PDA

View Full Version : E3 Demo should be Connor killing an American

who-can-i-be
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I personally don't care, but others may need some evidence to prove Connor isn't specifically ON the American's side in the war.

Off topic, but did anyone else notice that, in the gameplay trailer, he refers to himself as "free", not a "man of courage"? Maybe he's gonna be a bit more humble than Altair and Ezio, but I guess his background does explain that. Doesn't said background remind you of Batman's; just a little bit?

Aphex_Tim
05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Now that you mention it, Connor is indeed kind of a 18th century Batman. :p

ProletariatPleb
05-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I think people should just end this "OMG killing Redcoats" bullcrap.

Meanwhile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSx67mGwBY

EscoBlades
05-24-2012, 07:32 PM

Meanwhile

Agreed. /end

SaintPerkele
05-24-2012, 07:55 PM
We had several threads dedicated to this topic. While it is understandable that people are afraid of a game which is gloryfing America too much, the developers promised that this will not be the case. No point in discussing anymore unless we actually have new information.

hastings84
05-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't think it will "glorify" America, at all. This game is developed in a Canadian city you know.

jealousofme
05-24-2012, 08:06 PM
To me it's just a game, meaning not a flagrant way of supporting 1 country over another

Acrimonious_Nin
05-24-2012, 08:43 PM
I personally don't care, but others may need some evidence to prove Connor isn't specifically ON the American's side in the war.

Off topic, but did anyone else notice that, in the gameplay trailer, he refers to himself as "free", not a "man of courage"? Maybe he's gonna be a bit more humble than Altair and Ezio, but I guess his background does explain that. Doesn't said background remind you of Batman's; just a little bit?

I think that if Connor referred to himself as a man of courage that it would give off a feeling of arrogance and makes people think that he might be American or to be more accurate a Colonial, which he is not. Just because he is not arrogant does not mean that he will be humble. We clearly saw him, in the trailer, killing a captain, and he sounded quite resentful towards the invaders a.k.a both Colonials and British.

Connor: "Part of me wants to fight and repel all outsiders." Notice how he says all outsiders. This should be enough evidence that he is referring to both groups, and it should stop all this ''American hate" threads, also when he advocates fighting I believe this to imply that he is not humble. I think he is more stoic than humble, but more Assassin than stoic ;)

pacmanate
05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
You mean, Connor killing an englishman wearing blue :D

OriginalMiles
05-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Boom! (High Fives)

Assassin_M
05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Wow..
Just Wow..

GunnarGunderson
05-24-2012, 11:17 PM

Meanwhile

it's not going to end until there's some proof that it isn't a jingoism simulator

Assassin_M
05-24-2012, 11:24 PM
it's not going to end until there's some proof that it isn't a jingoism simulator
What ? you dont think the Devs words are enough proof ? People really need to get a grip on reality..

Locopells
05-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Déjà vu much anyone? Hiya M! Didn't we do this last week?!

dxsxhxcx
05-25-2012, 12:34 AM

October 30th to be more specific, or never, if the efforts made by them end up not being enough to prove otherwise... :p

EscoBlades
05-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Just....drop....it.

Moultonborough
05-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Just....drop....it.

I don't think they can. This argument won't be over till the games out and we can see for ourselves.

Locopells
05-25-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't think they can. This argument won't be over till the games out and we can see for ourselves.

Agreed. The OP is somewhat moot however - as we've seen from the latest video, the demo is done, and whatever people think it should be, it ain't gonna change now.

GunnarGunderson
05-25-2012, 02:18 AM
What ? you dont think the Devs words are enough proof ? People really need to get a grip on reality..

Most of the people complaining don't watch interviews or scan the internet for every new detail, they just watch the trailers, and all of the trailers are very biased for the Americans

Assassin_M
05-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Déjà vu much anyone? Hiya M! Didn't we do this last week?!
Im afraid we`ll be doing it every week until release -_-

Most of the people complaining don't watch interviews or scan the internet for every new detail, they just watch the trailers, and all of the trailers are very biased for the Americans
My point exactly. These guys only watch the trailers and speak crap. Not Ubi`s fault.
Its these people`s fault for following just a SMALL amount of the media released for this game. If one does not know, then one has no right to deduce crap.

dxsxhxcx
05-25-2012, 02:41 AM

My point exactly. These guys only watch the trailers and speak crap. Not Ubi`s fault.
Its these people`s fault for following just a SMALL amount of the media released for this game. If one does not know, then one has no right to deduce crap.

this small amount of media coincidentally is what cause more impact in the players, you don't make thousands of people share a link to a "random" interview about the game as easy as you make them share something to make Ubisoft release more content about the game (in this case, the trailer)... so I believe Ubisoft should be more careful about how they'll handle this small amount of media next time to avoid this kind of situation...

Randy 355
05-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Yes, people should let it go, and it is not Ubisoft's fault, but I think a simple thing such as showing some battles against Americans wouldn't hurt. Because, the petty complainers should let it go, but they simply won't until it's in the most commonly viewed source of pre-release media.

It's not a big deal, but people love to make it out to be. May as well cut it at the source.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-25-2012, 05:59 AM
I think some fans are just def and need sub-titles in the trailers... because when Connor says,"....repel all outsiders..'' I think it means all outsiders not native to the land...but they can't hear it. They are def to Ubisofts creations *sigh.

Josegtx13
05-25-2012, 06:24 AM

For some reason, I think there is still going to be people complaining after release date. They're probably going to say "Why did Connor kill more British than Americans!? Typical American propaganda!:mad:"

I know for sure on YouTube that's how it's going to be, but then again, YouTube has very little smart people.

Moultonborough
05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
For some reason, I think there is still going to be people complaining after release date. They're probably going to say "Why did Connor kill more British than Americans!? Typical American propaganda!:mad:"

I know for sure on YouTube that's how it's going to be, but then again, YouTube has very little smart people.

Oh, of course they will be. Not everyone will be satisfied, Ubisoft can't make everyone happy. Look at AC:B and AC:R people are still complaining about them while others love them.

Josegtx13
05-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Oh, of course they will be. Not everyone will be satisfied, Ubisoft can't make everyone happy. Look at AC:B and AC:R people are still complaining about them while others love them.

Yup, they can't make everyone happy, but I've seen more hate for this game than ACB and ACR.

playassassins1
05-25-2012, 08:46 AM
I think some fans are just def and need sub-titles in the trailers... because when Connor says,"....repel all outsiders..'' I think it means all outsiders not native to the land...but they can't hear it. They are def to Ubisofts creations *sigh.

He also said: I will fight the enemy, regardless of their Allegiance .

Which means that he'll be killing Templars, And it doesn't matter if they're British, American, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Alien Etc.

Scystab
05-25-2012, 10:21 AM

I so hate to agree on this. An also very plausible trigger will be if the first to die will be a redcoat :p Then i see no solution to this loop :P
And then we'll be hearing "Why was the first assassination target British?! We knew it, Connor is on the American side!!"

aaaah, can't wait.... :p

Locopells
05-25-2012, 11:54 AM

'snig.gers cynically'

'edits post, 'cos swear filter is stupid and thinks I'm talking about - well take the first S off and you get the idea...'

Or as I said before they have a problem with the ads seemingly misrepresenting the game. As for me, I just gonna wait until it comes out...

Aphex_Tim
05-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Kill this thread! Kill it before it lays eggs!

pacmanate
05-25-2012, 03:38 PM

Boom! (High Fives)

(High Fives Back)

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
lock this please, please

tarrero
05-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I dont know why is so difficult for some people to understand that the redcoats are just regular "guards" and there are going to be templar targets among all the factions.... showing many of them would spoil the game a lot.

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
only thing i'd like them to do really is make the ordinary soldiers have hearts, they could talk about their families back home, or how a friend had died or a relative or something when you walk past them, but to few games make you feel sorry for the 'enemy'

Locopells
05-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Kill this thread! Kill it before it lays eggs!

What, you've never seen the Tremors films?!

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 04:49 PM
What, you've never seen the Tremors films?!
1st one was the best

Acrimonious_Nin
05-25-2012, 05:08 PM
He also said: I will fight the enemy, regardless of their Allegiance .

Which means that he'll be killing Templars, And it doesn't matter if they're British, American, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Alien Etc.

It's so obvious that it is mind numbing how people are ignoring it like that lol.

Locopells
05-25-2012, 05:23 PM
It's so obvious that it is mind numbing how people are ignoring it like that lol.

Equally mind numbing how people forget the "Truly Free"/Shot of old US flag that follows it...

Oh crap, I just got drawn into the argument...

EscoBlades
05-25-2012, 05:27 PM
equally mind numbing how people forget the "truly free"/shot of old us flag that follows it...

Oh crap, i just got drawn into the argument...

just drop it!

Locopells
05-25-2012, 05:32 PM
just drop it!

Sorry!

Mr_Shade
05-25-2012, 05:38 PM
locking thread...

This subject has been discussed before, and never ends well...

Lets see what E3 brings us, before we start a civil war in here...