PDA

View Full Version : playable demo?

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 04:20 PM
here is a link to a article about AC at E3, http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/345096/20120524/assassin-s-creed-3-trailer-release-date.htm

now the first thing that caught my eye was "Ubisoft will release their playable Demo"

thoughts?

EscoBlades
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I think that person just added some salt and pepper to the headline to grab hits. The demo (obviously playable for those demoing it at the conference and interviews) will be playable, but not available to the general public, or even E3 attendees. I'd be very surprised. Ubisoft haven't officially confirmed anything about AC3 being playable at E3.

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I think that person just added some salt and pepper to the headline to grab hits. The demo (obviously playable for those demoing it at the conference and interviews) will be playable, but not available to the general public, or even E3 attendees. I'd be very surprised. Ubisoft haven't officially confirmed anything about AC3 being playable at E3.
ah, ok, thanks for correcting me.

i do hope that they will release a SP demo at some point though

EscoBlades
05-25-2012, 04:34 PM
AC historically has never had a "general public" playable demo for the SP (correct me if i am wrong)

Events like Comic Con, PAX Prime and Eurogamer usually have MP playable demos though.

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 04:35 PM
AC historically has never had a "general public" playable demo for the SP (correct me if i am wrong)

Events like Comic Con, PAX Prime and Eurogamer usually have MP playable demos though.
that is true, but it'd be nice, theres a first time for everything!:D

playassassins1
05-25-2012, 05:11 PM
It would be awesome if they replaced the Mp beta with a singleplayer beta.

I doubt it will happen though.

Mr_Shade
05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
indeed...

It's common for games to be playable at E3 - months before any demo sees a public release...

Demos are normally MP - it would be VERY unusual for a SP demo to be there.. but who knows ;)

So, I wouldn't jump to assumptions about the demo, IF it's intended to be released, Ubisoft will announce that after E3 ;)

morpheusPrime08
05-25-2012, 08:16 PM
that is true, but it'd be nice, theres a first time for everything!:D

You sure dont give up easily, oh wait........ is that you freddie! I almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar.

GunnarGunderson
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I just hope the guy playing the AC3 demo is better than the guy who played ACR last year. It was just embarrassing how he stood in place and spammed countereven when no one was attacking

Josegtx13
05-25-2012, 08:56 PM
indeed...

It's common for games to be playable at E3 - months before any demo sees a public release...

Demos are normally MP - it would be VERY unusual for a SP demo to be there.. but who knows ;)

So, I wouldn't jump to assumptions about the demo, IF it's intended to be released, Ubisoft will announce that after E3 ;)

Why did you wink twice?

Hmm, I wonder..

AnthonyA85
05-25-2012, 09:11 PM
There has never been (nor will there ever be) a playable SP demo outside of E3 or gamescom (if they're doing that this year), any public demo we do get, will be MP beta (and will be the only time in the entire lifetime of the game where the MP actually works), and if you have only an Xbox 360 and/or a PC (or like me), only a PC, then your chances of playing the MP beta are ZERO, since we all know that Sony won't let Microsoft have their slice, and Ubi won't release a downloadable demo for us PC users.

SixKeys
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Even if they won't have a playable SP demo, I'd love to get a glimpse at the new multiplayer.

MetalCreed
05-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Meh, wouldn't care even if it did happen as I won't attend E3 anyways.

playassassins1
05-26-2012, 10:54 AM
It would be awesome if they replaced the Mp beta with a singleplayer beta.

I doubt it will happen though.

LOL, he copied my post....

Mr_Shade
05-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Why did you wink twice?

Hmm, I wonder..
Wasn't a wink was a smile...

I just think its funny that people jump to assumptions ;)