PDA

View Full Version : Desmond DID NOT create a synch nexus!

DiamondBlade_R
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Lately, I've been seeing way to many people state that Desmond has managed to create a Synch Nexus at the end of Revelations, mainly in relation to the glowing markings that appeared on his arm when he finally awoke from his coma in the final scene of the game. But what people fail to realize is that Desmond never created a Synch Nexus! a Synch Nexus is, as Clay\Subject 16 put it, a state where an Animus user has explored all of the memories of his ancestors "until they have nothing last to show him", i.e. until their first offspring is conceived. Desmond did that with Altair in AC2, there's no arguing about that, but he never did it with Ezio. He never relived the moment in Ezio's life where his daughter, Flavia, was conceived with Sophia. Therefore, he never created a Synch Nexus. Stop saying he did, people.

misterB2001
04-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Why does the ancestor conceiving the child have anything to do with it?

LightRey
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
You're incorrect. Clay tells us a Synch Nexus is achieved when the ancestor has "nothing left to tell" the subject (in this case Desmond). That doesn't mean that all memories have to be relived. It means that all memories significant to the subject must be relived (i.e. important live changing moments that transcend their meaning in just the life of the ancestor, such as the messages from TWCB and discovering things about TWCB and the age old war between the Assassins and the Templars). Desmond reached his synch nexus when Jupiter gave him his "revelation", which was the final part of Ezio's life that was of more than just personal importance. After that Ezio retired from being an Assassin and what little business he still had with the Assassins was of little significance (from his and Desmond's perspective at least) to the future and Desmond.

infamous_ezio
04-18-2012, 02:46 PM
He did dude, the point where ezio, altair and desmond converge is the point of this "synch nexus".

GLHS
04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
-__- What part of Desmond waking up from the coma do people not understand? I swear, it's like they completely skipped over the story in AC:R. I'm not even gonna attempt to correct this. Lightrey pretty much did all the work for everybody.

POP1Fan
04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
I love when ACR haters start threads like this and only argue how bad the story sucked though it always seems like they simply didin't get it.It's mindblowing how there is SOOOO much hate from these people that don't get what happened right in front of them.

PS:I am not refering to the OP alone, but to everybody who does this.

Agentbarto
04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
You're incorrect. Clay tells us a Synch Nexus is achieved when the ancestor has "nothing left to tell" the subject (in this case Desmond). That doesn't mean that all memories have to be relived. It means that all memories significant to the subject must be relived (i.e. important live changing moments that transcend their meaning in just the life of the ancestor, such as the messages from TWCB and discovering things about TWCB and the age old war between the Assassins and the Templars). Desmond reached his synch nexus when Jupiter gave him his "revelation", which was the final part of Ezio's life that was of more than just personal importance. After that Ezio retired from being an Assassin and what little business he still had with the Assassins was of little significance (from his and Desmond's perspective at least) to the future and Desmond.

God why do people take things said so literally. What Clay meant by "has nothing left to show you." was that the ancestor's memory synchronization with Desmond was to such a high degree of completion that the Animus could redistribute and separate the personalities and minds of Desmond and the ancestors. However that doesn't mean ALL memories were accessed. It means the BIG ones which held enough meaning, enough of what made each individual unique and separate from the others. The synch nexus is created by the Animus (it's not necessarily a point reached though), not Desmond's mind in this case. All that raw data is too much to process at one moment, even for him. One wonders what the bleeding effect is, well take it from Clay; "Too many ghosts in your head..." From where do these "ghosts" come? From all the raw data stored in the brain at one time.

SquarePolo27
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Uh, Desmond didn't reach a sync nexus with Altair in AC2...

OriginalMiles
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
The synch nexus was created at the point Ezio, Altair and Desmond converged, they were all in the same place (in a way), Altair's body, Ezio, and the Desmond hologram in the library, that's when their paths cross, and that's when Altair and Ezio had nothing else to show Desmond.

Lord_Roose
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Why would a sync nexus magically fix Desmond's coma problem anyway? The dude's supposed to mentally screwed, I just don't see why reliving more memories, even they do include wisdom, would help that. Is it just because the writers say it can, or am I missing something?

pacmanate
04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Why would a sync nexus magically fix Desmond's coma problem anyway? The dude's supposed to mentally screwed, I just don't see why reliving more memories, even they do include wisdom, would help that. Is it just because the writers say it can, or am I missing something?

*Facepalm*

Anyway, as LightRey said a sync nexus is when an ancestor has "nothing left to tell". Not when an ancestor "gets busy and has a baby".

freddie_1897
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
*Facepalm*

Anyway, as LightRey said a sync nexus is when an ancestor has "nothing left to tell". Not when an ancestor "gets busy and has a baby".
like rileypools game of 'twister'

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

EscoBlades
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Well, this has been an interesting thread so far. If its okay with you guys, let me share something Darby enlightened me on regarding the whole Sync Nexus issue:

The synch nexus was supposed to literally be "when the next ancestor is conceived" ... but two things prevented this from being clear... A) The need for a dramatic finale... and ending with Ezio and Sofia getting jiggy would not have worked. B) The author of the Revelations book, without Darby being aware of it until too late, wrote that Ezio and Sofia conceived Flavia months after returning to Italy.... whereas Darby always wanted it to be a day or two after the final cutscene.

So technically, DiamondBlade is correct. Thematically, Lightrey is also correct. Just imagine Desmond zooming right through all the rest of Ezio's unimportant, uneventful memories as he is waking up from the coma. Darby actually wanted Desmond's wake-up sequence to have flashes of imagery of Sofia and Ezio hooking up... but there just wasn't the time to include them.

freddie_1897
04-18-2012, 04:31 PM
personally if i was an assassin i'd rather keep my sex life private

infamous_ezio
04-18-2012, 04:57 PM

The animus made desmond mentally unstable because his memories became fragmented, in other words his mind was falling apart and his brain was confusing desmond with ezio and altair, the only way for him to fix this was find the moment (synch nexus) where these three 'minds' converged, hence at that point his brain was able separate desmond from ezio and altair, 16 makes a good explanation of it at the beginning of revelations.

EDIT: i didn't see esco's post till after i posted this...

TheHumanTowel
04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah it's a contrived excuse to have Desmond wade through even more of Ezio's memories. How did the sync nexus allow Jupiter to speak to Desmond from inside the animus? Is that even what happened or is Jupiter speaking to Ezio with Desmond watching again? This synch nexus business is a load of bollox.

infamous_ezio
04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Well, this has been an interesting thread so far. If its okay with you guys, let me share something Darby enlightened me on regarding the whole Sync Nexus issue:

The synch nexus was supposed to literally be "when the next ancestor is conceived" ... but two things prevented this from being clear... A) The need for a dramatic finale... and ending with Ezio and Sofia getting jiggy would not have worked. B) The author of the Revelations book, without Darby being aware of it until too late, wrote that Ezio and Sofia conceived Flavia months after returning to Italy.... whereas Darby always wanted it to be a day or two after the final cutscene.

So technically, DiamondBlade is correct. Thematically, Lightrey is also correct. Just imagine Desmond zooming right through all the rest of Ezio's unimportant, uneventful memories as he is waking up from the coma. Darby actually wanted Desmond's wake-up sequence to have flashes of imagery of Sofia and Ezio hooking up... but there just wasn't the time to include them.

This is strange because the way 16 explained it was that, the synch nexus was the point where the ancestor had nothing left to show, not when the next ancestor was conceived. They didn't really hint at the idea of what darby said being the case aha.

DiamondBlade_R
04-18-2012, 05:36 PM

God why do people take things said so literally. What Clay meant by "has nothing left to show you." was that the ancestor's memory synchronization with Desmond was to such a high degree of completion that the Animus could redistribute and separate the personalities and minds of Desmond and the ancestors. However that doesn't mean ALL memories were accessed. It means the BIG ones which held enough meaning, enough of what made each individual unique and separate from the others. The synch nexus is created by the Animus (it's not necessarily a point reached though), not Desmond's mind in this case. All that raw data is too much to process at one moment, even for him. One wonders what the bleeding effect is, well take it from Clay; "Too many ghosts in your head..." From where do these "ghosts" come? From all the raw data stored in the brain at one time.

I mean no disrespect to any of you by saying this, but you two, along with everyone else on this thread who shares your view of this subject, are all wrong. What you are all saying is that the Synch Nexus happens only when certain memories of an ancestor are explored by a specific descendant of theirs, to whom they have significance. That doesn't make any sense, simply because within the AC universe, the Synch Nexus is a phenomenon. Not a "living entity". It doesn't have a will, or consciousness of any kind. It is not something that's capable of differentiating between different "types" of memories by how significant they are to the specific individual reliving them through the Animus. To the Synch Nexus, the memories are no more than content. Each of them is. It doesn't differentiate between content of type A and content of type B. And even though the AC universe is a fictitious one, the basis for the Synch Nexus phenomenon seems to be closer to scientific than to, say, magical, which means the fact that a "phenomenon" can't differentiate between different types of "content" most certainly applies to the Synch Nexus. Long story short, it's not about whether the descendant has experienced memories that are "significant" to them - as "significance" is a subjective thing that would require the Synch Nexus to differentiate between different types of memories, which it cant do - but rather, it's about whether or not the descendant has experienced the specific memory that is the last chronological one the ancestor had before their offspring was conceived.

The synch nexus was created at the point Ezio, Altair and Desmond converged, they were all in the same place (in a way), Altair's body, Ezio, and the Desmond hologram in the library, that's when their paths cross, and that's when Altair and Ezio had nothing else to show Desmond.

This is the first comment in this entire thread that actually makes sense to me, even if it doesn't follow my exact logic as for what the term Synch Nexus refers to - because this comment assumes that the conditions for creating the Synch Nexus actually depend on exploring the specific memories of an ancestor, by any of their descendants, and not on whether or not some memories explored are significant to the specific descendant reliving them.

I love when ACR haters start threads like this and only argue how bad the story sucked though it always seems like they simply didin't get it.It's mindblowing how there is SOOOO much hate from these people that don't get what happened right in front of them.

PS:I am not refering to the OP alone, but to everybody who does this.
I'm not an ACR hater, actually. I like it very much. In fact, I think it was the best installment in the series since AC1 (which is still the best one, in my opinion). The reason I've been creating all these threads lately about issues I have with the consistency of the story telling of the game, is that I honestly feel that the writers have gotten sloppy on that department.

TheHumanTowel
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm not an ACR hater, actually. I like it very much. In fact, I think it was the best installment in the game since AC1 (which is still the best, in my opinion). The reason I've been creating all these threads lately about issues I have with the consistency of the story telling of the game, is that I honestly feel that the writers have gotten sloppy on that department.
You've been pretty much proven right by Escoblade's comment. They were going to show flashes of Ezio's child's conception but ran out of time. I know they must've been under a lot of pressure with the 1 year development cycle but this is just ,as you said, sloppy storytelling.

POP1Fan
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm not an ACR hater, actually. I like it very much. In fact, I think it was the best installment in the series since AC1 (which is still the best one, in my opinion). The reason I've been creating all these threads lately about issues I have with the consistency of the story telling of the game, is that I honestly feel that the writers have gotten sloppy on that department.

Then allow me to apologize to you, though my point still stands.Anyway I agree that the story got a little bit down since AC2 but unlike how some people tend to criticise though they simply don't understand it.

infamous_ezio
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
I mean no disrespect to any of you by saying this, but you two, along with everyone else on this thread who shares your view of this subject, are all wrong. What you are all saying is that the Synch Nexus happens only when certain memories of an ancestor are explored by a specific descendant of theirs, to whom they have significance. That doesn't make any sense, simply because within the AC universe, the Synch Nexus is a phenomenon. Not a "living entity". It doesn't have a will, or consciousness of any kind. It is not something that's capable of differentiating between different "types" of memories by how significant they are to the specific individual reliving them through the Animus. To the Synch Nexus, the memories are no more than content. Each of them is. It doesn't differentiate between content of type A and content of type B. And even though the AC universe is a fictitious one, the basis for the Synch Nexus phenomenon seems to be closer to scientific than to, say, magical, which means the fact that a "phenomenon" can't differentiate between different types of "content" most certainly applies to the Synch Nexus. Long story short, it's not about whether the descendant has experienced memories that are "significant" to them - as "significance" is a subjective thing that would require the Synch Nexus to differentiate between different types of memories, which it cant do - but rather, it's about whether the descendant has experienced the specific memory that is the last chronological one the ancestor had before their offspring was conceived.

This is the first comment in this entire thread that actually makes sense to me, even if it doesn't follow my exact logic as for what the term Synch Nexus refers to - because this comment assumes that the conditions for creating the Synch Nexus actually depend on exploring the specific memories of an ancestor, by any of their descendants, and not on whether or not some memories explored are significant to the specific descendant reliving them.

Love the explanation man, makes alot of sense. I guess people get the wrong idea because they don't really make the synch nexus out to be the point the ancestor is conceived, but i guess its the way you interpret it. Oh and i agree with you in that last point, they really have gone down hill with the storytelling.

Gil_217
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM

God d*mn the 1 year development cycle. Because of it we didn't have a sex scene in ACR.

As all of you know, this is a very important feature in the franchise.

infamous_ezio
04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
God d*mn the 1 year development cycle. Because of it we didn't have a sex scene in ACR.

definitely could have been good fapping material.

Mikl-90-
04-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Wasn't the nexus supposed to be the memory where Altair, Ezio ans Desmond cross paths? I don't remember all the details so I might be wrong but the logic I got from it is that since all 3 are technically in that same memory Desmond's brain would be able to separate them and not become insane like Clay.

Gil_217
04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Wasn't the nexus supposed to be the memory where Altair, Ezio and Desmond cross paths? I don't remember all the details so I might be wrong but the logic I got from it is that since all 3 are technically in that same memory Desmond's brain would be able to separate them and not become insane like Clay.

That was always what I thought the Synch Nexus was, and in my opinion, it's the explanation that makes more sense.

DiamondBlade_R
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Both my own explanation for what a Synch Nexus is and the one given in the quotes above make sense to me... Mine does because I feel it matches Clay's explanation, while that other one does because it would explain why Desmond wakes up immidiately after the final in-Animus scene in the game, and also because the word "nexus" has to do with connections between things, which would be a suitable description of what actually happened: the memories of Ezio, Altair and Desmond were all "connected" to each other. Synched, if you will.

rileypoole1234
04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
A sync nexus is not defined as "The point of time when an ancestor conceives a child". Simple as that.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
^ Yup

DiamondBlade_R
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
A sync nexus is not defined as "The point of time when an ancestor conceives a child". Simple as that.

^ Yup
Not to be rude, but did the two of you even read the messages in this thread? We just filled two and a half pages discussing the complexity of of this very subject.

smengler
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Wasn't the nexus supposed to be the memory where Altair, Ezio ans Desmond cross paths? I don't remember all the details so I might be wrong but the logic I got from it is that since all 3 are technically in that same memory Desmond's brain would be able to separate them and not become insane like Clay.

I know this is what they said in the game, but I don't think it's necessarily true. What if Ezio had died before he had gotten to see Altair's last memory? What if Desmond relived the memory of some other assassin that does not relate to Altair at all? Would Desmond be stuck in his state forever just because they were not all in the same place at the same time? Probably not. Desmond needs to be able to differentiate between the memories, so I think as long as there is some sort of closure to the ancestor's lives/memories (not necessarily occurring at the same time), it allows Desmond to reach this sync nexus. That is what I got from it anyways.

rileypoole1234
04-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Not to be rude, but did the two of you even read the messages in this thread? We just filled two and a half pages discussing the complexity of of this very subject.

It doesn't even matter what a sync nexus is anymore. If Ubisoft says it happened, it happened. There's really no arguing it.

DiamondBlade_R
04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Yes, but that's no what I meant when I said the subject was complex; what's complex is not just whether it has happened or not in-universe, but also the fact that the developers were interestingly inconsistent as far as the definition of the term goes. I simply find it interesting to discuss, that's all.

naran6142
04-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Ok im gunna take a crack at clearing some of this up with out using the word synch nexus because whatever the word means is not the point...

Desmond is in a coma because he is suffering from uncontrollable bleeding effect
the bleeding effect comes from having a high sync with an ancestor
He falls into the coma because he has so much synchronization with ezio, that his mind cant tell the difference between himself and Ezio
inorder for desmond to wake up, he needs to separate Ezio from himself

now if desmond views a significant memory of ezio that would further his synchronization, increasing the bleeding effect, making him more unstable

however when ezio had a kid, there were no more memories to see, allowing desmonds mind to separate ezio from itself.

the same sorta thing happened to desmond in AC2 with the dream. the bleeding effect destabilized desmonds mind with memories of Altair. But when Altair conceived a child there was nothing left for desmond to see so he woke up. if altair waited until he was 50 to have kids like ezio, desmond would probably been out a lot longer

hope that clears up confusion :D

Lord_Roose
04-19-2012, 01:16 AM
*Facepalm*

The animus made desmond mentally unstable because his memories became fragmented, in other words his mind was falling apart and his brain was confusing desmond with ezio and altair, the only way for him to fix this was find the moment (synch nexus) where these three 'minds' converged, hence at that point his brain was able separate desmond from ezio and altair, 16 makes a good explanation of it at the beginning of revelations.

EDIT: i didn't see esco's post till after i posted this...Thanks infamous_ezio for the helpful explanation. Pacmanate, I'm not sure why you felt the need to facepalm me for asking a question. My specific issue hadn't already been explained in a sensible way.

I still don't think it makes sense that the 'synch nexus' would allow him to instantaneously separate the memories, but whatever.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Thanks infamous_ezio for the helpful explanation. Pacmanate, I'm not sure why you felt the need to facepalm me for asking a question. My specific issue hadn't already been explained in a sensible way.

I still don't think it makes sense that the 'synch nexus' would allow him to instantaneously separate the memories, but whatever.

The sync nexus did not separate anything. It was Desmond being able to complete unfinished memories that separated the memories and THEN let him enter the sync nexus. That is why Altairs story ended, then Ezio's story ended, then the Sync nexus happended.

Calvarok
04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
I think it has a certain logic to it. His mind is being supressed by different personalities, so he needs to put them to rest.

JumpInTheFire13
04-19-2012, 05:44 AM
I don't even feel like explaining how wrong you are.

DiamondBlade_R
04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Ok im gunna take a crack at clearing some of this up with out using the word synch nexus because whatever the word means is not the point...

Desmond is in a coma because he is suffering from uncontrollable bleeding effect

How exactly do you figure that? Not once is it stated, at the ending of Brotherhood or throughout the entirety of Revelations, that the Bleeding Effect was the cause for Desmond's coma. For all we know, the cause for that might have had something to do with his being controlled by the Apple (like a side effect that happens to anyone who was controlled by it like that), or that the shock he experienced upon stabbing Lucy may have triggered it. To support the assumption that his coma was not a result of the Bleeding Effect, Brotherhood did not have any foreshadowing a-la AC2 to suggest that the Bleeding Effect Desmond was suffering from was in such an advanced stage that it would cause him to fall into a comatose state.

the bleeding effect comes from having a high sync with an ancestor

That's not entirely accurate either. The Bleeding Effect is caused by prolonged exposure to the Animus. It doesn't really depend on the level of synchronization an Animus user has with their ancestor, even though it is a part of it. To put it in in-game terms, Even if Desmond had only gotten 50% sych in all of Ezio's memories, he would still have started suffering from the Bleeding Effect after a certain period of time of being exposed to the Animus. Having only 50% synch with Ezio might have slowed down the process of the Bleeding Effect messing with Desmond's mind, but it wouldn't have stopped it or prevented it.

He falls into the coma because he has so much synchronization with ezio, that his mind cant tell the difference between himself and Ezio

Read my First comment in orange.

in order for desmond to wake up, he needs to separate Ezio from himself

We have no proof to suggest that Desmond's coma was caused by the Bleeding Effect, and therefore we cannot assume for certain that treating the Bleeding Effect is what caused Desmond to wake up from his coma.

now if desmond views a significant memory of ezio that would further his synchronization, increasing the bleeding effect, making him more unstable

Read my first comment in bold; Also, as I've explained previously on this thread, the Synch Nexus - which was what made Desmond "unstable" - had nothing to do with accessing "significant's memories, but rather with accessing the one memory where the ancestor's first offspring is conceived. And I quote myself to further explain it, as I don'tfeel like writing the entire explanation all of over again:
What you are all saying is that the Synch Nexus happens only when certain memories of an ancestor are explored by a specific descendant of theirs, to whom they have significance. That doesn't make any sense, simply because within the AC universe, the Synch Nexus is aphenomenon. Not a "living entity". It doesn't have a will, or consciousness of any kind. It is not something that's capable of differentiating between different "types" of memories by how significant they are to the specific individual reliving them through the Animus. To the Synch Nexus, the memories are no more than content. Each of them is. It doesn't differentiate between content of type A and content of type B. And even though the AC universe is a fictitious one, the basis for the Synch Nexus phenomenon seems to be closer to scientific than to, say, magical, which means the fact that a "phenomenon" can't differentiate between different types of "content" most certainly applies to the Synch Nexus. Long story short, it's not about whether the descendant has experienced memories that are "significant" to them - as "significance" is a subjective thing that would require the Synch Nexus to differentiate between different types of memories, which it cant do - but rather, it's about whether or not the descendant has experienced the specific memory that is the last chronological one the ancestor had before their offspring was conceived.

however when ezio had a kid, there were no more memories to see, allowing desmonds mind to separate ezio from itself.

I agree that what needed to happen was for Desmond to relive Ezio's memory of when his first offspring was conceived, however he did not relive that memory - therefore he never technically created a Synch Nexus with Ezio - and yet the game still tries to sell us the story that he did. That's what this thread is all about, lol

the same sorta thing happened to desmond in AC2 with the dream. the bleeding effect destabilized desmonds mind with memories of Altair. But when Altair conceived a child there was nothing left for desmond to see so he woke up. if altair waited until he was 50 to have kids like ezio, desmond would probably been out a lot longer

hope that clears up confusion :D

My comments in orange; my own citations in green..

pirate1802
04-19-2012, 07:36 AM
16 said at the starting of Revelations, what's happening to Desmond is the same thing that happened to him.

16: They can't help you Desmond, your mind is broken.
Desmond: Broken? I feel fine.
16: So did I, look at me now!

And in AC2 we do get hints that prolonged exposure to the animus has side effects.

DiamondBlade_R
04-19-2012, 07:41 AM
16 said at the starting of Revelations, what's happening to Desmond is the same thing that happened to him.

16: They can't help you Desmond, your mind is broken.
Desmond: Broken? I feel fine.
16: So did I, look at me now!
There's no arguing about the fact that Desmond's mind was "broken", and that he needed to fix that by separating his own memories from those of his ancestors. The question is what exactly he had to do for that to happen, and why what supposedly was the answer to that question - reliving Ezio's memory of when his daughter was conceived - didn't happen in the game, to which EscoBlades has already answered.

pirate1802
04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
I think the bleeding effect was always there. Lucy's death by his own hands put him in a state of shock and triggered the breakdown.

DiamondBlade_R
04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
I think the bleeding effect was always there. Lucy's death by his own hands put him in a state of shock and triggered the breakdown.
That's a very likely possibility.

GLHS
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
So basically, it's both b/c he not only has to differentiate between all the fragments and personalities, but also b/c it's the moment when the bloodline passes and the ancestor has no more important messages to pass on. Everybody's pretty much arguing about nothing b/c both sides are right. If they weren't, Desmond reliving his past to know who he was just like Clay did wouldn't have needed to happen. That's the part that I think has been missing from this. Honestly, whether we see the conception or not doesn't matter. All that that matters it that Ezio had no more important messages to pass on and that in the background the bloodline was being passed at that time. And also that Desmond could differentiate between himself, Altair, and Ezio, which through reliving the rest of Altair's and Ezio's memories, as well as his own past, he was able to do that and wake up.That's why it didn't happen until Ezio relived Altair's last memory and passed the message from Jupiter to Desmond.

LightRey
04-19-2012, 05:03 PM
That's a very likely possibility.
It was actually confirmed that that is the case.

naran6142
04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
My comments in orange; my own citations in green..

1) Just cause know one says "Desmond is in a coma cause of the bleeding effect" doesnt mean its not implied. Desmond had conversations with lucy regarding it. Im pretty sure agree it was because of the bleeding effect and not the apple. it doesnt really make sense for Juno to put desmond into a coma anyways

2) that basic saying the same thing.

3) I'll refer you to point 1

4) again point 1

5) ok, i guess what i was saying was that viewing a random memory significant or not will only serve in making desmond more unstable. why ezio's talk wake desmond from a coma?

6) esco posted saying he asked darby about it and there was going to be a scene where ezio convinced a child, they just couldn't fit it in

InfamousQ1987
04-20-2012, 05:09 AM
1) Just cause know one says "Desmond is in a coma cause of the bleeding effect" doesnt mean its not implied. Desmond had conversations with lucy regarding it. Im pretty sure agree it was because of the bleeding effect and not the apple. it doesnt really make sense for Juno to put desmond into a coma anyways

2) that basic saying the same thing.

3) I'll refer you to point 1

4) again point 1

5) ok, i guess what i was saying was that viewing a random memory significant or not will only serve in making desmond more unstable. why ezio's talk wake desmond from a coma?

6) esco posted saying he asked darby about it and there was going to be a scene where ezio convinced a child, they just couldn't fit it in

I think Desmond going into a coma was part of awakening his 6th. Juno knew how Desmond would feel about she knew how it would effort his mindstate. I always assumed Lucy's DNA was the key to the black room.... So yes Desmond's coma was needed. He had to experience Ezio final memory's with the POE's to receive Jupiter's message.
Subject 16 was needed to help Desmond survive the SUPER ANIMUS DELETE... Somehow I don't see thing's going too good for Desmond in AC3. I think he will sacrifice himself in some epic way.

pacmanate
04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Desmond went into a Coma because of shock.
He created a sync nexus with both Ezio and Altair, otherwise he wouldn't of woken up.

The end :D

GLHS
04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks for that. Think we managed to figure that much out for ourselves lol. Now if we could all just agree on how..................

naran6142
04-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks for that. Think we managed to figure that much out for ourselves lol. Now if we could all just agree on how..................

Maybe we should just leave it as that :p

DiamondBlade_R
04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
So basically, it's both b/c he not only has to differentiate between all the fragments and personalities, but also b/c it's the moment when the bloodline passes and the ancestor has no more important messages to pass on. Everybody's pretty much arguing about nothing b/c both sides are right. If they weren't, Desmond reliving his past to know who he was just like Clay did wouldn't have needed to happen. That's the part that I think has been missing from this. Honestly, whether we see the conception or not doesn't matter. All that that matters it that Ezio had no more important messages to pass on and that in the background the bloodline was being passed at that time. And also that Desmond could differentiate between himself, Altair, and Ezio, which through reliving the rest of Altair's and Ezio's memories, as well as his own past, he was able to do that and wake up.That's why it didn't happen until Ezio relived Altair's last memory and passed the message from Jupiter to Desmond.
And that brings us once again to the "significance" issue, which, as I've already explained twice, couldn't have possibly had anything to do with it. The only way Desmond could've technically created a Synch Nexus with Ezio, was by reliving his memory of when his daughter, her being his first offspring, was conceived. Although, as EscoBlades explained, the reason why the developers at Ubi didn't follow that logic even though they themselves were the ones who came up with it, was because of time constraints, rather than a story issue. That being said, I think we can all just leave this argument as it is by concluding that even though Desmond TECHNICALLY NEVER created a Synch Nexus by in-universe terms, the fact that this was due to technical problems leaves us with the possibility to see it as if all the conditions for creating a Synch Nexus were met, even though they really weren't.

Patrickmc693
04-21-2012, 12:14 AM

The reason Desmond is in a coma and can't wake up is because of the trauma he suffered in the vault. The animus is unable to separate the memories of Desmond, Ezio and Altair- the partitions between their lives are no longer there due to the trauma. By reliving the memories, the animus is able to separate Desmond, Altair and Ezio into their respective lives. This is why you can relive desmonds memory as well. How this sync nexus allows Desmond to wake up, I don't know. But that's what I've gotten from the story anyways, correct me if I'm wrong:P

GLHS
04-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Sounds about right to me. He was able to wake up b/c, as you stated, he pieced his own life and memories back together as well, which was the key and most important part. It would mean nothing knowing who Ezio and Altair were if he didn't know his own memories, which is the technical reason behind why we relive them. It's just like multiple personality disorders. Once the person is helped in understanding who they are and who their personalities are, they are better able to be cured of it, or at least learn to live with it efficiently. Pretty much due to the fact that it helps them realize that they are who they are, and each personality is not a person, but a personification of different aspects of their life and mind.