PDA

View Full Version : OMG new hidden blade

berserker134
05-08-2012, 12:31 AM
they gave us another teaser trailler and it showed us a awesome new hidden blade that turns into a knife watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lv0DnFcgubA

comment below

NinjaSpartanII
05-08-2012, 01:18 AM
I think even though it looks very cool, how did he just flick off the blade from the bracer? Also, will this mean this mean the hidden blade will double as a second knife? It would be pretty cool to dual-weild a knife in actual gameplay, not like they did with ezio, but actually using them both at the same time. Whatever it is, cant wait for more
Footage to come.

sticks165
05-08-2012, 01:24 AM
it doubles as a dagger

agitatedchimp
05-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Looks AWESOME! ;) can't wait to see how it will affect gameplay!

EscoBlades
05-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Not really new, as the first screens showed the detachable blade a while back.

But new in that this is the first time we see it in action :D

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Not really new, as the first screens showed the detachable blade a while back.

But new in that this is the first time we see it in action :D
Oh Please... Some people didnt even know there was a hidden blade in the first place..
Do you really expect EVERYONE to know that it was detachable ? How absurd to think, AC with no Hidden blade... has the whole world gone crazy ?

Acrimonious_Nin
05-08-2012, 01:59 AM
^ totally crazy

ProletariatPleb
05-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Nothing new really, I remember this was in that large list of AC facts, and also a thread when someone spotted the hidden blade and the exact design of the knife showed in reveal trailer.

CrazySN
05-08-2012, 03:44 AM
I wonder if the hidden blade is truly detachable, or it just turns around as part of the blade mechanic. The latter would be cooler IMO.

ProletariatPleb
05-08-2012, 03:56 AM
I wonder if the hidden blade is truly detachable, or it just turns around as part of the blade mechanic. The latter would be cooler IMO.

I think it's probably completely detachable, judge for yourself:
http://i.minus.com/izr0tu0k22zeS.gif

CrazySN
05-08-2012, 04:26 AM

I don't know. It looks like it rotates by itself to me and in the teaser, the blade makes some sort of rotating noise when he does it. Not to mention, I think it would be counter-productive to have the blade detachable, as it would probably be annoying to put it back in the gauntlet. I could be wrong though.

ProletariatPleb
05-08-2012, 04:36 AM
I don't know. It looks like it rotates by itself to me and in the teaser, the blade makes some sort of rotating noise when he does it. Not to mention, I think it would be counter-productive to have the blade detachable, as it would probably be annoying to put it back in the gauntlet. I could be wrong though.
Ehh, look at the image, Connor uses his finger to rotate it and the sound was of the hidden blade coming out and then I guess the next sound is of the knife/blade rubbing against the surface of bracer while rotating.

morpheusPrime08
05-08-2012, 05:45 AM

Pretty sure Ubi is not going to make putting the blade back in place a hassel;)

Man im loving Connors 'Denzel' walk, dude means business:cool:.

reddragonhrcro
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
And as you can see it is still attached while he turns it.

Scystab
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
So there has been some talks about the blade doubling as a dagger. Would this mean that we can still use the hiddenblade the classic way, if we want? To me it looks like we will, because the blade pops out exactly as we are used too, before rotating. Does anyone have any info on that?

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 12:32 PM
So there has been some talks about the blade doubling as a dagger. Would this mean that we can still use the hiddenblade the classic way, if we want? To me it looks like we will, because the blade pops out exactly as we are used too, before rotating. Does anyone have any info on that?
Well, we dont need info to know that Of course you can still use the hidden blade the classic way..
If you give me one reason why it may not be used classically, I`ll just shut up..

SleezeRocker
05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I wonder if Hawke/Connor will have a shooting mechanism for blades?

I always wonder if there was a shootable blade from the wrist (kinda like Shao Jun in AC Embers). Maybe pointless but eh I sometimes think about it.

pirate1802
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm loving the whole predator vibe Connor gives off in this trailer.

berserker134
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
guys if u look closeley when he rotates the blade there is a stick and through the stick there is a slit so this doesn't need to be detachable because it would be annoyng to put back look closely

Scystab
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, we dont need info to know that Of course you can still use the hidden blade the classic way..
If you give me one reason why it may not be used classically, I`ll just shut up..

Hey, i just wanted to hear if anyone saw a picture or anything at PAX where Connor used the blade the classic way, because i've only seen Connor holding it like a dagger. :) i'm not claiming anything, or saying anyone should shut up here :)

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey, i just wanted to hear if anyone saw a picture or anything at PAX where Connor used the blade the classic way, because i've only seen Connor holding it like a dagger. :) i'm not claiming anything, or saying anyone should shut up here :)
I did`nt say that you`ll tell me to shut up, but I think It is absurd that you might have even the smallest shred of doubt that he wont be able to use the hidden blade the classic way..

ProletariatPleb
05-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I did`nt say that you`ll tell me to shut up, but I think It is absurd that you might have even the smallest shred of doubt that he wont be able to use the hidden blade the classic way..
What he said^ Dayum M, I'm starting to like you :P

When the developers say you can use the hidden blade as a blade and as a dagger with the Tomahawk, they mean classic style is possible.

Scystab
05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I havent spotted that comment from the devs stating that you can use it "as a blade AND as a dagger", so thanks for clearing that up. But then again, haven't been scrutinizing the latests news, so i'll add an apologie aswell ;)

freddie_1897
05-08-2012, 05:44 PM
"this is the knife blade, it is both a knife and a blade, so you can use one, or the other, an elegant design"

ProletariatPleb
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
"this is the knife blade, it is both a knife and a blade, so you can use one, or the other, an elegant design"
I need to fix that from my memory(if you get the reference :P)

"The Knife blade has two parts you see, the Knife and the Blade, so you can use one, or the other. An elegant design."
"Show me how it works."(Means..Give me gameplay!)

SleezeRocker
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I havent spotted that comment from the devs stating that you can use it "as a blade AND as a dagger"

Lol I wonder if Ubisoft will gives another mentoring componentsfail like Yusuf did in ACR

*im sorry but i really could not resist*

http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/video-game-memes-so-i-can-stab-and-grab-things.png

Madangry
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Maybe it works like a emei piercer? Still attached and able to spin around.

OriginalMiles
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Am I the only one who isn't anywhere near bothered if the Hidden Blade is also a Knife?
I just hope there is a normal knife too, so I can Hidden Blade assassinate while killing a lot of enemies with the dagger.

De Filosoof
05-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Lol I wonder if Ubisoft will gives another mentoring componentsfail like Yusuf did in ACR

*im sorry but i really could not resist*

Maybe something like: The ropedart has two parts, the rope and the dart.

freddie_1897
05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
has it occurred to anyone just how lazy the assassins had to be to make this new design?

"**** it mentor, i am so sick of having to pull my knife out of it's holster, it wastes so much time"
"hmm, how about we make the hidden blade, a knife as well!!?? that way it is 2 seconds quicker to get a knife out!"
"yay! coming up with that idea is way better than doing something worthwhile!"

Pitalla
05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
It looks interesting indeed.

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 01:27 AM
has it occurred to anyone just how lazy the assassins had to be to make this new design?

"**** it mentor, i am so sick of having to pull my knife out of it's holster, it wastes so much time"
"hmm, how about we make the hidden blade, a knife as well!!?? that way it is 2 seconds quicker to get a knife out!"
"yay! coming up with that idea is way better than doing something worthwhile!"
Or maybe to be better equipped yet seem Unarmed ?

Abeonis
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM

I posted this response on another thread about this revelation (see what I did there, ;p). "The blade's "handle" is [most likely] fixed on a pivot so that it can be held as a normal dagger, and when not in use as such, easily be rotated and fixed back into it's traditional orientation."

ProletariatPleb
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I posted this response on another thread about this revelation (see what I did there, ;p). "The blade's "handle" is [most likely] fixed on a pivot so that it can be held as a normal dagger, and when not in use as such, easily be rotated and fixed back into it's traditional orientation."
Yeah, I saw the thread, didn't feel like replying with this pic, I replied way too much yesterday :P
Oh and I See whut u did tharr

rupok2
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
what I don't get is that this design in real life would probably just be problematic when u actually push the knife through someones skull. I mean he seems to rotate it so easily so wouldn't it bend when u actually try to kill someone with the regular hidden blade?

Serrachio
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
what I don't get is that this design in real life would probably just be problematic when u actually push the knife through someones skull. I mean he seems to rotate it so easily so wouldn't it bend when u actually try to kill someone with the regular hidden blade?

It probably locks into place when used as a Hidden Blade, but it can be unlocked to swivel around on the pivot as it does in the animated picture.

Mr_Shade
05-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi guys,

The dagger is not detachable - it swivels on the blade mechanism - but stays attached ;)

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi guys,

The dagger is not detachable - it swivels on the blade mechanism - but stays attached ;)
I cant say I knew it..

CrazySN
05-10-2012, 12:03 AM
I cant say I knew it..

But I can. =P

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 12:04 AM
But I can. =P
Sure ;)

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Or maybe to be better equipped yet seem Unarmed ?

this. It's smart that they made the hidden blade a knife too. I wonder what other upgrades there are :P

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
sooo if the knife is the hidden blade....I will take it that the rope dart is an attachment like the hidden gun ? I do not see a ''rope dart mechanism'' in that video posted here.

BTW: In the picture that was first released to us, Connor is about to tomahawk a red coat, is there any chance that on his right forearm those leather straps with the Assassin's insignia is a 2nd hidden blade ?

LightRey
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
sooo if the knife is the hidden blade....I will take it that the rope dart is an attachment like the hidden gun ? I do not see a ''rope dart mechanism'' in that video posted here.

BTW: In the picture that was first released to us, Connor is about to tomahawk a red coat, is there any chance that on his right forearm those leather straps with the Assassin's insignia is a 2nd hidden blade ?
Or the mechanism will be modified later on to turn it into a hidden blade/knife/rope dart mechanism.

DavisP92
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM

i heard somewhere that the rope dart was an item that you had to buy once you used it once or so. not quite sure though.

side note: there has to be a whole bunch of upgrades to the hidden blade and new weapons they haven't told us about, i can't wait to see them