PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't ask it here, but want to know..

jealousofme
05-24-2012, 03:58 PM
What game do you think would be better to purchase, AC3 or Dishonored? I'm currently playing AC2 and have played part of brotherhood and I like them both so far. So essentially it's an opinion-which game to preorder question. Thanks for the input

freddie_1897
05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
i'd wait till theirs more info, but dishonoured isn't a open world game just to let you know

notafanboy
05-24-2012, 04:12 PM
i dunno, Dishonored looks pretty promising, but AC3 is a no-brainer to pick up for me.

playassassins1
05-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Wait until E3. They haven't showed any gameplay yet. So i guess you can't judge Dishonored now.

SaintPerkele
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
AC3 and Dishonored are the only games I am definitely going to buy 2012 (considering that Bioshock Infinite has been delayed).
AC3, obviously, because I have been playing the franchise from the very beginning and can't wait to see what they've come up with for the final game. Also, I love open-world games anyway.
Dishonored, as it introduces an incredibly interesting setting to the gaming world, I always enjoyed this sort of classic British, yet somewhat retro-futuristic look. Also, the gameplay looks great and even though it is not an open-world game, it still has a lot of sandbox elements.

So long story short, it's entirely depending on you and what kind of games you are rather into.

jealousofme
05-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I want to try to get both, but as of right now if I had to choose I would get AC3. But I'm curious if we're gonna get a CE or something similar and what is would consist of. And thanks for the opinions so far

ProletariatPleb
05-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Both.

dxsxhxcx
05-24-2012, 05:13 PM
I'll certainly play both of them, AC3 for obvious reasons and Disohonored because like someone else said looks promising and is being compared to Deus Ex Human Revolution that is an awesome game as well...

gamertam
05-25-2012, 03:06 AM
You're asking in an Assassin's Creed forum of course the majority will say AC3, myself included. From what i've heard. It's like AC and Bioshock mesh together. I'll wait and see how well Dishonored will be: info, gameplay clips, screen shots whatever. Also if it doesn't making me choose one game or Dishonored. I'll go with the title i'm more familiar and wait until the price drop. On top of that, i could really care less if it'll comes with a CE. :p. Releasing in an overcrowded titles isn't helping you know.

jealousofme
05-25-2012, 03:47 AM
That's why I posted it in here, to push me to get AC3 :) I just traded 1/2 my games to get brotherhood and going to preorder AC3 pretty soon. Yeah I may have done it an unorthodox way, but it worked. Thanks lol

roostersrule2
05-25-2012, 04:15 AM
That's why I posted it in here, to push me to get AC3 :) I just traded 1/2 my games to get brotherhood and going to preorder AC3 pretty soon. Yeah I may have done it an unorthodox way, but it worked. Thanks lolHere's a little trick if you come across another problem like this flip a coin and say put AC3 on heads and Dishonored on tails and just before you flip which ever one you want it to land on will tell which to buy.

jealousofme
05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Wow,thanks for the advice. Why didn't I think of that :p

freddie_1897
05-25-2012, 03:42 PM
yeah, but if it lands on say, heads and you want to flip it again, go with whatever tails is

Mr_Shade
05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
You're asking in a AC forum.. if you should buy a AC game?

ok...

notafanboy
05-25-2012, 07:22 PM
You're asking in a AC forum.. if you should buy a AC game?

ok...

iŽd say the community here is quite un-biased

rileypoole1234
05-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Buy AC3 or else!

Both look really good. We haven't really seen anything from Dishonored though while we've seen a lot from AC3. I'd obviously say AC3 but it's a matter of taste.

D.I.D.
05-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Without any further information to go on, AC3 is the safer bet. You've got the history of the series to indicate what kind of game you're looking at, and there's been a lot more information about it. Chances are, you're more eager to see AC3 than Dishonored anyway.

However, what scant information exists about Dishonored is very encouraging. The number of different things you can do, and the way they can be chained, suggests a game with a lot of reward for problem-solving. The developers have noted that playtesters have achieved things through creative use of the abilities that they hadn't even imagined.

Another plus in Dishonored's favour is that there have been no announcements about single-player DLC so far, and perhaps there won't be any. By contrast, AC3 not only features different SP DLC in each special edition (with no way of getting them all without buy multiple editions), but we also know how Ubisoft works with AC now: they spread the extras around the editions, and then later offer a complete set of all the extras in a single DLC unit. This is something of a disappointment: AC3 is a bigger game than anybody will get to experience on their first play through, and we will only see the whole story down the line on a repeat play when most of it will already be familiar to us.

The only reason to buy an AC3 special edition is for the physical items. Impatience to see bonus missions is not a good enough reason, since you won't see them all and you'll end up paying for some missions twice when you buy the full set. Don't support that. Buy the standard edition, and then the DLC later as one chunk if you really think it's worth it.

So, perhaps that's another point in Dishonored's favour. Get that, know you've seen the whole game, and then come back to AC3 later when the DLC comes out. AC3 will be cheaper, and you can play the whole game as it was intended to be played in one sweep.

Josegtx13
05-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm going to buy both.

Dishonored will keep me busy until AC3 is released.

BBALive
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM
What game do you think would be better to purchase, AC3 or Dishonored? I'm currently playing AC2 and have played part of brotherhood and I like them both so far. So essentially it's an opinion-which game to preorder question. Thanks for the input

Both of them.

gamertam
05-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Without any further information to go on, AC3 is the safer bet. You've got the history of the series to indicate what kind of game you're looking at, and there's been a lot more information about it. Chances are, you're more eager to see AC3 than Dishonored anyway.

However, what scant information exists about Dishonored is very encouraging. The number of different things you can do, and the way they can be chained, suggests a game with a lot of reward for problem-solving. The developers have noted that playtesters have achieved things through creative use of the abilities that they hadn't even imagined.

Another plus in Dishonored's favour is that there have been no announcements about single-player DLC so far, and perhaps there won't be any. By contrast, AC3 not only features different SP DLC in each special edition (with no way of getting them all without buy multiple editions), but we also know how Ubisoft works with AC now: they spread the extras around the editions, and then later offer a complete set of all the extras in a single DLC unit. This is something of a disappointment: AC3 is a bigger game than anybody will get to experience on their first play through, and we will only see the whole story down the line on a repeat play when most of it will already be familiar to us.

The only reason to buy an AC3 special edition is for the physical items. Impatience to see bonus missions is not a good enough reason, since you won't see them all and you'll end up paying for some missions twice when you buy the full set. Don't support that. Buy the standard edition, and then the DLC later as one chunk if you really think it's worth it.

So, perhaps that's another point in Dishonored's favour. Get that, know you've seen the whole game, and then come back to AC3 later when the DLC comes out. AC3 will be cheaper, and you can play the whole game as it was intended to be played in one sweep.

i see what you're saying. Another game which remind me of is Darksiders from THQ. I'll be taking the same path as i did with Darksiders. Which is caution. It is a game i know very little about except it had been said, "a speeding of Thief game" from one article. Thief is just like Assassin's Creed-- also from the same article i read last night. Although i'll be honest and say i've never played Thief before. So, I guess i'm not a "true fan", lol. The fact is, i'm not totally bias, just that i've been playing AC games since AC2 so i'm more familiar with all it flaws and achievements than i would for a new title. Nothing will persuade my thinking toward it.

from the video. It looks nice and shiny but i'm still not convince why i should dive in head first for an unknown title. Furthermore, you don't have to persuade me either. I'll decide what i should support or don't. Just have to wait and see i guess. Again, you asked in a AC forum the answer won't be in your favor or maybe not. I imagine the same result if you asking in other forum as well.

well that's just me and my stupid opinion.

jealousofme
05-26-2012, 04:49 AM
As the one person said, I will end up buying AC3 due to the tried and true method. Not that Dishonored will be bad, but AC3 has a bigger pull on me than the other. I think it's because of the setting of AC3 is what is so appealing

Calvarok
05-26-2012, 05:41 AM
I'd say it depends on which type of game you enjoy more. Dishonored is a sandboxy mission-based first-person shooter with "magic" abilities, and potential for stealthish gameplay. Ac3 is an open-world sandbox game focused around close combat and stealth, with a more "realistic" moveset.

I think that Dishonored's story won't be quite as strong, but that its gameplay will be very interesting. Wait till E3 gameplay of each game before you make your choice.