PDA

View Full Version : Special Editions, which are you getting!

OriginalMiles
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Are you getting any of the special editions?
If so explain why and which one.
If not, why?

Join or Die edition - Because it's not only will it be my first special edition, it will be my first pre-order EVER, I don't usually get special editions because I find them rather pointless, but Assassin's Creed is my favourite series of games, and I couldn't get the specials of the 3 games because I never knew about AC when it came out, and ACR? Well I don't really know, so I want the AC3 special edition just so I can make me getting the last game seem special.

Enjoy talking. :D

misterB2001
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I went for the Freedom edition due to having 2 extra missions, thank god for my credit card!!!

Timeaus
04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
well I would like to get the freedom edition but it's only for europe and asia, so I will wait for the North American collector's edition to be announced. But I would go with the Freedom Edition if they were available everywhere.

notafanboy
04-27-2012, 06:43 PM
freedom isnŽt available where i live so iŽll settle for the join or die one

SaintPerkele
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm still waiting for an edition that includes all the extra missions, extra outfits, weapons and multiplayer characters, hopefully there will be a digital deluxe edition on Steam or so. I don't care about the non-digital stuff you get.

pacmanate
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooom!

BBALive
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Probably the Freedom Edition.

Josegtx13
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, since I'm in NA... I'll probably will get a normal edition or a signature edition. lol

Hopefully the "CE" NA is getting, isn't a Signature Edition.

Anyways, if I could I would get the Freedom Edition.

playassassins1
04-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I always get the most expensive edition for AC, but in the end i regret it. this game is going to be fun by the looks of it. so I'm going with The Freedom Edition

freddie_1897
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm getting the special edition, i would buy the join or die edition or the freedom, but i don't really care for the figurines or the notebook or any of that, for me its primarily about the game, so i bought an edition which gives me some extra gameplay, I'm not going to spend loads of money on what is to me, 2 extra missions and a bunch of little stuff. ill get all the other missions in a DLC later.

p.s. slightly off topic, but speaking of DLC, i really hope they make it more of an extension, like it opens up new areas, maybe more of the frontier or another city or something

Limed_-
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
None cause I'm not going to waste money. It will be just like the other two games, the extras will be released in a 10 quid DLC, and my money is down the drain.

freddie_1897
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
None cause I'm not going to waste money. It will be just like the other two games, the extras will be released in a 10 quid DLC, and my money is down the drain.
ok, enjoy doing that then

Limed_-
04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
ok, enjoy doing that then
I will, thank you.

freddie_1897
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM
I will, thank you.
don't worry, I'm not being sarcastic, if that's what you'd rather do then fine. will you pick up the game 2nd hand or when the price has dropped or are you just gonna not buy it at all?

Limed_-
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
don't worry, I'm not being sarcastic, if that's what you'd rather do then fine. will you pick up the game 2nd hand or when the price has dropped or are you just gonna not buy it at all?
I'll pick it up when it comes out from a local Gamestation.

SixKeys
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I'll probably go for the normal version this time. The physical extras just don't seem terribly interesting to me, and the missions, MP characters and outfits will probably be released later as DLC.

Serrachio
04-28-2012, 12:37 AM
I suppose I'll have to buy the Freedom Edition for the Xbox to get the most, though I'd rather Ubisoft have learned by now that it's better to include all their release digital content in one edition, instead of caving in to give certain games retailers an edition just for them.

gamertam
04-28-2012, 02:56 AM
For me? i'm getting the most expensive Edition if available for pre-order here in NA. Why?...well, why not. It's Assassin's Creed III for crying out loud. LOL, my fanboyism is showing i know. I'll be pissing if NA received any kind lesser edition than oversea. The poll doesn't have an option for most/all out Edition but yea. That's what i'm gunning for it. :mad:

(i guess the Special Edition)

Kit572
04-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Freedom edition.

D.I.D.
04-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Same here. I feel bad for encouraging that nonsense by giving them my money for the CE last time.

Sukramo
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Lets hope AC3 has actual Sinlge player DLC.

D.I.D.
04-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Ha, you blatantly were being sarcastic.

Anyway, that's a good point - there's so much else coming out in the period, it's possible I'll wait for the price drop. The clincher will be GTAV. If that magically appears, then I'm going to be on that and maybe Bioshock: Infinite, and I'll come back to ACIII later.

If it wasn't for the lingering kick in the teeth that was ACR, I'd probably be heading straight for ACIII in preference to anything else.

MetalCreed
04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna be pre-ordering the game on GS, but I'm waiting to see if there's another of those automatic upgrades to a special edition like they did with ACR.