PDA

View Full Version : How to please evrybody on the add on stand alone question.

Hunger
06-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Well if the rumor about Pacific fighters not being compatibe with Il-2, because of a policy to make a stand alone(Costs some more bucks) out of it (Because Ubi wants more buck for the bang, well after all its a business and income is survival) is true.

The problem appearing is that it could be divisive for the community (Nobody wants that).
And some will want to recreate that battle between Hellcats and 109s that once took place (Or was it Martlets), a posibility that the stand alone could deny.

The simple solution would be the sale of an "add-on" beyond PF release engineered to integrate both Flightsims, also giving the opportunity to make fixes, integrate more planes for both battlefields, as well as posibly new maps (Ju-188, Fairey Barracuda, Map of poland, China, etc), volunteer modelers also could use the bit of extra time.
Giving a golden Finale to the Il2 saga, now making place for Bob.

This would please both the fans wo want the biggest world war 2 planeset of all times, and Ubi wo could make some more money with the extra add on and maybe with a all-integrating Il-2 Platinum box.

Just an idea outa nowhere
Hunger

Hunger
06-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Well if the rumor about Pacific fighters not being compatibe with Il-2, because of a policy to make a stand alone(Costs some more bucks) out of it (Because Ubi wants more buck for the bang, well after all its a business and income is survival) is true.

The problem appearing is that it could be divisive for the community (Nobody wants that).
And some will want to recreate that battle between Hellcats and 109s that once took place (Or was it Martlets), a posibility that the stand alone could deny.

The simple solution would be the sale of an "add-on" beyond PF release engineered to integrate both Flightsims, also giving the opportunity to make fixes, integrate more planes for both battlefields, as well as posibly new maps (Ju-188, Fairey Barracuda, Map of poland, China, etc), volunteer modelers also could use the bit of extra time.
Giving a golden Finale to the Il2 saga, now making place for Bob.

This would please both the fans wo want the biggest world war 2 planeset of all times, and Ubi wo could make some more money with the extra add on and maybe with a all-integrating Il-2 Platinum box.

Just an idea outa nowhere
Hunger

heywooood
06-06-2004, 10:28 PM
When 'Hunger' strikes....

Here we go again? Hunger - we already have several threads on this very important issue.

One more will make Homer something something.
or is it "all work and no pay (add-on) make Homer something something" ?...I dunno..I lost my train of...something

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/3tbm_avenger.jpg
Goin'fishin'

arcadeace
06-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Untill its release, what can we talk about http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/222_1082457373_222_1082441075_airaces.jpg

Chuck_Older
06-07-2004, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:

One more will make Homer something something.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about "go crazy"?

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
~ Clash

Chuck_Older
06-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Hunger-

Have you thought about what your solution means for the modelling of PF?

To do what you suggest, wouldn't you already have to have PF compatible with FB? If it weren't, how could you make a piece of software that used two different engines, but allowed PF to be compatible with FB?

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
~ Clash

Hunger
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Chuck Older & co

Ok easy, I know that this topic has been discussed to leviathanic proportions.
And im aware that this is all but speculation since we lack any truly oficial statement about the final product.

The reason for speaking about it now, is that if the production of PF is moved in this direction, it should be worked on with this in mind (Software previously adapted for integration with FB), and maybe this option has not previously been taken into account, so I consider it counterproductive to withold it as an option.

Finally as Luthier already stated:

"There are no technical engine limitations preventing FB aircraft from flying in PF. However it is not yet determined whether PF will ship with all FB planes included on disk or not. We are fully aware of your desire to have everything under one roof. Please just hang on for a little while, and don't claim you won't be buying this product based on decisions that haven't even been made yet".

Well take it easy guys.
Regards
Hunger

heywooood
06-08-2004, 05:56 PM
This may infact be the big fly in the ointment.

Hunger- sometimes my posts come off too harsh - I don't intend them to be... but this issue has been threaded to death because it is THE primary touchstone to the community and there just doesn't seem to be an answer coming anytime soon. So far the planes and ships and FM's and all of that have been shown to be in progress and working. But the compatibility or mating of PF to FB is a real chestnut and it seems far from resolved.

The only thing we can all agree on at this point is that we need to know something soon, one way or the other.
As to whether or not I will buy it?.. I will - either way.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/3tbm_avenger.jpg
Goin'fishin'