PDA

View Full Version : The Creed - What is it missing?

BEARCOMPANY85
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Just a quick question and feedback really regarding if the AC Community believe that within the saga so far the Creed is missing anything of importance, let me know guys
Thanks

JCearlyyears
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
The tenets...

Acrimonious_Nin
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
the Tents...

Simbahh
04-17-2012, 12:55 AM
In my opinion, I feel like every game after AC 1 lost the true meaning of being an assassin.

Every game after, No longer was the creed taken seriously, it was.. meh.

Ezio pretty much called himself an assassin, even before he truly knew what it ment to be a part of the creed. (he didnt even know what the creed was)

I know the first game was hella repetative, and needed allot of fixing, but the creed ment still ment something.

You actually felt like an assassin, trained for years before actually murdering a man.
I love Ezio too, so dont name me a Altair fan girl, but with Ezio's story , The creed lost its sacred importance.
It seems like anybody could just join in to be an assassin, it doesent mean anything anymore.

I've yet to fully play revelations, but im positive that my $60.00 spent may just go in as a disapointment. So I'll wait until its cheaper.
So most of these comments are focused on AC 2 and brotherhood alone (maybe even Revelations for those who played it)

I love the franchise, but the games are losing their importance.

Overall this is my opinion, Dont mean to offend anyone.

rileypoole1234
04-17-2012, 01:11 AM
In my opinion, I feel like every game after AC 1 lost the true meaning of being an assassin.

Ezio pretty much called himself an assassin, even before he truly knew what it ment to be a part of the creed. (he didnt even know what the creed was)

I know the first game was hella repetative, and needed allot of fixing, but the creed ment still ment something.

You actually felt like an assassin, trained for years before actually murdering a man.
I love Ezio too, so dont name me a Altair fan girl, but with Ezio's story , The creed lost its sacred importance.
It seems like anybody could just join in to be an assassin, it doesent mean anything anymore.

I've yet to fully play revelations, but im positive that my $60.00 spent may just go in as a disapointment. So I'll wait until its cheaper.
So most of these comments are focused on AC 2 and brotherhood alone (maybe even Revelations for those who played it)

I would argue against that to a certain point. In ACB, Ezio was really all about the Creed. He was a cold blooded assassin in that game. In ACR he tries to learn everything he can about the Creed and Altair, which means that in ACR, the Creed does have a sacred importance. Play ACR. It really is a great game and it wraps the story up very well.

You're not offending anybody by sharing you're opinion by the way;).

Oh and welcome to the Forums.

Simbahh
04-17-2012, 01:27 AM
I understand he was in brotherhood, but not to the level where I was satisfied.
That may just be my being super nitpicky, but he wasnt as wise and knowledgeable as Altair at the same age.

Then again, that is unfair since Altair was born into the creed, and the creed was all Altair ever knew.
So I guess it be hard for Ezio to get understand the importance of the creed since he never really had a master to train or educate him else so.

If your reccomending ACR , since you say it has the best meaning then Ill definatly give it a go. Ive been slighlty disapointed with the way Ubisofts been pumping out AC games, not much emotion packed into them all.
I hope Masyaf can knock some knowledge into Ezio's head, although I feel like its too late since hes been a do-it-yourself assassin for over 20 years.

Haha ! I just wanted to make sure I wasnt offending any die hard Ezio fans, I love him too , but I have problems with the way Ubisoft has been putting together the series. (as do many others)

And thank you for the warm welcome, Ive always been hovering over and reading posts for months, never registered :P

mattscat16
04-17-2012, 02:18 AM
thow shalt not use hidden gun to assassinate targets like a noob...

Perk89
04-17-2012, 03:04 AM

Altair's entire reign as Mentor consisted of him modernizing the Creed. Doing away with the foolish and outdated aspects of it. That was a good thing. Other than that, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Perk89
04-17-2012, 03:23 AM
Also if the OP could elaborate a bit on exactly what he's asking, I'd be happy to take a crack at it..

naran6142
04-17-2012, 05:32 AM
I understand he was in brotherhood, but not to the level where I was satisfied.
That may just be my being super nitpicky, but he wasnt as wise and knowledgeable as Altair at the same age.

Then again, that is unfair since Altair was born into the creed, and the creed was all Altair ever knew.
So I guess it be hard for Ezio to get understand the importance of the creed since he never really had a master to train or educate him else so.

If your reccomending ACR , since you say it has the best meaning then Ill definatly give it a go. Ive been slighlty disapointed with the way Ubisofts been pumping out AC games, not much emotion packed into them all.
I hope Masyaf can knock some knowledge into Ezio's head, although I feel like its too late since hes been a do-it-yourself assassin for over 20 years.

Haha ! I just wanted to make sure I wasnt offending any die hard Ezio fans, I love him too , but I have problems with the way Ubisoft has been putting together the series. (as do many others)

And thank you for the warm welcome, Ive always been hovering over and reading posts for months, never registered :P

Well Altair was being taught by Al mualim during AC1, Ezio had to figure things out on his own and he did a pretty good job

As for getting ACR, you should if ur a AC fan its a great game. To be fair it lacked it content compared to AC2 or ACB but IMO its worth the money :D

ZombieAttkPlan
04-17-2012, 06:18 AM
I would argue against that to a certain point. In ACB, Ezio was really all about the Creed. He was a cold blooded assassin in that game. In ACR he tries to learn everything he can about the Creed and Altair, which means that in ACR, the Creed does have a sacred importance. Play ACR. It really is a great game and it wraps the story up very well.

How does being a "cold blooded assassin" echo respect for the Creed at all? If that's the case I would argue it shows direct defiance toward the Creed. Besides, it's clear that Altair himself largely dismisses the Creed after the death of Al Mualim as being "out of touch." Rather, the Creed is still relevant--long as it interpreted properly.

JumpInTheFire13
04-17-2012, 06:24 AM

I wouldn't say he was a cold blooded Assassin, but rather, he was killing for the Assassin's and for the benefit of Rome and all of Italy, rather than his own revenge motives.

X10J
04-17-2012, 07:42 AM
It seems like the Creed isn't really a creed as far as the three tenets go at least. It's more of a set of guidelines for how to murder dudes. The real creed is with the emphasis of freedom, knowledge, individuality, and peace.

FilipinoNinja67
04-17-2012, 12:37 PM
thow shalt not use hidden gun to assassinate targets like a noob...

Lol

Being an Assassin is not following three rules, it's more about helping those that need it and protecting the free will of humanity.

edson552
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
fvffrre

De Filosoof
04-17-2012, 10:39 PM
fvffrre
This.

Sukramo
04-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I have always felt the Assasains slightly boring because they have no agenda of their own. Their entire existance seems to cirkle around Templars and their plans.

What do the asssasains do with no templars around? Nothing.

ACB had alot more connection with helping the people out of missery. I feel that should be the mian goal of the assasains.

JumpInTheFire13
04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
I have always felt the Assasains slightly boring because they have no agenda of their own. Their entire existance seems to cirkle around Templars and their plans.

What do the asssasains do with no templars around? Nothing.

ACB had alot more connection with helping the people out of missery. I feel that should be the mian goal of the assasains.
The Assassins do have to worry about other people who aren't Templars.

SaintPerkele
04-18-2012, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't say he was a cold blooded Assassin, but rather, he was killing for the Assassin's and for the benefit of Rome and all of Italy, rather than his own revenge motives.
So why did he murder Cesare if not for revenge? Rome was liberated, Ezio owned the Apple, no other reason left.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
So why did he murder Cesare if not for revenge? Rome was liberated, Ezio owned the Apple, no other reason left.

He had the best hair and Ezio had envy in his heart right next to revenge, which was next to Victory, which was rooted in vengeance.

LightRey
04-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Cesare was trying to regain the power he had lost. Ezio had to finish him off to make sure he wouldn't rise to power again.

pirate1802
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
LightRey, I note with great displeasure that my name has disappeared from your sig :'(

And I agree with you, not being vengeful does not mean you are a fool, someone like Cesare with his ambition is clearly a danger until he is put to rest.

SaintPerkele
04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Cesare was not even a proper templar. He was no threat, he was just an ill-bred child. Just because he's regaining the power, doesn't mean that he must neccessarily do evil deeds. That's why Ezio spared his life beforehand, he had enough chances to finish him off. That's why he didn't murder Lucrezia and Micheletto, although both of them commited crimes.

According to the Creed, Assassins should only murder those who are a danger to society and the order. At the battle of Vianna, Cesare wasn't. And I thought this thread was about how the Creed still had importance in the later games :P

I'm not saying the Creed didn't play any role at all. But from AC1 to AC2, there was obviously a huge gap with Ezio killing mainly out of revenge. Some of these things were resolved in Brotherhood (as said above, Lucrezia and Micheletto for example), others however weren't (besides Cesare now, killing Auguste Oberlin for beating his wife and putting up some Borgia posters was ridiculous). Revelations tried to do that right with Ezio accidentally killing an innocent one (without penalty unfortunately..) and the recruit who was punished for assassinating the wrong target. Then again, parts like "Requiescat in pace, bastardo"or Ezio's reaction after the death of Shahkulu were totally out of place.

I assume that these issues occured because Ezio was not really part of a guild inAC2 (or didn't meet the mentor till the very end, who was a bad mentor anyway in my opinion) and was the mentor of the Italian order in ACB and ACR. Although I doubt it, I'd love to see Connor having superiors in the Assassin guild in AC3 who order him to make some research and then carry out an assassination - despite being repetitive, I loved that in AC1.

LightRey
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
LightRey, I note with great displeasure that my name has disappeared from your sig :'(

And I agree with you, not being vengeful does not mean you are a fool, someone like Cesare with his ambition is clearly a danger until he is put to rest.
I like to switch up the quotes a little. If you find me another cool quote I might change my sig again and credit you. xD

Acrimonious_Nin
04-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Cesare was not even a proper templar. He was no threat, he was just an ill-bred child. Just because he's regaining the power, doesn't mean that he must neccessarily do evil deeds. That's why Ezio spared his life beforehand, he had enough chances to finish him off. That's why he didn't murder Lucrezia and Micheletto, although both of them commited crimes.

According to the Creed, Assassins should only murder those who are a danger to society and the order. At the battle of Vianna, Cesare wasn't. And I thought this thread was about how the Creed still had importance in the later games :P

I'm not saying the Creed didn't play any role at all. But from AC1 to AC2, there was obviously a huge gap with Ezio killing mainly out of revenge. Some of these things were resolved in Brotherhood (as said above, Lucrezia and Micheletto for example), others however weren't (besides Cesare now, killing Auguste Oberlin for beating his wife and putting up some Borgia posters was ridiculous). Revelations tried to do that right with Ezio accidentally killing an innocent one (without penalty unfortunately..) and the recruit who was punished for assassinating the wrong target. Then again, parts like "Requiescat in pace, bastardo"or Ezio's reaction after the death of Shahkulu were totally out of place.

I assume that these issues occured because Ezio was not really part of a guild inAC2 (or didn't meet the mentor till the very end, who was a bad mentor anyway in my opinion) and was the mentor of the Italian order in ACB and ACR. Although I doubt it, I'd love to see Connor having superiors in the Assassin guild in AC3 who order him to make some research and then carry out an assassination - despite being repetitive, I loved that in AC1.

You liked the idea of being a subordinate and not a master? you mean, you enjoyed playing as a slave and potential puppet to a Templar? I do not know about the others on the thread, but IMO I think that rising up to become self-sufficient is better than being second best because of a master lol :D, I hope Connor is as cool as they have, so far, shown him to be.

SquarePolo27
04-18-2012, 04:06 PM

+1

SaintPerkele
04-18-2012, 07:02 PM
You liked the idea of being a subordinate and not a master? you mean, you enjoyed playing as a slave and potential puppet to a Templar? I do not know about the others on the thread, but IMO I think that rising up to become self-sufficient is better than being second best because of a master lol :D, I hope Connor is as cool as they have, so far, shown him to be.
Yes, I liked carrying out orders and realizing halfway through that maybe these orders are wrong and eventually come to the conclusion that my own master is a traitor. Gave the feel of an actual Assassins guild and not the one of a one-man killing machine. Playing as a master was nice for some games, but I'm tired of it now and ready for something new.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
^ true lmao I am ready for this new character as well.