PDA

View Full Version : Help for Noob - Transfer to another plane

Lightning72
07-23-2004, 06:42 PM
As a complete noob who really enjoys this sim but has absolutely no talent, I get shot down or simply crash a lot (all by myself) even while playing offline. Is there anyway, when the time comes to bail out, or I've been killed, that I can transfer into another plan in the wing? It would be nice to be able to switch from plane to plane to plane while you're learning rather than re-starting, taking off again and flying for ten minutes or so to get back to where you were just shot down.

Lightning72
07-23-2004, 06:42 PM
As a complete noob who really enjoys this sim but has absolutely no talent, I get shot down or simply crash a lot (all by myself) even while playing offline. Is there anyway, when the time comes to bail out, or I've been killed, that I can transfer into another plan in the wing? It would be nice to be able to switch from plane to plane to plane while you're learning rather than re-starting, taking off again and flying for ten minutes or so to get back to where you were just shot down.

sniper-690
07-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Yes there is, press shift and F2 as it says on all of the guides,these will be your friendly aircraft. Any other questions either PM me or ask in here http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/caroline1/etsigscot[1].gif

Lightning72
07-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanx for the quick response. When I press Sh F2 I can get a view from the next friendly (and Ctrl F2 give the next enemy view, I think) but what I was looking for was a way to actually take control of the next friendly plane so that I could continue the flying practice from where I was in the mission.

What I'm thinking of is a practice mechanism similar to flying in arcade mode, but with flight realism. As an example I would like to take up a flight of 4 planes to practice recovering from a spin. I'd try a technique with the first plane (A) and if unsuccessful would try something different with the next plane (B) and so on (C & D). I'm trying to avoid reloading the mission package and re-flying the beginnings of missions.

Lt.Davis
07-23-2004, 08:02 PM
You cannot switch to control other plane. The only advise from me was, turn on the invincible mod and unlimited ammo and practise.

Practise more my friend, and hope to meet you in the sky.

regards

"Biar berputih tulang, jangan berputih mata"
Translated:
"Let the whites of your bones, but do not show the whites of your eyes"

PBNA-Boosher
07-23-2004, 08:09 PM
You're one of the lucky ones. You may always refly. Do not take it so lightly that you have the ability replay a failed mission. There are many others who would have given their lives for that chance, but their lives were spent in some other way....

Boosher