PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Animation Request.

BBB_Hyperion
01-21-2004, 04:34 AM
On several Online encounters it is not rare that a plane stops in the middle of a roll and turns to the other Site. Mostly dependend on connection performance of this 2 participants. I tested the issue on a LAN and there it is almost non existing .
For the Online Play however it happens quite frequently that a player chases another and banks and rolls hard . In this Situation it happens that the planestate for example in roll is corrected to the calculated flightdata from this participant that makes nice shifting moves
or incomplete moves. Also some planes move slightly forward and back all the time thats mainly a ping/packetloss issue but comes to the same point.

Question is it possible that when the Planestate is altered or corrected by incomming data that a timedependend correction rate trys to bring it smooth back into position. Same for rolling and turning.

At first i though this is a cpu or gfx performance related issue but its the same on high end systems.

Regards,
Hyperion

BBB_Hyperion
01-21-2004, 04:34 AM
On several Online encounters it is not rare that a plane stops in the middle of a roll and turns to the other Site. Mostly dependend on connection performance of this 2 participants. I tested the issue on a LAN and there it is almost non existing .
For the Online Play however it happens quite frequently that a player chases another and banks and rolls hard . In this Situation it happens that the planestate for example in roll is corrected to the calculated flightdata from this participant that makes nice shifting moves
or incomplete moves. Also some planes move slightly forward and back all the time thats mainly a ping/packetloss issue but comes to the same point.

Question is it possible that when the Planestate is altered or corrected by incomming data that a timedependend correction rate trys to bring it smooth back into position. Same for rolling and turning.

At first i though this is a cpu or gfx performance related issue but its the same on high end systems.

Regards,
Hyperion

Recon_609IAP
01-21-2004, 10:00 PM
online, I see AI aircraft 'bobble'

wonder if that is related, or just lagg.

S!
609IAP_Recon

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg
Agnus Dei, Qui Tollis peccata mundi, Miserere nobis. Dona nobis pacem

BBB_Hyperion
01-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Its mostly a issue with real Players but when your connection has some packet loss or high ping it also may happen to AI Planes that are under control of the host CPU. Hardest form of this is when a player LAGS he WARPS around madly. To avoid this i suggested to correct its position smoothly not directly like it is now.

Regards,
Hyperion