PDA

View Full Version : In my left hand....

AlphaAltair
05-19-2012, 01:05 PM
..through interviews, I give you the promise that AC3 wont be a simple glorification of sickening American patriotism/ nationalism.
In my right hand, I'll show Trailers and Gameplay Trailers than indicate the direct opposite. Am I an example of the spin and deceit that is 21st century marketing? Or am I something much, much worse?

I really hope I have only sunk this low to appeal to the American market, if not, than this is truly the end of what once held great promise, like a rocket toppling back to earth.

Where does the truth lie?

Lass4r
05-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Thou ist verily a poet!

No seriously, I'm slightly worried aswell, but I trust they won't do the exact opposite of what they said.

LightRey
05-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Why did you make another thread about this? -__-
There are at least 5 other threads on this forum where you could (and should) have posted this.

infamous_ezio
05-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Why did you make another thread about this? -__-
There are at least 5 other threads on this forum where you could (and should) have posted this.

You're still not a forum mod.

Serrachio
05-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Whether or not LightRey is a forum moderator makes no difference.

It's basic common sense to keep all information related to one topic in one thread, to avoid the forums from being cluttered up.

Making it harder for the moderators isn't going to gather you much favour.

naran6142
05-19-2012, 06:41 PM

with over 10 000 posts hes pretty close :p

eagleforlife1
05-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Whether or not LightRey is a forum moderator makes no difference.

It's basic common sense to keep all information related to one topic in one thread, to avoid the forums from being cluttered up.

Making it harder for the moderators isn't going to gather you much favour.

But LightRey's constant policing just clutter's up the forums even more. Just leave it to the mods.

Serrachio
05-19-2012, 06:45 PM
But LightRey's constant policing just clutter's up the forums even more. Just leave it to the mods.

LightRey states factual information where and when it's needed.

I wouldn't consider removing misconceptions as policing. LightRey only appears as stubborn because most people don't take what what he's saying on board, so they argue to the contrary.

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 06:50 PM
So you are saying that if a normal Civilian sees something wrong he shouldn't say "stop that" ? and leave it to the Police ? makes sense..

infamous_ezio
05-19-2012, 07:10 PM
So you are saying that if a normal Civilian sees something wrong he shouldn't say "stop that" ? and leave it to the Police ? makes sense..

Hmmm, so when you posted your gay little farewell post on the CONSOLE forums that was ok? considering that this forum is for discussion about assassin's creed on CONSOLES only, you ignored that rule and just took matters into your own hands apparently, so who are you to even make a comment in this conversation?

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 07:13 PM
you're all a bunch of sad tw@s anyway.
As am i.
and just about anyone here.
It's just that some of us decide to be pedantic goody two shoes, and some of us decide to be stupid...

naran6142
05-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Hmmm, so when you posted your gay little farewell post on the CONSOLE forums that was ok? considering that this forum is for discussion about assassin's creed on CONSOLES only, you ignored that rule and just took matters into your own hands apparently, so who are you to even make a comment in this conversation?

too far dude...

infamous_ezio
05-19-2012, 07:16 PM
too far dude...

How? everyone can give the OP a hard time for making a thread about assassin's creed but when one bloke makes a thread about leaving the forum which is completely unrelated to assassin's creed everyone kisses his ***... bit unfair don't you think?

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Bravo..

How? everyone can give the OP a hard time for making a thread about assassin's creed but when one bloke makes a thread about leaving the forum which is completely unrelated to assassin's creed everyone kisses his ***... bit unfair don't you think?
Stop it, you
I cannot stand all these compliments:o

Serrachio
05-19-2012, 07:51 PM
You two can continue posting inflammatory comments if you like, itsame-mario and infamous_ezio, it will only get you banned faster, since you're intent on breaking rules.

After all, this community is supposed to be mature enough to follow the guidelines set for us. No one will complain if you throw a **** fit and find yourself unable to come back.

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
You two can continue posting inflammatory comments if you like, itsame-mario and infamous_ezio, it will only get you banned faster, since you're intent on breaking rules.

After all, this community is supposed to be mature enough to follow the guidelines set for us. No one will complain if you throw a **** fit and find yourself unable to come back.
Nope Nope Mario is joking xD
He just has a different way of doing it :p

Serrachio
05-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Nope Nope Mario is joking xD
He just has a different way of doing it :p

Well, he can find another way of doing it without resorting to bypassing the filter.

ScytheOfGrim
05-19-2012, 07:59 PM
There are flames in this thread, and everyone wants to throw their fuel in, too.

If you believe what you're saying about cluttering up, and so on, and so forth, then there's no point in posting any further in the thread, as everything that was needed to be said has been said. Yes, you may have good intentions, but it's just way better for everyone if you just let the thread die a nice, lonely death.

Serrachio
05-19-2012, 08:07 PM
There are flames in this thread, and everyone wants to throw their fuel in, too.

If you believe what you're saying about cluttering up, and so on, and so forth, then there's no point in posting any further in the thread, as everything that was needed to be said has been said. Yes, you may have good intentions, but it's just way better for everyone if you just let the thread die a nice, lonely death.

I believe this is the best solution, so I won't be posting on this thread any more.

naran6142
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM

that was a personal attack...

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Why so serious?

Seriously, why?

TheHumanTowel
05-19-2012, 08:43 PM
This forum has gotten so meta.....

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 08:48 PM
youre stupid -_-
obviously its american marketing, any company would MUCH prefer more lean toward pro american marketing than pro british, thus receiving more revenue duh
and it STILL does not make them liers, the outcome is the one we get to jduge - the game, in which you kill both sides + slaves and indians are in too.
and except for that, stop whining america -_____- it really gets me out of my mind who the fk cares who you kill and america is a great nation and they get to make most video games/movies so thats why its always in "the spot"
as a non american, just enjoy the game and sh** up im sorry but i cant hear anymore of this stupid crap.

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
youre stupid -_-
obviously its american marketing, any company would MUCH prefer more lean toward pro american marketing than pro british, thus receiving more revenue duh
and it STILL does not make them liers, the outcome is the one we get to jduge - the game, in which you kill both sides + slaves and indians are in too.
and except for that, stop whining america -_____- it really gets me out of my mind who the fk cares who you kill and america is a great nation and they get to make most video games/movies so thats why its always in "the spot"
as a non american, just enjoy the game and sh** up im sorry but i cant hear anymore of this stupid crap.

i totally know exactly what you were talking about.

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 08:51 PM
youre stupid -_-
This stupid crap ended..
and you`re in the wrong thread..

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 09:00 PM
i totally know exactly what you were talking about.

oh sorry mate, my quick hand-typing skills were too good for ya?

and assassin m, seriously stop hatin on me, i been refering to the OP which apparently seems to not even look in his thread,

the american hate for this game is just ABSURD because it was ALREADY explained that at that time all americans and british were still THE SAME, they were STILL european and british, they just rebelled and chose to become independent, and as it happened the americanism has started sharpening itself into what it is today.
please grow some balls the antagonist charles lee is ironically on both sides haha

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 09:01 PM
You do realize you are the one keeping that argument alive?

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 09:03 PM
sorry, it is my problem that i saw another one these stupid threads, haha
i still wanted to shed some light over this issue, either way, like it or not i chose to do so.
this forum is barely alive these times till E3 anyway...

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 09:03 PM
oh sorry mate, my quick hand-typing skills were too good for ya?

and assassin m, seriously stop hatin on me, i been refering to the OP which apparently seems to not even look in his thread,

the american hate for this game is just ABSURD because it was ALREADY explained that at that time all americans and british were still THE SAME, they were STILL european and british, they just rebelled and chose to become independent, and as it happened the americanism has started sharpening itself into what it is today.
please grow some balls the antagonist charles lee is ironically on both sides haha
Hating on you ? I was pointing out the fact that this argument has ended as of now and This thread doesn't even contain much regarding that argument..
I apologize for coming off as hating or insulting, It was not my intention, because I pretty much agree with you, but not your colorful choice of wording..

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 09:06 PM
alright then M, its ok..
i know i am sometimes somewhat violent in my words, just a way of expression
(not physically dw haha) not picky with wording
and that arguement was something im not part of, the collective topic was me but it doesnt matter at all now

Locopells
05-20-2012, 12:05 AM
For goodness sake, will the lot of you SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

'hides in nearest fallout shelter'

infamous_ezio
05-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Bravo..

Stop it, you
I cannot stand all these compliments:o
ahahaha, you're a joke.

Abeonis
05-20-2012, 08:39 PM
ahahaha, you're a joke.
inflammatory_ezio, stop posting personal insults and let this thread die. I am now reporting this thread for closure.

Black_Widow9
05-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Let me direct you to a little Topic that is Stickied across every single Forum- Forum Rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663799)

If you feel insulted and want to report a post I suggest you look here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659584) to find out the specifics.

Insults, attacks and armchair modding are not necessary or wanted. If you cannot follow the Rules you will be taking a holiday.

@OP- Please use the search function to find similar Topics that have already been created.