PDA

View Full Version : Modern AC Ideas

ANewOutlet
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Let me begin by saying that this thread is only asking for ideas and speculation as to what would be in a modern AC game (assuming there ever was one). I'm not asking for reasons why there will never be a modern AC game, or your opinion as to how bad it would be, or how it wouldn't be AC because it's modern, so post that stuff elsewhere.

Secondly, I apologise if this thread has been made before, as I assume it has, but when I used the search function I found nothing (although, to my detriment, I probably used it wrong). If the need arises, instead of locking this thread could you simply merge it with the most active ideas thread at the time? Please and thankyou (Y)

Anyway, my idea is related to factions. One of the modern day factions that help the assassins could be the local homeless communities, who you could pay to distract enemies, or you could hide with, as people generally pretend that homeless people don't exist even when they're mere feet away.

Another faction could be gangs. These gangs wouldn't be loyal solely to the assassins, but to whoever pays them the most. They could replace the mercenaries in previous games and act as hired goons. You could also hire them for their 'waste-management' services. If you need a body moved or disposed of, they could take care of that for you.

Another faction could be drug dealers, who you could pay to poison or drug your targets, or plant their product on others to frame them.

Anyway, opinions? And ideas of your own?

kthx;)

freddie_1897
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
no, modern just, no, imo if they ever did a modern only AC game i would probably not buy it.

TheHumanTowel
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't mind a modern game but It should be far down the line. I want to see them explore some more time periods before we get one set in the present. If they do make one they need to completely revamp the structure and systems in the game. The current set up wouldn't translate at all to modern cities.

notafanboy
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
No.

Dieinthedark
05-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I've though about this before and i keep coming to the same conclusion. I honestly don't think that can happen but at least let me be constructive. American Revo. there's some guns sure, but TODAY, everything would be guns, i don't think they could have something other than guns without it seeming very odd. And whether you like it or not, AC has its focus on sword/knife combat so...