PDA

View Full Version : Help Buying ACR

arsal_93
04-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Guys i want to know if i should buy ACR or not ? And if i should then should i buy from steam or retail shop (as it provide me with ubi servers and there are rurmors that its servers are dead and I HAVE A PING PROBLEM TOO MY PING IS 293ms so tell me if i should buy or not)? What should i do buy from steam or retail???

TheLeoCrow
04-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Steam or retail, it's the same thing. However, if you have such high ping, then you will probably have trouble with the multiplayer

Razrback16
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes you should buy it. Not the best game in the franchise, but still good and continues to build the epic story that is Assassin's Creed.

I would never recommend buying ANYTHING from Steam.

MicHaeL_MonStaR
04-16-2012, 04:18 PM
How do you know what your ping is if you didn't try the game? Isn't that different with everything? Depending on where the server is of course.
If you used SpeedTest.net and tested on a nearby server and it's THAT high, then I suggest you invest in a better provider first.

As for buying the game, I don't see the problem with Steam, except that their prices are often too high.
But "not recommending anyone to buy ANYTHING at Steam"?? I don't see the problem, I've bought multiple games on there and it's all working great.
If you live in the US, maybe Amazon.com provides a download and a good price, or even the retail-package.
Cause if you want a box and maybe other extras, I suggest you look into the retail-version. Amazon usually has great prices.

But if you should buy the game in general... I haven't played it, but most people found it just kind of not as good as the previous games.
But if you played the other games, liked them and want to play more and are curious about the story, I think you should be fine simply getting it.
I know I will be getting it at the right price, and I'll see what it's like. Can't be all that bad. Who knows I might enjoy it more than others, and you too.