PDA

View Full Version : Will the PC version support the Razer Hydra?

Ratherbflyin
04-26-2012, 11:41 PM
I had the opportunity to see, and drool over, the game at ECGC the past couple days, and I am just about ready to say "shut up and take my money!" However, I am trying to decide whether to get the 360 version, or the PC version. My primary question at this point is whether or not the PC version will support the Razer Hydra controller. If it will, I will absolutely go with the PC version of the game. Otherwise, I will most likely pick the 360 version. I realize that which one I choose to get most likely makes little difference to Ubisoft, but some clarification on this point would help me tremendously.

Compassghost
04-27-2012, 01:10 AM
I wish I could tell you definitively. AFAIK, Ubi games usually work well with controllers, though. I'll see if I can dig up more stuff.

Ratherbflyin
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for checking. Unfortunately no one at the Ubisoft booth at ECGC knew the answer to my question and they suggested I ask here to see if I could wiggle an answer out of one of the developers.

GuZZ33
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I just had a look at the Razer Hydra at Razer's website, i didn't realise it was a motion controller. Is the Razer Hydra Configuration Software available yet?, Razer do say that the Razer Hydra's configuration software will allow you to edit configurations for specific programs to your liking. Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC has Fully customizable controls for localized keyboards. I noticed the Razer Hydra can also be configured as a gamepad controller, and i noticed that Assassins Creed Brotherhood is in the default game configurator software. Razer also mention that Downloadable game configurations will be available for future game titles. If you can map the motion controller to the keyboard, theoretically you're good to go. Have you tried configuring any games yet?.

Ratherbflyin
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
I actually just ordered the Hydra last week, and expect it to arrive any day now. I know it is very customizable, but from what I understand unless a game is designed to take full advantage of the Hydra's capabilities, it will essentially act as a keyboard/mouse emulator. Granted, I expect to be able to get a great deal more functionality out of it than I would by using a keyboard and mouse, but if I can get a little more of an edge by being able to access the full range of the Hydra's capabilities, that would be wonderful.