PDA

View Full Version : Arrow on right side?

Sephrick
05-11-2012, 02:38 AM
First off let me say the new trailer was awesome. If I hadn't already preordered, this would have sold me on it.

Really looking forward getting my hands on this game.

I was just curious, though, about the placement of Connor's arrow.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/jayzubs/Arrow.jpg

Aren't arrows fired from the left side of a bow? Or is this some sort of older method of shooting?

Not complaining. Just curious.

Calvarok
05-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Videogames never seem to get arrow shooting exactly right. Shame. That's the cutscene animation, though, the actual in-game animation may look more accurate.

CrazySN
05-11-2012, 02:51 AM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5725/masterheonkim.jpg

Not according to this guy. (Pic I got from another forum) Anyways, I'm sure there are all sorts of different ways of firing a bow. Connor is simply using his own style.

Keighvin
05-11-2012, 05:13 AM
I'm no master archer, but when I was in the Scouts and had archery, I'm pretty sure people just put the arrow on whatever side their dominant hand was on.

eagleforlife1
05-11-2012, 08:12 AM
^Precisely

EmmaBemma
05-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Looks fine to me. Not really sure how it would work shooting the arrow from the left side when you're right-handed :confused:

Mr_Shade
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Looks fine to me. Not really sure how it would work shooting the arrow from the left side when you're right-handed :confused:
Indeed...

You place the arrow with your dominate hand.. So if your right handed - it goes on the right side of the bow..other wise your crossing your arms over to load and it is very tricky to maintain a fixed hold on the arrow shaft, for aiming.

Needless to say, if your loading in fast succession then you want it on the right, if your right handed....

LightRey
05-11-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm no master archer, but when I was in the Scouts and had archery, I'm pretty sure people just put the arrow on whatever side their dominant hand was on.
So he's doing it "right"?

itsamea-mario
05-11-2012, 06:43 PM
But, isn't the arrow supposed to rest against the bow?

I have used bows a few times, but i can't remember how i did it.

playassassins1
05-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I've done it a few times, they told me to put the arrow on the right side if you're right and on the left side if you're left.

Black_Widow9
05-11-2012, 08:08 PM

It depends. If you rest it against the bow it helps to steady your shot and serve as a guideline to your target. I would imagine if you are an excellent shot it isn't exactly necessary. That's just from personal experience.

Brownsnakeeyes
05-11-2012, 09:13 PM
The way he's holding it is fine, but his left hand is wrong. You don't hold the arrows with your fingers like that, unless you want the feather fletching to get stuck in your finger. I'm a bow hunter, I know these things.

BraxtonNelson
05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
^ yeah thats the only thing i dont understand, he nocks it between two fingers... i know that he doesnt have a place on his bow to place it, but slipping it between his two fingers wouldnt only end up bumping the arrow in mid launch; therefore less accurate. I love my bow, and my crossbow.

rileypoole1234
05-11-2012, 09:18 PM

If you can hit the target every time it doesn't really matter how you do it. I personally hold it in almost the exact same way as Connor there, but the arrow rests on top of my hand.

Maybe Connor wanted to slow the arrow down or something when it hit the soldier by holding it that way.

playassassins1
05-11-2012, 09:33 PM
If you can hit the target every time it doesn't really matter how you do it. I personally hold it in almost the exact same way as Connor there, but the arrow rests on top of my hand.

Maybe Connor wanted to slow the arrow down or something when it hit the soldier by holding it that way.

I'm sure the devs have a good explanation for that. My guess is that its just a mistake that will be changed by the time the game comes out.