing a bang up job on this topic.;)

infamous_ezio
05-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Hello ad welcome to the Forums;)
First of all, the Assassins did not engineer the revolution. The Colonials are a completely different organization.
and I advise not to maintain that Snobby attitude towards members. It is neither appropriate nor tolerated.
and why exactly do you think that it "stinks" if templars had a hand in creating the USA ?

*, you're not a mod

Edit

johnnyhayek
05-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Well I think Connor hasn't even found out about the war between Assassins and Templars. He just knows he wants to fight for liberty. I have a feeling that in the end, he finds out that he was actually helping the templars with their New World Order.

itsamea-mario
05-28-2012, 06:47 PM
shutup you pretentious ****** bag, you're not a mod

And you're not hard.

Black_Widow9
05-28-2012, 07:01 PM
That's quite enough. We do not need any armchair modding on the Forums. This is also not any way to welcome someone to the Forums, regardless of if you agree with what they said or not. If there was an issue with comments and insults you need to REPORT IT (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659584). If you seriously can't get along and continue to insult each other you will take a holiday from the Forums.