PDA

View Full Version : Am I late, or has anyone seen this before?

beatledude210
05-18-2012, 06:17 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120328121951/assassinscreed/images/f/fe/Assassins-Creed-3-21.jpg I apologize if I'm late on this.

eagleforlife1
05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
You're late. Only by two months though.

itsamea-mario
05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, i'd never seen these before, so thanks.

TheHumanTowel
05-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I've never seen it either. Is that an official screenshot?

freddie_1897
05-18-2012, 07:32 PM
oh that guy in the middle looks like such an arse!

Assassin_M
05-18-2012, 07:35 PM
oh that guy in the middle looks like such an arse!
My thoughts exactly xD

freddie_1897
05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
that guy in the middle is basically the entire British stereotype in one image.

LightRey
05-18-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry, but where I'm from that's not at all how we stereotype the British and I don't think that's how Americans view them either.

stingray10
05-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Isn't that a bit offensive? Grow up.

freddie_1897
05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm british, if i insult my own country then it's fine, especially since i was joking in the first place

rileypoole1234
05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm british, if i insult my own country then it's fine, especially since i was joking in the first place

I thought the British stereotype is a Victorian woman sipping tea in her lounge telling her butler to "Go and get me some biscuits and crumpets, Jasper"

Either that or that we're annoying people that hate Americans. I can assure everybody, we're not really like that...

These images are new to me by the way. They look awesome!:D

beatledude210
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I've never seen it either. Is that an official screenshot?

I believe it is just concept.

Assassin_M
05-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I believe it is just concept.
To be precise, A concept render..
So yes it IS an official Shot..

beatledude210
05-18-2012, 09:43 PM
To be precise, A concept render..
So yes it IS an official Shot..

Oh, cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

pirate1802
05-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Never saw those. the one on the left looks badass!

eagleforlife1
05-19-2012, 07:36 AM
They were released in a French magazine a couple of months ago.

Deltasparkz
05-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Nice images the dude on the left would make an epic multiplayer character

pacmanate
05-19-2012, 09:16 AM
LOL freddie is british.. he changed his local to somewhere because he doesnt want us finding him

freddie_1897
05-19-2012, 11:04 AM
LOL freddie is british.. he changed his local to somewhere because he doesnt want us finding him
Yes, well you put down coventry, which definetly narrows down the list if I wanted to find you. And to be fair I do live somewhere, that somewhere, Everywhere is somewhere, unless I'm a carrot, that makes things harder

SaintPerkele
05-19-2012, 11:10 AM
If I remember it correctly, the guy on the left will basically be the Brute (there was one magazine which said that he was German and another one which said that he was a Scotsman I think, considering his skirt though, the second one if definitely correct) and the guy in the middle will work similar to the Agile.

pacmanate
05-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes, well you put down coventry, which definetly narrows down the list if I wanted to find you. And to be fair I do live somewhere, that somewhere, Everywhere is somewhere, unless I'm a carrot, that makes things harder

You remind me of a hard carrot

GLHS
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM
That's just gross.

Anyway, I haven't seen this before either, and the guy in the middle looks more like a French stereotype than a British one, even though he's a redcoat.

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 04:03 PM
If I remember it correctly, the guy on the left will basically be the Brute (there was one magazine which said that he was German and another one which said that he was a Scotsman I think, considering his skirt though, the second one if definitely correct) and the guy in the middle will work similar to the Agile.

He's a Scotsman, hence the Kilt.

Edit:

Oh and everyone having a go at freddie for saying the guy is a stereotype:
!. that's not an offensive thing to say.
2. there are different types of stereotype, he does seem like a stereo type for an old english officer.
3. shut up you bunch of pedantic precocious babies.

freddie_1897
05-19-2012, 04:15 PM
He's a Scotsman, hence the Kilt.

Edit:

Oh and everyone having a go at freddie for saying the guy is a stereotype:
!. that's not an offensive thing to say.
2. there are different types of stereotype, he does seem like a stereo type for an old english officer.
3. shut up you bunch of pedantic precocious babies.
thanks for backing me up, i think it was stingray who got really angry and, well, he hasn't shown his face here for a while.

anyway, i am British, and i constantly make fun of my own culture, if i was from, say, italy and said those things then i could sort of understand why people are getting angry. but because i'm from Britain you can hardly say that i'm not allowed to say those things because i have ever right to say them, also the definition of stereotype is basically when you take one image of a group of people in a country/culture and apply it to everyone else in that country. a stereotype isn't true, just a mis-interpretation

freddie_1897
05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I thought that they said the agile would be a Native American with loyalty to the British.
that is exactly what they said, my guess is that the middle one is an officer

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I thought that they said the agile would be a Native American with loyalty to the British.
Maybe more than one type of agile ?
I mean there`re Redcoats, Colonials and natives. There`s bound to be different archetypes in each..

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 04:47 PM
The guy doesn't look particularly agile...

ChaosxNetwork
05-19-2012, 04:49 PM
I am British and do not think it is fine for you to insult my country. Grow up.
Images look great though I am wondering if they are different Archetypes or just different looking skins.

freddie_1897
05-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Images look great though I am wondering if they re different Archtypes or just different looking skins.
i think you should grow up and stop being so sensitive about a JOKE. it is my country as well, and i'll think what i like of it regardless of your opinion, god, what is the world coming to if no one can have an opinion on anything?

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Images look great though I am wondering if they are different Archetypes or just different looking skins.
Buddy, he`s British too :D
and Yes, one can insult his own country without any penalty..

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 04:53 PM

No! YOU grow up!! he insulted No-one, if you're so easily insulted then that's your problem.
He made a statement that was actually valid, insulted no one and was meant as a joke. so if you think that's childish then you're a ****** moron.

freddie_1897
05-19-2012, 04:53 PM
thanks guys

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 04:54 PM
No! YOU grow up!! he insulted No-one, if you're so easily insulted then that's your problem.
He made a statement that was actually valid, insulted no one and was meant as a joke. so if you think that's childish then you're a ****** moron.
You seem to be in a bad mood today :D

ChaosxNetwork
05-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow calm down little one I was just making a little cheeky joke, don't explode into tears.

TheHumanTowel
05-19-2012, 04:55 PM
i think you should grow up and stop being so sensitive about a JOKE. it is my country as well, and i'll think what i like of it regardless of your opinion, god, what is the world coming to if no one can have an opinion on anything?
Seriously, I have no idea how your comment has gotten this much hate. It's not like you said the British stereotype is true or anything plus you actually are British so you should get a free pass for making England jokes. People on this forum need to take the stick out of their ***.

Edit: Woah, *** isn't censored. I feel so free.

beatledude210
05-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Maybe more than one type of agile ?
I mean there`re Redcoats, Colonials and natives. There`s bound to be different archetypes in each..

I looked into my statement a bit more, and found this :"Opposing Native-Americans will also attack Connor throughout his travels, with many of them being just as agile as he is."

I must of read this wrong earlier. It seems like the natives will be an entirely different combat force. So I'm guessing the Redcoats will have their own type agile.

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Seriously, I have no idea how your comment has gotten this much hate. It's not like you said the British stereotype is true or anything plus you actually are British so you should get a free pass for making England jokes. People on this forum need to take the stick out of their ***.
Lets all thank the words "Assassins Creed" for making the word "***" possible on the Forums..
Seriously though, calm down people..
EGYPT SUCKS, who`s gonna get me ? lets just all calm down ha ? jeez

I looked into my statement a bit more, and found this :"Opposing Native-Americans will also attack Connor throughout his travels, with many of them being just as agile as he is."

I must of read this wrong earlier. It seems like the natives will be an entirely different combat force. So I'm guessing the Redcoats will have there own type agile.

More of a challenge on the natives parts, awesome :D

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Wow calm down little one I was just making a little cheeky joke, don't explode into tears.

But i hate you!! and everything you stand for!!

Serrachio
05-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't particularly want to go back and read posts between those arguing, so the *****ing and bickering ends here.

If no on-topic discussion happens from here on, this thread will be locked, no doubt.

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 05:43 PM
dandy.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-19-2012, 08:08 PM

No he's right. I'm British and think that's basically how most other countries view us. As tea drinking posh people with bad teeth.

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm northern, so not really posh, i don't like tea, but i do have kinda bad teeth.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm northern, so not really posh, i don't like tea, but i do have kinda bad teeth.

Same here, have nice teeth though thanks to braces otherwise they'd be as crooked as a broken railing.

Captain Tomatoz
05-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Yeah us northerners are like the opposite to the stereotype :D

I like the badass Scotsman. Looks like they are going to be the equivalent to the brutes, hopefully they are going to be harder though :)

Serrachio
05-20-2012, 12:11 AM
I would have expected the the kilt on the presumed Brute to have been a little more... visually exciting. The pattern is rather bland at the moment, and I'd have liked the lines in the tartan weave to stand out a bit more.

SixKeys
05-20-2012, 12:21 AM
I would have expected the the kilt on the presumed Brute to have been a little more... visually exciting. The pattern is rather bland at the moment, and I'd have liked the lines in the tartan weave to stand out a bit more.

Aren't kilt patterns traditionally linked with particular families/clans? Maybe it's historically accurate.

Serrachio
05-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Aren't kilt patterns traditionally linked with particular families/clans? Maybe it's historically accurate.

If that's the case, every Brute would have to have a different pattern and colour to their kilts (unless they're family related to another Brute), which would require a lot of work to pull off.

It would just be easier to make the kilt stand out more.

BBALive
05-20-2012, 02:51 AM
No he's right. I'm British and think that's basically how most other countries view us. As tea drinking posh people with bad teeth.

The redcoat in the middle isn't showing his teeth, nor is he drinking tea.

I think he was referring to the fact that his stance looks quite...'snobbish'. He kind of looks like he looks down on others, and would be quite a pretentious chap. That is part of the English stereotype.

And yeah, this is old. I do like the designs though. Makes me want to play Empire: Total War in anticipation for Assassin's Creed 3.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-20-2012, 04:01 AM
The redcoat in the middle isn't showing his teeth, nor is he drinking tea.

I think he was referring to the fact that his stance looks quite...'snobbish'. He kind of looks like he looks down on others, and would be quite a pretentious chap. That is part of the English stereotype.

And yeah, this is old. I do like the designs though. Makes me want to play Empire: Total War in anticipation for Assassin's Creed 3.

That's why I said posh, most of them are snobs lol!

LightRey
05-20-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't see any bad teeth or tea in that picture.

freddie_1897
05-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't even understand how my joke got that much hate, I mean come on, it's a joke, and every country has both positive and negative stereotypes

LightRey
05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't even understand how my joke got that much hate, I mean come on, it's a joke, and every country has both positive and negative stereotypes
True. According to the rest of the world we all smoke weed, wear wooden shoes and have windmills everywhere.

...wait.

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:03 AM
True. According to the rest of the world we all smoke weed, wear wooden shoes and have windmills everywhere.

...wait.
xDDDDDDDDDDD
We all know it's true.

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:04 AM
xDDDDDDDDDDD
We all know it's true.
The sad part is that the windmill thing is actually true. xDDD

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:07 AM
You'd have thought, with the creation of electricity and all, they'd have knocked them down.

But nooooo.

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:08 AM
You'd have thought, with the creation of electricity and all, they'd have knocked them down.

But nooooo.
Well we also have those ugly ones that produce electricity, but are in fact completely pointless.

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Well we also have those ugly ones that produce electricity, but are in fact completely pointless.
The modern ones? Yeah, we have them too. Seriously though, I bet the old windmills there don't even work, and if they do they don't do anything do they. xD

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:13 AM
The modern ones? Yeah, we have them too. Seriously though, I bet the old windmills there don't even work, and if they do they don't do anything do they. xD
They usually do, but they're rarely still used for the purposes they used to serve. Most of them are monuments/museums.

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:17 AM
They usually do, but they're rarely still used for the purposes they used to serve. Most of them are monuments/museums.
That must be so interesting...
I've always wanted to know how windmills work in Holland. I'm coming there immediately.

I can see why they made so many, though, the whole of the netherlands being perfectly flat probably accounts to a lot of wind.

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:25 AM
That must be so interesting...
I've always wanted to know how windmills work in Holland. I'm coming there immediately.

I can see why they made so many, though, the whole of the netherlands being perfectly flat probably accounts to a lot of wind.
pretty much. Besides, we used them to pump away a lot of water.

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Hmm, well
Everyone thinks the Egyptian stereotype is a Pharaoh and that we live in the desert and our houses are Pyramids and camels are the only way of transportation..

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:33 AM
pretty much. Besides, we used them to pump away a lot of water.
Which is a problem caused by your lack of mountains also. xD

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Hmm, well
Everyone thinks the Egyptian stereotype is a Pharaoh and that we live in the desert and our houses are Pyramids and camels are the only way of transportation..
Haha yea and in Australia we still live in 1911 and we ride kangaroos everywhere.

freddie_1897
05-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Funny, I always thought Dutch people just ate waffles all the time.

LightRey
05-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Funny, I always thought Dutch people just ate waffles all the time.
Nah, that's the Belgians.

lothario-da-be
05-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Nah, that's the Belgians. no, we eat fries and choclate all the time and drink beer
and people from the netherlands are huge stingy blonde women eating cheese and croqettes that they bought IN a wall xp

lothario-da-be
05-20-2012, 01:46 PM

...wait.
hahaha so true, and now its forbidden for belgians to buy weed in Holland :(

playassassins1
05-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Wow! This thread is turning into, English people insulting each other.

playassassins1
05-20-2012, 02:28 PM

...wait.

Hey.... I don't smoke weed!!!! I'm getting angry now !! I don't wear wooden shoes! Thats just a ****ING stereotype ****it!:mad:

See what I did there?

POP1Fan
05-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I am a gypsy.

On Topic: I haven't seen this renders yet.They are great.Hope to see more coming expecially of the natives.I am curious to see what desgin they will have or what weapons they would wield.

BBALive
05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Haha yea and in Australia we still live in 1911 and we ride kangaroos everywhere.

Nah, the Austrialian stereotype is that you're all racists.

OriginalMiles
05-20-2012, 06:27 PM
If we are all saying stereotypes...
In Britain we all drink tea and play cricket and live in the 1800s.

Mr_Shade
05-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Topic please...

Else the thread gets lockeroonied..

Hassassiyin
05-21-2012, 07:08 AM
So Swords and Axes will still be used by enemies.. Awesome

Astralcloak
05-21-2012, 06:21 PM

I don't know about reintroducing the archetype, which i'm not so crazy on, seekers i kinda likes but brutes were always a bit impractical... anyway back on track, nearly 1/4 of non-colonial forces who fought for the British in the revolution were 'Hessians' elite mercenary battalions from German states' national military leased to the British (often under false pretences) during the Revolutionary war, and i agree with you... something about his dress dosn't make him look like the classic 'redcoat' or match any of the images/screenshot we'd seen so far... maby he IS Hessian? that'd add an interesting new dynamic, especially since Ubisoft have stressed that it isn't always the British your fighting, its not Assassins = Americans & British = Templars.... gota love the grey areas.. ;P

Astralcloak
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
lol, so funny to read through this bizzar not-quite-flame-war about different nationalities! XD maby I should wade on the Irish side? ;P, and the whole pumpin water thing is very astute seeing as 'the netherlands' as a whole can often be considered the world's biggest man-made object, as over 17% of land is reclaimed!..

Potatoes.... had to be done... :p

Serrachio
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I can't really tell if the one on the very end is supposed to be a Seeker, since he looks like a regular soldier.

If he's not, I wonder if the one with the rapier is a combination of an Agile and a Seeker, although that issue could be fixed by altering the one on the end's clothing. I can see him with a balaclava-like cover over his mouth.

Taffy_17
05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
They look really good,
Wondering how differant the continentals will be?

Looks like your standard Brute (High health, big hits), Officer (skilled in combat, kill him the others will flee) and Rifleman/Grunt (basic troops which there are alot of) to me...

BBALive
05-21-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't know about reintroducing the archetype, which i'm not so crazy on, seekers i kinda likes but brutes were always a bit impractical... anyway back on track, nearly 1/4 of non-colonial forces who fought for the British in the revolution were 'Hessians' elite mercenary battalions from German states' national military leased to the British (often under false pretences) during the Revolutionary war, and i agree with you... something about his dress dosn't make him look like the classic 'redcoat' or match any of the images/screenshot we'd seen so far... maby he IS Hessian? that'd add an interesting new dynamic, especially since Ubisoft have stressed that it isn't always the British your fighting, its not Assassins = Americans & British = Templars.... gota love the grey areas.. ;P

He's Scottish. Hessians wore blue and didn't wear kilts.

The far right Redcoat could be an elite or a captain? Just a stronger version of the regular redcoat. Or he could just be a regular soldier.

Middle seems like a Seeker. Far left is obviously a Brute. Perhaps the Native Americans you fight fill the Agile role.

POP1Fan
05-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I wonder if there would be Stalker like enemies in this game too.

Taffy_17
05-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Maybe there'll be some kind of Rangers in the game, maybe Roger's Rangers?

Marky2388
05-21-2012, 09:55 PM
OH i've never seen that screen before. Scottish regular's with axes? Being Scottish myself....it'll be something new to come up against lol