PDA

View Full Version : AC 3- Ben Franklin

Ultim4teSurviv4
05-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I couldn't seem to find a post about this so I thought I would post it here.
Apparently AC3 is using Ben franklins more "perverted" side... have a read of the article and let me know how you think this will play out or any other discussions about his character
http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/selecting-victims-in-assassins-creed-3-these-are-real-people-and-this-is-wh

just scroll down to the "ben franklins love of women.." heading and have a read

EDIT... sorry i found it....CLOSE THREAD

Paulsifer42
09-15-2012, 05:40 AM
This disappoints me a little. Franklin is one of my favorite characters from the time, though they are right about him being in France a great deal. I'd also hoped he'd be something of a Da Vinci, but it looks like that's not going to be the case either. Oh well.

rileypoole1234
09-15-2012, 05:45 AM
This disappoints me a little. Franklin is one of my favorite characters from the time, though they are right about him being in France a great deal. I'd also hoped he'd be something of a Da Vinci, but it looks like that's not going to be the case either. Oh well.

You should be happy that they're depicting him as realistically as possible. He never was anything like Da Vinci.

SynysterSnyper
09-15-2012, 06:26 AM
I was watching a documentary about Ben Franklin and he would pay people to dig up dead bodies from the cemetary for medical expiriments. Showed a whole different side of hime then what I was used to.

deskp
09-15-2012, 06:28 AM

I seem to remember a mouse being the real creator of his inventions. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1X6l99y23Y)

Btw one of the first things the devs said was that he would not be a new Leo.

Paulsifer42
09-15-2012, 07:12 AM
You should be happy that they're depicting him as realistically as possible. He never was anything like Da Vinci.

Oh, I didn't want him to act like Da Vinci. They were two very different guys, but they did both invent and were both educated. As in, both could have translated things, both could have made things for the main character. I know some about him, and that's they guy I wanted in the game. I just wanted more of him.

I was watching a documentary about Ben Franklin and he would pay people to dig up dead bodies from the cemetary for medical expiriments. Showed a whole different side of hime then what I was used to.

But this is why I wanted more of him in the game: he was nutty, but he was smart, and I think capable of helping/being part of the assassins.

I seem to remember a mouse being the real creator of his inventions. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1X6l99y23Y)

Btw one of the first things the devs said was that he would not be a new Leo.

I loved 'Ben and Me'! It was one of my favorites growing up. I even wanted to name a son Amos until my wife put her foot down.

And I haven't been following the game very closely, I just wanted to see if Ben was going to feature, and I learned that he will, and I'm happy about that, but he won't feature very much, and I'm sad about that.

Locopells
09-15-2012, 01:23 PM

That's not unusual for the time. Grave robbing for medical people was quite big business in some parts of the world. In fact that's how the idea of a 'Wake' grew up - it used to be people holding vigil at the graveside after burial to make sure they weren't dug straight up again.

Black_Widow9
09-16-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm going to close this since you found the other thread. ;)