PDA

View Full Version : Article: Selecting victims in Assassin's Creed 3

SixKeys
05-04-2012, 07:37 PM
PA Report article on the historical accuracy of the people in AC. Not much new info, except that George Washington's nose is apparently very difficult to model and Ben Franklin was a bit of a ladies' man. :p Still an interesting read:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/selecting-victims-in-assassins-creed-3-these-are-real-people-and-this-is-wh

playassassins1
05-04-2012, 07:50 PM
http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/par/img/editorial/asscreed_real.jpg

Look at the dates, under the screenshot it says:These are real people, and this is where and when they diedThey even name the soldiers that you randomly kill.

rileypoole1234
05-04-2012, 08:47 PM
This is really cool. It'll make me feel bad about killing random guards though.

dxsxhxcx
05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/par/img/editorial/asscreed_real.jpg

Look at the dates, under the screenshot it says:These are real people, and this is where and when they died

They even name the soldiers that you randomly kill.

I think that was the title of the article, I don't think they'll name the soldiers we kill, that image is just a way to illustrate the title, with that I believe they meant that our main targets will be real people...

playassassins1
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I think that was the title of the article, I don't think they'll name the soldiers we kill, that image is just a way to illustrate the title, with that I believe they meant that our main targets will be real people...

Yeah, i was having a second thought about it. But it would be very cool if guards will have names...

Serrachio
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, i was having a second thought about it. But it would be very cool if guards will have names...

Kind of like dogtags from Metal Gear Solid.

TheHumanTowel
05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
lol I guess Ben Franklin had plently of "outlets"...like a certain Italian nobleman.

playassassins1
05-04-2012, 09:52 PM
lol I guess Ben Franklin had plently of "outlets"...like a certain Italian nobleman.

Like EZIO!!

Black_Widow9
05-04-2012, 10:09 PM
That's a lot of research and pretty cool IMO. ;)

SixKeys
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm starting to think this game will feel like having Ezio and Alta´r in the same game. I don't mean like in ACR, I mean like they're actually in the same room. Ben Franklin being the lecherous ladies' man and Connor being the stoic, serious type. ;)

xOMGITSJASONx
05-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Now that is pretty interesting.

Dieinthedark
05-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm hoping Connor really is the stoic serious guy like Altair honestly...

playassassins1
05-05-2012, 01:37 AM

I'm hoping He's serious, but also has some humor. So Altair and Ezio in one.

kudos17
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM

Well, Connor so far has been described as a man of noble intentions and few words, and guys like that rarely speak unnecessarily - that includes humour.

I hope that Connor is more collected than the somewhat-immature, emotionally-fueled Ezio but less dark than Altair. I just want him to be a guy who has emotions, but doesn't show them directly.

Think about it - we connected to Ezio so well because he was open with his emotions. We could connect just as well to Connor if we are aware of his emotions, but we don't actually see them. It could give that feeling of "Ooh, I know what he's thinking..." even though all the in-game characters don't, because we are aware of what he's done and how he's felt about it previously.

I personally feel that that is a more interesting and complex way of connecting the character to the player than just throwing out an immediately likable character.

Josegtx13
05-05-2012, 02:33 AM

Well, Connor so far has been described as a man of noble intentions and few words, and guys like that rarely speak unnecessarily - that includes humour.

I hope that Connor is more collected than the somewhat-immature, emotionally-fueled Ezio but less dark than Altair. I just want him to be a guy who has emotions, but doesn't show them directly.

Think about it - we connected to Ezio so well because he was open with his emotions. We could connect just as well to Connor if we are aware of his emotions, but we don't actually see them. It could give that feeling of "Ooh, I know what he's thinking..." even though all the in-game characters don't, because we are aware of what he's done and how he's felt about it previously.

I personally feel that that is a more interesting and complex way of connecting the character to the player than just throwing out an immediately likable character.

My respond to the bold, is that I'm hoping Connor is like that.