PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer marred again! By no dedicated servers!

Von Adder
05-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Been playing multiplayer all day and once again the problems with p2p netcoding are obvious!

A game of this caliber needs dedicated servers, the lag at times is just hilariously bad, connection issues abound and rubberbanding and host migration is completely out of control, why in this day and age are we still playing on an antiquated system?

Dedicated servers Ubisoft, your cheap scrooge like money grubbing tight fisted ways must end and you must support your customers!

There are no excuses! Your devs can not justify by any means at all a p2p system that plays fair, any explanation will not counter the fact some people have great internet whilst others have dog doo. One day p2p will be a thing of the past and people will look back at this period and kill themselves laughing at what us "modern gamers" have had to put up with.....for shame Ubisoft, for shame!

cBankordlol
05-24-2012, 07:20 PM
The funny thing is, they charge for a play pass to combat used sales from department stores like "Gamestop". However, if you think about it, UBI made their money for that individual game, if a customer sold the disc out, then they didn't do their job as a developer well enough to earn his dedicated support and continued enthusiasm. This translates to a lower profit margin, and in all fairness, UBI made the initial money off of the game anyway, and the whole purpose of this additional charge is to help maintain their servers.

Couple this with the fact that we pay for live, their lack of dedicated servers, and we have a money grubbing developers thats quick to jump on the bandwagon, if it means more bang for their bottom end.

Take note at devs like EPIC, they provided ample support, dedicated servers, and vehemently oppose any sort of DRM or this onset of "playpass," inherently infringing upon our liberties as consumers.

If you buy a used car, the entire car should be yours, and not held hostage by the manufacturer, until you pay them a down payment for some LED screens on the dash.

If you buy a game from your friend, you should be entailed to all of the resources on that disc, ergo the data on that disc. It's your data. Also, you pay for the live servers, therefore you're entailed to some respect in terms of servers and access to them. These additional charges are scams incarnate. We cannot allow them to persist.

TwisTedDreaMz
05-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Cant agree more! Its a slap in the face I tell you. But they will tell you its your connections fault not there fault. Cant wait for p2p to go away.. But anyway were stuck with it so we might as well play it or go play something else. Nothing we can do other then deal with it.

doja2
05-24-2012, 07:53 PM
P2P works fine when you have player hosted SEARCHABLE COSTOM LOBBIES. In COD the private P2P lobbies would run better with a lot less lag while being able to host 8 on 8 then the 6 on6 matchmaking lobbies.

TRAJEKTURY
05-24-2012, 08:00 PM
P2P works fine when you have player hosted SEARCHABLE COSTOM LOBBIES. In COD the private P2P lobbies would run better with a lot less lag while being able to host 8 on 8 then the 6 on6 matchmaking lobbies.

Under these conditions it may be tolerable (Not that I'm against, Fully Customizable Searchable Lobbies,I coined the phrase in these forums, never saw any one say that before me, it be nice, but UBI has a budget and profit margins to meet, doesn't appear it will happen.) , however the host will always have an unreasonable advantage. I always chuckle when people talk about dedicated servers after the games been released, why would they do that, you already bought the **** game. Where were you when I discussed this in threads way before the game was released?

doja2
05-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Host advantage is a lot less of a game killer then all the BS that comes with matchmaking. With P2P matchmaking you have the same problem any way, there still is a host and he gets the same advantage as he would hosting his on room.

TheOneBrandon
05-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Cant agree more! Its a slap in the face I tell you. But they will tell you its your connections fault not there fault. Cant wait for p2p to go away.. But anyway were stuck with it so we might as well play it or go play something else. Nothing we can do other then deal with it.

Just wait until ISP start to throttle P2P connections (unable to distinguish legit P2P vs piracy), people are really going to be upset then with games like GRFS that only offers a game developers Welfare online infrastructure.

Von Adder
05-25-2012, 05:57 PM
To top up my original post!

Today the EU servers came online so most if not all the problems from the last few days could be put down to an American host......

But wait! What's this? rubberbanding and indestructibilty, invisble enemies (i'm not talking about the sniper cloaks here) and mis-matched killcams, super soldiers going 46 for 2, 23 for 1 and 35 for 5, missing hit detection boxes...NO HIT DETECTION! Teleporting enemies and grenades, my k/d ratio going crazy apesh*t bonkers (when i obviously host) then dropping into the gutter, frozen enemies and friends on screen....the list is endless!

When the game works, which is about 1 in 10 times, it's absolutely fabulous, when it fails it's beyond awful and this is a shame as it's a brilliant piece of multiplayer digital gaming horribly horribly horribly let down by no dedicated servers!

Dearest dearest Ubisoft be the first games company bar Dice (before EA) to actually ignore your share holders and and listen to and support your customers, there is no fairness in playing GR:FS online and that's a low down dirty shame, there is some improvement over yesterday but the game still falls to pieces when johnny and janey dial up are hosting.

Oh to be the CEO of Ubisoft.

TheElfishGene: 100 Meg down, 10 Meg up.

Rizilliant
05-25-2012, 06:16 PM
yep, and it thins out the playerbase, or divides it i should say further, with each dlc...Bottom line is people WILL go play one of the other hundreds of workign shooters out there if this continues, and GRFS will be like play8ing socom conf4rontation...1v1...after a 2hr search

Rizilliant
05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
The online pass is piracy in itself...If the original buyer, sold the copy, then he can no longer play it..Therfore, the new buyer, caqn only take up ONE slot on the server....Charging the online pass can make a $50 game turn into a several hundred dollar game..Not counting dlc...They lose no money from used gam,estop sales, its a lie...The money for the origional copy was gotten, reguardless...Its not like the games hardwired into his system, and he cans till play while the next buyer does!

If you recall, games were $50, and were then hoppped up to $60 to cover some other BS cost...Thats why i call it a $50 game..Certainly very few worth the $60 being charged!Assassins creed, Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur (if it were playable and not bugged to the stoneage), games where you get your monies worth out o9f them..Not a 2-3 hour campaign, and broken online MP...Remember when Mp was like a bonus added to your game? Now the campaigns feel like a tacked on, rushed, and unfinished bonus...Hell, id have even conside3red BF3 worth it, if they hadnt taken 6 months to fix its problems...Just a note devs, DLC should NEVER come b4 a patch!!!

Bird125
05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
To top up my original post!

Today the EU servers came online so most if not all the problems from the last few days could be put down to an American host......

But wait! What's this? rubberbanding and indestructibilty, invisble enemies (i'm not talking about the sniper cloaks here) and mis-matched killcams, super soldiers going 46 for 2, 23 for 1 and 35 for 5, missing hit detection boxes...NO HIT DETECTION! Teleporting enemies and grenades, my k/d ratio going crazy apesh*t bonkers (when i obviously host) then dropping into the gutter, frozen enemies and friends on screen....the list is endless!

When the game works, which is about 1 in 10 times, it's absolutely fabulous, when it fails it's beyond awful and this is a shame as it's a brilliant piece of multiplayer digital gaming horribly horribly horribly let down by no dedicated servers!

Dearest dearest Ubisoft be the first games company bar Dice (before EA) to actually ignore your share holders and and listen to and support your customers, there is no fairness in playing GR:FS online and that's a low down dirty shame, there is some improvement over yesterday but the game still falls to pieces when johnny and janey dial up are hosting.

Oh to be the CEO of Ubisoft.

TheElfishGene: 100 Meg down, 10 Meg up.

The US hasn't had these issues that I know of. I can only reference my connection but. 9 out of 10 public matches have been issue free for me.
When we do have an issue, the game is unplayable.
http://speedtest.net/result/1920904581.png

CRWingnut
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Release day nightmares all over again, why does this happen over and over again. Cannot even connect to play co-op this is an absolute joke.

Soulres
05-25-2012, 10:45 PM
after 2 or 4 hours after midnight in the US the servers went down, then would restart offten, but words of companies UBISOFT EA ACTIVISION " Dedicated Servers COST MONEY, when HOST MIGRATION is CHEAPER AND FAR SIMPLER " rings in my ears that games like this *cough* BRINK *cough* where games that would have revolutionized gamming, but were ruined because someone didnt want to have Dedicated servers that they could simply RENT from some company that is dedicated to servers and knows what theri doing. FAR CRY 3 IS GOING TO BE THE EXACT SAME, DO NOT GET IT FOR MULTIPLAYER

Von Adder
05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Top up three!

Last nights gameplay was beyond awful, we as adults could only get together as a group after 10 PM, surprise surprise the Ubisoft server was unavaliable!

You had 12 people waiting patiently without any idea what was happening for the server to come back online, no twiitter, no facebook, no post of any kind from anyone from Ubisoft, dev, mod or otherwise, after waiting on and off for four hours we gave up!

Again dearest Ubisoft would it be even slighly inconvenient for someone at Ubisoft HQ to let us, the filthy commoners know what's going on?

This disaster happened on the EU release day and as far as i know has still not been addressed, i am asking you now to please explain why this game is p2p? I don't want to hear from the public, i would like your opinions, your reasons, why is a game of this calibre not on a dedicated server?

Everytime i suffer a disconnection in co-op (what's that all about?) or have problems in the multiplayer, i will be posting here till i hear from a dev, i really really really want to know what goes through the mind of a game developer that creates a multiplayer game in an unplayable, unfair and outmoded concept!

Jackiraffe
05-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I'd like to believe online shooters will move back to dedicated servers, but it's merely a pipe-dream at this point. In other words, don't hold your breathe.

SteelVelvet
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
The only way we can stop this is by not buying these games that require an online pass. This is the last game I'm buying for quite a while. Money talks people!