PDA

View Full Version : Interact Joystick Help

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 06:09 AM
Hello,
I have an Interact Raider Advanced FX and using Windows XP. In Win XP the joystick works fine, but the vibration does not. Interact never released a proper winxp driver but did release a work around that allowed the force feedback to work under win xp. I know that the joystick's vibration works because I have used it on my Win98 machine. I have had to reformat my computer several times since I was last able to play IL2 and since then, Interact seems to have dropped off the face of the earth and no longer has a web site up. Their solution worked, but since I can no longer get to the site, I was wondering if anyone eles has a Raider Advanced FX with force feedback working in Windows XP? I have been able to track down the web page with a link to the page that I need. It can be found here: http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:f-7vx0D7_J4J:www.interact-pc.com/interact_acc/RaiderAdvancedFX.htm+Is+the+Raider+Advanced+FX+com patible+with+Win+XP%3F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
This is Google's cache of the page. The link at the top linked to the page that described what needed to be done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ryan

CPU: Athlon XP 1700+
Motherboard: Abit KR7A-Raid
RAM: Crucial 512MB PC2100 DDR
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live 5.1
Hard Drive: Maxtor 80GB ATA133
Keyboard: Logitech Elite Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech Wheel Mouse Optical

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 06:09 AM
Hello,
I have an Interact Raider Advanced FX and using Windows XP. In Win XP the joystick works fine, but the vibration does not. Interact never released a proper winxp driver but did release a work around that allowed the force feedback to work under win xp. I know that the joystick's vibration works because I have used it on my Win98 machine. I have had to reformat my computer several times since I was last able to play IL2 and since then, Interact seems to have dropped off the face of the earth and no longer has a web site up. Their solution worked, but since I can no longer get to the site, I was wondering if anyone eles has a Raider Advanced FX with force feedback working in Windows XP? I have been able to track down the web page with a link to the page that I need. It can be found here: http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:f-7vx0D7_J4J:www.interact-pc.com/interact_acc/RaiderAdvancedFX.htm+Is+the+Raider+Advanced+FX+com patible+with+Win+XP%3F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
This is Google's cache of the page. The link at the top linked to the page that described what needed to be done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ryan

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 05:32 AM
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. I know that this is not an "Interact" forum, but I have run out of ideas of where to look and so the forum for the game that I play it with seemed like a good alternative. Thanks.
Ryan

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 08:38 AM
I did have a look for you as they seem to have gone to the great stick maker in heaven, all i came up with was a site selling drivers some of wich were for windows 2000, u tried them? and someone saying something about disconnecting all usb plug ins?

http://www.helpdrivers.com/ingles/listado/panel.asp?marca=InterAct&perif=juegos

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 03:53 AM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Currently, I am using the Windows 2000 driver that comes on the CD with my joystick. Windows XP has a driver for the joystick that works fine except that it does not support force feedback. I tried manually installing the Windows 2000 driver and all that I have seen it do is change the properties box for the joystick when accessed through the control panel's game controlers applet. The text file that the link points to listed some steps that seemed quite odd to me at the time, but they did end up making the joystick work fully in XP. I just wish I could remember those steps.
Thanks again.
Ryan

brajesh108
07-12-2004, 11:15 PM
I have the same joystick and would love to know how to get force feedback enabled.

lil_labbit
07-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Well if they went to the great stick maker in heaven - did you try the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine ? (no joke!)

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Use the original link to the page you were looking for...

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day