PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Noticed This??

deadly_thought
04-26-2012, 05:11 AM
walk around a corner head toward blend group nothing unusual suddenly a member of the blend group has a massive prompt over is head despite the fact hes just standing there doing nothing smoke bomb stun

walk around corner moving blend group suddenly i see a massive prompt (again this person was NOT in high profile) i get a stun

join blend group walk around corner staying in low profile suddenly within seconds i get hit by a smoke bomb and stunned it suddenly dawns on me and i think back to those times when ive used disguise joined a blend group and had a smoke thrown at me to have a templar who i havnt even identified yet run in for a stun from 10 miles off

has anyone else noticed this game placing prompts on people in low profile or am i onto something here?

for clarity sake im talking about the RED LT PROMPT assigned to players who are running in high profile

obliviondoll
04-26-2012, 05:31 AM
I thought everyone knew?

That's WHY stun prompts are so annoying and everyone is asking to be rid of them.

It was the same in ACB, but MUCH less of a problem, because the shorter stun range meant they didn't show up until you're right on top of the guy anyway, and if he hasn't killed you by then, that was his own fault. In ACR, not so much.

Collinwood01
04-26-2012, 05:33 AM
I havent played ACR in awhile but maybe its people using those perks that help you find someone who is out of sight or in sight after you lose 5 contracts. I dont know though.

deadly_thought
04-26-2012, 05:35 AM
NONONONONO this is the RED LT PROMPT the one you get when people are RUNNING IN HIGH PROFILE the difference is they are NOT IN HIGH PROFILE

Collinwood01
04-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Now I got you. Ill have to take a look.

obliviondoll
04-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Oh, the high profile prompt...

Yeah, that's a glitch I heard about soon after the patch.

Obviously, I don't have the game, so I haven't seen it for myself, but it's been mentioned in a few forums and I think in at least one thread on here since they murdered the game last month.

deadly_thought
04-26-2012, 06:13 AM
i think the patch improved DM by miles sad for ASSA players though i thought id feel better if i confirmed it wasnt all in my head but now.....

swiftavenger212
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
i think the patch improved DM by miles sad for ASSA players though i thought id feel better if i confirmed it wasnt all in my head but now.....

I hope in AC3, they get ride of the kill and stun prompt. This game is supposed to be hunter vs the hunted, so they should have lock prompt for targets, and only on pursuers who are in reckless state, or one state lower than the default one.

I bet you amount of stuns per person would decrease dramatically, and you would need 2 actual skill to determine who your target is. Not to mention you can't just mash O when you see a blend group walking towards you.

Sukramo
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Aye, and it gets stupid really fast.

Today, see my persuer coming for me, throw knives for easy stun..............Only instead of stunning the knived target right in from of me that I have locked, my character darts 2 meters to the left, INTO a blend group, gets an honorable death on a persuer I DIDNT EVEN KNEW I HAD!

shiroyukinohime
04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Are you sure you don't have the loss streak Revelation on?

WIDOMKR383
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
no this is most certainly a glitch you can see it in some of my vids as well...although I dont spend much time pointing it out in the vids

LadyGahan2010
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
^^ awesome sig :cool:

Anyway, to topic... I haven't noticed what you're talking about, but I do know for sure that when you are in a blend group, not blended nice in the middle of it and teh group gets "confused" you will go into kind of "high profile" and buzz across the map red triangle. Is it the same thing? After noticing how it happens I always try to blend as smoothly as possible to avoid these situatons.

april2011
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Hmmm I have not really experienced this, maybe once or twice. However the fact of getting stunned from half way across the map I have much experience with. I blame it on connections but it is sooo annoying when someone jumps from off a roof, far from me, and stuns me.

Collinwood01
04-27-2012, 12:11 AM
I didnt play much ACR today and didnt notice anything abnormally abnormal, just the usual normal abnormalities like lag, ability failure and not being able to get into a mode that I picked on the extra content maps. You know, the usual. lol

deadly_thought
04-27-2012, 06:00 AM

Anyway, to topic... I haven't noticed what you're talking about, but I do know for sure that when you are in a blend group, not blended nice in the middle of it and teh group gets "confused" you will go into kind of "high profile" and buzz across the map red triangle. Is it the same thing? After noticing how it happens I always try to blend as smoothly as possible to avoid these situatons.

no you can be stationery that is not moving at all and suddenly a high profile prompt appears im still trying to figure out what causes it but i have figured that its not related to specific individuals if its happeningto one person its going to be happening to others ive noticed it more on antioch than others but ive seen it on ippo last night it kinda takes the flavour out of things

WIDOMKR383
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM

Why thank you Lady ;)

LadyGahan2010
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
no you can be stationery that is not moving at all and suddenly a high profile prompt appears im still trying to figure out what causes it but i have figured that its not related to specific individuals if its happeningto one person its going to be happening to others ive noticed it more on antioch than others but ive seen it on ippo last night it kinda takes the flavour out of things

Oh yeah, true, I saw that. Rare but happens. That makes two separate annoying high profile glitches.

Collinwood01
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
I was playing ACR last and noticed that the whispers were coming up only after I was being killed. It didnt happen all the time, but alot.

PryingTuna85649
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I was playing ACR last and noticed that the whispers were coming up only after I was being killed. It didnt happen all the time, but alot.

This happens to me AAAAALLLLLLL the time with the whispers. It's why I haven't been able to stick with playing (well, among numerous other things). The whispers are so wacky that I'm always afraid to make any moves for fear of exposure. Maybe it's lag or whatever, but I've done all the typical Ubi Support "how to fix lag" suggestions and it never resolved. So I just gave up. *shrugs*

deadly_thought
04-28-2012, 05:24 AM
ive given up on whispers and just try to keep my camera rotating now its still annoying when there is none and you get killed though

Collinwood01
04-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Was playing a little more ACR and Its probably just me but is the smoke bomb considered activated even before you see it visibly? Im getting stopped in my tracks even if they are in the throwing animation before you even see the smoke. Maybe Im crazy!

CheeseLightsaber
04-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Was playing a little more ACR and Its probably just me but is the smoke bomb considered activated even before you see it visibly? Im getting stopped in my tracks even if they are in the throwing animation before you even see the smoke. Maybe Im crazy!

I feel like it does. I've had the same reaction to it. Idk, it could possibly be lag, but I'd bet that it's just another bonus to the crazy unnecessary buff that smoke got last patch.

deadly_thought
04-29-2012, 04:50 AM

they changed the sound again (without a patch) since they did that from the moment you hear the WHIRRRRDD noise its active wich is as soon as it hits the floor lag withstanding

april2011
04-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I am not sure is this thread for any, idk abnormal happenings? I ask cause I had something annoying happen to me last night. I managed to poison my target as they walked up to me while I was in a blended group in disguise. I was so happy as I was working on a kill streak and to my surprise, they didn't die. The symbol of poison was clearly above their head and they just kept on living. ><

Collinwood01
04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I havent seen that one yet April. As for the topic, It started out about one abnormality and then started talking about other abnormalities. That might be my fault. I think anything unusual that happens in the game and is talked about in this thread may be in some way relevant to the topic though. At least it might give you some assurance that youre not crazy. It helps me feel less crazy anyway. lol

CheeseLightsaber
04-29-2012, 11:27 PM
I am not sure is this thread for any, idk abnormal happenings? I ask cause I had something annoying happen to me last night. I managed to poison my target as they walked up to me while I was in a blended group in disguise. I was so happy as I was working on a kill streak and to my surprise, they didn't die. The symbol of poison was clearly above their head and they just kept on living. ><

I haven't seen that happen in ACR in my time with it...are you playing ACB by any chance? I know for a fact that was a common glitch that occurred in ACB. Happened to me once in Alliance (to my dismay, in a match I was doing very well in, with no partner) I was poisoned, but didn't die and it ended up being a dodging party, with my persona unable to be killed, and finding myself unable to kill or stun. I have no doubt that it's possible in both games, so if it did happen to you in ACR, then I'm not surprised.

april2011
04-30-2012, 03:19 AM
No I have not really played ACB much since ACR came out. I am not the only one this happened to, at least one of my friends had this problem when poisoning me. Lol, I heard him yelling after the match, " I poisoned you but you didn't die!" I thought he was joking until it happened to me.

CheeseLightsaber
04-30-2012, 04:00 AM
Well that's great, it's found its way into ACR now too huh? Ah well, I'll just hope it doesn't happen to me too much (though I only really use poison early in Deathmatch or Wanted sessions) Hopefully you won't see too much more of it, because I'm sure that could get really obnoxious.

april2011
04-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah I hope they can fix that with a patch, I really love my poison. Funny thing is it never happened to me in Brotherhood.

Collinwood01
05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Has anyone noticed this?...Ive been playin ACR MP and decided to take the approach" Ill take what falls in my lap and see what happens." What Ive noticed is, the slower paced the game, the less lag there is in the game. As soon as I try to run after someone, then someone will slide fifty feet across the screen and kill me. If I just take my time then there is hardly any lag. Once in awhile Ill see someone get killed by an invisible person or Ill see someone disappear and reappear through a wall but it nowhere near as bad as when I try to play aggressively. Anyone else?