PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - World Gameplay Premiere Trailer!

Pages : [1] 2

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 04:24 PM
The long wait (of two days) has finally ended! Here we can all watch the new trailer in all of its awesome glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ke_1yd1nAE

berserker134
05-10-2012, 04:30 PM
meh it was good

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Oooohhhh myyyyy gawwwwd dis is soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josegtx13
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
That was... beautiful

Although, I just wish the trailer was longer.

Aphex_Tim
05-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Looks cool but i'm hearing a lot of "standard" sound effects. :p
Let's hope they'll change that.

Deltasparkz
05-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Epic

Mr_Shade
05-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Don't forget the gameplay is pre- alpha, so somethings may change before release ;)

It gives you some idea of the gameplay you can expect though ;)

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I love Connors voice! The footage shown sounds like what EscoBlades and Shade got to see too.

Will_Lucky
Looks fluid, the animations look incredible in it.

misterB2001
The part where he jumps through the building looks awesome!

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I thought it as a sick joke when I saw the trailer !!!!!!!!! :( wtf lmao....but now, I see.

BK-110
05-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I really looks great. Loving the chase-breaking through the windows. One thing worries me though, enemies still seem to stand around waiting too much. Well, we'll see how it turns out.

Gil_217
05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
That was beyond horrible!

All of that build up for that crap? Seriously Ubisoft?? And you call that showing gameplay?? GTFO

BBALive
05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Fantastic trailer. Looks very good considering it is pre-alpha. They have a lot of time to polish it now.

kalo.yanis
05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I got a really bad "America, RAH RAH!" vibe from that trailer, which ruined it a bit for me. Also, I know this is pre-alpha, but sheesh, those graphics look barely any better than Revelations.

TBH, the only impressive thing about that trailer is the fluidity of the animation. Colour me underwhelmed.

I was more excited for Revelations.

Mr_Shade
05-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I love Connors voice! The footage shown sounds like what EscoBlades and Shade got to see too.
It is..

Some really cool bits, made into an amazing trailer ;)

They can't show too much, else you won't have any surprises ;)

Hopefully you can pick out some of the parts we gushed over..

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Not again.... People expected too much from a pre-alpha build.

DylanJosh9
05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Waaah I totally ***zed at the part where he jumps in the house

RzaRecta357
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Nt sure what everyone expected. I have a total ac3 bone at work after watching that though.

stingray10
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Hmmmmmm, apart from graphics it is shaping up to be ok.

1.07 *Gets puke bucket*

RzaRecta357
05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Hmm. I don't see his lip scar. Shame.

kalo.yanis
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I hope they have something more interesting to show at E3, because I was much more excited when I saw the pre-release gameplay of the Greek fire memory last year.

Still not digging the location or the fact that he was mass-murdering redcoats - then said he would fight outsiders regardless of allegiance - and proceded to continue killing redcoats... and a bear.

ace3001
First impression: Graphics are disappointing. It also gives me the impression that a large majority of this game's story will take place in the wilderness rather than balancing out between wilderness and city, and that's a shame cause the bits of the city action they showed was rather promising. All in all, can't decide whether this is gonna be a hit or not yet.

misterB2001
Yet again peoples expectations leave them feeling underwhelmed. Then they try and blame Ubisoft!

I think it's shaping up very nicely indeed, can't wait for e3 to see it in all it's glory.

Dtanobo
05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I think it looks fantastic! Graphics are solid for a pre-alpha build and open world dynamic game. Combat looks crazy and the voice actor seems just right! The climbing looks great and the inhouse chasebreak was awesome! The only thing I wanted to see is a sequenced tree climbing moment to see the dynamic animations since it's one of the biggest things for me but still, a great trailer! I especially loved the assassinate and run bit at the end. Can't wait till E3 now...

ace3001
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Yet again peoples expectations leave them feeling underwhelmed. Then they try and blame Ubisoft!

I think it's shaping up very nicely indeed, can't wait for e3 to see it in all it's glory.
Myself, I'm only disappointed in the graphics department. And that is because I based my expectations on ACR. ACR (PC version, at least) looked better than this.

LightRey
Me gusta.

kalo.yanis
Well, I do believe I am not alone in saying that, for a major release, AC3 does have some large expectations to meet. Plus, it's been in development for 2 years now.

RzaRecta357
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
The animation and graphics system is awesome. People, it's an alpha build. The final touches on looks will come like a month or two before the game goes gold.

Locopells
05-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I got a really bad "America, RAH RAH!" vibe from that trailer, which ruined it a bit for me.

Would have to go with that a little bit I'm afraid, though he does talk about fighting enemies whatever their allegiance which rather balances the "truly free" line put over shots of the US flag...

Otherwise - TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME!!! And stop complaining about quality on a compressed YouTube video of a pre-Alpha build...

Dtanobo
First impression: Graphics are disappointing. It also gives me the impression that a large majority of this game's story will take place in the wilderness rather than balancing out between wilderness and city, and that's a shame cause the bits of the city action they showed was rather promising. All in all, can't decide whether this is gonna be a hit or not yet.

How can you gather the time spent in each portion of the location that from a 2 minute trailer? To each their own opinion but the big change is the frontier so they're showing it off the most since we've all seen the cities in action from previous games.

BBALive

A third of the game takes place in the Wilderness.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
graphics are almost never a top priority when making a game, they leave that till the end. The engine, animations, gameplay mechanics, etc etc. come first, then the graphics. It's a lot easier that way when making a game.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Has it occurred that they might just have also, in some tacit way, gave away a small leak as to how MP will be like? I remember playing AC:B beta and once I saw how the blending with the crowd mechanics changed from the previous game; I figured that it would be the same style of blending that would be in the SP campaign. What I am trying to ask is, what if the MP characters will also be able to assassinate targets as fluidly as Connor ? or will they have the old mechanics just so Desmond has that upper hand of skill, thus making Desmond the ultimate assassin?

BBALive
05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't understand how people can say the graphics are bad. They're clearly better than Revelations, if only by a little.

kalo.yanis
05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Thing is, though, they've just got several months left out of what's a nearly 3-year-long development cycle. By now, the graphics should have been looking better. During the final months they mainly do bug fixing and graphics fine-tuning but nothing major in the visual department.

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Thing is, though, they've just got several months left out of what's a nearly 3-year-long development cycle. By now, the graphics should have been looking better. During the final months they mainly do bug fixing and graphics fine-tuning but nothing major in the visual department.

You are forgetting that what we just saw was PRE Alpha stuff.... For all we know, it could be the bug testing version that they finished making end of last year

BBALive
05-10-2012, 05:15 PM

A longer development cycle doesn't magically break the graphical limits of modern day video games, especially on consoles. They can only push it so far in a huge game like Assassin's Creed (The biggest AC game to date). With the added things like snow (Possibly the best I've seen in a video game) and rendering huge amounts of NPCs on screen at one time, as well as console limitations, they can't push the graphics to the point you think they can. Even so, they have improved the graphics. The game does look better than Revelations. Taking all of the graphical improvements into account, it's a much better looking game.

Steww-
05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I hope they have something more interesting to show at E3, because I was much more excited when I saw the pre-release gameplay of the Greek fire memory last year.

Still not digging the location or the fact that he was mass-murdering redcoats - then said he would fight outsiders regardless of allegiance - and proceded to continue killing redcoats... and a bear.

While that particular video was quite pro-American, I don't think there's any need to doubt Ubisoft's ability to create a 'grey-zone'. Look at their track record so far - in every AC game.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I got a really bad "America, RAH RAH!" vibe from that trailer, which ruined it a bit for me. Also, I know this is pre-alpha, but sheesh, those graphics look barely any better than Revelations.

TBH, the only impressive thing about that trailer is the fluidity of the animation. Colour me underwhelmed.

wow really, in 720p it looks amazing. at 1:24, if you pause it, the graphic are wayyyy better then revelations.

as for the America rah rah part, its about the american revolution. of course it's going to be more about how they were right, and they were. But if your acting annoyed because this game is going to more about the Americans then get over it. In that time the Americans were just as British as the redcoats.

i'm looking forward to this game :)

DylanJosh9
05-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Well after seeing the lackluster graphics in the trailer we can be absolutely sure that the screenshots they released earlier were VERY HEAVILY touched up.

Steww-
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
And people wonder why they didn't show us gameplay earlier :/

OriginalMiles
05-10-2012, 05:21 PM
His voice, it's wonderful! Sounds like Brock from PokÚmon, is it?
Any way, was that a rope dart I see?
EPIC!

cless711
05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
*facepalm* Are graphics really that important? I don't see what everyone else sees about them. To me they seem fine, but I'm not picky at all for graphics. I dunno lol, just saddening to see that some people need graphics to play a game.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Hmm. I don't see his lip scar. Shame.

he doesn't have it, instead he has scars in his side of his face. Like a animal scratch.

No thank you, Revelations E3 trailer although nice. Was not very Assassin like, it was more like lets just show the fans something flashy to get their attention. And get over it man, the assassins are more on the colonists side because they are fighting for freedom, the colonists were still british. So who cares if Connor mainly kills redcoats.

idk what's with people saying the graphics are bad, they look amazing. And this was a pre-alpha. Which means they have most likely finished the alpha by now, and have about 6 months for polishing. I guess they're saying that because of the few parts where the fog/dust scenes but when looking at the city parts and winter scenes the game looks great.

playassassins1
*facepalm* are graphics really that important? I don't see what everyone else sees about them. To me they seem fine, but i'm not picky at all for graphics. I dunno lol, just saddening to see that some people need graphics to play a game.

this!!!

SaintPerkele
Hate me or not, but I'm disappointed. Not because of the graphics, I thought they were pretty good, but mainly because I was expecting something entirely new, never-before seen and all we got was parts of the press-gameplay demo sticked together. If it would have at least been the full demo, but no. 2 minutes of smaller scenes.

Also, even though I doubt that the game will be that "AMERICA RAH RAH" as someone mentioned earlier, the American flag with "truly free" was ridiculously patriotic. I hope that this is only for publicity. The "no matter where their allegiances are" (or something along those lines) part almost gave me confidence, and then that scene...

What really impressed me though was the huge amount of NPCs displayed simultaniously, fantastic. Also, I enjoyed the few Boston scenes, even though they all seemed to be in the very same location. Cities are still one of the most important aspects of AC to me and I can't wait to see more of this.

BBALive
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Hate me or not, but I'm disappointed. Not because of the graphics, I thought they were pretty good, but mainly because I was expecting something entirely new, never-before seen and all we got was parts of the press-gameplay demo sticked together. If it would have at least been the full demo, but no. 2 minutes of smaller scenes.

Also, even though I doubt that the game will be that "AMERICA RAH RAH" as someone mentioned earlier, the American flag with "truly free" was ridiculously patriotic. I hope that this is only for publicity. The "no matter where their allegiances are" (or something along those lines) part almost gave me confidence, and then that scene...

What really impressed me though was the huge amount of NPCs displayed simultaniously, fantastic. Also, I enjoyed the few Boston scenes, even though they all seemed to be in the very same location. Cities are still one of the most important aspects of AC to me and I can't wait to see more of this.

They're most likely going to show the whole demo at E3, which is why it was just a trailer rather than the whole thing.

kalo.yanis
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Guys, I am fully aware that Ubisoft is able to pull off a grey zone and not be partial to either the Colonists or the Brits in the game, but the trailer's editing seemed to suggest otherwise. Comments on gaming sites seem to be proving my point.

Also, when I say the graphics looked bad, I mainly meant character graphics (the environment was OK). While I understand they are going to be bringing lots more NPC's to the screen, they shouldn't sacrifice individual detailing so much. The skin shading looked appalling compared to Revelations. And I hope the textures looked subpar because of video compression.

Come on, how can you not be at least slightly disappointed by the graphics with games like Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock and pretty much all other RPG's/action-adventure/FPS games out on the market or coming soon that look fantastic.

Mr_Shade

Well the footage is New to most people..

If you were lucky to see the press footage, you already know how awesome it is.. :)

Well after seeing the lackluster graphics in the trailer we can be absolutely sure that the screenshots they released earlier were VERY HEAVILY touched up.
Or they are from the PC version, since that's often used for print, due to the higher resolution and detail levels PCs are capable of..

I don't think it was ever said they were console?

The trailer is console footage though..

ace3001
wow really, in 720p it looks amazing. at 1:24, if you pause it, the graphic are wayyyy better then revelations.

Not really. AC3 trailer 1:24, city view at an angle (http://i.imgur.com/h6Nph.jpg) vs ACR, random angled shot (http://i.imgur.com/AX7xM.jpg)
I know it's hard to compare like this, but there's some solid clarity in ACR (even ACR trailers had that clarity) that AC3 seems to lack.

NightGhost1994
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Awesome
And now you can enter buildings... WOW
New moves
Incredible work Ubi.

johnnyhayek
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
The part where he runs and assassinates 2 soldiers before killing that captain on the horse is epic

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
I love that they showed the running and killing at the same time thing, looked awesome!

Sick_one12
05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
seriously people,what the hell are your problems with the graphics....?:(( ive watched the trailer in 720p and im blown away:D

BBALive
05-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Not really. AC3 trailer 1:24, city view at an angle (http://i.imgur.com/h6Nph.jpg) vs ACR, random angled shot (http://i.imgur.com/AX7xM.jpg)
I know it's hard to compare like this, but there's some solid clarity in ACR (even ACR trailers had that clarity) that AC3 seems to lack.

>Comparing PC screenshots to console gameplay on Youtube.

I didn't think people could be this stupid.

SaintPerkele
05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Watch the trailer in 720p and don't enlarge it, it gives you a much better impression of what the graphics will be like. From what I can tell, the graphics improved quite a lot, especially the scene you screened shows some great shading and a great depth. Although ACR had some great graphics, they were always sort of 'grainy' if you know what I mean.

Taffy_17
05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Good to see their opening the world back up to what it was like in AC 1 and 2... The new combat looks alot better aswell!
Very Excited!

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 05:44 PM

the picture you took of AC3 wasn't completely clear, also you do know that footage you are comparing is a pre-alpha to a finished product. and too me when i'm looking at the video itself, without expanding it so that the graphics are diminished like you did, it looks better to me. even at 1:22 the graphics look better, character model wise, but the water does look... odd.

Guys, I am fully aware that Ubisoft is able to pull off a grey zone and not be partial to either the Colonists or the Brits in the game, but the trailer's editing seemed to suggest otherwise. Comments on gaming sites seem to be proving my point.

Also, when I say the graphics looked bad, I mainly meant character graphics (the environment was OK). While I understand they are going to be bringing lots more NPC's to the screen, they shouldn't sacrifice individual detailing so much. The skin shading looked appalling compared to Revelations. And I hope the textures looked subpar because of video compression.

Come on, how can you not be at least slightly disappointed by the graphics with games like Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock and pretty much all other RPG's/action-adventure/FPS games out on the market or coming soon that look fantastic.

why is it so important that you have to kill the same amount of colonials as redcoats? why can't you just be happy with the story, in which they are trying to keep as realistic as possible and that goes with their games (assassins) belief. We play as an assassin fighting for freedom, so why would we help redcoats who's leaders are trying to force control on colonists?

to me certain parts the character graphics looked fogged while other parts it look pretty **** good. When Connor is running away from the redcoats at the port to when he runs in the window. Tomb Raider is a meh for me, all of it graphics and gameplay, i'm waiting for e3 to decide. I don't care at all for bioshock and and Uncharted is nice. But its a linear game, you can't compare a open world game with 2,000 NPCs and what not to a game that has you stay on one path where you only see a top of 30 npcs on screen at once. I can admit that bioshock does look nice, and tomb raider is somewhat nice. I want to see it in the sun. But as for a pre-alpha that they most likely finished recently and have 6 months left i'm not worried at all.

Also AC2 when they first showed the demo of it looked ugly to me, it was a HUGE step down from AC1. And till ACR (at some moments) AC1 was the best graphics wise imo. But if they can make AC2 go from super ugly to pretty nice i'm sure they can make really nice go to amazing when they have 6 months left.

CrazySN
05-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Omg, everything in that trailer was awesome, especially the music. I hope the music in the trailer is like Connor's theme or something, because it sounds just as badass as Ezio's theme.

ace3001
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM
seriously people,what the hell are your problems with the graphics....?:(( ive watched the trailer in 720p and im blown away:DMust be the 720p low-res-ness getting to me. Why can't they put the trailer out in 1080p? Not like Youtube has disk space issues or something! :P

rain89c
05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
eh...its okay, not mind blowing..
On once scene you still see r3tard AI is present, connor is meleeing through a bunch of rifle holding men who just stand there yet again while he hacks through them 1 by 1.
.guess I'll be canceling my pre-order. so much hype..

kalo.yanis
05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Like I said, I'm reserving my judgement till E3.
For now, I have to agree with some of the comments on Kotaku and Joystiq - more of the same, but with more fluid animations. And vast expanses of empty wilderness, as opposed to carefully constructed and ornate cities (see: AC1 and AC2). I'd like to see more of the cities, please, because the more they show the frontier, the more "meh" it becomes. They're draining the novelty.

EDIT: @Pdavis3 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/536280-Pdavis3):
When I was comparing AC3 to Uncharted 3, Bioshock Infinite and the new Tomb Raider, I meant it graphics-wise. Seriously, go and have a look at some pre-alpha gamplay there.

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
>Comparing PC screenshots to console gameplay on Youtube.

I think thats not the case, the shot from the trailer was in the middle of action and camera was moving. The one from ACR, was a random shot out of action, so the camera wasn't moving.

And honestly, I thought that the shot from the trailer was more realistic.

So I might be wrong, but thats my opinion.

OriginalMiles
05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
eh...its okay, not mind blowing...guess I'll be canceling my pre-order. so much hype..
Is it because of the graphics, hmm?

notafanboy
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
i don┤t get all of the fuss about the graphics, it looks awesome (some parts looked a bit weird though)

BBALive
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I think thats not the case, the shot from the trailer was in the middle of action and camera was moving. The one from ACR, was a random shot out of action, so the camera wasn't moving.

And honestly, I thought that the shot from the trailer was more realistic.

So I might be wrong, but thats my opinion.

...It's still a comparison of PC graphics straight from the game vs. Console graphics with an addition of video compression

SleezeRocker
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
So that's Hawke's voice?
I imagined it be deeper but eh sounds cool!
So we got to see Hawke go Jason Bourne through that apartment hahaha! Im going to enjoying trolling citizens like that :D
The Sawtooth Sword looks neat though!

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM
The American flag with the "freedom" talk was a bit much. I would hope they won't overuse the "America, f-- yeah" angle in their marketing too much in the coming months, but that's probably a foolish expectation.

That aside, while I was hoping for more realistic gameplay instead of a bunch of cut scenes pasted together, I'm pleased with the footage so far.

Things I loved:

-Connor's hood moves when he turns his head
-Running through the house looked amazing, holy sheez. :eek: Even if it's a scripted cut scene, that's some darn fluid animation right there.
-The rope dart. I had my doubts about it initially but it looks like it might turn out to be more fun than I thought.
-Snow is falling from the trees as Connor moves through them.
-Some of Connor's kill animations, especially at the end.

Things I'm not so crazy about/could be improved:

-The devs claimed all of Connor's movements are different from the previous ancestors but quite a few looked the same to me, especially the way he crawls on tree branches.
-The crowd still seems largely unmoved by watching a guy drive a tomahawk into a soldier's skull in the middle of the street. Seriously, nobody ever thinks of running away instead of standing there stone-faced?
-Connor wading through the snow looked a bit weird. They cut away pretty quickly so I couldn't see how it might look in a proper walk cycle animation.
-The soldiers still don't look like they're intelligent enough to attack in groups instead of waiting for their turn. It could just be the way the trailer was made, though.

Overall, I have a more positive than negative feeling about this trailer. I hope we'll get a proper demo at E3 so we can finally see how Connor really moves and fights.

morpheusPrime08
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Here we go again, I thought the red coat thing was squashed, so I guess Russians should feel the same way since they are the bad guys in every game?

ace3001
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
the picture you took of AC3 wasn't completely clear, also you do know that footage you are comparing is a pre-alpha to a finished product. and too me when i'm looking at the video itself, without expanding it so that the graphics are diminished like you did, it looks better to me. even at 1:22 the graphics look better, character model wise, but the water does look... odd.
I just paused at 1:24 and took a screenshot with MPC:HC. That is not expanded. Just the proper 720p resolution. But of course, it could be like that because of the low quality of the video and the camera movement making things blurry.

Originally Posted by BBALive http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/UbiTheme/****ons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8302851#post8302851) >Comparing PC screenshots to console gameplay on Youtube.

That was primarily an argument against "the graphic are wayyyy better then revelations". And trailers are usually better looking than finished console products.

rain89c
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Is it because of the graphics, hmm?
Not just the graphics, the gameplay footage just doesn't wow me, it looks pretty much the same as previous AC games, with the same braindead AI. The interior cityscape does not look lively at all, and the cities set during this era just looks too modern for an Assassins Creed game, which I find a disappointment.

The only thing that really captured me was the new parkour animations, when he goes through the interior of a house. That looked pretty sweet, but it does look scripted... so...Im not so sure.

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm going dark.... I've had enough of the trolls invading the forums...

OriginalMiles
05-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Not just the graphics, the gameplay footage just doesn't wow me, it looks pretty much the same as previous AC games, with the same braindead AI. The interior cityscape does not look lively at all, and the cities set during this era just looks too modern for an Assassins Creed game, which I find a disappointment.

The only thing that really captured me was the new parkour animations, when he goes through the interior of a house. That looked pretty sweet, but it does look scripted... so...Im not so sure.
It's a bit too early to judge the AI isn't it though, we won't know 'till the Demo and/or release.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I just paused at 1:24 and took a screenshot with MPC:HC. That is not expanded. Just the proper 720p resolution. But of course, it could be like that because of the low quality of the video and the camera movement making things blurry.
That was primarily an argument against "the graphic are wayyyy better then revelations". And trailers are usually better looking than finished console products.

I still think that there are a lot of scenes that look better then ACR imo. i just re-watched the e3 demo for ACR and i'm still for AC3 on this. Even the physics on AC3 look so much better. Sorry to say but i'm still saying AC3 looks better, imo. and it's only going to get better.

evil9494
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics OHH STOP IT. It is the STORY that is in count, it is pre-alpha, and the graphics are great actually (BF3 fans). The moves of Connor are entirely new, the crowd in the city is reacting on your clothes as an Assassins looking at you like a different person. Epic snow, creating the game more strategic (you can see that someone has left steps and tail him). Incredible walking in the deep snow he looks so real. The hood the clothes are reacting like they have Physx (but they have not it's from the new engine). You have an entire Army in front of you for the first time in-game (not on cut-scene or...). The clothes can be dirty (like in MGS3). The music is great again. The new system killing without stopping on your way to your target. Seasons in a game (in winter the rivers freeze) and on and on. AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN. What the hell is wrong with you people there are so many NEW features for THE WHOLE GAMING.

Just don't talk because people will laugh at you.

SleezeRocker
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
-The crowd still seems largely unmoved by watching a guy drive a tomahawk into a soldier's skull in the middle of the street. Seriously, nobody ever thinks of running away instead of standing there stone-faced?

Frozen with fear? That be my guess ;)

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics OHH STOP IT. It is the STORY that is in count, it is pre-alpha, and the graphics are great actually (BF3 fans). The moves of Connor are entirely new, the crowd in the city is reacting on your clothes as an Assassins looking at you like a different person. Epic snow, creating the game more strategic (you can see that someone has left steps and tail him). Incredible walking in the deep snow he looks so real. The hood the clothes are reacting like they have Physx (but they have not it's from the new engine). You have an entire Army in front of you for the first time in-game (not on cut-scene or...). The clothes can be dirty (like in MGS3). The music is great again. The new system killing without stopping on your way to your target. Seasons in a game (in winter the rivers freeze) and on and on. AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN. What the hell is wrong with you people there are so many NEW features for THE WHOLE GAMING.

this

BBALive
05-10-2012, 06:08 PM
The American flag with the "freedom" talk was a bit much. I would hope they won't overuse the "America, f-- yeah" angle in their marketing too much in the coming months, but that's probably a foolish expectation.

That aside, while I was hoping for more realistic gameplay instead of a bunch of cut scenes pasted together, I'm pleased with the footage so far.

Things I loved:

-Connor's hood moves when he turns his head
-Running through the house looked amazing, holy sheez. :eek: Even if it's a scripted cut scene, that's some darn fluid animation right there.
-The rope dart. I had my doubts about it initially but it looks like it might turn out to be more fun than I thought.
-Snow is falling from the trees as Connor moves through them.
-Some of Connor's kill animations, especially at the end.

Things I'm not so crazy about/could be improved:

-The devs claimed all of Connor's movements are different from the previous ancestors but quite a few looked the same to me, especially the way he crawls on tree branches.
-Connor wading through the snow looked a bit weird. They cut away pretty quickly so I couldn't see how it might look in a proper walk cycle animation.
-The soldiers still don't look like they're intelligent enough to attack in groups instead of waiting for their turn. It could just be the way the trailer was made, though.

Overall, I have a more positive than negative feeling about this trailer. I hope we'll get a proper demo at E3 so we can finally see how Connor really moves and fights.

They aren't cut-scenes. Also the 'scipted cut-scene' is a scripted event.
Sorry, pet peeve.

SaintPerkele
05-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Here we go again, I thought the red coat thing was squashed, so I guess Russians should feel the same way since they are the bad guys in every game?
It's not about your own nationality, even though I would understand it if Russians were offended. I'm German and I have no problem with WWII games, because portraying the Nazis as the evil guys is more than reasonable.
The American Revolution was all in all more of a grey area though. While England surely surpressed its colonies, the settlers slaughtered innocent Natives at the same time. And the British soldiers were certainly no evil guys intoxicated by propaganda.
Also, it's not just the fact that Connor is apparently only fighting for the Colonialists, as the trailer suggests; it's the way it is depicted: Brutally killing Redcoats, without any explanation (which is at least given in the full demo), talking about those who are truly free (although most likely meaning Assassins and not Americans), while the flag is waving in the background.

The Redcoart thing will be 'squashed', as soon as trailers or gameplay demos/screenshots suggest, that Connor is not just a patriotic American hero fighting against the evil, evil British guys; one developers saying that this would not be the case is not enough for me.

BBALive
05-10-2012, 06:09 PM

That's bull. CG trailers are better looking than finished products, not gameplay trailers. Video compression lowers quality and makes it look worse than it actually is.

SleezeRocker
05-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics OHH STOP IT. It is the STORY that counts, it is pre-alpha, and the graphics are great actually. AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN. What the hell is wrong with you people NEW WHOLE GAMING!

Yup!

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 06:12 PM
They aren't cut-scenes. Also the 'scipted cut-scene' is a scripted event.
Sorry, pet peeve.

Maybe not cut scenes in the traditional sense, but I'm not convinced that all this is unedited gameplay footage we're seeing. They may have used kill moves that are actually in the game, but some of it may have been prettified for the trailer, some characters may act differently than they would in the actual game because they've been coded to react more dynamically for good footage etc. That's why demos are always better than flashy trailers.

And yes, scripted event, sorry.

BBALive
05-10-2012, 06:14 PM

It's the gameplay that counts. Gameplay > Story > Graphics.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 06:18 PM

referring to the AI, you do know that realistically people wouldn't run in fear when they see their oppressors being killed. that's how i'm seeing until the e3 demo

It's not about your own nationality, even though I would understand it if Russians were offended. I'm German and I have no problem with WWII games, because portraying the Nazis as the evil guys is more than reasonable.
The American Revolution was all in all more of a grey area though. While England surely surpressed its colonies, the settlers slaughtered innocent Natives at the same time. And the British soldiers were certainly no evil guys intoxicated by propaganda.
Also, it's not just the fact that Connor is apparently only fighting for the Colonialists, as the trailer suggests; it's the way it is depicted: Brutally killing Redcoats, without any explanation (which is at least given in the full demo), talking about those who are truly free (although most likely meaning Assassins and not Americans), while the flag is waving in the background.

The Redcoart thing will be 'squashed', as soon as trailers or gameplay demos/screenshots suggest, that Connor is not just a patriotic American hero fighting against the evil, evil British guys; one developers saying that this would not be the case is not enough for me.

to all the people that think Connor is only on the Colonist side and won't even attack one of them, didn't the colonists kill his village and family?

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
referring to the AI, you do know that realistically people wouldn't run in fear when they see their oppressors being killed. that's how i'm seeing until the e3 demo

People react in all kinds of ways to surprising events. Some will freeze, some will run away. Most of them will at least show some emotion about what is happening in front of them. In the trailer the spectators look pretty uninterested in Connor performing these violent kills in front of them. Even if it's their oppressors being killed, they don't know who he is. He could just be a random madman going on a rampage, killing everyone indiscriminately. That would be reason enough for me to flee before he sees me standing there. The crowd AI in these scenes seems especially odd considering how much the devs have talked about them being more aware of their surroundings in this game. "Hmm, that guy just buried a hatchet in somebody's face. I wonder what's for dinner?"

TheHumanTowel
05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Does anyone else think Connor sounds like Altair in the first game? Maybe it's the same guy.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
As usual, people expected something they were never promised..
I wont judge until I have the game in my Console..nuff said.

Mr_Shade
05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Well it's always a risk showing early footage, however I hope most people enjoy it ;)

People wanted gameplay - so here you go ;)

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I think its brilliant, they are showing pre-alpha footage. Watch in 720p and then DONT change the screen size and it looks awesome. Granted when its full screen it looks like crap.

SleezeRocker
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Does anyone else think Connor sounds like Altair in the first game? Maybe it's the same guy.

This is somewhat offtopic but I don't where to put it (I can't on offtopic since it's AC related...somewhat):

alright this is going to sound VERY lame but....i had a dream of AC3 where I can see Connor was talking to other Assassins and they seemed like his Native friends/allies that are Assassins as well and they were going to the battlefield I suppose (the big war front I guess like the trailer) to do idk what and Connor's voice sounded like Altair from AC1.
Yes I know...very lame but I felt like typing it before I forget since im already having trouble trying to remember. The only clear thing I remember was that Connor's voice sounded like Altair from AC1 but I think supposedly Connor is going to be voiced by the actor of Brock/Kaiba so idk, just felt like sharing

And people thought I was on something lol

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 07:04 PM
People react in all kinds of ways to surprising events. Some will freeze, some will run away. Most of them will at least show some emotion about what is happening in front of them. In the trailer the spectators look pretty uninterested in Connor performing these violent kills in front of them. Even if it's their oppressors being killed, they don't know who he is. He could just be a random madman going on a rampage, killing everyone indiscriminately. That would be reason enough for me to flee before he sees me standing there. The crowd AI in these scenes seems especially odd considering how much the devs have talked about them being more aware of their surroundings in this game. "Hmm, that guy just buried a hatchet in somebody's face. I wonder what's for dinner?"

well either way i think it's too early to start bashing on the game like many of the people have been doing on this thread, maybe not in a abusive way but in a whining way, we'll see some better gameplay at e3 and more after a few months

SaintPerkele
05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
to all the people that think Connor is only on the Colonist side and won't even attack one of them, didn't the colonists kill his village and family?
I'm aware of that, it's just the footage we've seen so far suggests otherwise.

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 07:36 PM

How so? People expected gameplay, they were shown gameplay. Just because not everyone is equally happy with the footage doesn't mean they were expecting something they were never promised.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm aware of that, it's just the footage we've seen so far suggests otherwise.

the thing is your talking about a 2 minute trailer when the game might be 25+ hours long, people are overreacting and whining. It's a game, and we don't even know everything about it. So why doesn't every just stop complaining and wait till the game comes out and then continue the argument/discussion about this

freddie_1897
05-10-2012, 07:45 PM
does anyone else think that the part when connor says "no matter what their allegiance" they should have had footage of him killing a colonist? for the sole reason that i think that would have made the trailer a bit better.

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Arghhh, those games are ****ing annoying.
I always played AC because i don't wanna play those propaganda war games.
If AC becomes like this, they will have lost a day 1 AC fan :).

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
does anyone else think that the part when connor says "no matter what their allegiance" they should have had footage of him killing a colonist? for the sole reason that i think that would have made the trailer a bit better.

True, but the "freedom" speech with the American flag in the background made me kinda skeptical.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 07:51 PM

again like i said before, the only colonist i can imagine Connor killing are one that betray the fight (fight for freedom), ones that are attacking the innocent, or to kill the colonists that killed his family. Either way that would be spoilers so they shouldn't show that in a trailer. But the phrase he said would have worked perfectly for that.

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
The only that was missing..... Leap Of Faith, that would have made the trailer more epic, but it was already epic.

freddie_1897
05-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Russians aren't really hated at all in modern day society, all the horrible things they did were usually done by mad dictators, no one has a problem with them, or i don't anyway. But us British aren't very popular already, which is fair enough, you can't take over half of the world in a massive empire without making a few enemies, plus there are a lot of bad stereotypes about us, that's probably why some of us are worried, we don't want these stereotypes taken too out of proportion. i mean, have you seen the comments for the gameplay teaser trailer on youtube? i'm not joking, they are arguing about whether the English have bad teeth, i mean come on.

True, but the "freedom" speech with the American flag in the background made me kinda skeptical.

true, that was way, way to patriotic, i mean that was more cheesy than that line maria said once they'd gotten out of that passage in the beginning of ACB

Edit: sorry for the black text, i don't know how to change it

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Russians aren't really hated at all in modern day society, all the horrible things they did were usually done by mad dictators, no one has a problem with them, or i don't anyway. But us British aren't very popular already, which is fair enough, you can't take over half of the world in a massive empire without making a few enemies, plus there are a lot of bad stereotypes about us, that's probably why some of us are worried, we don't want these stereotypes taken too out of proportion. i mean, have you seen the comments for the gameplay teaser trailer on youtube? i'm not joking, they are arguing about whether the English have bad teeth, i mean come on.

**** those people :).
They don't know ****.Every country has corrupt people living in it. I'm Dutch but i'm not proud of my country AT ALL, i know the history of my country.
If your parents dropped you in an African tribe you would be dancing around a fire with paint on your face.
Nationality is just a word ( and a way to brainwash people).

Yohantheone
05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
@freddie_1897. Well i can tell you as a dane that i love both England/Uk and the English men :) On topic- I really liked the trailer, wauw!

freddie_1897
05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
**** those people :).
They don't know ****.Every country has corrupt people living in it. I'm Dutch but i'm not proud of my country AT ALL, i know the history of my country.
that being said i do have pretty bad teeth, got braces as well.

and all my pride for my country has been cleaned into the gutters by a man who calls himself Nick Clegg, and the fact were paying for an olympics most of the population didn't get tickets to is pretty bad as well.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
How so? People expected gameplay, they were shown gameplay. Just because not everyone is equally happy with the footage doesn't mean they were expecting something they were never promised.
People were expecting PS 4 graphics..

xXMrGR1NCHXx
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM
So many awesome things to see in this trailer. It looks so fast moving and epic, the Assassination chain looked awesome as well as running through the building. The combat looks OUTSTANDING.

Cannot wait longer. Throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Ubisoft claimed to have a next gen looking game on current gen systems. However we will not be able to judge this until we see proper footage. I just hope at E3 they have Alpha and not Pre Alpha. They need to give people a better indication of what the game looks like so the whining stops

Timeaus
05-10-2012, 08:10 PM
People need to understand that this is pre-alpha trailer, pre-alpha is one the earliest stage in game development. After pre-alpha you get alpha, beta, release candidate, then go gold. So i don't why people are complaining about the graphics, it looked great for pre-alpha. The trailer is so awesome, this is what the AC series needed. I freaking loved the new animations and physics. And Connor's voice is so badass, kinda remind me of Altair's voice in AC1. But Whatever If people are complaining about a trailer and saying that they're not going to buy the game because of a pre-alpha trailer, their losses. Less whiner playing the game and giving it a bad score, so I not going to try to argue with them ;)

De Filosoof
I liked the gameplay trailer except for the pro-American speech.

Assassin_M
I can still remember people raging here just last september when the first gameplay trailer for revelations was shown..
The Graphics are horrible, they said..
What part of "Pre-Alpha" do you people not understand ?

RzaRecta357
05-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Look at all the NPCs going at it on screen. That's the next gen part. The wind, the atmosphere and snow are all amazing.

Hell, the graphics are amazing seeing as its alpha footage and the final coats of paint aren't added till like the last month before the game goes gold.

Dense people! Relax!

notafanboy
05-10-2012, 08:18 PM
there are only two things that bothered me.
Number one.The fact that Connor talks about freedom and how awesome he is while zooming is on the american flag, it just seemed kinda out of place.
Number two, every one just watched as Connor ran and leaped into the air. I mean, there were like 10 guys there, atleast one of them must have had their musket loaded, other than that it looks ****ing awesome !

CrazySN
05-10-2012, 08:18 PM

For me, I'm actually more concerned about this game being more anti-American than anti-British. Assassin's Creed isn't really known for unpredictable plot-lines, at least, when it doesn't come up to such things as the pieces of eden and the ones who came before. I think it's very likely that the Americans will suddenly betray Connor and his Mohawk tribe at the end of the game, and will turn out to have sided with the Templars. If that does indeed happen, I will be very disappointed, since they have already demonized other US Presidents such as FDR and George W Bush, by making them Templars.

freddie_1897
05-10-2012, 08:22 PM
For me, I'm actually more concerned about this game being more anti-American than anti-British. Assassin's Creed isn't really known for unpredictable plot-lines, at least, when it doesn't come up to such things as the pieces of eden and the ones who came before. I think it's very likely that the Americans will suddenly betray Connor and his Mohawk tribe at the end of the game, and will turn out to have sided with the Templars. If that does indeed happen, I will be very disappointed, since they have already demonized other US Presidents such as FDR and George W Bush, by making them Templars.
i have a feeling that george Washington won't be a templar, but will remain an ally who will have then realised he has been betrayed by the other founding fathers, i don't think that all the colonists will be made to be templars in the end, but i certainly think that some of them will.

Timeaus
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Ubisoft claimed to have a next gen looking game on current gen systems. However we will not be able to judge this until we see proper footage. I just hope at E3 they have Alpha and not Pre Alpha. They need to give people a better indication of what the game looks like so the whining stops

I think they meant next-gen experience, that does not necessary mean graphics because there is little that they can do to improve the graphics on the current gen consoles, the graphic cards built into the current consoles can only do so much. People need to keep in mind that current console are very old hardware by now. Also trying to make the graphics look amazingly realistic mean that you don't have the freedom to do what you want with the gameplay and AI because they take up the processing power. But yeah people whine about everything nowadays, they are just never happy with what they got. No need to get worked up over this ( although it seemed like i kinda I am). Ok I'm done giving my rant :)

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 08:25 PM
there are only two things that bothered me.
Number one.The fact that Connor talks about freedom and how awesome he is while zooming is on the american flag, it just seemed kinda out of place.
Number two, every one just watched as Connor ran and leaped into the air. I mean, there were like 10 guys there, atleast one of them must have had their musket loaded

Actually someone did fire....

notafanboy
05-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Actually someone did fire....

2 guys yes, the rest just looked at him and hoped for the best

kriegerdesgottes
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Why are people complaining about this trailer? It looks incredible. I can not wait to get my hands on this game. It's going to be amazing.

Azurefeatherfly
05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I liked the gameplay trailer except for the pro-American speech.

53 seconds into the trailer, the guy dressed in red and smoking a cigar standing beside Connor could very well be a British Officer. It is not much, but it is the best we have at the moment.

naran6142
05-10-2012, 08:41 PM
i was actually uncontrollably yelling at my computer, it was so awesome... and that not event the finished product!

What really got me was actually seeing what the 2 handed combat looked like, looks awesome, nothing like weve had before

notafanboy
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Why are people complaining about this trailer? It looks incredible. I can not wait to get my hands on this game. It's going to be amazing.
this, even if you removed their goddang jaw they would still be able to drool on their key board and call you a ##### (mini rant over)

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM

Finally, someone who makes sense.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Finally, someone who makes sense.
Indeed..

rileypoole1234
05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
It was exactly what I pictured, and it was INCREDIBLE!!!

Timeaus
05-10-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm really glad that you can actually pick up a musket with bayonet and fight with it :)

Edit: Am I the only one who think that Bear looked amazingly detailed, better than what I expected.

berserker134
05-10-2012, 09:15 PM
the bear looked like a huge wolf

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I was surprised with the bear! It was quiet life like! Exceeded my expectations :P

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't know what the trolls were thinking, but this trailer was just what i wanted and good to give us something before E3. For a pre-alpha build it looks amazing.

Sarari
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Honestly, I was expecting an actual gameplay footage, as in they show us some sort of mission in the game. But it looks good so far, considering it's pre-alpha footage. Really the only thing I really enjoyed seeing was the parkour through the houses and the way he killed the last 3 guys in the video. That was really epic. I can't wait to do that myself.

Oh and why is everybody hating on the haters. Many people (including me) loved this video. Some won't and that is completely fine. You don't have to get offended by them just because they don't think the way you do. Just felt like I should put that out there.

Gil_217
05-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I think we can conclude that most of the people here gets very easily satisfied, I even think they get satisfied with basically everything Ubisoft would put in front of their eyes, as a matter of fact I bet that if Ubisoft only showed Connor just walking in the wilderness in that "gameplay trailer", if I can even call it that, they would still have an orgasm over it.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 09:33 PM
I think we can conclude that most of the people here gets very easily satisfied, I even think they get satisfied with basically everything Ubisoft would put in front of their eyes, as a matter of fact I bet that if Ubisoft only showed Connor just walking in the wilderness in that "gameplay trailer", if I can even call it that, they would still have an orgasm over it.
Calm down..
We were promised a Gameplay trailer and we have it, nothing to be "easily satisfied" about..
You just expected too much..

Gil_217
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Calm down..
We were promised a Gameplay trailer and we have it, nothing to be "easily satisfied" about..
You just expected too much..

Actually, I didn't, and that's what worries me. When you don't even have high expectations regarding something and you still feel disappointed, somethings wrong, but maybe that's just me.

OriginalMiles
05-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Just happy to hear Connor's voice, LOVE IT!

Timeaus
05-10-2012, 09:42 PM

And what's wrong with that? At least we're not those people who are never satisfied and also complaining about every little thing. Positivity is always a good thing my friend, it help you live a better live.

Edit: I'm not saying that you are one of them.

Sarari
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I honestly believe that this trailer is definitely not worth an orgasm....like seriously guys, its just a preview, a pre-alpha preview. So you've pretty much seen nothing until the real gameplay comes out. I don't think that this was also worth raging about because it wasn't what you were expecting. I understand where you are coming from, but you're not gonna get anything out of it.

UrDeviant1
05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Wanna' know what annoys me?...When people complain about others, who complain about graphics. "wahh graphics aren't Important, It's the story that counts, wahh"

If graphics weren't Important, WHY THE HELL WOULD DEVS WANT TO CONSTANTLY IMPROVE ON THEM!!!!???? I know why, It Is because graphics are In fact Important and directly affect the enjoyment someone may experience. Anyway, for a pre-alpha build, the graphics look fine.

I don't like how the trailer was botched together. I don't like the fact that EVERY bit of marketing I'v seen from this game sees Connor killing Redcoats- the devs are claiming we'll be doing otherwise (both sides). The marketing team are brown nosing the Americans which makes me have less respect for Ubisoft.

Otherwise It was fine. I can't say I am overly excited but w/e, I still have high hope for the game.

Grazel69
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I fail to see where this actual gameplay is can someone enlighten me?!
we were promised gameplay but I don't see it! all I see is just a trailer

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
wanna' know what annoys me?...when people complain about others, who complain about graphics. "wahh graphics aren't important, it's the story that counts, wahh"

if graphics weren't important, why the hell would devs want to constantly improve on them!!!!???? I know why, it is because graphics are in fact important and directly affect the enjoyment someone may experience. Anyway, for a pre-alpha build, the graphics look fine.

I don't like how the trailer was botched together. I don't like the fact that every bit of marketing i'v seen from this game sees connor killing redcoats- the devs are claiming we'll be doing otherwise (both sides). The marketing team are brown nosing the americans which makes me have less respect for ubisoft.

Otherwise it was fine. I can't say i am overly excited but w/e, i still have high hope for the game.
everyone is british !!!
George washington was british
charles lee was british
ben franklin was british
they`re all british !!! Awh awh awhaaaaaaaaa

notafanboy
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
whatever guys, i liked the trailer, some of you didn┤t... im going to bed... bye.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 09:48 PM
I fail to see where this actual gameplay is can someone enlighten me?!
we were promised gameplay but I don't see it! all I see is just a trailer
A Gameplay "Trailer" mind you..
No one said anything about a 6 minute gameplay

rain89c
05-10-2012, 09:49 PM

Hahaha, I totally agree with you.
Complaints are what improves the game.

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM

Lol. that's all i have to say.

pacmanate
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM

How was it not a gameplay trailer. It was a trailer, that consisted of gameplay.

Also, PRE ALPHA.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Positive complaints, not mindless bashing and whining..
He/she basically called everyone who liked the trailer a Kiss-***, with out using the word it self..

UrDeviant1
05-10-2012, 09:55 PM
everyone is british !!!
George washington was british
charles lee was british
ben franklin was british
they`re all british !!! Awh awh awhaaaaaaaaa

You can say that all you like, but at the end of the day It's still Britain vs America (even If It's not technically true). The Redcoats fight for the British empire, the colonials do not. The empire ruled over the colonials.

I guarantee most Americans don't have any knowledge of what you just said.

iSoTryHard
05-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Speechless

Jexx21
05-10-2012, 09:56 PM
People were expecting PS 4 graphics..

people expect PS5 graphics from the PS4. so no news here.

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Positive complaints, not mindless bashing and whining..
He/she basically called everyone who liked the trailer a Kiss-***, with out using the word it self..

And you agreed with another person who said "finally, someone who makes any sense", referring to someone responding to people who didn't like the trailer. So the people who liked it are kiss-asses and those who didn't are brainless. Why is it okay for you to insult people for your own reasons but not for another member to do the same?

I honestly think my problem is more with the trailer than the footage itself. Gil_217 may have been joking when he said people would be happy just watching Connor walking around the wilderness, but honestly, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Simple, unedited footage of Connor's movements as he trudges through the snow, treeruns or sneaks through the foliage while tracking someone. That would tell me enough about how much the graphics have really improved in comparison with the previous games. Trailers always show things from close-up angles, zooming in on all the pixelated detail that betray you're watching a video game and shattering what would have otherwise been a perfectly good illusion. In the game we will rarely zoom in that far. They showed Connor killing a few soldiers in quick succession, but the scene was too short to really wow us with the new smooth transitioning from one kill to the next. Every kill was interrupted by "dramatic" fades to black and slow-mo close-ups of Connor running. They're sacrificing the beauty and complexity of the new animations and mechanisms to cinematic jump cuts and unfavorable camera angles. Show us what we can actually expect to see when we play the game and I think people would be a lot more impressed.

playassassins1
05-10-2012, 10:13 PM
And you agreed with another person who said "finally, someone who makes any sense", referring to someone responding to people who didn't like the trailer. So the people who liked it are kiss-asses and those who didn't are brainless. Why is it okay for you to insult people for your own reasons but not for another member to do the same?

I honestly think my problem is more with the trailer than the footage itself. Gil_217 may have been joking when he said people would be happy just watching Connor walking around the wilderness, but honestly, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Simple, unedited footage of Connor's movements as he trudges through the snow, treeruns or sneaks through the foliage while tracking someone. That would tell me enough about how much the graphics have really improved in comparison with the previous games. Trailers always show things from close-up angles, zooming in on all the pixelated detail that betray you're watching a video game and shattering what would have otherwise been a perfectly good illusion. In the game we will rarely zoom in that far. They showed Connor killing a few soldiers in quick succession, but the scene was too short to really wow us with the new smooth transitioning from one kill to the next. Every kill was interrupted by "dramatic" fades to black and slow-mo close-ups of Connor running. They're sacrificing the beauty and complexity of the new animations and mechanisms to cinematic jump cuts and unfavorable camera angles. Show us what we can actually expect to see when we play the game and I think people would be a lot more impressed.

When they said Gameplay footage I actually thought that they would show us a demo or something, but they'll probably save all that for E3.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 10:13 PM

You should ask before you quickly judge..
I have nothing against positive criticism, but Gil started his feedback with some rage and then GTFO..
I agreed with his sentence simply because the poster before him, gave understandable feed back, even if it was negative but positive in its criticism I would`ve said "Finally some one who makes sense" but so far NONE of the complainers have made any, they`re just hating..
oh and BTW point me to the part where I called them "brainless"

egriffin09
05-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Some people on these forum amaze me sometimes. Some of you are never satisfied and ungrateful (they didn't have to show us anything before E3). This could have been a 10 minute gameplay trailer and it would still have some people like "I'm disappointed", "I expected more," "I'm not impressed," "I thought the graphics would be better," and so on...I'm not defending Ubisoft, I'm just saying they gave us a 2 minute gamplay trailer "before E3" so why are people complaining????? I don't get it. And yes it is a "gamplay" trailer because it is a trailer and it showed gameplay. Some people need to realized this was a trailer not a demo. I think some people were expecting E3 demo quality trailer (like the gameplay they present on stage, you know, like the "DEMO") and that's why they not all that happy with it. Some people like to just complain I guess.

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I think the physics and graphics look awesome by the way.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
I think the physics and graphics look awesome by the way.
Especially the physics..
DID YOU SEE THAT FREAKIN` HOOD ?????!!!!

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Especially the physics..
DID YOU SEE THAT FREAKIN` HOOD ?????!!!!

Yeah, that was sick.
The bear looked very convincing as well.

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 10:21 PM
You should ask before you quickly judge..
I have nothing against positive criticism, but Gil started his feedback with some rage and then GTFO..
I agreed with his sentence simply because the poster before him, gave understandable feed back, even if it was negative but positive in its criticism I would`ve said "Finally some one who makes sense" but so far NONE of the complainers have made any, they`re just hating..
oh and BTW point me to the part where I called them "brainless"

You said Gil was "essentially" saying everyone who liked the trailer was a kiss-*** even if he never actually used the word. By that logic, even though you never actually used the word "brainless", that's what you were essentially saying when you said people who hated it have no sense.

I liked the footage myself, but I can accept that not everyone will, for one reason or another. Some of them have, in fact, made some valid points about the graphics being lackluster or the trailer being overly patriotic towards Americans. Whether you agree with them or not, that means they're not just "mindlessly bashing and whining", they have reasons. Mindless bashing would be saying "this game is gay" and not giving any reason for having that opinion.

matheus_737
05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I have to say it's amazing the moves are so nice and real, Connor will be badass like Altair and Ezio, his history looks so nice and Ubi know how to do good history,scenario amazing, climbing trees fantastic, snow on characters clothes is very realistic,blood on floor so REAL.
almost everything i'm looking in the other games is here, for me GOTY.But the graphics still not what i've dream for the franchise, builds graphics are awesome in all games but I think the rest must be in the level of Uncharted or something like that and I want more difficult nothing more

GOTY!!!!!AC3

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 10:24 PM
The one thing i wonder is if we can stand still inside the house when we jump through the window or that we can basically put down the controller because it's all one single animation.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 10:27 PM
You said Gil was "essentially" saying everyone who liked the trailer was a kiss-*** even if he never actually used the word. By that logic, even though you never actually used the word "brainless", that's what you were essentially saying when you said people who hated it have no sense.

I liked the footage myself, but I can accept that not everyone will, for one reason or another. Some of them have, in fact, made some valid points about the graphics being lackluster or the trailer being overly patriotic towards Americans. Whether you agree with them or not, that means they're not just "mindlessly bashing and whining", they have reasons. Mindless bashing would be saying "this game is gay" and not giving any reason for having that opinion.
You clearly do not read my posts with full care, I said I greatly welcome Positive criticism, I myself argued the authenticity of the snow shown in the teaser, and the somewhat ugly trees..
Never did I say that those who didnt like it have no sense, Im saying that those who end their sentences with GTFO are the ones who are mindlessly bashing, whining and make no sense..
and hey this is a forum, if someone says "lack luster graphics" I say "pre-alpha" if someone says "pro-american" i say "everyone was british" its a forum, a place for debate..

Legendz54
05-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Truly amazing trailer... That bear looked awesome and the fluent way of how he takes out the guys to get to the general at the end is amazing!! everything looks awesome.
His personal side of things and character is very good as well, How he is trying to fit in with the rest and part of him wants to get rid of all the outsiders but He is being treated like an outsider by everyone else.

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 10:35 PM
You clearly do not read my posts with full care, I said I greatly welcome Positive criticism, I myself argued the authenticity of the snow shown in the teaser, and the somewhat ugly trees..
Never did I say that those who didnt like it have no sense, Im saying that those who end their sentences with GTFO are the ones who are mindlessly bashing, whining and make no sense..
and hey this is a forum, if someone says "lack luster graphics" I say "pre-alpha" if someone says "pro-american" i say "everyone was british" its a forum, a place for debate..

I can't be arsed to go back and re-read 16+ pages of posts, but quickly skimming over Gil_217's posts, I don't see him ending any of them with "GTFO". So who exactly were you referring to?

You say "mindless bashing", I say "opinions backed with valid concerns". Naturally you're allowed to voice your opinion in response to other people's opinions. Just so long as you remember they're all opinions and yours aren't magically more correct than theirs.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I noticed how the NPC in the town when Connor says, " ...I am the outsider...", turns to Connor and stairs. The free-running looks like actual parkour :D !!!! the game looks like it's going to be really good.

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 10:42 PM
The part at 1:07.

http://www.ideachampions.com/weblogs/money%20large.jpg

De Filosoof
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I noticed how the NPC in the town when Connor says, " ...I am the outsider...", turns to Connor and stairs. The free-running looks like actual parkour :D !!!! the game looks like it's going to be really good.
Yeah i liked that :).

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
The part at 1:07.

http://www.ideachampions.com/weblogs/money large.jpg

Sociopath meme???

dxsxhxcx
05-10-2012, 10:46 PM
the video was awesome but Connor speech was corny as hell, I'm glad they said that Connor is a person of few words, because if he does another speech like that again, I'll play the game on mute and without subtitles... lol

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
The rope dart is thrown, not shot out from the wrist ? does that mean that it's not attached to the hidden blade ?

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 10:48 PM
The rope dart is thrown, not shot out from the wrist ? does that mean that it's not attached to the hidden blade ?
I guess not

Azurefeatherfly
I can't be arsed to go back and re-read 16+ pages of posts, but quickly skimming over Gil_217's posts, I don't see him ending any of them with "GTFO". So who exactly were you referring to?

You say "mindless bashing", I say "opinions backed with valid concerns". Naturally you're allowed to voice your opinion in response to other people's opinions. Just so long as you remember they're all opinions and yours aren't magically more correct than theirs.

This here on Page 2 is what he was referring to:

That was beyond horrible!

All of that build up for that crap? Seriously Ubisoft?? And you call that showing gameplay?? GTFO

Acrimonious_Nin
the video was awesome but Connor speech was corny as hell, I'm glad they said that Connor is a person of few words, because if he does another speech like that again, I'll play the game on mute and without subtitles... lol

lol I did expect something more stoic from him...I still have hope that he chooses his words wisely in the game... >_>

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 10:52 PM

I was going to show you the part of GTFO but someone else did that for me, so thanks..
and while you`re at it, do please tell me how is "That was beyond horrible
All of that build up for that crap? Seriously Ubisoft?? And you call that showing gameplay?? GTFO" opinions backed up with valid concerns ?

Legendz54
05-10-2012, 10:59 PM
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011-Video-Game-Awards-Best-Game-of-the-Year.jpg

tarrero
05-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Well I get if people complain about graphics and sort of, but is beyond me why some of them are whinning about the fact that was released is not demo.....
E3 is just a month away and by this time of the year, ┐How much did we know about ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations?

With that being sad, I liked this gameplay trailer....

SixKeys
05-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Do remember this trailer was probably not written by the writers of the game itself. The dialogue can be kinda clunky.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Do remember this trailer was probably not written by the writers of the game itself. The dialogue can be kinda clunky.
That is true..
But, I think that Connor`s lines werent considered THAT cheesy during the 1770s :D

kalo.yanis
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
I can deal with the oozing cheese from that speech if it weren't for the fact that it was superimposed on imagery of the American flag, Connor killing redcoats and talking to American revolutionaries. I'm not saying the game will be one sided, but that trailer sure as hell was. Almost as if trying to appeal to an American audience.

Yeah, who would have thought?

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM

yea, intelligent complaints improve games. Dumb ones don't do anything.
Complaining about the graphics when it's a pre-alpha doesn't improve games, because it was a pre-alpha. Really complain if e3 they show some crappy graphics.
Complaining about only killing the redcoats because they're British when you're not smart enough to realize that even the colonial army was British doesn't improve games.

Every single complaint i've seen here are dumb ones, "wahhh, the graphics aren't good enough, even though I haven't seen what the the alpha stage of the game looks like" "Wahh, why do they only show us killing British people, when even if they show us kill the colonial army then it would be a spoiler because their goals are parallel with the assassins and the THEY ARE BRITISH TOO"

I can deal with the oozing cheese from that speech if it weren't for the fact that it was superimposed on imagery of the American flag, Connor killing redcoats and talking to American revolutionaries. I'm not saying the game will be one sided, but that trailer sure as hell was. Almost as if trying to appeal to an American audience.

Yeah, who would have thought?

Listen, they are British. The colonials were mostly British so why does bother you? Stop whining about the game. If you don't like how they are taking the game then just point out your opinion once or twice in intelligent ways, not just complain over and over about how you think they're making it to American. Back then they weren't Americans, they were British fighting for freedom.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
wooooooooooow!! The trailer was amazing ,, I was sure It will be a trailer Because ubisoft never released a DEMO for assassin's creed before E3 ,,SO I wasn't disappointed ,,Actually I was Very impressed not only by the amazing physics but aslo by the very decent PRE-ALPHA Graphics ,, the new engine looks so good the physics is just so good ,, the Hood looks so realistic when It's moving ,, and the graphics is just amazing for a PRE-ALPHA And Also Mr-shade said that the trailer was shot from a console ,, Imagine the final product On PC ! ,,, really people just can't stop complaining (not that I'm against that ) But most of the complains are like
'' Wooow another game that glorifies America ,Yaaay ''
For god's sake everyone was British back then
And there is also a lot of complains about the graphics It's A PRE-AlPHA !
I wasn't disappointed ,, as a matter of fact I'm more Hyped now for E3 and I'm 100% sure that the true assassin's creed fans Are impressed !
Correct me If I'm wrong

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 11:58 PM
wooooooooooow!! The trailer was amazing ,, I was It will be a trailer Because ubisoft never released a DEMO for assassin's creed before E3 ,,SO I wasn't disappointed ,,Actually I was Very impressed not only by the amazing physics but aslo by the very decent PRE-ALPHA Graphics ,, the new engine looks so good the physics is just so good ,, the Hood looks so realistic when It's moving ,, and the graphics is just amazing for a PRE-ALPHA And the Also Mr-shade said that the trailer was shot from a console ,, Imagine the final product On PC ! ,,, really people just can't stop complaining (not that I'm against that ) But most of the complains are like
'' Wooow another game the glorifies America ,Yaaay ''
For god's sake everyone was British back then
And there is also a lot of complains about the graphics It's A PRE-AlPHA !
I wasn't disappointed ,, as a matter of fact I'm more Hyped now for E3 and I'm 100% sure that the true assassin's creed fans Are impressed !
Correct me If I'm wrong
Cairo Egypt ? Hey buddy :D

Timeaus
05-11-2012, 12:05 AM
I liked how the guards near the end where Connor did the running assassination acted differently from one another. Some guards back away, some guards stood still, and some guards actually pull up their musket and tried to shoot Connor :) Nice to see different AI behaviors.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Cairo Egypt ? Hey buddy :D

Yes cairo maan,, so nice to find an Egyptian here :D

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeaa, cairo ,egypt ,,Hey Man :D
el masryeen ketro :D

kalo.yanis
05-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Listen, they are British. The colonials were mostly British so why does bother you? Stop whining about the game. If you don't like how they are taking the game then just point out your opinion once or twice in intelligent ways, not just complain over and over about how you think they're making it to American. Back then they weren't Americans, they were British fighting for freedom.

I'm not whining about the game. I'm addressing my complaints towards the trailer, since it is making some rather worrisome implications about the game's story or trying to blatantly suck up to US buyers.

I am also one of those that take issue with the game's graphics. They show a very minor, if any, improvement over Revelations (certainly not with repect to character shading). You keep saying that the game footage was pre-alpha and I do realise that, which is why I will reserve my judgement until E3 (as I've said), but I would like to point out that I have seen alpha footage from other games that's had some pretty impressive graphics. I do hope they improve for AC3 by the time of release, because they do look dated.

Oh, and if you don't like my opinions, then just skip my posts next time you see them.

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 12:25 AM

La tatakelum el luga el arabia minfudluck

I'm not whining about the game. I'm addressing my complaints towards the trailer, since it is making some rather worrisome implications about the game's story or trying to blatantly suck up to US buyers.

I am also one of those that take issue with the game's graphics. They show a very minor, if any, improvement over Revelations (certainly not with repect to character shading). You keep saying that the game footage was pre-alpha and I do realise that, which is why I will reserve my judgement until E3 (as I've said), but I would like to point out that I have seen alpha footage from other games that's had some pretty impressive graphics. I do hope they improve for AC3 by the time of release, because they do look dated.

Oh, and if you don't like my opinions, then just skip my posts next time you see them.

seeing how the colonists where fighting for freedom the trailer doesn't appear to be sucking up to US buyers to me, in fact to me it seems (seems being the key word) that a lot of people, yourself included, are just angry because it's taking place in Colonial America and that the assassins are going to be more on the side of the colonists. But if you were even a fan of the series, not saying you're not, you would see how that makes sense. So going around killing both redcoats and colonists would just be stupid.

As for the reserving your opinion for E3, i think that's smart. However, a lot of people are complaining saying the graphics are horrible and blah blah blah. that's what i was addressing mainly, not your opinion on the graphics. To me i like them, you don't oh well.

What i don't agree with in your comments is the whole anti-american vibe you give. Instead of just being happy that they are trying to make a game in an interesting setting/war you get angry because it "seems" like its "American Rah-Rah" even though we obviously wouldn't be on the redcoat side because they were oppression the Colonists.

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 12:26 AM
La tatakelum el luga el arabia minfudluck
Oh Hey Never saw that one comin` :D
That was pretty good

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-11-2012, 12:26 AM

Eshta ,, assassin's masryeen :D

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh Hey Never saw that one comin` :D
That was pretty good

lol yea, you're not the only one that can speak/read/write arabic :P (kinda)

naran6142
05-11-2012, 12:39 AM
im entertained easily...

anticipation is half the fun :D

kudos17
05-11-2012, 12:42 AM
I must have a higher tolerance than some, I guess. I found the graphics fantastic, more than suitable enough.

The "America, F*** YEAH" is a bit annoying, even as an American. But what you guys have to remember is that there is SOME reason for the American Revolution. It's never as simple as "just war" in Assassin's Creed. I'll bet that the American British just want to break free of British Templar's reign, and they uses the revolution to cover that.

The Brits are strutting about like they own the place at this point in time, because they basically do. As such, they'll often be seen as the oppressors, regardless of whether they actually are or not. The American people just want freedom - the British are restricting that. Thus, they are seen as an enemy to Connor.

Also, remember: Connor will only massacre as many Brits as you want him to. Non-lethal take-downs are effectively possible now (though only outside combat, I believe).

EscoBlades
05-11-2012, 12:48 AM
The storyline is what it is. There's no grand conspiracy to portray it in an "America F Yeah" light. Want to change it? Go back in time and change history.

Why can't people just enjoy it for what it is?

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 12:48 AM
I must have a higher tolerance than some, I guess. I found the graphics fantastic, more than suitable enough.

The Brits are strutting about like they own the place at this point in time, because they basically do. As such, they'll often be seen as the oppressors, regardless of whether they actually are or not. The American people just want freedom - the British are restricting that. Thus, they are seen as an enemy to Connor.

Also, remember: Connor will only massacre as many Brits as you want him to. Non-lethal take-downs are effectively possible now (though only outside combat, I believe).

good point sir, now there are non-lethal take downs. so now people can stop complaining about killing a lot of redcoats :)

kalo.yanis
05-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Perhaps I am a bit upset about the setting, because I still find the location (not necessarily the events) a bit bland compared to previous AC's. That being said, you are right, I do not want them to side with the colonials or with the Brits. That's just too black and white for an AC game. It's the complete opposite of how AC1 was, where the assassin's were like a third party regulator in the fight between the crusaders and the Saracens. I am hoping Connor won't have a lasting allegiance with either side in the actual game.

The storyline is what it is. There's no grand conspiracy to portray it in an "America F Yeah" light. Want to change it? Go back in time and change history.

Surely that's the complete opposite of how AC lore works, though? AC has always been about exploring the side of history that isn't in the textbooks etc.etc.

Velvit
05-11-2012, 01:01 AM
I dislike how the Redcoats let Connor thorough so easily, they had bayonets. Disregarding that, I enjoyed the trailer.

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Perhaps I am a bit upset about the setting, because I still find the location (not necessarily the events) a bit bland compared to previous AC's. That being said, you are right, I do not want them to side with the colonials or with the Brits. That's just too black and white for an AC game. It's the complete opposite of how AC1 was, where the assassin's were like a third party regulator in the fight between the crusaders and the Saracens. I am hoping Connor won't have a lasting allegiance with either side in the actual game.

Surely that's the complete opposite of how AC lore works, though? AC has always been about exploring the side of history that isn't in the textbooks etc.etc.

But if the assassins were just killing people on both sides without any allegiances then they would be destroyed by both sides. Just like what was going to happen in AC1. I understand what you mean though, you want them to kill people on both sides because it would not only add gameplay hours but interesting situations. ACR is pretty much just like AC3, you are on the Ottomans side throughout that entire game. Except you killed them for being on rooftops.

Ubisoft has said that we will kill people on both sides, so why can't you be happy with that. Obviously story wise and history wise the assassins would be with the colonists because they share the same views. By you not accepting that and being fine with it, your angry that the game is doing what it has always done, stick close to how history was.

As for the location being bland, i disagree with you there. I think this may be the best setting yet because of the frontier.

kudos17
05-11-2012, 01:06 AM
I dislike how the Redcoats let Connor thorough so easily, they had bayonets. Disregarding that, I enjoyed the trailer.

An armed individual moving with such grace and ferocity is a frightening opponent, and a demoralizing one. I'm not surprised that they backed up a bit, even with long weapons.

That's actually a key in battle, I'd presume - if you're outnumbered, even the odds, by stealth or other means. If you're caught, scare them. If two of your buddies just got their own bayonets rammed into their eyeballs in less than five seconds by a hooded man, you'll probably hesitate to follow suit.

Just look at when Connor cut through those redcoats on the way to the mounted officer. They backed up really quick - the only ones who had the nerve to engage were the Brits far enough away to aim the muskets.

masterfenix2009
05-11-2012, 03:02 AM
GRAPHICS? Why do people care so much about them!

Wanna' know what annoys me?...When people complain about others, who complain about graphics. "wahh graphics aren't Important, It's the story that counts, wahh"

If graphics weren't Important, WHY THE HELL WOULD DEVS WANT TO CONSTANTLY IMPROVE ON THEM!!!!???? I know why, It Is because graphics are In fact Important and directly affect the enjoyment someone may experience. Anyway, for a pre-alpha build, the graphics look fine.

I don't like how the trailer was botched together. I don't like the fact that EVERY bit of marketing I'v seen from this game sees Connor killing Redcoats- the devs are claiming we'll be doing otherwise (both sides). The marketing team are brown nosing the Americans which makes me have less respect for Ubisoft.

Otherwise It was fine. I can't say I am overly excited but w/e, I still have high hope for the game.
They don't affect my enjoyment in any significant way. They really aren't that important.

pirate1802
05-11-2012, 04:01 AM
LOL I must have watched a different trailer, because the graphics looked amazing to me; the animations looked fluid (the building entering part and the running-killing redcoats part); the environment and trees looked realistic. Pretty much everything was amazing in this trailer. The trailer is set in the time of american revolution, there would be a certain amount of america rah-rah. Noting wrong with that in my books. Call me a fanboy or whatever, I'd speak my mind, which I have lost after seeing this trailer xD

rain89c
05-11-2012, 04:01 AM

You arent alone. Many people dont like this boring american 19th century setting, too unoriginal, common, and modern which destroys the true beauty of the franchise (known for historically beautitful exotic settings).

When I heard about AC3, I was like BOO YEAHHHH, until I heard it was set in America.... from a hype level of 10, it went down to like 6, and then after this trailer, it kinda got down to like a 4.

Who else smells Propaganda here?

Alex Hutchinson....zZzz, cheesy director.

hendricks610
05-11-2012, 04:03 AM
[spam]

Sarari
05-11-2012, 04:04 AM
I was actually telling my friend back in 2008 how it would be cool to just contantley kill people without stopping. Right now, I'm really happy that Ubisoft was able to pull it off. I'm even more impressed that they were able to make the moves fluent in the way they connect to each other. I very much feel like this game is gonna be great in gameplay. I don't know anything about the in detailed story line, of course, so I'll just have to wait and see about the story.

And am I the only who noticed that the bow twists after Connor releases the arrow?

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 04:10 AM
You arent alone. Many people dont like this boring american 19th century setting, too unoriginal, common, and modern which destroys the true beauty of the franchise (known for historically beautitful exotic settings).

When I heard about AC3, I was like BOO YEAHHHH, until I heard it was set in America.... from a hype level of 10, it went down to like 6, and then after this trailer, it kinda got down to like a 4.

cool story bro... i like how you say the american revolution is unoriginal and common, when i can't even think of a game that takes place in that time. And i remember when you were constantly talking about AC going to japan. Yea you obviously know what original means

rain89c
05-11-2012, 04:15 AM
cool story bro... i like how you say the american revolution is unoriginal and common, when i can't even think of a game that takes place in that time. And i remember when you were constantly talking about AC going to japan. Yea you obviously know what original means

Sup bro?
I wouldn't be surprised this game would be just a test of their new engine for a bigger future AC set in Japan or China.

pirate1802
05-11-2012, 04:16 AM

I don't smell propaganda, I smell blood... Bear blood. My hype level went from 10 to 15 after seeing this.

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Sup bro?
I wouldn't be surprised this game would be just a test of their new engine for a bigger future AC set in Japan or China.

I'm all for a future AC in Japan or China i have to tell you though, your comment was not intelligent at all. You say that you don't like the American Revolution setting because it's unoriginal, and common but there aren't any games out there set in that setting. While China and Japan are settings that are used all the time.

Then you say that Alex Hutchinson is a cheesy director because the setting for AC3 is the American Revolution when one, you don't even know if he was the one that thought of that setting. two, what he's doing as a director with the gameplay of AC3 is far beyond what we've had so far. and three, the way this game is turning out i would want him to work on the next AC game too.

And now you say you wouldn't be surprised that AC3, the biggest game in Ubisoft history, is a test for their engine on a bigger future AC set in Japan or China. Do you think before you start typing? Sorry but your logic is not sound nor valid in any sense.

jmk1999
05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
@ everyone:
i know i'm a little late on this, but it seems no one has addressed it yet. please keep the name-calling and trolling off the forum. if someone says something you feel is inappropriate, just report it. don't retaliate by doing the same thing and then wonder why you're being warned about it as well.

tarrero
05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
I'm all for a future AC in Japan or China i have to tell you though, your comment was not intelligent at all. You say that you don't like the American Revolution setting because it's unoriginal, and common but there aren't any games out there set in that setting. While China and Japan are settings that are used all the time.

I am NOT from USA and well, I find this period pretty interesting in terms of plot and story wise. Why??? Well because it ignited several revolutions not only your side of the Atlantic, but also here in Europe, however I get the point that its architecture is not as appealing as on other places or eras.

But, and this has been several times, one just cant call American Revolution overused (which I really dont think it is) and yet, ask for Ninjas and Samurais............ If this franchise is going to be set on Asia, which I would like, it has to be on India: Lots of history and many different cultural backgrounds, interesting buildings, "Piece of Edenish" events/legends like the Maharabata or Budha and most importantly, NOT as cliche as other settings.....

Connor looks completely badass by the way.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-11-2012, 07:18 AM
You can say that all you like, but at the end of the day It's still Britain vs America (even If It's not technically true). The Redcoats fight for the British empire, the colonials do not. The empire ruled over the colonials.

I guarantee most Americans don't have any knowledge of what you just said.

Most Americans are fully aware of what he said, we're taught our history in every classroom in America and when we get to High School they show us the real dirty history of America. We all know that the founding fathers were British, even Benjamin Franklin considered himself a royalist for the longest time, until parliament called him and all the colonials second class citizens, that's when the colonials started calling themselves Americans because the British called them Americans first, when the colonials considered themselves British citizens. Being called a second class citizen could really change someone's opinions about their government.

pirate1802
05-11-2012, 07:22 AM
I am NOT from USA and well, I find this period pretty interesting in terms of plot and story wise. Why??? Well because it ignited several revolutions not only your side of the Atlantic, but also here in Europe, however I get the point that its architecture is not as appealing as on other places or eras.

But, and this has been several times, one just cant call American Revolution overused (which I really dont think it is) and yet, ask for Ninjas and Samurais............ If this franchise is going to be set on Asia, which I would like, it has to be on India: Lots of history and many different cultural backgrounds, interesting buildings, "Piece of Edenish" events/legends like the Maharabata or Budha and most importantly, NOT as cliche as other settings.....

I can't remember ANY major game set in India despite being a wonderful setting, apart from a few RTSs

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
I can't remember ANY major game set in India despite being a wonderful setting, apart from a few RTSs
That would be a great setting, another setting I would like is Egypt, I can't remember a game being set in Egypt and that would be interesting!

pacmanate
05-11-2012, 08:24 AM

Cause... How do I put this nicely.................... It's the internet.

Legendz54
05-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Why are we all wasting our time fighting? We should be talking about how awesome AC3 is going to be :) Anyway My hype for this game is beyond anything and i really loved that assassination at the end. The way he took down those guards in his path was fast, smooth, fluid and brutal and it was really well done.

EscoBlades
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Why are we all wasting our time fighting? We should be talking about how awesome AC3 is going to be :) Anyway My hype for this game is beyond anything and i really loved that assassination at the end. The way he took down those guards in his path was fast, smooth, fluid and brutal and it was really well done.

Yup. He exits a Stalker Zone, and just moves through all those guards in a blur before leaping to assassinate his target.

Its highly significant because those animations are, for one, unique to Connor. Also, its he first time you get to see the unbroken movement kills in actions, a real first for AC.

Pumped!!

EmmaBemma
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Like other people said, my only problem with the trailer was it came off as overly patriotic, which doesn't seem to fit Connor's story. But I suspect this is just an advertising gimmick and doesn't reflect the actual story. I don't expect Connor to kill equal amount of colonial soldiers to red coats, however I do hope we see corrupt people on both sides and have targets on both sides. Obviously, they're not going to show any targets so early on, so we just see him killing random red coats.

Think about it, the revolution has great potential for corruption. The creation of a new country, a new government... one would expect the templars to swarm in like flies.

Legendz54
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Like other people said, my only problem with the trailer was it came off as overly patriotic, which doesn't seem to fit Connor's story. But I suspect this is just an advertising gimmick and doesn't reflect the actual story. I don't expect Connor to kill equal amount of colonial soldiers to red coats, however I do hope we see corrupt people on both sides and have targets on both sides. Obviously, they're not going to show any targets so early on, so we just see him killing random red coats.

Think about it, the revolution has great potential for corruption. The creation of a new country, a new government... one would expect the templars to swarm in like flies.
It definitely was for advertising, in the trailer he says "i will fight the enemy regardless of their allegiance" which means he will fight templars on both sides.

eagleforlife1
05-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Obviously, they're not going to show any targets so early on, so we just see him killing random red coats.

The trailer showed Connor leaping to assassinate John Pitcairn.

De Filosoof
05-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Indeed, AC has always i repeat, always about this.
I really hope the new director Alex Hutchinson won't **** this up.
I still trust the AC team though, and they stated in several interviews they wanna show things of the American revolution almost nobody knows about.
Some people on this forum say that it's just a game, and that's true BUT, AC has always been a rather intelligent game with many touchy subjects and a different few on history..
It would just be strange if they changed the story into a cheesy American revolution story like the movie the patriot or something.
But i know they won't.

EmmaBemma
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Oh fair enough! A particularly big or surprising target though? I would think they would want to keep the colonial targets more of a surprise.

playassassins1
05-11-2012, 10:58 AM

Wasn't Pitcairn the target in the PAX demo?

LeTrueAbstergo
05-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Absolutely stunning for a pre-alpha build. I'm REALLY hoping that they have huge lines of soldiers just marching in the frontier. Like in the beginning of this vid, when Connor overlooks a whole bunch of redcoats from a tree. I hope that wasnt just for a particular mission. In previous AC games i always felt like there werent enough guards, so it never felt like a challenge. I'd love to actually have to use strategy and stealth to take down a small platoon of soldiers rather than obliterating all of them with brute strength in mere seconds. Anyone else feel this way?

TravisSanchez
05-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I think whatever they do for multiplayer is going to be alright-hopefully they address the certain few annoyances from Revelations multiplayer. But I have some ideas for a different multiplayer mode-just quick thoughts, I (or anybody else) could improve on them; here they are:

Besides the standard 2-8 online multiplayer found in Brotherhood and Revelations or the possibility of some kind of campaign co-op, here's another idea: an all-out survival mode in the Frontier. Assassins make their own small personal base or 'camp' wherever they wish (this will include maybe a small tent, with a small campfire, won't take up much space). This is where they start after they return to this mode. They can set up traps around their area to catch animals while they're 'on leave' from that mode or the game. You still hunt for animals-you will be required to kill a certain amount of animals in order to "survive", like maybe you have a hunger kind of thing? You may also steal things from other assassin's-from their camp, while they are away-take money or supplies (supplies=bullets, powder, etc. possibly food/water). Maybe every player has a water level-it slowly drains and when it is empty, the player starts losing health-so every player has a water canteen which can be refilled at any water source. Also possibly (though perhaps less desirably) the same thing for food. Items that can be found in this game world include-ammunition, materials to make traps, weapons, clothes-you can jack clothes from NPC s (from the soldiers, but not civilians).
You will not know where other players are on the map, but you will have to listen to hear them-sound will play a big role in stealth and hiding-if you are hiding in the brush, just crouched and listening-you can hear other players if they are in a certain range and are running or being noisy-if you slowly crouch-walk, you will make no sound at all, just look out for the occasional twig on the ground as that can affect everything-you snap a twig, another player will be aware of either an animal or another player in the area-imagine this, there is some type of meter on the screen, which shows ambient noise of the environment-water, wind, trees, birds, etc. but when there are other living things nearby that are making enough noise-such as a deer snapping a twig or a player running through the trees -it shows fluctuations, and as you turn your body (or camera angle), the strength of the fluctuations (or the "signal" if you may) increases, so to guide you towards the direction of whatever is making noise-your job would to slowly and soundlessly sneak up. When you come across another assassin, if you have not been noticed, you may assassinate him/her. Or 'pin' them-they decide whether to join you or not, and if no, you may either finish them off, or let them live and be on their way (after disarming them and taking their supplies). However if they decide to join you, they are unable to kill or betray you, or be a "backstabber" (most likely literally haha)
When you meet other Assassins in the wilderness, you may decide to either team up or stay enemies, from when you may fight or go your separate ways. You customize your assassin a bit in appearance. You can go in town to buy supplies and such, but since other assassins can recognize your general appearance as an assassin, you can silently take out a red-coat and use his clothes to disguise yourself as you walk around town (plenty of people and soldiers will be walking around; NPC's will still be around). I'm not sure on what the player limit should be, as the Frontier sounds like it will be huge-definitely 8 at least.
Even as I am typing, I am thinking of many things, I'm just having trouble wording/phrasing them; if anybody would like to give some help, have at it-or at least help get this idea out there for people to see and possibly support-or criticize, I don't really care-I just want feedback, and hopefully for the guys at Ubisoft to just imagine this type of thing for just a moment-if anybody can help me spread this idea more, do that or please tell me how; I didn't know where to start on the internet, but this is about AC3 multiplayer, so here I am hahaha : ) so just an all-out survival game basically. this is not my idea im just hoping someone could send ubisoft please send it to atleast get there attention and consider these ideas to in maybe the next attachment to the game - the continueing of a story of the game please send these ideas to ubisoft to see if they would atleast read or even try these ideas out the person who wrote this doesn't want to be payed or nothing he just had ideas and wants to see them come to life in this or the next video game and in my opion these are pretty much the same ideas not all but still the basic ideas so please someone i am to young im only 14 years old and i have no idea how to send a big company a letter of suggestions so someone please and dont be dishonest and say there your ideas i admitted it why cant you!?

eagleforlife1
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Wasn't Pitcairn the target in the PAX demo?

Yep. Everything in the World Gameplay Premiere trailer were excerpts from the PAX Demo.

BBALive
05-11-2012, 11:45 AM

At the moment I think it's a marketing scheme. They don't want to show this Native American killing colonists because it might touch some Americans nerves and hurt sales. There's a possibility that we could be killing a Colonist in the same battle as Pitcairn. Joseph Warren also died during the Battle of Bunker Hill, and it's a possibility that we will be the ones to kill him.

I also noticed a very ominous 'wub' when they showed the American flag. Perhaps it's hinting at the fact that the colonists aren't so good after-all.

BBALive
05-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Yep. Everything in the World Gameplay Premiere trailer were excerpts from the PAX Demo.

Not everything. I don't believe they showed the city scenes at PAX. Just the Battle of Bunker Hill.

EscoBlades
05-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Not everything. I don't believe they showed the city scenes at PAX. Just the Battle of Bunker Hill.

The city scenes were from the press preview we got shown a while back. And the bear assassination.

Captain Tomatoz
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
The city scenes were from the press preview we got shown a while back. And the bear assassination.

It looked more like the bear was about to assassinate Connor :P :)

EscoBlades
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Hehehe. when you see the full sequence....oh my! *flails*

De Filosoof
05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Hehehe. when you see the full sequence....oh my! *flails*

But the bear sequence doesn't have the same guy in it from the teaser trailer like you said. He seems much older.

EscoBlades
05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
But the bear sequence doesn't have the same guy in it from the teaser trailer like you said. He seems much older.

It looked the same to me at first glance. Hence why i assumed it contined on. The backdrop (as he walks towards him to kill him) made me immediately think of the bear bit as it looked the same in the preee preview from a while back. Maybe they changed it.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Indeed, AC has always i repeat, always about this.
I really hope the new director Alex Hutchinson won't **** this up.
I still trust the AC team though, and they stated in several interviews they wanna show things of the American revolution almost nobody knows about.
Some people on this forum say that it's just a game, and that's true BUT, AC has always been a rather intelligent game with many touchy subjects and a different few on history..
It would just be strange if they changed the story into a cheesy American revolution story like the movie the patriot or something.
But i know they won't.

Cheesy American Revolution story? The Patriot was about a loyalist, who thought himself as a Brit and a red coat. He didn't want war with what he believed to be his fellow comrades, that is until the red coats killed his son and he was deemed a second class citizen. That's what pissed off many colonials at the time, being called second class citizens in an empire they thought they were first class citizens. But for the longest time, they didn't want war, there were more loyalist than Patriots before the war and the Red Coats were recruiting all loyalists to fight for the crown, but when news spread that the red coats were burning towns and churches to the ground and raiding and looting towns, the people started feeling a bit odd about supporting the red coats and started supporting the revolution.

Sorry for that little rant :P

dxsxhxcx
05-11-2012, 03:32 PM
It definitely was for advertising, in the trailer he says "i will fight the enemy regardless of their allegiance" which means he will fight templars on both sides.

compared to all that talk about freedom and how Connor seemed to think his country cause was fair, what you mentioned is nothing, also if they wanted to prove a point with that, they should've shown in that exact moment something that would make us believe in that, when I listened to that line you mentioned and saw the bear I thought: Cool, animals will be the enemy (other side) and not the americans!! :P

other than the fact that Connor is an assassin, I didn't see anything in this video that hinted towards the Assassin vs Templars war, all I saw was a man who believed in his country cause and was supporting it, exactly what they said this game wouldn't be about...

pacmanate
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I think they only show Connor killing redcoats in the trailers for one simple reason.

The Bluecoats outfit is so plain! Like think about, the redcoats uniform looks way nicer than the bluecoats uniform that is practically all one colour

aaron2786
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
GUYS CHECK OUT MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674527-I-nailed-the-Premise-of-Assassin-s-creed-3-over-2-5-years-ago!-Check-it-out!

SleezeRocker
05-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Hahahaha! That's what the Smokey thinks, but Connor will be the one extinguishing him :P

Azula2005
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I wonder if we could also air assassinate animals..

freddie_1897
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I wonder if we could also air assassinate animals..
do you think you can intercept birds as their flying? cos that would be awesome

"wait for it, wait for it, and, JUMP! haha, stupid birdy"

Azula2005
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Lol, that would be insane but most likely no.

Maybe we could shoot it down with a bow while it's flying?

jmk1999
05-11-2012, 05:39 PM
GUYS CHECK OUT MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674527-I-nailed-the-Premise-of-Assassin-s-creed-3-over-2-5-years-ago!-Check-it-out (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674527-I-nailed-the-Premise-of-Assassin-s-creed-3-over-2-5-years-ago%21-Check-it-out)!

please don't spam other topics with your thread. if they want to look at it, they'll find it on the main page.

DavisP92
05-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Exactly my point with the over used portion, you can't call the American Revolution overused when you probably can't name more than 2 games set in that time frame, let alone one game. India would be a great idea for the game to take place, also the French Revolution, Victorian London and i would like to see how Egypt would work too.

Yea he does, i can't wait to play this game. I wonder what the upgrades are

pacmanate
05-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Connors tomohawk goes straight through this guys neck at the end! And Ubisoft still kept that revising bow in the trailer...
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/ArunGahir/Outsider.jpg

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Connors tomohawk goes straight through this guys neck at the end! And Ubisoft still kept that revising bow in the trailer...
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/ArunGahir/Outsider.jpg
Pre-Alpha -_-

pacmanate
05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Was just messing!

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Was just messing!
Oh Ok Sorry :D

playassassins1
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Pre-Alpha -_-

Lol! The answer to everything is: Pre-Alpha.

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Just sayin`
BUTTON IS NO LONGER CENSORED !!!

freddie_1897
05-11-2012, 06:28 PM

Edit: Be-aver is

Mr_Shade
05-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Well let's hope theres not too many ******s pressing buttons in the game :p

freddie_1897
05-11-2012, 06:31 PM
you'd be surprised

playassassins1
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Button button button button button button button button button button button button button button button button button button!!!

True_Assassin92
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM

^Shame on you. This is your last warning Mr Shade! :p

freddie_1897
05-11-2012, 06:36 PM
can the mods see through the censors?

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
can the mods see through the censors?
Dont even think about it ;)