PDA

View Full Version : Will there be ranked dedicated servers for PC?

CosyPigeon
04-21-2012, 01:56 PM
If there are ranked dedicated servers on PC for this game, I will go and pre order it right now. If there isn't, then I will be disappointed, but content to play other games.

Let me know, because this game looks awesome.

Cheers.

Khyber_GT
04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
who cares if they are ranked or not, WE JUST NEED DEDICATED period!

BOTA-16
04-23-2012, 07:04 AM
You actually expect to get a straight answer? This has been asked for 2 years now. All we ever get is the run around. The closest answer is when someone from UBI was asked about this when he was talking about the console version and said that the PC version runs the same game engine as the console version. The console version only uses listen servers.

CosyPigeon
04-25-2012, 06:47 AM
who cares if they are ranked or not, WE JUST NEED DEDICATED period!

I care if they are ranked, I made the mistake of purchasing MW3 because I assumed their dedicated servers would be ranked. Ranking up is half the fun of playing the game. If there are no ranked dedicated servers, then I will simply continue to play BF3.

CosyPigeon
04-25-2012, 06:56 AM
You actually expect to get a straight answer? This has been asked for 2 years now. All we ever get is the run around. The closest answer is when someone from UBI was asked about this when he was talking about the console version and said that the PC version runs the same game engine as the console version. The console version only uses listen servers.

I'd expect an answer before I buy the game at least. If they don't give me an answer, then I will simply not purchase the game, Ubisoft has done a fantastic job of alienating their customers over the past few years, and it seems like now that their profits have dropped %90 they've realised that they need to stop treating their customers like **** and actually give them what they want. Hence their 180 on DRM. I've been boycotting Ubisoft for years without any sorrow (there are plenty of good competing games on the market) and now I'm here to see if I should give them another chance. How they answer this question will probably determine whether or not this game will be successful amongst PC shooter fans or not. I doubt many PC gamers will buy this if it doesn't have ranked dedicated servers when they can just play BF3, BLOPS, or ARMA 3 when it comes out.

CosyPigeon
04-25-2012, 07:00 AM
As long as I have a good assult gun with GL and a few nades I dont really need all the fancy unlocks

Since other games offer dedicated servers AND have the fancy unlocks, I expect Ubisoft to be able to provide the same functionality.

Khyber_GT
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I care if they are ranked, I made the mistake of purchasing MW3 because I assumed their dedicated servers would be ranked. Ranking up is half the fun of playing the game. If there are no ranked dedicated servers, then I will simply continue to play BF3.

ranking as in leaderboards, not leveling up.

GuZZ33
04-25-2012, 11:24 PM
I doubt many PC gamers will buy this if it doesn't have ranked dedicated servers when they can just play BF3, BLOPS, or ARMA 3 when it comes out.
Battlefield 3 has admin restrictions on their servers plus you have to rent the servers which costs money, don't know about blops never played the game, I know the ArmA series of games don't have unlocks or rank ups etc so i presume ArmA 3 won't have unlocks or ranking. I could be wrong but i think there will be private matches in GRFS and no need to unlock anything all the equipment is available straight away. You can't have full unrestricted access to dedicated ranked servers, that would lead to abusing/cheating the rank system.

GotBunkered
04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
I have been asking the same question but they are unprofessional and refuse to buy it so I think I am going to be smart and take that as a lack of confidence in their product. Don't waste your money, the game sucks anyway go download Ghost Recon Online... MUCH better game. They also agreed when I posted a thread that blew up about competitve play and dedicated servers and ranked and they are going to be installing it after release.

egyzombie
05-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Please We want dedicated servers so we can play right !! matchmaking is for conole and u say the game is not a straight port from console ,so give us the simple right of playing pc games as we should ... on dedicated servers .. set the example, be different from the other greedy studios believe me this game will crush all competion if given dedicated servers

hope one day b4 i die dedicated servers will not be our main debate about a game

and yet again we are to blame because if we stood against you and stopped supporting you the next day dedicated srevers will be there ready for download
but it will be too late :D

xT3MP3STx
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
We're not to blame, It is not a Consumer's Place to support Horrible Business Decisions that Punish the Consumer. If the developers and publisher wanted to know what would make their PC version to sell like hot cakes they would be actively participating on the forums, they would take the feedback these Ubisoft moderates email to a server with an automated dump script and instead read them and value the information.

UBISOFT is failing the PC community not the other way around.

Just like UBISOFT considers the PC market to be nothing more then Pirates when they punish Legitimate PC UBIsoft Game Owners with Online Only DRM and then bring the servers down for a few days while they upgrade their servers without providing any back up servers so Legitimate Owners can play the games they bought.

They punished the Honest Consumers and in turn create what they "were" trying to fight.

uh60l
05-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Public server files and true LAN support FTW!

Avean
05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Wish developers today could see the value of having dedicated servers, especially its very important for a new game to grow.
You cant look at games like Call of Duty and say "Hey! They are doing it! And it works!" Well they have an insane playerbase so finding matches are so easy and fast.
But when you do matchmaking with a small playerbase its really bad. Hard finding matches and eventually people stop playing multiplayer.

With a dedicated server you can get a group of your friends together and idle to get servers going.
And not to talk about esports also, tournaments and other events can be made if we get dedicated servers making YOUR game popular.
I have no doubt in my mind this game is going to be great (Ive played the beta) but the PC NEEDS dedicated servers, we need ingame chat, we need to see our latency.

Please please please, this is soo important for a game to succeed on the PC-platform. We are not console gamers, we expect more!

egyzombie
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Where are the Moderators or people from ubisoft to reply on these comments ??

are we just venting steam on these forums .... They simply dont care it seems

will they consider the possibility of a dedicated server for this game or not ... because it could be a deal breaker here . I don't want a the COD matchmaking nightmare all over again only a diff. Tilte this time !

We deserve a direct answer Don't we ?

are you with me on this one ?

EvilPixieGrrr
05-08-2012, 11:45 PM
There is no announcement regarding dedicated servers at this time; however, I have been diligent in letting the team know that it is a concern among the fans.

ecma4
05-09-2012, 12:13 AM
There is no announcement regarding dedicated servers at this time; however, I have been diligent in letting the team know that it is a concern among the fans.

Thanks EvilPixieGrrr, your support is always appreciated.

egyzombie
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Mr EvilPixieGrrr
I have two more words to say

THANK YOU

;)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
This is one of the questions we are pressing for an answer for. We are currently waiting for more PC information.

In most cases the reason the developers hold back on questions is so they can announce them along with screenshots, trailers etc

Tactical_Hotdog
05-10-2012, 01:53 PM
By that time Mush, the game will have dropped....soon?

Ten24.NarcSgt
05-11-2012, 01:05 PM
If there was an announcement of dedicated server files for the game, the pre-orders would begin rapidly. The awful peer to peer on MW3 is disgraceful.

GuZZ33
05-11-2012, 02:49 PM
The awful peer to peer on MW3 is disgraceful.
Well, as Mr Bowling said " No one on PC is forced to play P2P servers, "Public is about progression, private is about control."

Ten24.NarcSgt
05-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and was he not fired? His lies about peer to peer was amazing.....

nh2012
05-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and was he not fired? His lies about peer to peer was amazing.....

He left and formed his own game studio.

I watched the ghost recon devs vs gamerdolls on twitchtv last night they asked questions about pc like if there is servers and Tommy Jacob said he doesn't know.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-13-2012, 08:13 PM
The PC version is identical to the consoles, apart from what has been listed here http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-44140&ct=tcm:6-231-32. That means it uses matchmaking, does not support mod tools, it does not have dedicated servers, it DOES have LAN support.

I will attempt to get you more screenshots/ trailers for the PC version.

nh2012
05-13-2012, 09:10 PM
The PC version is identical to the consoles, apart from what has been listed here http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-44140&ct=tcm:6-231-32. That means it uses matchmaking, does not support mod tools, it does not have dedicated servers, it DOES have LAN support.

Thanks for the answer with that I will be getting it on xbox instead.

ecma4
05-14-2012, 06:03 AM

Thanks Mush, its nice to have an answer even if its not what we were hoping for. More screens and videos would be excellent.

uh60l
05-14-2012, 06:58 AM

Is that honest to goodness, no BS, no internet required, play it in a hanger in the middle of the desert with just a hub and electricity, true LAN support? If it is, I'm buying this game as soon as it comes out!

I find it hard to believe that it would have LAN support but not have public server files, so I am hoping that it has both, which would allow for true, private servers. Fingers crossed......

GuZZ33
05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
play it in a hanger in the middle of the desert with just a hub and electricity, true LAN support? .
It is a one time activation on the internet and that's it. You can play single player campaign in offline mode but some UPLAY feature may not be available in offline mode?. Guerilla Mode can be played solo or with up to 3 friends. You will have to judge for yourself if is has "true LAN support"?.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4114/uplaysccoffline.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/uplaysccoffline.jpg/)

Mikeseoz
05-14-2012, 10:26 PM

FAIL, enough said

uh60l
05-15-2012, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE=GuZZ33;8308713]It is a one time activation on the internet and that's it. You can play single player campaign in offline mode but some UPLAY feature may not be available in offline mode?. Guerilla Mode can be played solo or with up to 3 friends. You will have to judge for yourself if is has "true LAN support"?.

Um, no "judging" required. If I can't play multiplayer with other people who own their own copy of the game and have their own computers, in a hanger in the desert, with no internet connection, then it DOES NOT have LAN support.

LAN does not require a connection to the internet.....ever.

True LAN support means totally offline multiplayer. I have no use for a game that "has to have" a connection to the internet to play one or more of the included game modes.

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 08:36 AM
The PC version is identical to the consoles.
Can local play LAN/System Link be confirmed, is Mr_Shade's post still correct?. Are all game modes available in offline mode on local area network (system link, switch/hub connection), meaning no constant online internet connection is required to play all game modes?. Thanks.

You can play All game modes on LAN, full 6v6 - this was a question asked at a recent event where we played on a LAN http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/wink.png

In private LAN matches, you have also all weapons and attachments unlocked,so you can have anything you want.

RE split screen, u. Don't know the answer to that, but I'll try and find out http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/wink.png

viewer111
05-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Can local play LAN/System Link be confirmed, is Mr_Shade's post still correct?. Are all game modes available in offline mode on local area network (system link, switch/hub connection), meaning no constant online internet connection is required to play all game modes?. Thanks.

Yes I would also be grateful to know if there is LAN support, and

if there is split-screen for co-op on PC (and for which co-op mode) please.

Thank you

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-16-2012, 04:46 PM
There is no LAN support.

Tactical_Hotdog
05-16-2012, 11:20 PM
There is no LAN support.

Only Zuul

Hans_Liebherr
05-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the NO LAN SUPPORT clarification, you just saved me 50-60 bucks :D

now I'll wait for ARMA 3

egyzombie
05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Good to know .... another gr8 title down the drain :( .... I really need to know how the dev teams nowadays think .......

It would be gr8 if you can make an OFFICIAL thread where we can talk to them (dev. team) personally to clairify thing up and let them know HOW WE FEEL/ WANT (the community / fans)

first of all you never paly your games for more than 3 to 4 hours max after release (busy) I know .. perparing the next DLC

enough has been said anyways

cya in ARMA III !

ghost_iced
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
We need dedicated servers ubisoft. You're game looks great don't spoil such a tasty recipe with no dedicated servers, we pc fans will just cancel our pre-orders. We really need the dedicated servers that's your formula to sell the game on pc like hot cakes.

TheFrin
05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Its hilarious watching publishers and dev team drop support for what you could consider basic PC requirements i.e. mod tools and dedicated servers because they are losing a lot of PC revenue because of it. Look at ARMA 2 on steam this week, it is a 2year old game which became an overnight best seller (with no price discount) because of the Day-Z mod. A game that is well past the point of exposure almost doubled its population because of a mod. I will buy GRFS for co-op with my friends and a bit of single player but I can't see myself playing this in 3 months. My clan wont play this as we have no "home" to go to in terms of a server to join or own ourselves.

In the long run with both Serellan and Blackfoot both making tactical shooters for the PC market I feel Ubisoft with Ghost Recon are going to struggle with the PC fan base in the future, so why not foster some love and loyalty from the PC fan base and allow us to have dedicated servers.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi TheFrin, did you see the clan details I posted in the console forum?

At the start of a Squad match, will there be time to communicate with the opposition to declare rules and restrictions?
• Public matches, have a 60 second window to talk, gunsmith, etc before the match starts. This period can be longer if fewer than the minimum number of players are in the match (<8), but never shorter.
• Private matches do not start until the leader launches the match.

Outside of private matches, can you choose (from a list) which clans you wish to challenge? or is it left to random matchmaking?
• Private matches are the only way to guarantee you play against a set group of people. Public Matches go through the matchmaking system. Squad matches are an extension of the public matchmaking system.

Is it possible for a Squad to challenge a random team for a private match?
• To challenge another random team, you’ll have to use a Squad Quick Match – Private Matches do not use matchmaking.

Will there be an in-game ladder and ranking system for Squads?
• There is an in-game leader board, as well as detailed information viewable through the Ghost Recon Network (ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com). There is no in-game support for ladder rankings.

What are the management functions for a 32-man Squad? How many leaders and/or officers can you designate?
• Promote a leader, change squad tag, change motto, manage members (invite/remove promote/demote). There are two ranks of officers and you can have up to 31 of them (Leader + 31 officers = 32).

Will there be any spectator mode for referees?
• Currently there is no spectator mode.

Can we choose fireteams upon entering a match? Or is it randomised?
• Fireteams are assigned in the pre-game lobby, they are not randomized – assignment is based on the order (and number of) people that join the faction. In private matchmaking, you can alter the fire team assignment by switching people back and forth between the factions.

TheFrin
05-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi TheFrin, did you see the clan details I posted in the console forum?

At the start of a Squad match, will there be time to communicate with the opposition to declare rules and restrictions?
• Public matches, have a 60 second window to talk, gunsmith, etc before the match starts. This period can be longer if fewer than the minimum number of players are in the match (<8), but never shorter.
• Private matches do not start until the leader launches the match.

Outside of private matches, can you choose (from a list) which clans you wish to challenge? or is it left to random matchmaking?
• Private matches are the only way to guarantee you play against a set group of people. Public Matches go through the matchmaking system. Squad matches are an extension of the public matchmaking system.

Is it possible for a Squad to challenge a random team for a private match?
• To challenge another random team, you’ll have to use a Squad Quick Match – Private Matches do not use matchmaking.

Will there be an in-game ladder and ranking system for Squads?
• There is an in-game leader board, as well as detailed information viewable through the Ghost Recon Network (ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com). There is no in-game support for ladder rankings.

What are the management functions for a 32-man Squad? How many leaders and/or officers can you designate?
• Promote a leader, change squad tag, change motto, manage members (invite/remove promote/demote). There are two ranks of officers and you can have up to 31 of them (Leader + 31 officers = 32).

Will there be any spectator mode for referees?
• Currently there is no spectator mode.

Can we choose fireteams upon entering a match? Or is it randomised?
• Fireteams are assigned in the pre-game lobby, they are not randomized – assignment is based on the order (and number of) people that join the faction. In private matchmaking, you can alter the fire team assignment by switching people back and forth between the factions.

Thanks for the reply Mush, I hadn't seen this previously as I don't venture on to the other platforms forums. Whilst those features for clans are appealing it still falls short of a dedicated server. Several issues arise with a lack of dedicated server one of which I already spoken about;

I will buy GRFS for co-op with my friends and a bit of single player but I can't see myself playing this in 3 months. My clan wont play this as we have no "home" to go to in terms of a server to join or own ourselves.

This fosters a community and camaraderie, when you have players who play well people want to play with that group, a dedicated server allows people to see this and know oh Lions server has a space, those guys are pretty good team players I'll join them. This is a big issue, but when hackers start to turn up as they already have been in the GR:O beta reporting the hackers could take weeks to come to fruition and the player base will abandon the game in a heartbeat (Look at both Crysis 2 and Homefront, hackers had ruined both within three weeks of launch and neither have any remote form of player base now). Having the dedicated servers which with proper admin and clan allows the servers to be clean and allow the game to thrive online.

Don't get me wrong, hackers will still exist, but the server and admin solution is the best countermeasure to this. Any Anti-Cheat that is implemented just wont work without something to prop it up and support the system i.e using PunkBuster as a single anti-cheat solution fails due to the fact that the hacking scene prides itself on being consistently one step ahead of it, while its strength as anti-cheat in other games (BF3/CrysisWars/BC2/CoD4) come from the community banlists PBBANS, CCG, MetaBans and so on.

I appreciate the reply Mush I honestly do, but the dedicated server and clan conversation as a whole is a lot more complex than just a matchmaking system (in my honest opinion).

[edit] re-read the last sentence and it broke my brain - I don't know what I was trying to type ;p

EGVT-TheUnKnowN
05-17-2012, 09:59 PM
So sad for a great game that it will not have dedicated servers, i just wonder when the devs will realize that we pc gamers want dedicated servers?.

CosyPigeon
05-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Well I'm glad the forum Mods where able to answer my question eventually, thank you for your effort in getting us a straight answer. Unfortunately due to the lack of ranked dedicated servers, as well as other features that have been considered standard in PC gaming for over a decade, I will not be purchasing this game, as it simply does not compete with other titles on the market due to the lack of these very basic features.

Keep trying Ubisoft, maybe you'll get it right one day.

HerofTime64
05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the information. Was minutes away from preordering before I found this thread. Will be passing on the game until it goes onsale. No dedicated servers means the online portion of the game will be dead within months.

Again, thanks for the information.

Khyber_GT
05-18-2012, 04:41 PM
pure console port bull****. With all the free to play shooters now and upcoming you should feel ashamed ubi. Keep supporting old out dated consoles while shafting the community that gave birth to your franchises.

Ten24.NarcSgt
05-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Not buying after readyng this........................No dedicated servers.......sheez

uh60l
05-20-2012, 07:43 AM
There is no LAN support.

Could you please carify then, why on this page:

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-43748&ct=tcm:6-231-32

it says the following:

""Guerrilla is a co-op mode that can be played with up to 4 players, on LAN or online and even in split screen (2 players split). It is a wave based game mode in which you and your squad need to take over enemy HQ and defend it against assaults of increasing difficulty. "

Does someone at UBI not know what "LAN" is, or is the term being used to sucker people into buying yet another game that does not support LAN? I'd buy this game if it had it.

uh60l
05-20-2012, 07:53 AM
So apparently they are just copying and pasting. On steam (you know, for the PC) under game details, under guerilla mode:

"Play with up to 3 friends online, or play on the same console and TV with two-players split screen mode."

It's obvious this was pasted from the console info. Unfortunately I think the game is copied and pasted as well, and unfortunately, it probably does not have any of what we want, including LAN.

I'm never gonna get a new game at this rate!

Ten24.NarcSgt
05-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Best idea for shooter fans.............stick with what you have......BF 3 is bringing 2 expansion packs. Notice EA at least supports PC gamers with an awesome dedicated server file. Unfortunately, UBISOFT follows the trend of MW3.................I predict it will be a complete lagfest like MW3. You will watch hackers and not even be able to kick them.

uh60l
05-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Could you please carify then, why on this page:

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-43748&ct=tcm:6-231-32

it says the following:

""Guerrilla is a co-op mode that can be played with up to 4 players, on LAN or online and even in split screen (2 players split). It is a wave based game mode in which you and your squad need to take over enemy HQ and defend it against assaults of increasing difficulty. "

Does someone at UBI not know what "LAN" is, or is the term being used to sucker people into buying yet another game that does not support LAN? I'd buy this game if it had it.

Funny, all of the sudden on the page I linked, the comment I had posted is no longer there. I wonder why? Struck a nerve, have I?

yusukethx
05-23-2012, 02:33 AM
I was hoping the game last year, and I was sad when they told me that maybe would not have version for pc, plus yesterday a friend sent me the link of the sale in STEAM, missed tears of joy, I'd buy the game tomorrow, then leaves gathering friends to buy the game, more found here that the game don't have option
dedicated server, as we will do our server?, Thank you, I waited long time for this game, unfortunately I will not buy it, would have been better not launch pc, the game will be that neither the multiplayer ME3, will be played at most two to three weeks, now you almost do not think player in matchmaking, 2012 was the year of the BF3, GRFS failed for me, one more game in the trash, so I can only hope the end of the year to buy resident evil 6!

Sorry for my bad english!