PDA

View Full Version : LNE article on the AC Lawsuit

GLHS
04-29-2012, 01:05 PM
So, there's no new info about it or anything, but I thought it was funny that it's gaining so much attention that gaming news sites are now reporting on it. And the comments sound just like us on here! Lol there's not one comment that supports him. Looks like it's gotten even worse over on Amazon. But he deserves it.

http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/ac-fans-punish-man-suing-ubisoft-with-negative-book-reviews/#idc-container

rileypoole1234
04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
At least it's not just us that feels this way.

Whatever though, I think it's best to just not pay attention to it. It'll be all settled soon.

EscoBlades
04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I have no intention of reporting it. He has no case. Reporting it gies him the attention he craves.

And gamers review bombing his book makes us all look even more bad.

Moultonborough
04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I have to say I love the Amazon comments.

kudos17
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I have no intention of reporting it. He has no case. Reporting it gies him the attention he craves.

I definitely don't approve of review-bombing, as it seems childish and petty. But I can't blame them for doing anything to express their irritation at this situation.

It is, after all, a bitter author upset with the lacking attention in both himself and his book, so he chooses a game with a similar premise to point fingers at, with a large fanbase, to stir up trouble. Such kinds of people irritate even me, and it takes a strong will to not speak out against this man as well.

However, he has no case, like you said, and reacting how some people are reacting is just what he wants. The best solution, in my opinion, is to ignore him. Ubisoft will resolve this quickly, and we can all move on.

GLHS
04-29-2012, 04:28 PM

But, really though, isn't there even a little part of you that thinks this guy had it comin? You can't mess with an entire fanbase and expect no backlash. Normally, we might be a little more civilized about it all, but this is just so over the top idiotic that it deserves the negative criticism. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to get away with doing stupid things. And this proves it.

SquarePolo27
04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
The genuine reviews on there says that the book is terrible anyway :P