PDA

View Full Version : To The SP Community

FilipinoNinja67
04-30-2012, 04:12 AM
I noticed that a lot of you guys don't play the MP so my question is, what will it take for you guys to enjoy the MP and be active on that side of the community?

We would like to hear your voice on what you think is wrong with the MP.

I would put this in the multiplayer section of the forums but next to none of you guys visit that side.

twenty_glyphs
04-30-2012, 04:41 AM
There's not much they can do to make me play the multiplayer more. I'm just not a multiplayer type of player, so it doesn't appeal to me and probably many other members here as well. In fact, the Assassin's Creed multiplayer is the only multiplayer game I've ever played. I enjoyed the multiplayer a lot and thought it was unique, but I'm just not going to play it more than the few weeks that I played back in December. I might play more, but I'm not going to pay $60 a year for Xbox Live Gold just to play this game's multiplayer every now and then.

DavisP92
04-30-2012, 05:14 AM
The MP is fun... for a while. It's not as enjoyable as the SP, well as AC1's and AC2's SP. I'd rather have a co-op campaign rather then a MP story. so there really isn't a way to fix it for me

gamertam
04-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Maybe the gaming industry should look into the whole multi-player aspect rather than just a single factor or a game from a much larger part. For shooting games, campers, spawn killing, and certainly the whole mod thing. Where your opponents have advantages over you. Evidently it showed through and through just search on youtube. It not fun playing when clearly you have won the battle only get kills because of glitches, bugs or whatever. I think that if everyone can play the game fair and square on an equal level. Rewarding those with legit skills and merit. Not feel like your playing against an un-beatable bots. But actually playing with/against real live gamers. Another thing is the amount of time waiting in the lobby for a match.

(Ooh, here's a thought. Why created an online component for a game when they know before hand the sale won't met its expectation or have a low sale total.?) for example: Ninja Gaiden 3. This is no means of putting down NG3 whatsoever at all. The game didn't do blockbuster sale, in fact it didn't break the 1 million mark. I could be wrong on that. Yet it has an online play. So maybe someone said it right when he/she said not every game should have a multi-player element.

Online play should all be about fun and not so much about leveling up 50-100 times before you unlock something. Idk, i probably have a better answer later. This is my thinking process though. Does this post makes any sense at all?.

AC Brotherhood MP was good, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

eagleforlife1
04-30-2012, 06:49 AM
I would enjoy it if it was more like Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer.

Limed_-
04-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Show people a hidden gun.. sure will make them stay on the MP side. It works.

Sukramo
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
The MP is fun... for a while. It's not as enjoyable as the SP, well as AC1's and AC2's SP. I'd rather have a co-op campaign rather then a MP story. so there really isn't a way to fix it for me

To each their own. I get bored on the SP after the second time I fully complete everything. Maybe I am just spolied with replayability. To me, the MP feels different every time and I win most of the time so its a sort of confirmation that I am awesome.

GLHS
04-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I play MP all the time. I just don't find much of that side of the forum interesting. When in discussions about the game, I guess I'd rather talk about the story of AC, than what I use in MP and how they could improve it.

De Filosoof
04-30-2012, 10:51 AM
The multiplayer is nice, i still play it sometimes but i think the most annoying thing about the MP are people with guns, people walking on roofs all the time and people going on stun rage with smokebombs.
I really enjoy the simple deathmatch by the way.

cless711
04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I do play on the MP, however it just gets boring after a while. The reason, for me at least, is that it just feels like a huge grind (especially after you pass level 50). I'm one of those people who refuses to run no matter what and always blending in with a crowd. It just gets annoying with runners and OSB, but i am gonna stop there before this becomes another MP rant xD.

I like the SP forums because everyone delves deep into the history of AC (Like AC The Fall, which i can not get) and most of the topics in the SP forum are nice to read up on while I wait for AC3. I do see the MP forum sometimes but there is usually nothing I can post there since I was never a hardcore MP player, and I don't plan to be one.

OriginalMiles
04-30-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't play MP because I think its gameplay isn't that good, I think it sucks.

D.I.D.
04-30-2012, 12:03 PM
I only ever liked MP when it was about skill. Running the gauntlet could be exhilarating, but not until shooting requires aiming. The SP needs this too, and I would be very happy to see auto-aim go from the series.

Alternatively, I think Ubisoft needs to look at something other than MP combat as the solution to the problems of customers retaining games (and as a means of selling DLC and thereby increasing the package price). Online gaming need not always mean multiplayer arenas.

There are some customers crying out for co-op play, and many who don't like the arena combat we presently get for MP play. They all love the SP game. The wise thing would be to allow users to design missions for SP and co-op gameplay, which are shared online and extend the value of the game.

You could start with a decent-sized city map, perhaps a new place which isn't featured in the main game. Ubisoft could create a few interesting features in the city to spark inspiration, but leave enough potential for what the user wants to add. Allow the users to add guard patrols, guard posts, mission objectives (assassination targets, treasure chests, assets to destroy etc), maybe even a few buildings here and there. You could set an order in which the tasks must be completed, and add end conditions (i.e. "the player must reach [point x] after completion of the set tasks"). To avoid the gameplay map being too big, the user is given a cookie-cutter border and has to place it around their chunk of the map. They must play their mission and beat it, to prove it is possible to win, and then the mission can be saved to the database for others to try.

I think there would be far more life in this, and players could feel that everything was fair.

FilipinoNinja67
04-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I play the MP because I am a stealth nerd and lately the campaigns have been lacking just that. I would love the multiplayer if it wasn't for the multiplayer community that OSB's then says it's not their fault that they do it.

Razrback16
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I noticed that a lot of you guys don't play the MP so my question is, what will it take for you guys to enjoy the MP and be active on that side of the community?

We would like to hear your voice on what you think is wrong with the MP.

I would put this in the multiplayer section of the forums but next to none of you guys visit that side.

I'm not interested in MP for Assassin's Creed. IMO it's a single player game and MP is a waste of time.

FilipinoNinja67
04-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Assassin's Creed SP has become too easy (for me) so I play the MP. In my opinion it can be fun but in order to have fun the whole lobby has to play the "right way".

AaronOliver2012
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey,

I'm a big time Single Player of the Assassins Creed games, but I'm really into all the extensions of the franchise and always love any opportunity for more AC! that said, I've only played the multiplayer 2 or 3 times. I think perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but the system rarely able to find other players, it often takes about half an hour to get me onto a game...and I have a busy schedule so I usually run out of time to play or get impatient with waiting. When I tried this with Brotherhood, it seemed unusual to me but I understood why it might be the case, as I had bought Brotherhood and installed the multiplayer - but my boyfriend moved job and took our PS3 with him before I could get a chance to play the game, meaning it was almost 3/4 of a year before I accessed the multiplayer and I guessed by then that the number of players online would be pretty small (which I suspected was why I couldn't find games).

I thought that if I had waited for a year already for multiplayer, I could at least wait until Revelations came out and try again then. I downloaded the Beta as soon as it was available, and had the same issue with finding anyone else at all playing it. I thought nothing of it and waited for the game, but I bought that on it's release date and tried multiplayer the day after, and I've still had the same issue. Is 20-30 minutes really the time it takes to start a game? How long does it take for other players around here? I have pretty high speed broadband so I"m hoping my connection isn't the problem.

Having not tried the multiplayer too much, I don't have many comments - but if pushed for one, from my impressions I guess the areas could be a little bigger. Hopefully AC3 multiplayer will be easier for me to get on and I can join in the multiplayer community from the beginning!

SixKeys
04-30-2012, 12:50 PM
When it works, the MP is great fun. Sadly, Brotherhood on the PC seems all but abandoned (at least the modes I prefer) and Revelations is so broken it's infuriating. I still play, but I've given up on the devs ever fixing the current flaws, so I don't bother posting suggestions on the MP forums. They're already concentrating all their efforts on AC3, complaining about the stuff that is wrong with ACR is a waste of time.

UrDeviant1
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
I like the MP, It's provided a lot of fun for me, but there are a few things that need to happen for me to call It truly competitive and great.

1. The game needs a way to adequately discourage players from running around like rabid dogs, not using stealth and thinking they're the only player on the team. The knock down In points that they get doesn't seem to deter them from playing this way and kinda ruins It for the better, more stealthy players.

2. All too often Iv tried to find a match without success. Down to a bad netcode or ****ty servers? idk. The day AC3 releases, the MP should run WITHOUT problems.

3. Better matchmaking, with the return of the ability to be able to choose teams.

4. Use of the Hidden Gun should be punishable by DEATH :o

I'm sure there's a lot of other little things I can think of changing, but those are the main points for now.

notafanboy
04-30-2012, 01:40 PM
i like the mp, but AC is all about the single player !

kriegerdesgottes
04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Tbh It's not really the MP that is the problem so much I just don't like playing MP in general, in any game. I hate playing with other people especially people I don't even know. If I do have to play MP I would rather play with someone next to me on a split screen and not do that stupid online MP crap where people cheat, scream, curse, hack, and are just generally annoying. People loved AC because it was a core SP experience so the core fans of AC were always SP people so most of them have zero interest in a MP component. I don't really have anything against MP or people who enjoy it because that's what they're into but I personally hate it. I don't want to play a game where people can hack in and appear in front of me, kill me, then disappear among other cheats I've seen in games and then on top of that hear annoying people have arbitrary conversations with each other that I always just mute. I just hate MP.

eagleforlife1
04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Tbh It's not really the MP that is the problem so much I just don't like playing MP in general, in any game. I hate playing with other people especially people I don't even know. If I do have to play MP I would rather play with someone next to me on a split screen and not do that stupid online MP crap where people cheat, scream, curse, hack, and are just generally annoying. People loved AC because it was a core SP experience so the core fans of AC were always SP people so most of them have zero interest in a MP component. I don't really have anything against MP or people who enjoy it because that's what they're into but I personally hate it. I don't want to play a game where people can hack in and appear in front of me, kill me, then disappear among other cheats I've seen in games and then on top of that hear annoying people have arbitrary conversations with each other that I always just mute. I just hate MP.

Agree with this.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I think MP sucks honestly. I've played all of the Assassin's Creeds, and I just don't think MP is that good. I understand AC is about an Assassin, but most of the time in Assassin's Creed you Aren't Assassinating. It's pure sword-play, and brilliant swordplay at that. I think, if Assassin's Creed MP was Assassin's vs Templars, with the same tools you can use in SP, then it'd be much more appealing. Basically, if MP were like SP, then I'd be willing to play MP. Ubisoft touts the quasi-RPG experience. Well, offer that to players in MP. Let players choose their outfits, their weapons, and throw them into a map where no one looks like them and they kinda stand out. Have a TDM like mode where it's Assassins vs Templars. If Assassin's want to try to assassinate with their hidden blades, then let them. If they want to have some sword play, then let them. If Templars want to try to assassinate Assassins with their weapons, then let them. Have an Assassination game mode, where Assassins hunt Templars, and Templars evade Assassins and try to counter them, disrupting their assassination attempts. Assassins who unsuccessfully attempt to assassinate Templars will have to resort to sword play, or to flee and try again. By adding things like this, you have an MP experience that is much like the SP experience, AND it allows players to actual see what it's like on the other side of Assassin's Creed (Templar side). Assassin's Creed MP is one of the only MPs that I wish had modes more like COD. Because with swords and stuff, it could work well.

FilipinoNinja67
04-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I try to play the SP with stealth so I don't get into too many fights on there. I've never thought of AC to be about the sword play. I think that with the way ubi has been treating their MP games a fighting multiplayer wouldn't work. Imagine the lag o_o I've always thought of AC to be about social stealth and free running, pretty much what the MP focuses on (a little too much free running though :/ ) most of the time.

rileypoole1234
04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
I honestly just don't like playing with other people very much. I like to experience things at my own pace and have a good story. I couldn't care less about getting a good score or winning a match. In my opinion games should focus on SP only and add a multiplayer component only if it works very well. I just love the story of AC so much I can't be bothered to try the multiplayer. I did enjoy it when I played the MP, just not enough to have me keep going back to it.

Dieinthedark
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
The MP lacks all of the features that make the SP interesting. Taking your time, investigating, blending, choosing your time and place to strike. You gotta move fast, kill, and keep moving. It works well but its not my cup of tea so to speak.

Brownsnakeeyes
04-30-2012, 10:19 PM
My biggest complaint with MP is the connection. It takes way too long to get into a game.

I would also play more if it had some kind of coop gameplay playing SP. UBI and other game companies need to understand that not everyone has a good internet connection.
So MP trophies suck for trying to 100% a game.

A good idea would be to have coop with between 2-4 players then bring that to MP. Have 2 teams with 4-6 players. One assassins and one templars. Assassins are trying to assassinate a target, with the templar team trying to stop them. That way you'd have a more team based core gameplay. Even have some maps from the SP. Just block off certain areas. Then bring out other areas of the SP game as free DLC. Maybe even let the community choose the areas. Some would have really good areas picked out from playing coop. The bring out new weapons, abilities, characters, etc. that costs money. That way UBI makes money and the players are happy.

Now since I have two PS3s, if they offered the same MP but allowed me to system link or other means then I'd play more. Leaderboards mean nothing to me but promoting cheaters.

MARV3L3D GAM3R
04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
I just havent had the best experiences with it. The Waiting Lobby takes forever and there is no way to know how far along into it. and then all of a sudden the all the players are there and you can pick teams. I would prefer having like a loading bar or a time limit or something so i know how long to wait because sometimes it is just insanely long of a wait.

i can never seem to get high point kills no matter what i seem to perform so im always like dead last.

the skill levels vary too much.... by that i mean a level 50 and level 3 will be in the same game and its just BS due to the 50 destroying entire teams. There are certainly enough people on the server that it should be more skill selective.

FilipinoNinja67
04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
The MP lacks all of the features that make the SP interesting. Taking your time, investigating, blending, choosing your time and place to strike. You gotta move fast, kill, and keep moving. It works well but its not my cup of tea so to speak.

The MP has all of that but the community doesn't want to play it that way. You ask them to try to play it with actual stealth and stop being a cheap roofer and they thrash out at you and tell you, "quit making up fake honour codes and start doing those cheap tactics yourself!"

cless711
04-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I think MP sucks honestly. I've played all of the Assassin's Creeds, and I just don't think MP is that good. I understand AC is about an Assassin, but most of the time in Assassin's Creed you Aren't Assassinating. It's pure sword-play, and brilliant swordplay at that. I think, if Assassin's Creed MP was Assassin's vs Templars, with the same tools you can use in SP, then it'd be much more appealing. Basically, if MP were like SP, then I'd be willing to play MP. Ubisoft touts the quasi-RPG experience. Well, offer that to players in MP. Let players choose their outfits, their weapons, and throw them into a map where no one looks like them and they kinda stand out. Have a TDM like mode where it's Assassins vs Templars. If Assassin's want to try to assassinate with their hidden blades, then let them. If they want to have some sword play, then let them. If Templars want to try to assassinate Assassins with their weapons, then let them. Have an Assassination game mode, where Assassins hunt Templars, and Templars evade Assassins and try to counter them, disrupting their assassination attempts. Assassins who unsuccessfully attempt to assassinate Templars will have to resort to sword play, or to flee and try again. By adding things like this, you have an MP experience that is much like the SP experience, AND it allows players to actual see what it's like on the other side of Assassin's Creed (Templar side). Assassin's Creed MP is one of the only MPs that I wish had modes more like COD. Because with swords and stuff, it could work well.

You know, if MP was like this.. I would be playing it every day XD

SixKeys
04-30-2012, 11:00 PM
The MP has all of that but the community doesn't want to play it that way. You ask them to try to play it with actual stealth and stop being a cheap roofer and they thrash out at you and tell you, "quit making up fake honour codes and start doing those cheap tactics yourself!"

Which all leads down to the same thing, really. You can't say "the MP is fine, nobody just plays it correctly". The players are what make the MP experience. After the 500th time someone on your team steals your poison (and ACR of course doesn't have a messaging system so you can't even tell them not to do it again), some roof-gunner winning a match with no stealth kills at all but just 20+ kills of 100 points each and every player clustering around the same spot on the map just smoke-bombing each other to death, you start to get a little frustrated. I simply don't have the time or patience to be the only person in every match who follows some self-made code of honor. If I had more friends who play these games, I'm sure I could trust them not to resort to BS all the time but with strangers it's always a crapshoot to see who likes to play the game the way it's meant to be played and who's simply exploiting its weaknesses to boost up their scores.

kriegerdesgottes
05-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Which all leads down to the same thing, really. You can't say "the MP is fine, nobody just plays it correctly". The players are what make the MP experience. After the 500th time someone on your team steals your poison (and ACR of course doesn't have a messaging system so you can't even tell them not to do it again), some roof-gunner winning a match with no stealth kills at all but just 20+ kills of 100 points each and every player clustering around the same spot on the map just smoke-bombing each other to death, you start to get a little frustrated. I simply don't have the time or patience to be the only person in every match who follows some self-made code of honor. If I had more friends who play these games, I'm sure I could trust them not to resort to BS all the time but with strangers it's always a crapshoot to see who likes to play the game the way it's meant to be played and who's simply exploiting its weaknesses to boost up their scores.

Yes I totally agree. The people ruin MP. They really do. And therefore the MP itself sucks because the people on there usually do. I personally enjoy playing from rooftops because sometimes (not always) I feel it's a better strategy. People aren't ever going to play the way you want them to because you think it would be more enjoyable your way. That's just not logical and therefore MP will never be fun ya know. That's why I mentioned before that coop would be acceptable if I absolutely have to deal with MP but I'd rather just not do either one and play by myself at my own pace and do what I want to do without constantly having to worry about being stabbed while doing it. It's so annoying. When I used to play MP way back when Brotherhood came out I would play for less than an hour and become so annoyed and then go into the SP and just feel soooo much better and relaxed. MP just fits certain people's notion of fun I think and that's cool but it sure the hell doesn't fit mine.

Josegtx13
05-01-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm more of a story kind of guy than multiplayer. Of course I like to play MP, but SP is my domain.

AC is the only game where I want to get all the achievements (except for ACB or ACR. Can't find a single match in ACB, and I'm not going to buy the Mediterranean pack for ACR), so in AC3 once I get all the MP achievements I'm going for the singleplayer achievements and just keep playing SP, and on occasions I will play the MP.

UrDeviant1
05-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Sixkeys Is right, and I think what he's getting at Is the fact there Is something fundamentally wrong with the MP, that allows players to play this way, thus making It less enjoyable (imo).

The MP needs revamping. Bring In some features from the SP, like maybe only having a set amount of smoke bombs and bullets available for each match? This would make the gunners and smoke bomb "abusers" act with a little bit more caution with regards to resources. What about having NPC Guards In MP? (or at least certain game modes) who will look out for suspicious activity, so you have to be more careful about your approach at certain areas of the map (where guards roam).

So yeah, some core aspects have to change If Ubi are going to bring In a mass audience for the MP, though I don't know exactly what, I'm not convinced Ubi do either. We'll have to wait and see what MP has In store for us.

PS. I like the Idea of Assassins vs Templar's.

Maybe another good Idea would be to have civilians act cautiously (or even shout) around a player If he/she Is acting overly-aggressive.

FilipinoNinja67
05-01-2012, 04:00 AM

You need to play with SP some time if you are on xbox. Shoot me a friend request and I'll invite you to play with us next time a full team is on. What's your preferred mode?

The difference between playing competitively and non competitively is the intelligence of the opposing players. Usually in competitive matches everyone plays it like it's AC and not CoD. Or we could all play with eachother, just have someone set a time that everyone can make and we can have fun and play ACR the correct way. I like this side of the community a lot more than I do the MP side and I would like to play with you guys some time.

ace3001
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Two reasons I don't play multiplayer:
1) My net connection is not that stable for MP. And getting into a game takes very very long.
2) I play Assassin's Creed for story. Unless MP has story elements other than videos that I can easily look at on Youtube, I have no reason to play MP at all. Coupled with my net connection issues, I just don't bother.

Dtanobo
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
One thing that should be present is to enforce a team effort. Planning attacks and executing them perfectly. Kind of like Splintercell Conviction Co-op. Coop is always talked about but it would be an awesome direction for the multiplayer to go. Feeling like you removed the enemy without being spotted is awesome. Competative has team match types but they're too chaotic and strategy barely goes well. Also maybe the awesome freeroam RDR type multiplayer... it would be so fun.

SixKeys
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
You need to play with SP some time if you are on xbox. Shoot me a friend request and I'll invite you to play with us next time a full team is on. What's your preferred mode?

I'm on PC, so no can do, I'm afraid.

EmmaBemma
05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Two reasons I don't play multiplayer:
1) My net connection is not that stable for MP. And getting into a game takes very very long.
2) I play Assassin's Creed for story. Unless MP has story elements other than videos that I can easily look at on Youtube, I have no reason to play MP at all. Coupled with my net connection issues, I just don't bother.
Pretty much this for me too.

I play story-led games like AC the same way I'd read a novel. I want to do it as an individual. If I wanted to game socially, I'd play simple stuff like Mario Kart or Guitar Hero with friends.

And internet is crap since I live so far from the postal exchange and the line is shared between so many people.

FilipinoNinja67
05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
What about the Co-Op? Would you guys play that?

Acrimonious_Nin
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I tried talking to some people there(MP side)....and well >_>....let's just say this side of GREATNESS offers a good discussion and you meet some awesome people :D like GLHS and yourself Andrew116 and a bunch of others. Pure awesomeness :D

Co-op.....maybe for awhile then when I notice that the noobs start sucking badly and get in the way of progression....I END.......RAGE QUIT !!!!!!!!!!

zerocooll21
05-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Just not a MP person. Don't play too many vids so not worth paying for. They should offer X amount of time/games for free per month. That way people who don't play much that might play but don't since they don't want to pay, can play.

rileypoole1234
05-02-2012, 12:50 AM

I would if it was like Splinter Cell Conviction. A second story aside from the main story. I like to enjoy the main game myself. I actually quite liked the Co-Op on SPC. It was really well done.

kriegerdesgottes
05-02-2012, 12:57 AM

Maybe for a little bit but significantly less than SP. The appeal for me is going through recreated cities and walking around at my own pace and doing whatever I feel like doing and interacting with the environment any way I can and replaying assassination missions and murdering guards. I can't do that when I'm always on the look out for one of my friends who could stab me at any second. I don't want to be on my toes all the time while playing a game. I can see why some people enjoy that excitement and the need for things to be quick paced but I don't enjoy playing that way.

Lonesoldier2012
05-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Assassin's Creed started as SP and it should have stayed that way. plus it's horribly broken. everyone just one shot kills with the hidden gun.

SixKeys
05-02-2012, 01:20 AM

Depends on how it was implemented. I'm not big on the idea, I might try it but I'm not sure it would hold my interest.

FilipinoNinja67
05-02-2012, 04:01 AM
I would if it was like Splinter Cell Conviction. A second story aside from the main story. I like to enjoy the main game myself. I actually quite liked the Co-Op on SPC. It was really well done.

The Co-Op in conviction is the only thing I still play on that game. I hope it has a story and I'm sure they could think of plenty of plotlines. Just look at legacy on facebook...

GunnarGunderson
05-02-2012, 04:51 AM
too many elitists bragging about their drop stuns and smoke poisons instead of actual skillful kills and good sportsmanship

ace3001
05-02-2012, 06:32 AM
What about the Co-Op? Would you guys play that?That entirely depends on what kinda coop it is. If it is something like Mass Effect 3 coop, most probably no go.

NinjaSpartanII
05-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I dont have anything bad to say about the multiplayer, it's just that i dont play it as much as the single player since it is nOt as fun, although i do think the doctor is pretty cool.

POP1Fan
05-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I suck at MP, therefore I don't like it xD

FilipinoNinja67
05-02-2012, 06:30 PM
too many elitists bragging about their drop stuns and smoke poisons instead of actual skillful kills and good sportsmanship

my thoughts exactly. Most of the "pro" people rely solely on stun locking (spawn killing of AC) to get any good scores. I was involved in the Red Faction Guerilla community along with the Splinter Cell Community and AC is the worst when it comes to sportsmanship. The only fun I've had on here was playing with SP or WHU .

I hate OSB and stunlocking and if that's why you were turned off of the MP you should try playing it with me if you have an xbox.

I really like you guys here on the SP forums, and the purpose of this thread is to try and get you guys on the MP because I'm sick of the people on there that have never played the SP and don't even know that AC is a stealth game :/ I wasn't sure if it was the game mechanics or the players that were turning you off and if it is the players I can fix that by inviting you to play with our clan if you have an xbox.