PDA

View Full Version : ACIII World Premiere Gameplay footage!

Mr_Shade
05-10-2012, 04:34 PM
After all of your hard work.. here it is the moment you have been waiting for!

Remember to stop by www.assassinscreed.com/unite (http://www.assassinscreed.com/unite) to download some free artwork!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EiVJG_mrtFo

Nader-Abudiix
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
OMG JUST TAKE MY MONEY..... connors voice is cool too

berserker134
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
it was good i thought it was gonna be awesmer

reddragonhrcro
05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
WOW,its great.

InfectedNation
05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I can die happy once I've completed the game in November :')

POP1Fan
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
So, the trailer lived up to its hype.

Inorganic9_2
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
So it seems Ubisoft still haven't got the balls to show Connor kill someone who isn't British. Still, epic trailer! I cannot wait.

notafanboy
05-10-2012, 05:00 PM
@inoriganic: he was standing beside a british soldier without killing him so thatīs a step forward :P

awsomesauce with extra awesomesauce

egriffin09
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow. To say it was only a 2 min trailer, it showed alot (more than I expected).. It was epic. The graphics in the full trailer look so much better than the teaser trailer. The snow looks amazing, facial animations, the forest, the city, everything in this trailer was amazing. Definitely the best looking AC yet, and it's only pre-alpha footage. Ubisoft still has like 4-5 months to make even better. I guess I will watch this like 1,000,000 times until the E3 demo.

Inorganic9_2
05-10-2012, 05:04 PM
@inoriganic: he was standing beside a british soldier without killing him so thatīs a step forward :P

awsomesauce with extra awesomesauce

Really? I missed that part :P

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Really? I missed that part :P

no you didn't they didn't show that, he was wearing a colonial outfit. First of all even the colonials are British so killing a colonial would be the same. And they shouldn't even do that because that would be a spoiler, they shouldn't show Connor kill anyone except redcoats, Indians, and Scottish because they are the main enemies. Enemy colonials would be turncoats, or templars so showing them die would give away to the story.

Lonesoldier2012
05-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Awesome trailer. And Connor's voice is awesome. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

Lonesoldier2012
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
That continuous Assassination chain was badass.

POP1Fan
05-10-2012, 05:59 PM
no you didn't they didn't show that, he was wearing a colonial outfit. First of all even the colonials are British so killing a colonial would be the same. And they shouldn't even do that because that would be a spoiler, they shouldn't show Connor kill anyone except redcoats, Indians, and Scottish because they are the main enemies. Enemy colonials would be turncoats, or templars so showing them die would give away to the story.

Wrong.
The patriots are not the "allies" and the recoats, scottish and certainly indians are not the enemies.The enemies are the Templars no matter of the side they are on.So they could, and SHOULD show Connor killing some patriots too.This way it would show that Connor is on neither side.But I trust Ubi not to screw this up and the "kill redcoats only" pattern in the trailer didn't kill anything for me because I will kill the "blucoats" in my game anyway.

serjro2012
05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
in here u can find a new more screenshots

http://bit.ly/K2nNYL

xXMrGR1NCHXx
05-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Truely epic, FANTASTIC job Ubisoft. November is going to take forever to get here. :'(

freddie_1897
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
but undoubtedly to get to this colonial templar you'll have to kill some other colonials who are guarding him? couldn't they show footage of Connor killing them?

but i agree with you, as long as they make sure that isn't completely one sided then i'm fine

turdpolisher
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
The ENTIRE thing involves killing Brits and ONLY Brits? What the hell?

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
The ENTIRE thing involves killing Brits and ONLY Brits? What the hell?
EVERY ONE WAS BRITISH !!! THE COLONISTS AND THE RED COATS !!!
the only thing that wasnt british was that bear..

rileypoole1234
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

EDIT: It was exactly what I pictured, and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!

Timeaus
05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
@ 1:32 that double kill animation is totally EPIC and AWESOME

LionHeart XXII
05-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh My God!.............................................. ....................................(long pause in amazment) that was.................(another long pause in amazment) incredible!

this game will be mine (looks at metal cover for ac3) my precious!

souNdwAve89
05-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Great trailer. I think Connor's voice actor is nicely picked. Loving the new animation and features.

GLHS
05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
That was so awesome! And the running assassination chain looks so f-ing fun! Cannot wait to do that. The fact that this is pre-alpha footage only makes me more confident that the things we have been complaining about will be ironed out once we get to play it. I was sorta disappointed that they didn't show the bear assassination though... I was looking forward to that lol. But I love how Connor effortlessly runs through the city and his voice actor makes him finally come alive for me. They picked a good one. So don't want to wait!

rangeronedean
05-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I see the new AC3 is overtly anti-English/British. If it's as the trailers appear that is the end of my journey with these games

BK-110
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Loved the chain-assassination. Seems we can finally do what Altaïr did in the AC1 CG trailer... :)

ProletariatPleb
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
I see the new AC3 is overtly anti-English/British. If it's as the trailers appear that is the end of my journey with these games
No it's not, get over it, we kill blues too, but showing that in trailer in my opinion would be spoilery..also..we were standing with this Redcoat guy(probably officer or something) in the trailer. The fact that guardsmen and patrolmen are British obviously means we can kill them...nobody complained when we killed Italians in AC2, Brotherhood nor Turkish people in Revelations.

De Filosoof
05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
One question.
Why does Connor have a modern American voice?
Everybody is talking about the British vs. the British but he doesn't talk like that at all.

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
One question.
Why does Connor have a modern American voice?
Everybody is talking about the British vs. the British but he doesn't talk like that at all.
HELL, Altair had a modern american "Accent" not voice..
Its not totally american, Connor has a very slight accent if you pay closer attention..

De Filosoof
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
HELL, Altair had a modern american "Accent" not voice..
Its not totally american, Connor has a very slight accent if you pay closer attention..

Ok i didn't hear that, my bad.
I thought they might have made that choice because all the people whined about Altair's voice in ACR.

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Ok i didn't hear that, my bad.
I thought they might have made that choice because all the people whined about Altair's voice in ACR.
These complaints were mainly due to nostalgia and nothing more, some felt robbed that we got a different voice actor..
But it was definitely the correct decision on Ubi`s part to provide an accent for Altair..

dxsxhxcx
05-11-2012, 03:07 PM

if AC3 is what you say it is then what the other games were to the people who were on the other side of the fence (the ones killed by Altair and Ezio)?! I don't remember any of them complaining that their people were being killed left and right by the assassins, then why should the british in this case receive special treatment?!

I bet you didn't think twice before start a killstreak and kill as many italians as you could in AC2/B for example...

Steww-
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
In my opinion, anyone claiming (at this stage) that the game will be too anti-British needs to go play an AC game again.
Quoting from the copyright thread:" 36. A recurring theme in the Assassin’s Creed video games and books is a
battle between good and evil"
If anything at all, I think this is an extremely minor theme. Ubisoft don't do simple good vs evil. They love grey-areas. Trust them.

freddie_1897
05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
if AC3 is what you say it is then what the other games were to the people who were on the other side of the fence (the ones killed by Altair and Ezio)?! I don't remember any of them complaining that their people were being killed left and right by the assassins, then why should the british in this case receive special treatment?!

I bet you didn't think twice before start a killstreak and kill as many italians as you could in AC2/B for example...
well in the first game you are killing people from both sides but they aren't all made out to be bad, the templars are on both sides like AC3 but Altair wasn't fighting on one particular side, he was fighting for his own side and didn't take part in the crusades at all.

in the second game you are playing as a character who associates himself with being, and is italian. Connor may be half british, but he associates himself with the native americans and considers himself to be one. plus the borgia and the soldiers in AC2 were hated by the italian people as well. I'm sure most of the AC fans from italy would rather fight for the people against the Borgia oppressors, than the other way round.

in AC3 I have no problem with killing redcoats as long as they show a certain amount of respect towards the ordinary soldiers, the higher ranking officers can burn in hell for being oppressive but the ordinary soldier was usually a desperate man from Britain trying to pay for his family back in Britain who were usually starving and living in poverty, these soldiers only joined because it was their only way of looking after their loved ones, so i'd like Ubisoft not to make the normal soldiers out to be evil, but as good people, at least most of them were good anyway.

people have this tendency to find a dividing line between people and the soldiers in AC games, people=good, soldier=bad, i'd like ubisoft to rub out this line and make the soldiers more human, and this goes for the soldiers on both sides of the war

eagleforlife1
05-11-2012, 04:39 PM

In AC1 we assassinated Israelis, Syrians and other nationalities. In AC2 there were only Italians to be assassinated. In ACB we assassinated Spaniards, Italians and French people. In ACR there were only Turks to be assassinated. But in AC3 despite America being a country at the time full of not only redcoats but colonials, Germans, French, Dutch and many others the only screens and videos we have been shown is the merciless slaughter of the redcoats.

eagleforlife1
05-11-2012, 04:49 PM
What I don't get is why is Israel Putnam wearing a redcoat uniform?

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
In AC1 we assassinated Israelis, Syrians and other nationalities. In AC2 there were only Italians to be assassinated. In ACB we assassinated Spaniards, Italians and French people. In ACR there were only Turks to be assassinated. But in AC3 despite America being a country at the time full of not only redcoats but colonials, Germans, French, Dutch and many others the only screens and videos we have been shown is the merciless slaughter of the redcoats.
I dont remember me killing any Israelis, I only remember the Syrians and Europeans..

freddie_1897
05-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I dont remember me killing any Israelis, I only remember the Syrians and Europeans..
we were in Jerusalem and Acre, both of which are cities in Israel, killing Israelis is taken for granted

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 06:35 PM
we were in Jerusalem and Acre, both of which are cities in Israel, killing Israelis is taken for granted
Yeah but I was killing Arabs in Jerusalem and Europeans in Acre, not exactly Israelis, but I get your point..

True_Assassin92
05-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I can die happy once I've completed the game in November :')

Do not wish for it... These tend to become true LOL :D

Black_Widow9
05-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Favorite parts-
Connor running through the building
Parkouring the rock wall
Chain assassinations!

I can't wait!

playassassins1
05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Favorite parts-
Connor running through the building

Will that be one animation or will you control it yourself?

serjro2012
05-12-2012, 06:01 PM
all the details about the game put together into a pretty cool review:
http://bit.ly/J7SEPx

GunnarGunderson
05-12-2012, 06:53 PM
The game looks ridiculously easy from the trailer. I wish Ubisoft (and every other developer) would focus on the actual gameplay in trailers instead of cool animations

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
The game looks ridiculously easy from the trailer. I wish Ubisoft (and every other developer) would focus on the actual gameplay in trailers instead of cool animations
Trailer Purpose = Show-off
Purpose fulfilled HAW YOU DOIN` ??!!

pacmanate
05-12-2012, 08:00 PM

So you would prefer a gameplay trailer where Connor gets the crap beat out of him? Then a desynched screen? Then a respawn?

eagleforlife1
05-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Btw, at PAX were any 100% synch boxes shown? I would imagine the 100% synch for the Pitcairn assassination mission is to kill him with some kind of firearms.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
So you would prefer a gameplay trailer where Connor gets the crap beat out of him? Then a desynched screen? Then a respawn?
LMAO! that was a good one.

pacmanate
05-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Will that be one animation or will you control it yourself?

If I'm honest, I don't think we will actually be able to do it. The footage of THAT building I think was the one where Connor was either chasing someone or evading guards and he could take alternate routes. I don't know if it was part of a mission but if it was, that route would of been scripted. As for the would you control it bit, I am going to say no. Because it would kind of be stupid to stay in that little top room. BUT then again they did say you can go inside of buildings.......

Short answer, no one really knows!

But it was probably scripted.

LMAO! that was a good one.

*Bows*

roostersrule2
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
If I'm honest, I don't think we will actually be able to do it. The footage of THAT building I think was the one where Connor was either chasing someone or evading guards and he could take alternate routes. I don't know if it was part of a mission but if it was, that route would of been scripted. As for the would you control it bit, I am going to say no. Because it would kind of be stupid to stay in that little top room. BUT then again they did say you can go inside of buildings.......

But it was probably scripted.

*Bows*
I agree it's probably scripted but I can't see them making something that noticeable and cool a off one of event it doesnt make sense.

GLHS
05-13-2012, 12:42 PM
It's just like how he runs through trees, ducks under fallen ones, and automatically hides behind a corner for cover. It's an automatic interaction with the environment. I don't see what the big deal is. I'd rather have it like that then have to push a button every time. Much more fluid and realistic that way.

pacmanate
05-13-2012, 07:56 PM
It's just like how he runs through trees, ducks under fallen ones, and automatically hides behind a corner for cover. It's an automatic interaction with the environment. I don't see what the big deal is. I'd rather have it like that then have to push a button every time. Much more fluid and realistic that way.

I hope its not, I hope we have the option to vault over stuff at will too, not just go under everything

Lass4r
05-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I hope its not, I hope we have the option to vault over stuff at will too, not just go under everything
I think it's confirmed that we'll have that freedom =)

ProletariatPleb
05-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't think it's forced, they said it's an OPTION that we can slide...like while running..tap button to slide...for example..in Revelations we can either just run past a scaffolding or press the tackle button to break it..something like that.

TorQue1988
05-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Is it just me, or the soldiers in the trailer are yelling/moaning in a very awkward way?

freddie_1897
05-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Is it just me, or the soldiers in the trailer are yelling/moaning in a very awkward way?
have you heard people die before? maybe that's the noise they make

Assassin_M
05-14-2012, 10:27 PM
have you heard people die before? maybe that's the noise they make
Death is a myth, it doesn't exist..

GLHS
05-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't think it's forced, they said it's an OPTION that we can slide...like while running..tap button to slide...for example..in Revelations we can either just run past a scaffolding or press the tackle button to break it..something like that.

omg....you just said button without it bleeping! they fixed it!

Moultonborough
05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Death is a myth, it doesn't exist..

Thank You for that. Funniest thing I've seen for awhile. Now, as to the trailer I thought it was good. I like the amount of detail, kill animations, Connor going through the building and his voice.

eagleforlife1
05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Thank You for that. Funniest thing I've seen for awhile.

Watch some comedy :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Watch some comedy :nonchalance:
He knows better..

Moultonborough
05-15-2012, 09:33 PM
He knows better..

Your better than most comedy.;)

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Your better than most comedy.;)
:o

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Topic please ;)

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Topic please ;)
Oh Yes Sorry

Mr_Shade
05-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Thank You..

Many official topics, such as this are used to report back on what the community thinks about certain things [as well as the many user generated threads] so if we can keep them clutter free - it makes reporting back a lot easier - and I don't miss important comments ;)

Assassin_M
05-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Thank You..

Many official topics, such as this are used to report back on what the community thinks about certain things [as well as the many user generated threads] so if we can keep them clutter free - it makes reporting back a lot easier - and I don't miss important comments ;)
Really ?
Hey Ubi can you hear me ?
The Gameplay Trailer was Awesome, keep doing what you`re doing ;)

Mr_Shade
05-16-2012, 12:19 AM
They already know :P

Black_Widow9
05-16-2012, 09:52 AM
They already know :P
You weren't supposed to tell! :p

Moultonborough
05-17-2012, 04:54 AM
You weren't supposed to tell! :p

Doesn't matter. Now they know they will have to up the quality even more to "wow" us. Keep on looking Ubisoft the more they do the better it gets for us.

brick177
05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Bravo! The fluidity of the combat looks amazing and the grittiness of colonial America is spot on!

A bit of history for those feeling sorry for the Redcoats. The colonials mostly mustered non-uniformed militia (44,500) especially in the early part of the war. These people were untrained and would grab their hunting rifle and engage the British regulars in a disorderly fashion in the field and then go home after the battle. The colonials trained some regulars by later in the war, called Continentals (bluecoats I guess?) and had a strength of 35,000 at the height of the war. But again, this was for battle. The British regulars (redcoats) were the most deadly fighting force in the world at the time and numbered 56,000 in the colonies. The redcoats exclusively guarded port cities as well (the colonials were never engaged in policing, they were only mustered for battle) so, historically, the only combatants that would be policing the cities are going to be the British Regulars.

Also. The West India Trading Company hired redcoats to protect their assets in the New World, so not every Redcoat is an Imperial Soldier, some are hired guns.

And in the end, if you still don't feel like killing imperial soldiers, you can always run and hide, because they are surely going to try to kill you.

freddie_1897
05-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Bravo! The fluidity of the combat looks amazing and the grittiness of colonial America is spot on!

A bit of history for those feeling sorry for the Redcoats. The colonials mostly mustered non-uniformed militia (44,500) especially in the early part of the war. These people were untrained and would grab their hunting rifle and engage the British regulars in a disorderly fashion in the field and then go home after the battle. The colonials trained some regulars by later in the war, called Continentals (bluecoats I guess?) and had a strength of 35,000 at the height of the war. But again, this was for battle. The British regulars (redcoats) were the most deadly fighting force in the world at the time and numbered 56,000 in the colonies. The redcoats exclusively guarded port cities as well (the colonials were never engaged in policing, they were only mustered for battle) so, historically, the only combatants that would be policing the cities are going to be the British Regulars.

Also. The West India Trading Company hired redcoats to protect their assets in the New World, so not every Redcoat is an Imperial Soldier, some are hired guns.

And in the end, if you still don't feel like killing imperial soldiers, you can always run and hide, because they are surely going to try to kill you.
until you've got past that stage and the 'bluecoats' take over that city

deskpe
06-06-2012, 05:33 AM

We do know, they have said that after you climb in the window the rest of the movement inside is automatic.

Azizur
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm still sceptical. As so many have said, Ubi have said we'll be killing targets on both sides, and yet all we've seen so far is Connor killing the British. So when are we going to see him take down some colonials?