PDA

View Full Version : Crash on startup? Choppy audio? Read this.

Loginer
05-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I've spent the last three hours trying to get Assassin's Creed: Revelations to run properly on Windows 8 (Consumer Preview), and after combining several separate suggestions found on message boards and YouTube videos, I've finally managed to get the game to run properly. Others are bound to run into the same problem at some point in the future; hopefully, this thread will be the first thing they run into when they run a Google search for solutions.

The first problem you might run into is ACRSP.exe crashing as soon as you press Play. To fix this, you'll need to do two things inside the game folder: Delete systemdetection.dll, and set the compatibility mode on ACRSP.exe to Windows 98/ME. Now, as soon as you're actually in-game, chances are you'll experience weird audio issues and jumpy character movement. To solve this problem, you need to open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) while the game is still running, right-click on it under the Details tab, and make sure at least two cores are checked under Processor Affinity (the compatibility mode automatically disables all but one processing thread). You'll have to redo this last step every time you run the game.

Oh, and if you can't get past the launcher itself, try uninstalling the Ubisoft Game Launcher and reinstalling it via this (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe) executable.

jonjonjimmy
06-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I've spent the last three hours trying to get Assassin's Creed: Revelations to run properly on Windows 8 (Consumer Preview), and after combining several separate suggestions found on message boards and YouTube videos, I've finally managed to get the game to run properly. Others are bound to run into the same problem at some point in the future; hopefully, this thread will be the first thing they run into when they run a Google search for solutions.

The first problem you might run into is ACRSP.exe crashing as soon as you press Play. To fix this, you'll need to do two things inside the game folder: Delete systemdetection.dll, and set the compatibility mode on ACRSP.exe to Windows 98/ME. Now, as soon as you're actually in-game, chances are you'll experience weird audio issues and jumpy character movement. To solve this problem, you need to open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) while the game is still running, right-click on it under the Details tab, and make sure at least two cores are checked under Processor Affinity (the compatibility mode automatically disables all but one processing thread). You'll have to redo this last step every time you run the game.

Oh, and if you can't get past the launcher itself, try uninstalling the Ubisoft Game Launcher and reinstalling it via this (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe) executable.

i have tried all of these things and it still crashes saying that "acrsp.exe has stopped working"

ROSSHOLE3000
04-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Worked great for me!