PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Brotherhood's or Revelation's multiplayer maps? And why?

stingray10
05-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Personally, i prefer Revelation's maps.

I think they are stunning visually. I love the exotic atmosphere and diversity of the maps. I prefer the more middle eastern / oriental style Revelation's maps have to offer than Brotherhood. I think in Revelation's the art direction si going well in Sp and MP, combined with interesting colour schemes and different atmospheres i think they are superb.

I wish to be honest that instead of focusing on Brotherhood's multiplayer maps that they would have focused on Revelation's maps for the first multiplayer experience.

I mean for Souk if you ever look at the outer edges, you can see winding houses with a more organic and interesting atmosphere than some of the Revelations maps potray.

Although, i do agree with Serrachio that the hookblade is a problem.

Opinions? http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

CerealAssassin
05-04-2012, 10:38 PM
I prefer ACB maps, I think they are the perfect size and I prefer the whole italian rennaisance period

Serrachio
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM
The reason why I like ACB maps is because for most of them, they give off a clean and vibrant feel to them. (aside from Forli and Monteriggioni for obvious reasons.)

I also think that they're better balanced when it came to the Brotherhood MP modes, and were easier to navigate and climb than the Revelations Maps. I figure that the Hookblade made climbing more of a chore, and that walls are more sticky and prone to having you make mistakes.

Overall, I think the problem with Revelations is poor map design. It seems that Souk is one of the best out of the Revelations maps, simply because everything is near enough on a level surface, though it would have been nicer to have some extra acrobatic spots and for the courtyard at the back to be less fiddly with the large wooden panels.

SixKeys
05-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Only a couple of ACR's maps weren't designed for roofers. ACB had nice variation: you had the likes of Mont St. Michel and Alhambra for roof runners and San Donato and Siena for more ground-based play. The ACB maps were also the right size. When I first heard ACR's maps were going to be bigger, I was excited, but soon discovered that bigger maps just mean having to run more from one side of the map all the way across to your target. None of ACRs maps seem as memorable to me, either, they're all very similar in atmosphere and design.

Anykeyer
05-06-2012, 07:19 AM
ACB maps were better, mostly. I just cant stand abominations like galata, hospital (in all modes) or antioch (almost all modes, but fine in AA). On the other hand MSM and Ahambra can be easily played without roofing.

SashAlex
05-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I also loved more the ACB maps because of their perfect size for a dynamic session. I'm not by any means a roofer. I hate the roofs. And when you see in ACR on Knight's Hospital n00bs running all the session on the roofs, it just doesn't seem enjoyable to play the session anymore. I quit, even if I'm 1st sometimes.

MSM and Venice ported from ACB are still my favourites. From the new maps Souk is by far the best one. Antioch seems OK, but a bit big. Knight's Hospital is just huge and doesn't have smth to catch me. Wanted was always my fave mode. Now I have to play more Deathmatch because of the huge sizes of the actual maps.

ACB maps were perfect for me because I used to be silent a lot more than now.

ACSisterHood
05-08-2012, 05:50 AM
I loved Brotherhood more but a few of Revelations like Souk is one of my personal favourites.

Imo, Revelations havent reallydone much to eliminate roofing, a few maps I disliked because most hiding spots were near roofs and a few maps has way too many buildings for a game mode like Manhunt but it may be suitable for say Artifact Assasuly etc.

CheeseLightsaber
05-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Overall ACB's are better IMO. The two maps I enjoy the most from ACR are Souk and Ippokratous. Ippo has my favorite Deathmatch area, and is kinda the Rome of ACR (although of course Rome is still in ACR) Souk is just a nice break from all the roofing of the other maps. But my favorties still stand from ACB: Venice, Rome and Siena.

Just Krispy
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Its a shame Ubi doesn't just release the DLC maps for everyone because Jerusalem is a pretty good map. Lots of open spaces plus places to hide...minimal roofing opportunities...Dyers isn't bad either. For Wanted all the Revelations maps are way too big....