PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3' Being Treated like a new ip

berserker134
05-03-2012, 01:58 AM
i found this new article http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-treated-like-new-ip-dyce-146302/

Zebroneath
05-03-2012, 02:47 AM
I would not worry about it. It is confusing that new players coming into the series by this game alone would understand the story and mythology, but overall it is still AC in my eyes. You can only be sure when you actually play the game.

SixKeys
05-03-2012, 03:01 AM
I don't see this as a problem. ACB and ACR were extensions of Ezio's story, nothing more. The things we learned in them regarding Desmond and co. can be explained in flashbacks or in the narrative. Desmond spent all of ACR in a coma, for God's sakes, and the only major thing that happened in ACB was Lucy's death. The only things that really require some proper explaining for newcomers is what Lucy's part was in Desmond's story and what changed, and the encounters with TWCB.

dxsxhxcx
05-03-2012, 03:28 AM
The only things that really require some proper explaining for newcomers is what Lucy's part was in Desmond's story and what changed

in that flashback in the beginning of the game:
Desmond: Oh, and then there was Lucy, who I thought was the most loyal assassin ended up being a traitor and templar...

Shaun: now let's stop wasting our time with was already said in the previous games, right?! We have a world to save so if you don't mind let's play AC3 because we also have answers to a lot of questions to provide in this game, newcomers, go play the other games first if you want to be aware of all the details, thanks... :p

GLHS
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Lol that sounds just like Shaun. But yeah, I agree. I know they have to do some sort of a review of the last few games, but it gets old. They did a pretty good job of just starting the games with that and not really going back to it, so I'm not worried about how AC3 will deal with it. I think they'll stick with a similar formula.

kudos17
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Personally, I'm glad, really. I like the complex behind-the-scenes narrative, but the whole addition of TWCB, after a while, seemed rather too complex for my tastes. I was fine with just the origins of the PoE's being a mystery throughout the series, maybe even being uncovered in a later series, after Desmond.

I'm okay with the way they have it set up now, but I'm happy to hear they're "going back to basics", so to speak. I share the concerns of the author of the article, however, that "A good entry point for newcomers", if anything but a marketing tool, is a worrying sign. I have confidence in Ubi, though.

egriffin09
05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm actually excited that it's being treated like a new IP. In my opinion, a little into ACR the stucture and some of the of AC:R started to feel old to me, it was still really fun, but felt old in a way. Since it's AC, they will keep the foundation of social stealth, navigation, and combat, but I'm really excited to see what new gameplay innovations they bring to AC III. I read in an article a while back that the going from mission point to mission point will be revamped and in AC 3 you can have multiple missions open at once (I think it will be like kindof like skyrim's mission stucture). Also there will be the new "non-lethal" takedowns, where Connor have the option to just knock out or chock out an enemy instead of killing them (I think it will be like batman's silent takedown game mechanic). I 'm sure there's lots more that will be innovated in AC 3, that's why I can't wait until E3, because they will be telling us loads more about AC 3, plus we will finally get to see the gameplay (It's bittersweet, because I'm really want to see the gameplay, but once I do,it will make me want the game 100x more and the wait until October will be super long.

JCearlyyears
05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I am entirely afraid for ac because I keep seeing it said that it will be treated like a new IP and it isn't. If they really are treating this like a new IP, it wont feel like AC, which is what I want to buy not a new IP. I think that AC will have the mythology watered down to appeal to more people, which in my opinion is horrible. I like change, and we can't judge finally until he game is out, but right now it seems like the game is changed too much in the wrong way.

freddie_1897
05-03-2012, 08:23 PM
in that flashback in the beginning of the game:
Desmond: Oh, and then there was Lucy, who I thought was the most loyal assassin ended up being a traitor and templar...

Shaun: now let's stop wasting our time with was already said in the previous games, right?! We have a world to save so if you don't mind let's play AC3 because we also have answers to a lot of questions to provide in this game, newcomers, go play the other games first if you want to be aware of all the details, thanks... :p
i agree with Shaun for once.

but seriously, people shouldn't jump on the bandwagon thinking they know how the bandwagon got there in the first place, Ubi should reward there loyal fans, not try to entice new ones, they should that for AC4 when theres a new main protagonist

De Filosoof
05-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I hope the new creative director won't screw AC3 up.
Keep it an assassin's creed game with it's great atmosphere please.
I like all the things i've heard so far like the awesome game mechanics and graphics but please get the most important thing right, the storyline and the atmosphere.
I don't care how good the game looks if those things are messed up.
ACR messed up pretty bad with the subject 16 and Lucy stuff. Please don't let that happen to this game.
Everyone makes mistakes but please learn from them.