PDA

View Full Version : The Lucy Twist and Eagle Vision

Lord_Roose
04-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed.

In AC1, when Desmond picks up eagle vision, he sees Vidic as as an enemy and Lucy as an ally.

But Lucy isn't an ally, so this would seem like an obvious indication that the Lucy twist wasn't planned from the beginning. Either that or eagle vision is inaccurate, which doesn't seem likely.

Now, there are a lot of problems with the Lucy twist, this being only one of them. Others include:

1.) The fact that such a plot important detail is explained in a DLC. Storytelling fail (to be fair, a lot of games do this, so I might as well be railing against DLCs in general)
2.) The fact that it's so random and out of the blue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no foreshadowing whatsoever.
3.) Vidic's plan is idiotically over-elaborate. Why not just have Desmond relive Ezio's memories in the lab? I've heard people say that Desmond needed to be comfortable, but why exactly? That seems like a contrived explanation. If he could relive Altair's memories fine while kidnapped, why not Ezio's? Doing it this way relies on one person (Lucy) and requires the deaths of several Templar agents.

The whole thing seems thrown in for shock value, as there's little to no logic behind it, and it's obvious that they weren't planning it from the beginning.

To be fair, maybe the whole thing will make more sense once AC3 comes out, but I doubt it.

freddie_1897
04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
i think that he doesn't see her in eagle vision as an enemy because he doesn't suspect her. he's convinced she's an assassin, eagle vision can't tell you things you hard no idea about in the first place, but it helps you see things that are obscure but you could tell without eagle vision at a greater difficulty

TheHumanTowel
04-15-2012, 08:25 PM
3.) Vidic's plan is idiotically over-elaborate. Why not just have Desmond relive Ezio's memories in the lab? I've heard people say that Desmond needed to be comfortable, but why exactly? That seems like a contrived explanation. If he could relive Altair's memories fine while kidnapped, why not Ezio's? Doing it this way relies on one person (Lucy) and requires the deaths of several Templar agents.

Yeah i'm very iffy about this development. It seems like a ridiculous risk to take when you've already got the guy you need right there. It makes the Templars seem like idiots more than anything else.

freddie_1897
04-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah i'm very iffy about this development. It seems like a ridiculous risk to take when you've already got the guy you need right there. It makes the Templars seem like idiots more than anything else.
yes, but the games would be a lot more boring

TheHumanTowel
04-15-2012, 08:31 PM
yes, but the games would be a lot more boring
how?

Gil_217
04-15-2012, 08:54 PM

In AC1, when Desmond picks up eagle vision, he sees Vidic as as an enemy and Lucy as an ally.

But Lucy isn't an ally, so this would seem like an obvious indication that the Lucy twist wasn't planned from the beginning. Either that or eagle vision is inaccurate, which doesn't seem likely.

Now, there are a lot of problems with the Lucy twist, this being only one of them. Others include:

1.) The fact that such a plot important detail is explained in a DLC. Storytelling fail (to be fair, a lot of games do this, so I might as well be railing against DLCs in general)
2.) The fact that it's so random and out of the blue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no foreshadowing whatsoever.

The whole thing seems thrown in for shock value, as there's little to no logic behind it, and it's obvious that they weren't planning it from the beginning.

To be fair, maybe the whole thing will make more sense once AC3 comes out, but I doubt it.

Your first point is irrelevant and doesn't discredit anything.

Your second point: In ACB, in my opinion, they actually showed signs of a possible mole/undercover agent or something like that. They mentioned a suspicious white van parked outside of Monterigionni, Lucy's absence during a sequence, the red trail that Ubisoft later said it was only for noobs don't get lost ( I still don't believe this crappy explanation) but who at the time created a lot of speculation regarding a possible mole, and Ubisoft were well aware that red trail would create a lot of talk in my opinion. Hell, if you visited this forum around that time, there were a lot of threads with a lot of pages talking about Lucy's true allegiance, so I think they actually foreshadowed it.

Your third point: At first, I had that same reaction, why in the hell would the Templars create such an elaborate plan to do something that they could do themselves. But then I realized that it was a genius plan. Look, the Templars already have a map that shows the locations of various Pieces of Eden, and it was already stated that they only need one Apple of Eden to launch the satellite, so it's only a matter of time until the recovery teams arrive with one Apple.

In the meantime, they have to do something, so they turn their attentions to their greatest enemies, they turn their attention to the people that can pose a threat to them, the Assassins. And what better way to deal with them then sending someone who the Assassins think it's one of their own, when in fact, that person is now a Templar.

With the staged escape plan, the Templars achieved so much:

- They infiltrated a mole in the Assassins, therefore, they now have access to everything Assassin related: where they are, what they want to do, what is their next step, what are their objectives, and the location of the Grand Master of the Assassin Order, who I'm sure the Templars want exterminated

- And the bonus: Desmond relives the memories of Ezio Auditore willingly, making the process much more quick, leading to the location of Ezio's Apple, in which Lucy would brought it to the Templars. Brilliant plan

This was a win win situation, until "outside interference", if you know what I mean!

Liu_Jian
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
It was always pretty clear to me that the reason they wanted lucy to take Desmond to the assassins was so that they could have a mole inside of the Assassin Order. Now they can get inside information on what their objectives are and what they're looking for. Plus it would be easier to find William Miles, which they apparently successfully did in ACR.

OriginalMiles
04-15-2012, 09:02 PM

Your second point: In ACB, in my opinion, they actually showed signs of a possible mole/undercover agent or something like that. They mentioned a suspicious white van parked outside of Monterigionni, Lucy's absence during a sequence, the red trail that Ubisoft later said it was only for noobs don't get lost ( I still don't believe this crappy explanation) but who at the time created a lot of speculation regarding a possible mole, and Ubisoft were well aware that red trail would create a lot of talk in my opinion. Hell, if you visited this forum around that time, there were a lot of threads with a lot of pages talking about Lucy's true allegiance, so I think they actually foreshadowed it.

Your third point: At first, I had that same reaction, why in the hell would the Templars create such an elaborate plan to do something that they could do themselves. But then I realized that it was a genius plan. Look, the Templars already have a map that shows the locations of various Pieces of Eden, and it was already stated that they only need one Apple of Eden to launch the satellite, so it's only a matter of time until the recovery teams arrive with one Apple.

In the meantime, they have to do something, so they turn their attentions to their greatest enemies, they turn their attention to the people that can pose a threat to them, the Assassins. And what better way to deal with them then sending someone who the Assassins think it's one of their own, when in fact, that person is now a Templar.

- They infiltrated a mole in the Assassins, therefore, they now have access to everything Assassin related: where they are, what they want to do, what is their next step, what are their objectives, and the location of the Grand Master of the Assassin Order, who I'm sure the Templars want exterminated

- And the bonus: Desmond relives the memories of Ezio Auditore willingly, making the process much more quick, leading to the location of Ezio's Apple, in which Lucy would brought it to the Templars. Brilliant plan

This was a win win situation, until "outside interference", if you know what I mean!
That is the most believable explanation I've ever seen, you sir are full of win.

Gil_217
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
That is the most believable explanation I've ever seen, you sir are full of win.

Thank you very much.

Lord_Roose
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
They can send Lucy to be a mole with the Assassins without giving up Desmond, unless Lucy wasn't an assassin until she gave them Desmond. But I always thought she was reporting back to the Assassins while at Abstergo (that's how the Assassins found where Desmond was near the end of AC1). I don't see how having Desmond do the Animus 'willingly' makes the process quicker. It's not like he had difficulties with it in AC1. Contrived explanation is contrived.

Ultimately, Vidic's plan places too much importance on the competence of one agent, and it requires the needless deaths of several Templars.

Gil_217
04-15-2012, 09:31 PM
They can send Lucy to be a mole with the Assassins without giving up Desmond, unless Lucy wasn't an assassin until she gave them Desmond. But I always thought she was reporting back to the Assassins while at Abstergo (that's how the Assassins found where Desmond was near the end of AC1). I don't see how having Desmond do the Animus 'willingly' makes the process quicker. It's not like he had difficulties with it in AC1. Contrived explanation is contrived.

Ultimately, Vidic's plan places too much importance on the competence of one agent, and it requires the needless deaths of several Templars.

For God's sake, did you even read my WHOLE post?

Lord_Roose
04-15-2012, 09:37 PM
For God's sake, did you even read my WHOLE post?Calm down. What do you think I was responding to? Your point about the mole is moot because they could have sent Lucy away without giving up Desmond, which is an unnecessary risk. Your point about Desmond being comfortable is moot because there's no evidence that comfort can quicken the memory replay.

Your point about foreshadowing kind of works, but none of the foreshadowing points to Lucy. It's just 'generic possible traitor.' My first point, about the DLC, isn't irrelevant. That is bad storytelling.

Gil_217
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Calm down. What do you think I was responding to? Your point about the mole is moot because they could have sent Lucy away without giving up Desmond, which is an unnecessary risk. Your point about Desmond being comfortable is moot because there's no evidence that comfort can quicken the memory replay.

Your point about foreshadowing kind of works, but none of the foreshadowing points to Lucy. It's just 'generic possible traitor.' My first point, about the DLC, isn't irrelevant. That is bad storytelling.

You think that's addressing a post? LOL

I actually addressed all of your points and provided explanations to everyone of your points, then you just came in and didn't addressed basically anything that I said, and just repeated what you said in the OP.

And lol about Lucy getting out of Abstergo without Desmond, now that would make a lot of sense to the Assassins wouldn't it? Not to mention that she already "failed" to get Clay out, if she would get out of Abstergo without Desmond what the hell do you think the Assassin's would think. Jesus Christ, use your head for once.

UrDeviant1
04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Not to mention that having Lucy with Desmond makes It a hell of a lot easier for Vidic to keep tabs on the Assassins goings on.

Lord_Roose
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM

I actually addressed all of your points and provided explanations to everyone of your points, then you just came in and didn't addressed basically anything that I said, and just repeated what you said in the OP.

And lol about Lucy getting out of Abstergo without Desmond, now that would make a lot of sense to the Assassins wouldn't it? Not to mention that she already "failed" to get Clay out, if she would get out of Abstergo without Desmond what the hell do you think the Assassin's would think. Jesus Christ, use your head for once.Why are you getting so angry with me? It's rather amusing.

Your core points were just really easily refuted. You called Vidic's plan a 'win win' until outside interference. The fact is, while yes it allows them to collect some info on the Assassins, it also GIVES THE ASSASSINS INFO ON WHERE THE POEs are. Even if you say that Lucy would have immediately tried to steal the apple and take off, there's still a risk there that didn't need to happen. Unnecessary risk is unnecessary.

Let's think about Lucy. She starts out as a Templar agent? She infiltrates assassins? Assassins send her to infiltrate Templars? Templars send her to infiltrate infiltrate infiltrate Assasins? Or am I wrong about when she becomes a Templar?

Lucy could have escaped from Abstergo and told the Assassins that bringing Desmond was impossible.

Vidic is essentially giving the Assassins as asset, but hoping that one agent is going to be able to prevent the plan from back-firing. Which it has.

It's funny that you've accused me of not responding to your points, when you haven't responded to the one I've made about there being no evidence that Desmond handles these memories faster when he's more comfortable. The Altair thing worked fine.

TheHumanTowel
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM

And lol about Lucy getting out of Abstergo without Desmond, now that would make a lot of sense to the Assassins wouldn't it? Not to mention that she already "failed" to get Clay out, if she would get out of Abstergo without Desmond what the hell do you think the Assassin's would think. Jesus Christ, use your head for once.
Come on now lads calm down. I think you two need to hug it out.

Lord_Roose
04-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Come on now lads calm down. I think you two need to hug it out.

Gil_217,

I'm sorry Assassin's Creed has bad writing. I know that this revelation is difficult for you. You may know feel that there's no reason to live. But don't despair, and don't take it out on me.

UrDeviant1
04-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Your core points were just really easily refuted. You called Vidic's plan a 'win win' until outside interference. The fact is, while yes it allows them to collect some info on the Assassins, it also GIVES THE ASSASSINS INFO ON WHERE THE POEs are. Even if you say that Lucy would have immediately tried to steal the apple and take off, there's still a risk there that didn't need to happen. Unnecessary risk is unnecessary.

Think about It like this, If Lucy were able to sick around long enough (Instead of getting killed) she could have easily relayed Information to the Templar's as to her whereabouts, after Desmond retrieved Ezio's Apple. They then could have come to kill Desmond, Shaun and Rebecca then took the Apple and Lucy back to Abstergo. If Lucy wasn't there to give them the location, how else would they have (theoretically) retrieved the apple?

Let's think about Lucy. She starts out as a Templar agent? She infiltrates assassins? Assassins send her to infiltrate Templars? Templars send her to infiltrate infiltrate infiltrate Assasins? Or am I wrong about when she becomes a Templar?

Wrong. Lucy was an Assassin first, sent In as a mole to Abstergo. She was left there for a decade, with not a sound nor sight from the Assassins and was eventually swayed by Vidic to join the Templar's.

Gil_217
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
"Let's think about Lucy. She starts out as a Templar agent? She infiltrates assassins? Assassins send her to infiltrate Templars? Templars send her to infiltrate infiltrate infiltrate Assasins? Or am I wrong about when she becomes a Templar? "

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zipl5u.gif

My goodness what a mess.

She was an Assassin all along, but between her 17-22 years of age, she infiltrated Abstergo, working for the Assassins. But, due to years of isolation from the Assassins along with William's careless personality and Vidic's persuasive and manipulative methods, she changed sides, therefore, she became a Templar. Why don't you educate yourself before making a complete fool out of yourself.

"Lucy could have escaped from Abstergo and told the Assassins that bringing Desmond was impossible."

You really believe this crap? You probably think the Assassins have an I.Q. of 70 or something. First, she "fails" at getting Clay out of Abstergo, and now if she got out of Abstergo without Desmond, coupled with her being working for the Templars in the last years, don't you think they would put 2 and 2 together?

"It's funny that you've accused me of not responding to your points, when you haven't responded to the one I've made about there being no evidence that Desmond handles these memories faster when he's more comfortable. The Altair thing worked fine."

Do you realize it was Ubisoft who actually showed us that, by displaying Vidic telling Lucy about the plan.

This is usually what happens when people have no idea what they're talking about.

Gil_217,

I'm sorry Assassin's Creed has bad writing. I know that this revelation is difficult for you. You may know feel that there's no reason to live. But don't despair, and don't take it out on me.

Are you already that desperate?

masterfenix2009
04-15-2012, 10:38 PM
While I do think the Lucy plot twist is horribly cliche and stupid. It doesn't have very many loopholes.

X10J
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM

Sorry, how do we know Lucy wasn't an ally? Is it in the Lost Archive DLC?

EDIT: Just watched a playthrough of TLA. Yeah, that didn't seem very cohesive.

DiamondBlade_R
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes.

SixKeys
04-15-2012, 11:24 PM
The fact that apparently many people still don't even know Lucy was a Templar because they haven't played TLA just strengthens my belief that vital plot points like that should never be revealed in a DLC (at least not one you have to pay for). Ubi hardly advertised TLA at all up until the actual day of release while it contained the answer to perhaps the biggest question fans have had since the end of ACB. It's just ridiculous.

TheHumanTowel
04-15-2012, 11:29 PM
The fact that apparently many people still don't even know Lucy was a Templar because they haven't played TLA just strengthens my belief that vital plot points like that should never be revealed in a DLC (at least not one you have to pay for). Ubi hardly advertised TLA at all up until the actual day of release while it contained the answer to perhaps the biggest question fans have had since the end of ACB. It's just ridiculous.
Exactly. what were they thinkking?

UrDeviant1
04-15-2012, 11:29 PM

I'd have to agree with this. If the dev time wasn't so short for the spin-offs, I think they could/should have worked It Into the main SP. Hopefully people will get more clarity about It from AC3, for everyone's sake.

Lord_Roose
04-16-2012, 01:25 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2zipl5u.gif

My goodness what a mess.

She was an Assassin all along, but between her 17-22 years of age, she infiltrated Abstergo, working for the Assassins. But, due to years of isolation from the Assassins along with William's careless personality and Vidic's persuasive and manipulative methods, she changed sides, therefore, she became a Templar. Why don't you educate yourself before making a complete fool out of yourself.I used question marks for a reason; I wasn't sure about the details. Why don't I educate myself? Because I don't care enough about the modern story. It's trash. Easier to just have you tell me, even if your information is insult-laden.

You really believe this crap? You probably think the Assassins have an I.Q. of 70 or something. First, she "fails" at getting Clay out of Abstergo, and now if she got out of Abstergo without Desmond, coupled with her being working for the Templars in the last years, don't you think they would put 2 and 2 together?Well, if she was an assassin in the beginning, then it could still be plausible. Maybe she tells them that Desmond died or something? You're absolutely right in that it's easier if she takes Desmond as proof of her loyalty, but that's countered by the risks involved. As I've said, even if Lucy plans to call in Templar back-up as soon as they find the POE, there's still the fact that well, you've given the Assassins a god**** POE, even if only temporarily. Her best bet would be to try and snatch it when Desmond wasn't looking. Still though, by giving the Assassins access to Desmond's memories, the Templars are letting them in on secrets that they don't need to know. So yeah, they're gaining info from Lucy, but they're giving info in the form of Desmond's DNA. Wins = losses.

Do you realize it was Ubisoft who actually showed us that, by displaying Vidic telling Lucy about the plan.Well yeah, they're trying to cover their arses after a stupid twist. But it's as you said, they already have the map, this other stuff is bonus. Desmond relived Altair's memories in a fairly short time, how much shorter did it take him to do Ezio's? Probably not too much. There's also all of the escape time, which would negate some of the increased efficiency which comes with comfort.

Basically, my argument boils down to risk. By releasing Desmond, the Templars risk the Assassins learning vital information, including POE locations. The only safe-guard they have against this is Lucy, one person, and her ability to steal back the Apple. Intelligence gained by Templars is negated by intelligence gained by Assassins. While harder, it still would have been possible to have Lucy leave without Desmond.

Are you already that desperate?Well, you started with the ad hominems, so I thought I'd sink down to your level.

Another point I should've made is that Lucy turning while with the Templars doesn't make too much sense. Vidic is manipulative, but he's a mustache-twirling caricature who speaks in a voice that only villains utilize. He's so obviously a bad guy. It would be one thing if the Templar who seduced her were actually charming, and not someone who wears evil on his sleeve. I guess there's some element of Stockholm syndrome, but still. She's supposed to be an intelligent woman.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Foreshadow in ACB is irrelevant as that's the game in which Lucy is killed. Ubi made the decision at this point. However, it WAS contrived and lazy story-telling on Ubi's part because Bell's contract was up. She had no idea her character died.

LightRey
04-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Foreshadow in ACB is irrelevant as that's the game in which Lucy is killed. Ubi made the decision at this point. However, it WAS contrived and lazy story-telling on Ubi's part because Bell's contract was up. She had no idea her character died.
Speculation.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-16-2012, 06:29 AM
She signed up for three games. ACB was the third game. Lets hope that Ubi didnt write something so contrived from the beginning. It's also highly ammusing how you point that out. Forums are for speculation. Could've just as easily said "Words." It's like "No ****, Sherlock."

X10J
04-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Sending Desmond to the Assassins may have made sense if they knew that only Desmond could get into the vaults, because then they would've needed to keep Desmond motivated to pursue the PoEs. That would have been difficult to do if he was working with the Templars, but with the Assassins he's fighting for a cause. I'm not sure that the knew that though.

LightRey
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
She signed up for three games. ACB was the third game. Lets hope that Ubi didnt write something so contrived from the beginning. It's also highly ammusing how you point that out. Forums are for speculation. Could've just as easily said "Words." It's like "No ****, Sherlock."
Oh, I presume you read her contract then?

Gil_217
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
First of all, I apologize to you if I was a little arrogant or disrespected you in any way, shape or form, maybe I was a little pissed off when I posted those remarks.

Well, if she was an assassin in the beginning, then it could still be plausible. Maybe she tells them that Desmond died or something? You're absolutely right in that it's easier if she takes Desmond as proof of her loyalty, but that's countered by the risks involved. As I've said, even if Lucy plans to call in Templar back-up as soon as they find the POE, there's still the fact that well, you've given the Assassins a god**** POE, even if only temporarily. Her best bet would be to try and snatch it when Desmond wasn't looking. Still though, by giving the Assassins access to Desmond's memories, the Templars are letting them in on secrets that they don't need to know. So yeah, they're gaining info from Lucy, but they're giving info in the form of Desmond's DNA. Wins = losses.

Basically, my argument boils down to risk. By releasing Desmond, the Templars risk the Assassins learning vital information, including POE locations. The only safe-guard they have against this is Lucy, one person, and her ability to steal back the Apple. Intelligence gained by Templars is negated by intelligence gained by Assassins. While harder, it still would have been possible to have Lucy leave without Desmond.

What's the problem with the Assassins having Ezio's Apple for a little while if Lucy would steal it right away for the Templars. I don't really see what's the problem here.

Now, about the Assassins being aware of Ezio's memories, and possible important informations regarding topics found in the memories, yes this could be a little careless on the Templars part, but remember that by infiltrating Lucy in the Assassins, the Templars have now access to the locations of the Assassin's teams around the world and the location of the Grand Master, William, so it would be only a matter of time until the Templars would have crushed and destroyed the Assassins for good, so that would be irrelevant, since the Assassins would be done, so I don't see a problem here too.

Another point I should've made is that Lucy turning while with the Templars doesn't make too much sense. Vidic is manipulative, but he's a mustache-twirling caricature who speaks in a voice that only villains utilize. He's so obviously a bad guy. It would be one thing if the Templar who seduced her were actually charming, and not someone who wears evil on his sleeve. I guess there's some element of Stockholm syndrome, but still. She's supposed to be an intelligent woman.

I'm sorry, but this part is idiotic.That's just how it is, at least in my opinion.

Vidic is a very charismatic person, who have a very persuasive and manipulative personality, and is a very good talker. Along with all of this, years of isolation from the Assassins, working for Abstergo in the last years, and, according to Lucy, William's careless personality, and it's important to mention that Lucy was very young when she infiltrated Abstergo, she wasn't mature enough imo, I think that Lucy changing sides actually made sense.

FrankieSatt
04-16-2012, 01:48 PM

I agree 100%. I never knew about Lucy because I never played the DLC because Revelations is so crappy I couldn't stand to play it anymore when I finished, even the DLC.

I might look it up on YouTube and watch it to get the whole story.

DLC should be additional content, not major plot points.

Razrback16
04-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Couldn't agree more with your overall premise about how utterly ridiculous the Lucy plot is/was. Just an epic fail IMO. For whatever reason Ubi wanted or needed to go in a different direction with Desmond's romantic interest and/or Lucy's plot in general and the details / reasoning created to further that new agenda IMO were just silly and unbelievable.

freddie_1897
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
even if lucy being a templar was a 'spur of the moment' type thing, it was still good storytelling

LightRey
04-16-2012, 04:49 PM
even if lucy being a templar was a 'spur of the moment' type thing, it was still good storytelling
Besides, I really don't think it was. I still find it cliche, but there are many signs even in AC1, things that do make much more sense from this perspective.

freddie_1897
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Besides, I really don't think it was. I still find it cliche, but there are many signs even in AC1, things that do make much more sense from this perspective.
i looked at what 16 painted on the wall in desmonds room in AC1 to try and find something about lucy that proves people wrong, but, nothing

LightRey
04-16-2012, 05:17 PM
i looked at what 16 painted on the wall in desmonds room in AC1 to try and find something about lucy that proves people wrong, but, nothing
There may have been a reason why Desmond hasn't been told yet.

mattscat16
04-17-2012, 02:08 AM
i think it was just because he was new to it, i mean it was the first time he was using it.

xOMGITSJASONx
04-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Good job on catching that. Detailed explanation too.

punkyskunk
04-17-2012, 02:50 AM
i think that he doesn't see her in eagle vision as an enemy because he doesn't suspect her. he's convinced she's an assassin, eagle vision can't tell you things you hard no idea about in the first place, but it helps you see things that are obscure but you could tell without eagle vision at a greater difficulty
If ezio can pull a dude out of the crowd as a bad guy (in red) without knowing anything at all about him then how did he know he was a templar

Calvarok
04-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Because Lucy didn't actually want to hurt Desmond. She genuinely liked and wanted to protect him. Eagle vision doesn't show templars, it shows people who intend harm.

punkyskunk
04-17-2012, 03:59 AM
Because Lucy didn't actually want to hurt Desmond. She genuinely liked and wanted to protect him. Eagle vision doesn't show templars, it shows people who intend harm.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh

ZombieAttkPlan
04-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Edit: Sorry, double post.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-17-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm not sure about this "she fell for Desmond" theory Cal, though, I do think you make a very good-well informed-point about the Eagle Vision itself. This isn't a heat seeking Templar finding ray. It's simply an instnct to root out those with perhaps vindictive purposes, OR a sense used to detect targets and or defend ones self from threats. If Lucy in herself was not a threat, clearly not as assassination target (though, she does glow gold in AC2) and does not have (outwardly) vindictive intentions, then it would make sense.

The Templars want peace. You may not agree with their methods (or you may), but you must admit that they do indeed have a noble goal. Utopia through control. Utopia through free-will. What is the difference if Utopia is Utopia? Why not get to it in the more pragmatic way? Now given, there are Templars with their own motivations (The Borgia) and undoubtedly Assassin as well (Abbas).

There may have been a reason why Desmond hasn't been told yet.

II don't care if Ubi did the Lucy thing spur of the moment or not; both you and I agree it's not very good storytelling and needs some adjusting, even if it still makes sense. Which by the way, please tell me what it was that back in AC1 made this make so much sense. I'm not being condescending, I'm actually genuinely interested to hear your opinion on this, because it seems the opposite to me. Either way, I agree with you. If Ubisoft fixes this in AC3 then I'll retract my bad-storytelling comment and replace it with "nearly bad story-telling, but horrible insight."

LightRey
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure about this "she fell for Desmond" theory Cal, though, I do think you make a very good-well informed-point about the Eagle Vision itself. This isn't a heat seeking Templar finding ray. It's simply an instnct to root out those with perhaps vindictive purposes, OR a sense used to detect targets and or defend ones self from threats. If Lucy in herself was not a threat, clearly not as assassination target (though, she does glow gold in AC2) and does not have (outwardly) vindictive intentions, then it would make sense.

The Templars want peace. You may not agree with their methods (or you may), but you must admit that they do indeed have a noble goal. Utopia through control. Utopia through free-will. What is the difference if Utopia is Utopia? Why not get to it in the more pragmatic way? Now given, there are Templars with their own motivations (The Borgia) and undoubtedly Assassin as well (Abbas).

II don't care if Ubi did the Lucy thing spur of the moment or not; both you and I agree it's not very good storytelling and needs some adjusting, even if it still makes sense. Which by the way, please tell me what it was that back in AC1 made this make so much sense. I'm not being condescending, I'm actually genuinely interested to hear your opinion on this, because it seems the opposite to me. Either way, I agree with you. If Ubisoft fixes this in AC3 then I'll retract my bad-storytelling comment and replace it with "nearly bad story-telling, but horrible insight."
It's not one thing, but mostly it was her story on why she trusts Vidic. It really seems like at first she wasn't planning on telling him she was an Assassin at all. She was telling him all this stuff about why she trusts Vidic and how there is no "good" or "bad" side to the conflict ("It's all so relative"), which made so little sense to say. Aside from that there are just tons of little things.

ajl992008
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
i read earlier people saying that this could have been shown in acr if it had a little more development time, i dont think so, think about, all they really had to do was create a cut scene at the end of the game between subject 16 and desmond and he explains it all, they could go through the main gate and see subject 16's memories, not all of what was shown in lost archive just the important bits to the story, desmond finds out lucy was a templar and says sorry to subject 16, the animus THEN locates them to delete them and we THEN have that scen of subject 16 giving demsond a hug and saving him from deletion as desmond goes through a portal in the room and back to his body, nice and simple, an extra 5/10 minutes of gameplay. they could have cut another mission to develop this one but no, the real reason is that ubisoft wanted to get more money, and if there is an important part of the story in it fans are much more inclined to get it. i just watched a play through as did people on the forum or they bought it but for the majority of those who buy ac they probably dont know about this and so unless its revealed properly in ac3 it will confuse a lot of people.

Sukramo
04-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I like that Lucy was a Templar. But there still is the plothole why 16s puzzle dosent include "LUCY KILLED ME, SHE IS A TEMPLAR!!!!!!!!"

But since the DLC was obviously planned out way ahead, we can only assume this is how Ubisoft wanted to tell the story. Still, its VERY lazy to put vital plot elements in a DLC.

Oh and I find it REALLY stupid that Lucy supposedly went undercover around the age of 18. So the assasains recruited her at like 12 and trained her...............somewhere. I also dont see how William Miles traiend both Desmond and Lucy, Assasain camps are probably fairly spread out.

Gil_217
04-17-2012, 11:03 PM
I like that Lucy was a Templar. But there still is the plothole why 16s puzzle dosent include "LUCY KILLED ME, SHE IS A TEMPLAR!!!!!!!!"

But since the DLC was obviously planned out way ahead, we can only assume this is how Ubisoft wanted to tell the story. Still, its VERY lazy to put vital plot elements in a DLC.

Oh and I find it REALLY stupid that Lucy supposedly went undercover around the age of 18. So the assasains recruited her at like 12 and trained her...............somewhere. I also dont see how William Miles traiend both Desmond and Lucy, Assasain camps are probably fairly spread out.

LOL at Lucy killing Clay. You got a little excited didn't you?

Even though we can say that she played a part in his death.

Potato54321
04-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Gil_217,

Besides the obvious venom in this post, I think it's the most true. I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I don't think Assassin's Creed has all that good story telling.

Let's recap the stories:

SPOILER ALERT

AC1: You are some random Bartender, kidnapped and forced to go around the Crusades fighting people who you are told to be evil but who bring up good points justifying themselves. It turns out that the guy who told you that they are evil actually is the only REAL bad guy, and you kill him not sure if you're on the right side or not. Meanwhile, in modern day land, the modern Templars, who seem to be most definitely the baddies, foil a rescue attempt from the modern day assassins. Then the Lucy breaks you out.

AC2: You get to "train" as Ezio to find some magic ball of doom that can defeat the Templars. The Templars are way more obviously bad this time around, and the Assassin's are way more Robin Hood-y. In modern day land, you sit around and listen to some snarky comments from a British dude. Then, at the end, Big Baddie from AC1 comes to fight you, you beat up his gang of Little Baddies, and leave. Everyone seems to have forgot about the Magic Ball of Doom.

ACB: You head to Ezio's home town to hide out and continue finding something. You're not quite sure what, as the plot is never quite clear on what magic alien glowing thing you're looking for this time. It turns out you're looking for the Futuristic Vault of Magic Doom. Magic Greek Goddess of Doom says something doom-y, then you stab Lucy, for some unknown reason.

ACR: You get to play some more Ezio, to apparently "reveal all of his memories". You do this, then you wake up and find out about a Magic Solar Flare of Doom. The Magic Ball of Doom somehow ended up with the guys you woke up with, though, you aren't sure how.

Now, this is obviously a satirical oversimplification, but I'm just trying to show you what I got from playing the game. I wasn't reading up on outside sources, or the wiki, and was trying to pay attention despite the Modern Day story boring me to death, but it doesn't seem very well written. It's convoluted, loops around, is random, and really seems made up on a game to game basis. I know I'm going to get flamed like hell for this, but it's what I see. To be frank, the story in Assassin's Creed (the games) isn't very well written.

Heck, even the historical bits aren't very well written. The first game was fantastic, but I thought the second was rather cliche and badly paced. Brotherhood's and Revelation's were alright, and enjoyable.

TL;DR: The modern parts don't make any sense to me and the historical parts are hardly a triumph of video game story telling.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-18-2012, 12:47 AM

I'm not sure, but in the beginning of Assassins Creed, doesn't the animus tell Desmond, '' your ancestors used eagle vision to see the intentions of the people around.'' or something along those lines. This was right in the beginning in the training section of AC1

LightRey
04-18-2012, 02:15 AM

I think it's obvious from the way we found out about it that for some reason he thought he shouldn't tell Desmond. Also, she didn't kill him.

punkyskunk
04-18-2012, 03:01 AM
I'm not sure, but in the beginning of Assassins Creed, doesn't the animus tell Desmond, '' your ancestors used eagle vision to see the intentions of the people around.'' or something along those lines. This was right in the beginning in the training section of AC1

I think it did too...

Acrimonious_Nin
04-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Eagle vision was meant to read peoples intentions not their affiliation.

Sukramo
04-18-2012, 07:16 AM
LOL at Lucy killing Clay. You got a little excited didn't you?

Even though we can say that she played a part in his death.

Clay knew she was a Templar. Her course of action directly led to Clay killing himself. Twist and turn it all you will, but it makes no sence for Clay to not telll about Lucy in a glyph.

I think it's obvious from the way we found out about it that for some reason he thought he shouldn't tell Desmond.

And yet he tried telling Desmond, first in the miracle and then in the DLC (If Desmond knows about the DLC.)

It was blue when used on Al Mualim to. Eagle vision probably isnt that accurate.

LightRey
04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Clay knew she was a Templar. Her course of action directly led to Clay killing himself. Twist and turn it all you will, but it makes no sence for Clay to not telll about Lucy in a glyph.

And yet he tried telling Desmond, first in the miracle and then in the DLC (If Desmond knows about the DLC.)

It was blue when used on Al Mualim to. Eagle vision probably isnt that accurate.
I'd say it's quite clear that Desmond did not witness TLA since it is accessed from the main menu, not Animus Island, and we at no point see any signs of him being present, unlike in Desmond's Journey where he had comments on the events he was "reliving". Also, exactly how do you figure The Miracle held any information regarding Lucy's betrayal? We have no conclusive evidence that he was talking about Lucy and I think it is equally likely he's talking about someone like Minerva or Juno for example. Not to mention that the devs have stated that anything Clay said before ACR cannot be fully trusted due to his mental state.

Sukramo
04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Also, exactly how do you figure The Miracle held any information regarding Lucy's betrayal?

"She is not who you think she is"

I doubt he meant the TWCB, Clay somehow knows about stuff outside of the animus, thus knowing Desmond had not met TWCB yet.

Will_Lucky
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Well, if I recall Clay in particular relived the memories of Ezio it may have come to the point where the Templars knew the location of three vaults/temples but couldn't access any of them. The first required the Apple and Staff one of which was destroyed by the assassins and held nothing of value anymore and the second and third both which opened with Ezios touch but presumably no one elses couldn't be accessed so they must have deduced only a descendant such as Desmond could. Clay must have known that they needed Desmond to relive the memories of Ezio so in particular planted the glyphs to correspond with the locatiions in his memories so presumably his lineage with Ezio ended at some point just after 1507. And on another note they witnessed Ezios memories and that will have included the meeting with Minerva who would have said Desmond when addressing Ezio and the Templars just happen to know of the existance of a Desmond Miles son of William Miles.

So the Templars let Desmond go with Lucy who tells them Ezio Auditore was the key saying it the next logical step, he would relive the memories of Ezio so that he and the other assassins could then retreive the Apple which Lucy was to deliver to Abstergo. I imagine there was also a second objective, by returning Lucy to the fold she had access to the Assassins activities again and alongside the animus sessions could return valuable information on those activities and the chance to get direct info on William Miles.

They would have known that the Assassins would head to the point that was highlighted in the Second temple and presumably that would be the point they would get them, get the apple and have Lucy return to the Templars. If that was the plan it worked magnificantly....until the point Lucy was killed by Juno.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Well, if I recall Clay in particular relived the memories of Ezio it may have come to the point where the Templars knew the location of three vaults/temples but couldn't access any of them. The first required the Apple and Staff one of which was destroyed by the assassins and held nothing of value anymore and the second and third both which opened with Ezios touch but presumably no one elses couldn't be accessed so they must have deduced only a descendant such as Desmond could. Clay must have known that they needed Desmond to relive the memories of Ezio so in particular planted the glyphs to correspond with the locatiions in his memories so presumably his lineage with Ezio ended at some point just after 1507. And on another note they witnessed Ezios memories and that will have included the meeting with Minerva who would have said Desmond when addressing Ezio and the Templars just happen to know of the existance of a Desmond Miles son of William Miles.

So the Templars let Desmond go with Lucy who tells them Ezio Auditore was the key saying it the next logical step, he would relive the memories of Ezio so that he and the other assassins could then retreive the Apple which Lucy was to deliver to Abstergo. I imagine there was also a second objective, by returning Lucy to the fold she had access to the Assassins activities again and alongside the animus sessions could return valuable information on those activities and the chance to get direct info on William Miles.

They would have known that the Assassins would head to the point that was highlighted in the Second temple and presumably that would be the point they would get them, get the apple and have Lucy return to the Templars. If that was the plan it worked magnificantly....until the point Lucy was killed by Juno.

Killed by Desmond miles who was controlled by Juno via the apple.

LightRey
04-19-2012, 12:44 PM
"She is not who you think she is"

I doubt he meant the TWCB, Clay somehow knows about stuff outside of the animus, thus knowing Desmond had not met TWCB yet.
It could be referring to any other female person, be it the woman Juno is talking about or somebody else entirely. Hell, it might not even have been directed at Desmond, but to a hallucination brought up by the bleeding effect. Remember, anything he says before ACR should be taken with a grain of salt.

RuggedBabyJesus
04-22-2012, 03:17 AM

Pretty much this, but as for point 1, I suspect it will be further revealed/elaborated upon in Assassins Creed 3, as it is a rather large plot piece and I'm sure Ubisoft realizes that many people didn't and won't buy The Lost Archive. I also suspect that Lucy is blue because she didn't plan on harming Desmond or any of the other Assassins. She probably just intended on taking the P.O.E and escaping before Desmond, Shaun, or Rebecca could do anything about it. "Despite her true allegiance, she appeared to show genuine care and compassion to her team, and her regrets about Clay still haunted her to the end of her life." (Wiki) I really don't think she would harm any of them. Hell, she might even be blue because she actually intended on betraying the Templars, and just used this plan as a way to escape. TWCB didn't know this maybe and they mistakenly made Desmond murder her. Regardless, she wasn't a direct threat to Desmond, and she was also trying to help him (even if it was helping the Templars) so this is why I believe she was considered an ally. I'm a firm believer that this will all play a role in Assassins Creed 3.

Jedted
06-13-2012, 03:58 AM
My problem with this plot twist is that Lucy seems too smart to just converted by Vidic. She was trained as an assassin from birth(William says he trained both her and Desmond) so the isolation of working undercover shouldn't affect her that greatly. Also, i don't see why she would betray the Assassins just because of her dissagrement with William. I really hope they explore this more in AC3 because i just can't believe that Lucy was fully aligned with the Templars.

Sorry if this an old thread but i had to get that off my chest.

Calvarok
06-13-2012, 05:46 AM
My problem with this plot twist is that Lucy seems too smart to just converted by Vidic. She was trained as an assassin from birth(William says he trained both her and Desmond) so the isolation of working undercover shouldn't affect her that greatly. Also, i don't see why she would betray the Assassins just because of her dissagrement with William. I really hope they explore this more in AC3 because i just can't believe that Lucy was fully aligned with the Templars.

Sorry if this an old thread but i had to get that off my chest.
He left her there since she was 17. That's pretty crazy if you think about it. probably unethical. Lucy is a smart person, but she felt abandoned and left alone by the Assassins. Their idea of freedom for everyone can come at the cost of isolation. The Templars want to bring everyone together, make everyone safe and stable. That idea is a good one. The extreme they take it to is a bit scary, but is it not the same for the assassins? Killing people simply because they believe in something you don't, killing people because they stand in your way, a whole lot of killing all so that people can be free to run wild and do what they want. free to learn and become better, yes, but also free to have wars. The Templar way ends all chaos. The Assassin way preserves it out of the belief that it is choice to do good that gives humanity worth. But is that true? Ask a bunch of people and you'll probably get widely varying answers.

I can see how Lucy was swayed. And I can't honestly tell you what I would have done in her situation, or even if I would agree more with the Templars or Assassins.

About the OP, though I'm sure this has been said before: Eagle Vision shows people with intention to do something bad to you. Lucy's objective was to help Desmond with his, and she genuinely cared about him. It makes sense to me that she would show up as blue, since as a Templar she thinks that she's helping Desmond by creating the New World Order. The Templars that show up as red are the ones who actually want to hurt you physically. Lucy's part in the plan was more subtle.

Jedted
06-13-2012, 07:08 PM
He left her there since she was 17. That's pretty crazy if you think about it. probably unethical. Lucy is a smart person, but she felt abandoned and left alone by the Assassins. Their idea of freedom for everyone can come at the cost of isolation. The Templars want to bring everyone together, make everyone safe and stable. That idea is a good one. The extreme they take it to is a bit scary, but is it not the same for the assassins? Killing people simply because they believe in something you don't, killing people because they stand in your way, a whole lot of killing all so that people can be free to run wild and do what they want. free to learn and become better, yes, but also free to have wars. The Templar way ends all chaos. The Assassin way preserves it out of the belief that it is choice to do good that gives humanity worth. But is that true? Ask a bunch of people and you'll probably get widely varying answers.

I can see how Lucy was swayed. And I can't honestly tell you what I would have done in her situation, or even if I would agree more with the Templars or Assassins.

I geuss that makes sense, i always knew the Assassin/Templar war wasn't as black and white as it was made out to be. I'm just mad at this sudden development with Lucy's character. If she never intended to decieve Desmond then why did they have to kill her off?

I geuss Juno and the other FirstCiv members are incapable of seeing people's true intentions and only see their alliegence.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 07:15 PM
I geuss that makes sense, i always knew the Assassin/Templar war wasn't as black and white as it was made out to be. I'm just mad at this sudden development with Lucy's character. If she never intended to decieve Desmond then why did they have to kill her off?

I geuss Juno and the other FirstCiv members are incapable of seeing people's true intentions and only see their alliegence.
Lucy was going to bring the Apple to Templars; its not about allegiance, its about their(those who came before) plan. They have Business to take care of and Lucy was going to completely ruin it so..
just take her out of the equation.
Those who came before do not give a crap about the Templars or Assassins or their War, they just want to stop the Disaster from occurring and their plan cannot afford to have any distractions figured in the child`s play of Vidic and Abstergo..