PDA

View Full Version : A 100% synch reward should be in AC3

berserker134
05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
u know ive played all ac games and got 100% but i was expecting a reward well i gues i was wrong so i really hope in this ac we get a reward

Serrachio
05-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I doubt it.

The only realistic thing they could do is have a multiplayer character come back, like how they brought back the Courtesan into ACR, but I'd rather not have a returning MP character at all.
I wouldn't mind them taking elements from previous characters like how the Sentinel emulates the Prowler, but AC3 is a new time period so I'd like it to be purely original.

So basically, I can't see any sort of 100% completion reward make its way into the singleplayer of AC3.

playassassins1
05-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Doesn't 100% synch give you old Altair costume in ACR?

Abeonis
05-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Indeed. Completing a sequence at 100% unlocks a specific cheat (dependant on the sequence).

Serrachio
05-03-2012, 01:11 AM

They're referring to having a reward in AC3 for getting 100% in ACR etc.

Abeonis
05-03-2012, 01:17 AM
They're referring to having a reward in AC3 for getting 100% in ACR etc.
That would be a no. Achievements cannot be dependant on an additional purchase (I.e. you cannot have an achievement for completing Revelations 100% in ACIII because that would make the achievement unachievable to those who haven't purchased Revelations).

Serrachio
05-03-2012, 01:45 AM
That would be a no. Achievements cannot be dependant on an additional purchase (I.e. you cannot have an achievement for completing Revelations 100% in ACIII because that would make the achievement unachievable to those who haven't purchased Revelations).

It's not about achievements. It's about giving people who have completed ACR etc. some additional content like outfits or something else in AC3.

I don't agree though.

Zebroneath
05-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I actually think it's possible for there to be a 100% synch reward. They already confirmed that you would get beneficial rewards by just completing a mission 100%. Reward enough is an incentive to make you do that 100%, and that is what they are aiming for.

jmk1999
05-03-2012, 02:56 AM
i doubt it... if they did, it probably wouldn't be anything more than an achievement. there's very few people that go that extra mile to collect all the flags, chests, etc. etc. if that's what you're referring to (i know don't). i can certainly understand 100% sync on the main missions, which is what they've been doing... but the entire game? unlikely. nothing worthwhile anyway. if someone's a completionist, they're gonna do it regardless.

Serrachio
05-03-2012, 03:20 AM
It's not about getting 100% in AC3, it's about having completed games prior to it to 100% (ACR, ACB etc.), and then having AC3 give you rewards when the game interconnects with the others. Like Bloodlines and AC2 for example, except that wasn't really based around having completed a game to 100%

Also Dom, there was one achievement in the Da Vinci DLC for ACB that was for completely getting 100% sync for in the whole game, named Il Principe.

jmk1999
05-03-2012, 03:30 AM
ah, my mistake... regardless, i don't know if it's a good idea. on the other hand, having a game save for ACR or something seems like a good idea, like as stated in regards to the courtesan in ACR's multiplayer.

Abeonis
05-03-2012, 03:41 PM
ah, my mistake... regardless, i don't know if it's a good idea. on the other hand, having a game save for ACR or something seems like a good idea, like as stated in regards to the courtesan in ACR's multiplayer.

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea. We're already rewarded for completing the memories 100% with the unlockable cheats, so why put individuals who haven't purchased Brotherhood or Revelations at a disadvantage before they've even put ACIII into their console? If the OP had been referring to achievements/trophies then I would have been a little more understanding, but the Micrsoft and Sony policies on achievements forbide to inclusion of achievements that require a further purchase.

rileypoole1234
05-03-2012, 08:59 PM
They shouldn't even have 100% sync anymore. Just my opinion.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
It's not about getting 100% in AC3, it's about having completed games prior to it to 100% (ACR, ACB etc.), and then having AC3 give you rewards when the game interconnects with the others. Like Bloodlines and AC2 for example, except that wasn't really based around having completed a game to 100%

Also Dom, there was one achievement in the Da Vinci DLC for ACB that was for completely getting 100% sync for in the whole game, named Il Principe.

Huh? You totally misread the OP and misunderstood by a long shot. The OP is talking about getting everything in the game and having 100% synch and getting a reward for that, not completing the past games and getting rewards for that in ACIII.

So, in response the OP. I would also like to have a reward for completing ACIII entirely with a 100% synch. It'd be cool to get something for putting the time to complete a game to its entirety.

berserker134
05-04-2012, 01:59 AM
This guy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ should be banned

peapole i was refering to having in AC3 a reward of this games not for completing the others

OriginalMiles
05-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Please don't quote spam... especially when it involves piracy and unsafe links.
Bit early for a leak, isn't?
LIAR!

jmk1999
05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Personally, I think it's a terrible idea. We're already rewarded for completing the memories 100% with the unlockable cheats, so why put individuals who haven't purchased Brotherhood or Revelations at a disadvantage before they've even put ACIII into their console? If the OP had been referring to achievements/trophies then I would have been a little more understanding, but the Micrsoft and Sony policies on achievements forbide to inclusion of achievements that require a further purchase.

i wouldn't say a "disadvantage"... it's smart marketing by encouraging someone to purchase the other games in the series to discover more about the story (as well as make the extra sales). no one says that these have to be huge unlocks or anything... for example, FFXIII-2 has a free theme you can unlock if you have FFXIII saved on your system... or what some of the FPS games do (battlefield 2's weapon unlocks for having BF1). something like that is ideal... basically a bonus for those who have put in the effort to play the previous games. it doesn't have to be something groundbreaking, insanely awesome, or a missing piece of the puzzle that makes you NEED to buy the other games or anything.

Serrachio
05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Huh? You totally misread the OP and misunderstood by a long shot. The OP is talking about getting everything in the game and having 100% synch and getting a reward for that, not completing the past games and getting rewards for that in ACIII.

So, in response the OP. I would also like to have a reward for completing ACIII entirely with a 100% synch. It'd be cool to get something for putting the time to complete a game to its entirety.

Well, if I did misunderstand, it's isn't hard to believe considering this was said:

u know ive played all ac games and got 100% but i was expecting a reward well i gues i was wrong so i really hope in this ac we get a reward

Considering they mentioned "Played all AC games and got 100% but I was expecting a reward", and then linked it into AC3, it's not that unreasonable to believe they wanted something for getting 100% in their previous games in AC3. If they had put "Will there be a reward for completing AC3 to 100%?" then there'd be no problem, so this really isn't my fault.

But really, even if you did complete the game to 100%, what use would you get out of a reward? They already gave people costumes and cheats for getting 100% in a memory sequence, why does 100% sync need a reward too?

By the time you've completed the game to 100%, a new weapon isn't going to do much, and costumes are just vanity items.

Abeonis
05-04-2012, 09:34 AM
This guy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ should be banned

peapole i was refering to having in AC3 a reward of this games not for completing the others
Well, if you had said that in the first place, Slate (Serrachio) and myself would not have been confused. Once again, the reward will be unlockable cheats.