PDA

View Full Version : Pickpocketing in AC

InfamousQ1987
04-28-2012, 05:22 AM
I think pickpocketing was better implemented in AC1. I think pickpocketing normal citizen's is silly, I liked how in AC1 you can only pick pocket they guys with the throwing knives and certain people for information. While playing as Ezio I cannot fast walk and gentle push citizen's. The gentle push action gets canceled by pickpocketing. In my opinion pickpocketing should only be used when necessary. I wouldn't mind keeping looting bodies, but I can't stand it (especially in ACR) when I accidentally pickpocket and they always know I did it. Now just imagine playing as Connor, and being able to pickpocket a soldier on the battlefield...That would be ridiculous.

Any thought's...or am I going to get a bunch of "this is a pointless thread"?

Kit572
04-28-2012, 06:47 AM
just imagine playing as Connor, and being able to pickpocket a soldier on the battlefield...That would be ridiculous.

I think that would be kind of funny.

I hated pickpocketing in ac2 acb and acr aswell, mainly because when a guard recognizes me and starts to follow me and i dont want to deal with him, i fast walk away from him and when i'm entering a huge crowd, i accidently pickpocket someone and trigger a chase.

Sukramo
04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
There really should be an option to turn it off yes.

EmmaBemma
04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
I agree. I didn't really like being able to pickpocket normal citizens because you got so rich in those games, anyway, so there was absolutely no need and it doesn't seem to fit with the Assassin's ideals to me. So I never did it apart from missions but, like you guys, I often accidentally pick-pocketed. I would much prefer to be able to walk fast through a crowd and nudge people out the way.

Sukramo
04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
I got super rich in AC2 and ACB. I cant for the life of me collect those 1 million acre you need to buy the big Constantinopel builings. It doesent exaclty help that you only gain income every 2 hours. But pickpocketing sucks for making money. Only 1/200 NPC:s got more than 100 acre.

SixKeys
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Pick-pocketing in AC2 and onwards was useless anyway. You'll be rolling in cash by the end so you don't need to pick-pocket people except to complete challenges. I agree it would be better if pick-pocketing would be limited only to certain NPCs who have information the assassin needs.

BTW, anyone else feel like pick-pocketing was much more sensitive in ACR? In previous games I was able to fast-walk among citizens and wouldn't accidentally pick-pocket them unless I was right next to them, but in ACR I could be several feet away from an NPC and fast-walking would make me pick-pocket them.

DavisP92
04-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't see the point to why the assassins, who are suppose to help the people, are now robbing them. It seems anticlimactic of the assassins

rileypoole1234
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I hope that it's completely different. They're changing everything in the game after all. For some reason though I think that in AC2 the pickpocketing was more realistic. Bump into you as a distraction and grab you're wallet. Whatever though, I'm sure it'll be different than all of the other games.

De Filosoof
04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
True, it didn't make any sense.
It was stupid that the ****on for fast wakling was the same ****on for pickpocketing.
What were they thinking, it ruined the whole experience for me.
I wanna play as an assassin fighting for freedom, not steeling like a stupid ******* from poor civilians.
If this is their way to get the templar and assassin morals closer together, they're really doing a bad job at it.
I still can't get over the fact Ezio burned the place down at Cappadocia, that was the most stupid thing i've seen in an AC game,
unnecessary hollywood bullcrap.
I'm glad Corey May is the lead scriptwriter in AC3 :).
He knows what the AC universe is all about.

OriginalMiles
04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
I like pickpocketing in AC2, stealing from citizens, It makes me think about what Sean said, the Assassin's are not the good guys or the bad guys.
What I said made no sense.

Dralight
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't see the point to why the assassins, who are suppose to help the people, are now robbing them. It seems anticlimactic of the assassins

This. I thought it was alright in AC2 actually, but after that it just felt kind of stupid, especially in ACB, since you're supposed to be freeing the oppressed people of Rome from the Borgia, yet you can walk around stealing everyone's money. :rolleyes:

InfamousQ1987
04-28-2012, 05:42 PM
If the pickpocketing mechanics are to stay I think it should only be enabled when using your fist only. I personally would rather it be limited to certain NPC's that can benefit the player (like throwing knives, poison, ect) we will have to wait and see I guess.

Kit572
04-29-2012, 05:54 AM
If the pickpocketing mechanics are to stay I think it should only be enabled when using your fist only. I personally would rather it be limited to certain NPC's that can benefit the player (like throwing knives, poison, ect) we will have to wait and see I guess.

I like that, how you have to equip (lol) fists to pickpocket. This would solve so many problems.