PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Gunsmith???

Anthony123abc
04-29-2012, 01:06 AM
I've tried to load the Gunsmith, unfortunately all I get is:

Error launching Unity player
Bad file length

http://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-GB/xbox/gunsmith

This my be a silly question, was the Gunsmith teaser meant to be played on PC?

If anyone knows please let me know?

Cheers

Compassghost
04-29-2012, 01:52 AM
I'll try it out, give me a few minutes to install.

Edit - works on my PC. A word of warning... the password field is not censored. I was recording on Fraps when it happened, so no one saw my pass, but if I had been streaming, KOed.

The interface is a bit mangled but otherwise usable.

Anthony123abc
04-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Well,...I downloaded the Unity editor, is that the same as the player?

I hope the trouble I'm having now isn't a foretaste of things to come?

Compassghost,
Can you give me the link to where you downloaded Unity player?

Compassghost
04-29-2012, 03:19 AM
It asked me to install it when I went to the page, so I did. "UnityWebPlayer"

http://webplayer.unity3d.com/download_webplayer-3.x/UnityWebPlayer.exe

Anthony123abc
04-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Compassghost,
Still no joy sorry.

I wonder who of the games developers decides to do something as dumb as this, (use this Unity software)?
Mmmm,... I can tell I'm going to have issues installing this game. *sigh*

Compassghost
04-29-2012, 05:05 AM
It's browser 3d. It's not the same as true gunsmith from in-game. Don't sweat it. Nothing special about it.

Anthony123abc
04-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Yeah but it would be nice to experience what to expect, if you get my meaning.
I suppose this is the sort of thing that would dissolution a Ghost Recon fan though, my pre-order won't be available for another month or so but if this Unity player has any thing to do with the full game perse it'll probably end badly for me, (I won't be purchasing another GR title).

I'm sort of glad I'm making this statement on the UBIsoft forum.

Compassghost
04-29-2012, 06:01 AM
I can post you a video of it. It's not something outside of what we've seen of actual Gunsmith. It's just for if you want to play with your guns outside the game. No real point to that if you can't test em.

Anthony123abc
04-29-2012, 06:50 AM
It's just for if you want to play with your guns outside the game.

Why of course. lol ;)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-29-2012, 05:24 PM
FAQ here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/671801-Ghost-Recon-Network-FAQ

I get a “Error loading Unity player- Bad file length” when trying to access GunSmith. Why and what can I do ?
Our GunSmith Web is comprised of a lot of weapons in 3D, and as such is a big file (around 100MB) to download the first time around. In some cases depending on the performance of your connection, it will take too long to download for your browser and this will result in this error.
Possible fixes are :

If you are using a Wi fi connection, try to hook up with a network cable to your router to improve the bandwidth.
Close down all other programs running at the same time, especially the ones with network intensive use such as home streaming services or P2P clients.
Check your proxy settings and try to establish a direct connection to the site
Or try GunSmith web from a different connection for the first time.

Main resource for fixes can be found here :
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/374...le-Length-quot

Anthony123abc
04-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Ubi-Mush,
Mmmm,... as of 10.00am this morning I have tried the Gunsmith on 2 other PCs as well as 3 other hand held devices without success of any kind.
Interesting to note, after dumping all traces of unity player off my system, it has become more stable and faster.

To those that organized this "standalone Gunsmith" I have but one message;
If you want to give Ghost Recon fans a taste of this upcoming game, at least make it so it is user friendly, and in a format more suitable to PCs owned by mere mortals?
Also please dump Unity player!

Thank you

skywarp00
04-30-2012, 05:36 AM
Ubi-Mush,
Mmmm,... as of 10.00am this morning I have tried the Gunsmith on 2 other PCs as well as 3 other hand held devices without success of any kind.
Interesting to note, after dumping all traces of unity player off my system, it has become more stable and faster.

To those that organized this "standalone Gunsmith" I have but one message;
If you want to give Ghost Recon fans a taste of this upcoming game, at least make it so it is user friendly, and in a format more suitable to PCs owned by mere mortals?
Also please dump Unity player!

Thank you

Whats the steps to remove this? mine don't work

Anthony123abc
04-30-2012, 06:35 AM
How you mean, just uninstall?

EvilPixieGrrr
04-30-2012, 09:35 PM
I suggest contacting Support, you can find the link at the bottom of my signature. I'm also passing along this concern to hopefully get some help on this.

Anthony123abc
05-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Yeah I've already been on to it without success, as well as unity support, they say that if the "demos" on they're home page work, (which they do), then the problem is with the web content I'm trying to access, (UBIsoft gunsmith) itself!

I'm actually dreading receiving my collectors edition now, i just know I'm going to have dramas with the instillation. *sigh*

GuZZ33
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah I've already been on to it without success, as well as unity support, they say that if the "demos" on they're home page work, (which they do), then the problem
I'm actually dreading receiving my collectors edition now, i just know I'm going to have dramas with the instillation. *sigh*
Ghost Recon Network is outside of the Ghost Recon Future Soldier game, it should not in any way impact on your game installation. In fact Ghost Recon Network is not required for the game to install on your hard drive, it's a social application that works outside of the actual game.

Anthony123abc
05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah,...but if there's one thing I've come to know, is that computers and computer software are never that straight forward! lol

Anthony123abc
05-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Well it's been a couple of days and I've tried the "Gunsmith" on a few more PCs and Hand held devices without success.
The only thing I could come up with is if you guys are happily customizing firearms, and I'm not, than it must be an Australian thing?

In any case, it's a black cloud over this game, UBIsoft will have a lot of unhappy Aussies I think?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi, you can email GRN support grnetwork-support@ubisoft.com they should be able to advise.

Anthony123abc
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi, you can email GRN support grnetwork-support@ubisoft.com they should be able to advise.

Done!

Compassghost
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll upload footage of the online Gunsmith this afternoon.